• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis dicks disney.

Yeah fletch, I admire you advanced thinking capabilities. You sure uncovered them for what they are groomers, good job.
I asked straight forward questions and true to form, you were unable to address them. Dont be so predictable.

Disney will likely raise prices and lay off workers, and move production jobs to other states with a more business-friendly regulatory environment.

Don't let the door hit them in the ass!

Same reason as Amazon not making a New York HQ? Megacorporations have the clout to shop around for special tax deals and their goal is to make as much money as possible, so they do that. The little guy doesn't have that ability, so they get stuck with an unfair playing field.

Weird to see you describing profit motive as "hateful."

They're being handed a bill for hundreds of millions of dollars. What, you think they're going to just suck that up out of the goodness of their hearts?
Disney is already in Florida in case you werent aware. But since when are you opposed to rich, massive corporations paying their fair share of taxes? Its hard to keep up with your ever changing 'logic.'

Why would they lay people off? Or raise prices? Are they just vindictive hateful leftists after all?
Gee, if a corporation takes a hit to revenue that is what they do.
How would it be any different than the hateful move by the GOP here?

Disney is already in Florida in case you werent aware.
Businesses sometimes move their operations to a more favorable environment. You folks crow about that vis a vis Texas all the time.

But since when are you opposed to rich, massive corporations paying their fair share of taxes? Its hard to keep up with your ever changing 'logic.'
Which part of my post made you think I'm in favor of special tax breaks for megacorporations that the little guy doesn't get? My use of the phrase "unfair playing field" was something you took as support?

Gee, if a corporation takes a hit to revenue that is what they do.
How would it be any different than the hateful move by the GOP here?
The second liberal who has finally realized that raising taxes or costs on corporations trickles down to the little guy.

With Disney's $75.2 billion annual economic impact for Central Florida. 463,000 jobs. $5.8 billion in additional state tax revenue.
Would serve Desantis right if Disney just up and left Florida.
Won't happen, how many billions are in the park? Building that elsewhere would not be feasible. Plus, florida is ideal location for disneyworld.

The second liberal who has finally realized that raising taxes or costs on corporations trickles down to the little guy.
So you admit that you already knew of these consequences beforehand, and pretended to be unaware that businesses do it? Thanks for proving me right.

Disney should do what they do best. Entertain people. They decided to play politics and now will pay a price for that.
Probably going to cost them about 200 million in taxes! They are going to lose their special exemption.

BOOM

This will easily pass in the house! Disney just learned a big lesson!

I would think leftists would be jubilant over Disney having to pay their "fair share". :ROFLMAO:

98-982841_sad-mickey-mouse-clipart.png
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

:love:

So you admit that you already knew of these consequences beforehand, and pretended to be unaware that businesses do it? Thanks for proving me right.
I never pretended otherwise. Unlike you. Stop projecting.

Disney should do what they do best. Entertain people. They decided to play politics and now will pay a price for that.
Probably going to cost them about 200 million in taxes! They are going to lose their special exemption.

BOOM

What 'lesson' do you think disney just learned? DeSantis is as childish and petty as his idol trump.

Glad to know that you think the proper role of government is to punish those who dont agree with what government policies are.

Thats not gonna bite ya in the ass one day, is it?
They do not see the part that says...and then they came for me.

Do we support massive corporations today? I thought we were supposed to rail against the 1%?

Lol. You sure dont know much about politics outside of your liberal bubble do you.
Living in flori-duh, I've become much more aware of politics. Since you seem to know much more, tell me which part of my response was inaccurate? Is trump still president and I'm just too stupid to realize it?

BOOM

Disney just started planning to leave floriduh.

Why would they lay people off? Or raise prices? Are they just vindictive hateful leftists after all?
Because their operating expenses just went way up.

derp

Wokeist garbage causes problems with non-commies.
Not too hard to understand.

Back
Top Bottom