• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Developers Release Renderings of Controversial Park51 Community Center

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Developers Release Renderings of Controversial Park51 Community Center - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

However, as has been the case throughout the controversy surrounding the project, critics are finding other messages in the design plans. Conservative blogger Pam Geller, a leading foe of the project, has denounced the honeycomb design as a representation of "crashing Stars of David," and described the design plan as "diabolically audacious."

Other, less polemically-minded critics have interpreted the conceptual plans as a statement on the project's broader interfaith message. Ed Pilkington, a writer for the UK Guardian, contends the structure's Star of David echo is one among several design elements crafted consciously in "homage to other religions"; the overall effect of the drawings, he argues, is to render Park51 "decidedly upbeat and galmorous building, more festive than threatening." Meanwhile, a Park51 spokesman said through Twitter that the hexagons aren't intended as any sort of reference to the Star of David, but rather come from an Arabic architecture technique called Mashrabiya.

The project's developer, meanwhile, is confident the building will win over its many detractors."I don't think that once this thing gets built, anyone will be picketing," Sharif El-Gamal told The Associated Press.

Some people in the America right is beginning to show their true colors. Making ridiculous connections and accusations of anti-semitism regardless of what is being proposed. It's McCarthyism for the 21st century. If you build a Mosque in New York, you're obviously an evil Muslim out to kill all Jews. From the blog being referenced:

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/...ia-financing-the-ground-zero-mega-mosque.html

I guess Abboud trumped the world. Let's hope Mr. Abboud's architectural skill surpasses his spelling ability. GZM rendering

Wait, it get s better, I mean worse. Just as it is an Islamic pattern to build triumphal mosques on the cherished sites of conquered lands, it is an Islamic mandate for non-Muslims to pay the jizya, an exorbitant tax on non-Muslims living in Muslim lands. Islam requires people of other faiths to pay money to support the Muslim religion. And here it is no different.

Non-Muslims will pay the exorbitant jizya of $2,700 for the privilege of membership in the Cordoba house, while Muslims will pay the nominal fee of $375 per year.

Yes, the YMCA also makes people who don't have low incomes pay more. I guess that's a good enough reason to shut them down. The best part is that she refutes her own comments with the article quoted:

Mr. Gamal is counting on the center’s eventually having about 4,330 paying members, about half of them paying $2,700 a year for the most expensive family plan, which would include use of a planned fitness center and pool.

Most of that core group, Mr. Gamal expects, would be non-Muslim neighborhood residents and commuters.

Muslims from around the region would make up a larger but less frequently visiting group — what he calls the “dinner and a date” crowd — many of them choosing the cheapest $375 family membership for cultural programs.

That means he's hoping that most non-Muslims decide to get the most expensive plan. Not that they'll be paying $2,700 simply because they're non Muslims. What a dumb bitch.

Last edited:
Developers Release Renderings of Controversial Park51 Community Center - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Some people in the America right is beginning to show their true colors. Making ridiculous connections and accusations of anti-semitism regardless of what is being proposed. It's McCarthyism for the 21st century. If you build a Mosque in New York, you're obviously an evil Muslim out to kill all Jews. From the blog being referenced:

Diabolically Audacious: Design, Jizya, and Sharia Financing The Ground Zero Mega Mosque - Atlas Shrugs

Yes, the YMCA also makes people who don't have low incomes pay more. I guess that's a good enough reason to shut them down. The best part is that she refutes her own comments with the article quoted:

That means he's hoping that most non-Muslims decide to get the most expensive plan. Not that they'll be paying $2,700 simply because they're non Muslims. What a dumb bitch.

Your post is silly at best and shows that you have no idea what so ever of the issues at the center of the controversy.

The true colors being shown are yours and they are red, red, and oh yes, red.

How can you hate America, and Americans, so much?

This is shameful at best.

Your post is silly at best and shows that you have no idea what so ever of the issues at the center of the controversy.

The true colors being shown are yours and they are red, red, and oh yes, red.

How can you hate America, and Americans, so much?

This is shameful at best.

Red? I'm actually black yo. And no, I don't hate America and Americans so much. I just hate Americans and America a lot. Come on now. Don't be dishonest.

Last edited:

Diabolically Audacious: Design, Jizya, and Sharia Financing The Ground Zero Mega Mosque - Atlas Shrugs

We only wish it was real McCarthyism. The HUAC needs to make a come back in a huge way. Many's-a-commie was smoked out when Senator McCarthy was tracking them down. He was a great American.

We only wish it was real McCarthyism. The HUAC needs to make a come back in a huge way. Many's-a-commie was smoked out when Senator McCarthy was tracking them down. He was a great American.

So freedom of thought.

Except when it's something you disagree with... Got it...

Why do you hate the constitution so much?

I am so sick of hearing about this. I just want this issue to go away. Build it, don't build it, I don't care. It was never a big deal in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom