• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis dicks disney.

I would think leftists would be jubilant over Disney having to pay their "fair share". :ROFLMAO:
We generally do want megacorps to pay their fair share, yes.

Is that a reason I should pretend that right wingers aren't doing this purely out of retaliation against Disney doing something that they don't approve of? I would thing right wingers would be against the government targeting businesses for punishment over their political speech.

What is with this guy? Does he think going after disney the way he is will help florida?
It's the Trump template - do your bullshit big and flashy so people pay attention to you and get distracted from your stupidity.

We generally do want megacorps to pay their fair share, yes.

Is that a reason I should pretend that right wingers aren't doing this purely out of retaliation against Disney doing something that they don't approve of? I would thing right wingers would be against the government targeting businesses for punishment over their political speech.

I would think leftists knew that free speech does not mean speech free from consequences.
Targeting businesses? :LOL: Your team wrote the script. Maybe Disney shouldn't have gone woke...

I would think leftists knew that free speech does not mean speech free from consequences.
Targeting businesses? :LOL: Your team wrote the script. Maybe Disney shouldn't have gone woke...
LOL. Another 'conservative' that is fine with free speech having consequences from government bodies that disagree with the speech. And a 'conservative' who thinks that GOVERNMENT is the appropriate institution to determine who's speech should be approved of and/or punished is kinda hilarious.

You'd be really embarrassed to have this position if you had a modicum of understanding of why this position is about as anticonservative and anti-free speech as one can possibly get. But I will give you a pass for obvious reasons.

Don't you believe Disney should pay their fair share in taxes?
Yes, of course. But I dont think that pulling thier tax breaks because they said something the conservatives didnt like is a rational or proper way to run government.

You dont think so either if you are conservative or libertarian. One might think this is proper if one is fascist or just really freaking stupid though.

'Small government' Republicans abusing their power for a political war against a company over their desire to attack gay people for political power, by shifting power from the company to government.

Yes, of course. But I dont think that pulling thier tax breaks because they said something the conservatives didnt like is a rational or proper way to run government.

You dont think so either if you are conservative or libertarian. One might think this is proper if one is fascist or just really freaking stupid though.
I don't agree with punishing anyone for political speech. I'm not sure if what the Florida legislator qualifies as punishment but I do agree it's wrong to harm someone because you disagree with them. I just find it odd to see progressives defending a big corporation's special status.

I don't agree with punishing anyone for political speech. I'm not sure if what the Florida legislator qualifies as punishment but I do agree it's wrong to harm someone because you disagree with them. I just find it odd to see progressives defending a big corporation's special status.

I said the same thing earlier on a different thread.
All you said, and I also find it odd that the usual progressives don't see their hypocrisy in suddenly NOT wanting to punish others for their political speech. Oh, and yeah, they were against corporations before they suddenly became their biggest defenders. Oh gag... lol

WOW! So when liberals mention consequences, you thought they meant from the government, and you are now supporting government punishing businesses for their political speech.

Let me clarify our position. Those consequences we mentioned come from people. My neighbor has the right to be an asshole, and I have the right to call him an asshole. That's a consequence of his choice. Me calling him an asshole and the government punishing him are not the same thing. I hope this helps define the difference between your position and mine.

I said the same thing earlier on a different thread.
All you said, and I also find it odd that the usual progressives don't see their hypocrisy in suddenly NOT wanting to punish others for their political speech. Oh, and yeah, they were against corporations before they suddenly became their biggest defenders. Oh gag... lol
LOL! Pointing out that right wingers are targeting Disney purely out of retaliation in their little culture war is not "being the biggest defenders" of megacorporations. Wow, you people really do just think in black and white!

The right wing needs a constant culture war to survive, and this requires shifting to new victims as time moves on.
The left are the ones constantly pushing the culture war, wtf are you talking about? Disney openly admitted to wanting to propagandize children as was proven when their videos were leaked.

The left are the ones constantly pushing the culture war, wtf are you talking about? Disney openly admitted to wanting to propagandize children as was proven when their videos were leaked.

Thanks for keeping the discussion real... Dizzy, Daffy and Disney are responsible for the left's latest political brouhaha.

LOL! Pointing out that right wingers are targeting Disney purely out of retaliation in their little culture war is not "being the biggest defenders" of megacorporations. Wow, you people really do just think in black and white!

Spare me the phony outrage. 😪

Thanks for keeping the discussion real... Dizzy, Daffey and Disney are responsible for the left's latest political brouhaha.
The left - Let's teach and have private conversations with very young kids about sex, sexual orientation, and confuse the hell out of them about what a boy and a girl is and hide it from their parents as they have no right to know things about their own children.

Also the left - WHY ARE CONSERVATIVES CONSTANTLY GOING ON WITH THE CULTURE WAR?!?!?!

I know its kind of an advanced concept, but the first amendment DOES apply to state governments, including the governor...

The left - Let's teach and have private conversations with very young kids about sex, sexual orientation, and confuse the hell out of them about what a boy and a girl is and hide it from their parents as they have no right to know things about their own children.

Also the left - WHY ARE CONSERVATIVES CONSTANTLY GOING ON WITH THE CULTURE WAR?!?!?!

Their newest BFF(s), corporations. LOL!
You can't make this up !!!

Let's face it. DeSantis is their newest boogieman. How long before we hear he's colluding with Putin to shut down speech? Maybe there's a new dossier in the works.

I know its kind of an advanced concept, but the first amendment DOES apply to state governments, including the governor...

And your point is?

LOL, "propagandize children."

If you don't like a product Disney chooses to sell, don't buy it. That's what a normal person does. A person waging a culture war starts making up this bigoted garbage about "grooming children" and demanding the government punish them for daring to do something Christians don't personally approve of.

Back
Top Bottom