• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DirecTV dropped OAN today, rejecting GOP pleas to keep right-wing network

What's wrong with that? Is it a crime?
Thankfully it is not a crime.

But it is better for society if such, in my opinion, trash isn't given a venue and promoted to the populace.

Was it really a business decision?
Yes. And because it was done by a company, it is not censorship.

You are all for the free market....till you aren't....

Thankfully it is not a crime.

But it is better for society if such, in my opinion, trash isn't given a venue and promoted to the populace.

My take is that trash like msnbc and cnn should not be given a venue and promoted to the populace. The obvious question is who made me judge of what is trash? More importantly, why should the average Joe not decide for himself what is trash?

You mean like y'all are trying to do with Disney?

I am not aware of what is going on with Disney. But I will gladly object to its cancelation

Was it really a business decision?
Article states that DirectTV expanded its deal with FOX. Which means they will happily continue to broadcast right wing propagandists like Comrade Carlson.

Maybe if OAN drew people like Tucker, DirectTV wouldn't have considered their relationship expendable.

Article states that DirectTV expanded its deal with FOX. Which means they will happily continue to broadcast right wing propagandists like Comrade Carlson.

Maybe if OAN drew people like Tucker, DirectTV wouldn't have considered their relationship expendable.

Good info. I happen to be a devotee of Tucker Carlson's; so I welcome Directv continuing, for the moment, to broadcast Carlson. But it may not last long. I imagine the advocacy groups that pushed Directv to cancel OAN will put the bullseye on Carlson. :)

Good info. I happen to be a devotee of Tucker Carlson's; so I welcome Directv continuing, for the moment, to broadcast Carlson. But it may not last long. I imagine the advocacy groups that pushed Directv to cancel OAN will put the bullseye on Carlson. :)
Won't matter, and that's the point. Until the advocacy groups can put pressure on that's greater than Comrade Carlson's revenue stream potential you will not have to worry about getting your Tucker fix. :)

I am not aware of what is going on with Disney. But I will gladly object to its cancelation
Right wingers are all up in arms because gay people exist in Disney products. They're literally calling to have the trademark ended.

Right wingers are all up in arms because gay people exist in Disney products. They're literally calling to have the trademark ended.

It would be ok with you if some rightwing advocacy groups got Disney to fold?

It would be ok with you if some rightwing advocacy groups got Disney to fold?
Go ahead boycott them. They could care less. The right has become a pariah and have cooties.

My take is that trash like msnbc and cnn should not be given a venue and promoted to the populace. The obvious question is who made me judge of what is trash? More importantly, why should the average Joe not decide for himself what is trash?
Figured those would be the responses from folks.

If pay TV , DTV and Cable, was set up that way where the viewer decided what they wished to watch and only paid for the content they watched that would be so much better.

But it isn't.

CNN and MSNBC are so far, even on their worst days, above OAN that it isn't even a real comparison, apples and oranges.

You can certainly argue that in your opinion they are trash and undeserving of venues that they have, but it could not be fairly argued they are of the same gutter groveling low level slime of OAN.

Blatant lies are not opinions.

Each Joe should be his own judge of what are "blatant lies" and what are "opinions". You have that right. No one should ever take it away. I find nothing as intolerable as another arrogating to himself a right which does not belong to them.

When are you whack-jobs gonna figure that out?

I am a whack-job for defending your right to be your own judge of what you consider lies or opinions?

If you want to hear lies start talking to yourself.

Shouldnt I be the judge? Or I am not marture enough to judge for myself? Eitherway, the decision is mine, not yours.

My take is that trash like msnbc and cnn should not be given a venue and promoted to the populace.
This must have really hurt. 🤭
The obvious question is who made me judge of what is trash?
You aren't the judge of anything. A private company has the right to dictate what they broadcast.
More importantly, why should the average Joe not decide for himself what is trash?
They have... clearly OANN is not worth the trouble it creates. There are not enough loon-bugs watching such garbage to justify keeping it on. You can only sell so many pillows, trump hats, nad blue flags.

CNN and MSNBC are so far, even on their worst days, above OAN that it isn't even a real comparison, apples and oranges.

You can certainly argue that in your opinion they are trash and undeserving of venues that they have, but it could not be fairly argued they are of the same gutter groveling low level slime of OAN.

I respect your call that OAN is slime. It is possible for others to differ with you, no? Btw I am a fan of Tucker Carlson and Greg Gutfeld. Before that I was a fan of Bill O'Reilly

This must have really hurt. 🤭

How, dude? I am a devotee of Tucker Carlson and Greg Gutfeld. Two giants in the media world. I hardly ever watch OAN.

You aren't the judge of anything. A private company has the right to dictate what they broadcast.

I am arguing something else.

They have... clearly OANN is not worth the trouble it creates. There are not enough loon-bugs watching such garbage to justify keeping it on. You can only sell so many pillows, trump hats, nad blue flags.

So pressure from advocacy groups had nothing to do with as the thread opener mentions?

Back
Top Bottom