• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Discrimination based on Race is still A-OK, but don't you pass an RFRA...

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The organization’s no-whites policy was tested most recently last year by a newly elected House member, Stephen I. Cohen of Tennessee, a white man who represents a 60 percent black district previously held by Harold Ford Jr. During Cohen’s 2006 campaign he wasquoted as saying that if elected he would try to become "the first white member" of the Congressional Black Caucus. But shortly after being sworn in the following January, Cohentold another reporter that he dropped his bid after hearing from several current and former caucus members that whites need not apply."I think they’re real happy I’m not going to join," said Cohen, according to Josephine Hearn, who covers the House for Politico.com. "It’s their caucus and they do things their way. You don’t force your way in. You need to be invited."
Hearn quoted caucus member William Lacy Clay of Missouri, son of one of the CBC’s founders, as confirming that. "Mr. Cohen asked for admission, and he got his answer. … It’s time to move on," she quoted Clay as saying. "It’s an unwritten rule. It’s understood. It’s clear."
As for how such an exclusive organization can exist within the House, there are many caucuses set up to represent specific groups or causes. They are properly called Congressional Member Organizations, and the list includes dozens with very specific names.
Congressional Black Caucus for Blacks Only?

Now, imagine if you will that a group of congress critters got together and decided to create a "Congressional Heterosexual Caucus".

How far would that go?

Yeah.

So, Racial Discrimination is A-OK.

Where's the outrage? Where are the demands for equality? Where are the boycotts against outright bigotry and hate?

Oh, yeah... I forget, that's reserved for "Christian, Conservative or other non-progressive" groups, laws, states or ideas.

Now, imagine if you will that a group of congress critters got together and decided to create a "Congressional Heterosexual Caucus".

How far would that go?

Yeah.

Where's the outrage? Where are the demands for equality? Where are the boycotts against outright bigotry and hate?

Oh, yeah... I forget, that's reserved for "Christian, Conservative or other non-progressive" groups, laws, states or ideas.

Is there a White Caucus?

Welcome to the results of political correctness. That is about all you can say on this subject, there is political correctness reason there is not a "Congressional Heterosexual Caucus" or "Congressional White Caucus."

There's an Hispanic Caucus...they're Caucasian.

I enjoy a little racism in Congress Caucasian, feminine or other.

If the Democrats did not have Racial Preference Pandering, there would be no Democrats in Office at all.

-

Won't someone PLEASE think of the white hetero christian male??!!?!?!?!!?

There's an asshole caucus, it has 435 members.

Like I said....I can't wait till we've all ****ed each other into being the same basic color.

In the twisted rules of Political Correctness:

Any Organization, i.e. a school student body, school faculty, Government agency, workforce, sports team, club, residential district, military unit...

Any Group, can have too few Blacks or other "Designated Minorities", but it cannot have too many.

Any Group can have too Many White Males, but it cannot have too few.

This is NOT about Justice, or Equality, it is about Government Institutionalized Racial / Gender / Orientation Discrimination and Domination.

-

In the twisted rules of Political Correctness:

Any Organization, i.e. a school student body, school faculty, Government agency, workforce, sports team, club, residential district, military unit...

Any Group, can have too few Blacks or other "Designated Minorities", but it cannot have too many.

Any Group can have too Many White Males, but it cannot have too few.

This is NOT about Justice, or Equality, it is about Government Institutionalized Racial / Gender / Orientation Discrimination and Domination.

-

It's about social engineering. Blacks are the neo-racist. It's the "victim" syndrome. Victims have special rights. How else would the left keep the black vote in their camp?

How far would that go?

Yeah.

There is a heterosexual, christian, conservative group in Congress.

It's called Congress.

It's about social engineering. Blacks are the neo-racist. It's the "victim" syndrome. Victims have special rights. How else would the left keep the black vote in their camp?

Define "social engineering" for me, please.

How far would that go?

Yeah.

They want a color blind America. Stop treating blacks differently. Everyone is equal! This is a post racial America. No black America, no white America....it's the United States of America!

That's why they separated themselves by color.

You can't even be outraged. You have to laugh at the ignorance of their adoring constituents and supporters who are so easily led by these lying morons.

They want a color blind America. Stop treating blacks differently. Everyone is equal! This is a post racial America. No black America, no white America....it's the United States of America!

You can't even be outraged. You have to laugh at the ignorance of their adoring constituents and supporters who are so easily led by these lying morons.

Color...people of color...colored people?

Thats racist!!!

So...this is hilarious...

https://twitter.com/BLM_Boston/status/581932997944958976

"UPDATE: tomorrow's community meeting will be a People of Color ONLY space. Thank you for respecting wishes of community & Angelo's family"

Maybe they can invite the black Democratic lawmakers to entertain everyone with another round of "Hands up! Don't shoot!". We haven't seen them to that since they took the floor of Congress and did it.

Segregating by ethnicity is not inherently racist. Claiming superiority due one's ethnicity, is. AIPAC, the ADL and the CBC all exist for the reason of promoting minority interests that they feel are otherwise neglected by society in general. King himself was a prominent supporter and member of the NAACP for this precise reason. Speaking of ignorance on display!

A long, long time ago I had this out with a Detroit Black Panther who had no valid reason other than skin color to keep me out of his "klan."

there is always some negative racism when dealing with a minority, natives hear get a lot more help than anyone else, better access to commercial fisheries etc.

However there has always been a very observable double standard in the US, as color/race is never OUT of the equation. Even football and basketball statistics are kept black vs. white. No one ever had a problem with a movie called "White men can't jump" but race riots would break out with a movie called "Black guys can't play hockey".

"No more black America, white America...." will never happen as long as one or both sides draw that line anywhere.

Maybe they can invite the black Democratic lawmakers to entertain everyone with another round of "Hands up! Don't shoot!". We haven't seen them to that since they took the floor of Congress and did it.
Just to be a dick, I think the white lawmakers should respond by doing the Hokey Pokey. Or maybe join the Hispanic lawmakers doing the Macarena. If that wouldnt be racist.

A long, long time ago I had this out with a Detroit Black Panther who had no valid reason other than skin color to keep me out of his "klan."

there is always some negative racism when dealing with a minority, natives hear get a lot more help than anyone else, better access to commercial fisheries etc.

However there has always been a very observable double standard in the US, as color/race is never OUT of the equation. Even football and basketball statistics are kept black vs. white. No one ever had a problem with a movie called "White men can't jump" but race riots would break out with a movie called "Black guys can't play hockey".

"No more black America, white America...." will never happen as long as one or both sides draw that line anywhere.

"Black guys can't play hockey" ... Sticks up! Dont skate!

Segregating by ethnicity is not inherently racist. Claiming superiority due one's ethnicity, is. AIPAC, the ADL and the CBC all exist for the reason of promoting minority interests that they feel are otherwise neglected by society in general. King himself was a prominent supporter and member of the NAACP for this precise reason. Speaking of ignorance on display!

Ok, so be honest here-would a white group that very specifically did not claim superiority but instead promoted white interests be perceived as racist? Im in California where whites are a minority, btw.

Back
Top Bottom