• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems make first move to cancel debates.

Bullseye

All Lives Matter or No Lives Matter
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
We all knew it had to happen, and now the first hint: Dems want to cancel debates

Because Trump is a poopy-head, or something

"I myself, just don’t tell anybody I told you this, especially don’t tell Joe Biden," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told Capitol Hill reporters on Thursday. "I don't think there should be any debates."

"I do not think that the president of the United States has comported himself in a way that anybody has associations with truth, evidence, data and facts," Pelosi said of President Trump. "I wouldn't legitimize a conversation with him."

Pelosi making a comment that she doesn't think there should be debates because Trump doesn't deserve them does not mean "the democrats are trying to cancel the debates".

The debates are happening, and I don't think they're going to be the slam dunk for Trump you think they'll be.

I don't know where the venue for the debates will be but I hope it doesn't require the candidates to descend any stairs or ramps.

Trump-Walking-The-Ramp.gif

They'll probably offer refreshments of their choice, like sparkling water, or ...

Trump-Drinking-Bleach.gif

We all knew it had to happen, and now the first hint: Dems want to cancel debates

Why start out a thread with a lie? This isn't a move to cancel the debates, this is Pelosi running her mouth. She's not running for President and has no say in the debates.

You needn't worry, Biden will debate Dementia Don.

I don't know where the venue for the debates will be but I hope it doesn't require the candidates to descend any stairs or ramps.

You know that Biden can not win in November... That is why you post silly things like this?

Silly nothing things.... So sad! :lamo :peace

Pelosi making a comment that she doesn't think there should be debates because Trump doesn't deserve them does not mean "the democrats are trying to cancel the debates".

The debates are happening, and I don't think they're going to be the slam dunk for Trump you think they'll be.
Its what they call a trial balloon. I am curious how voters would respond to a candidate declining to debate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Its what they call a trial balloon. I am curious how voters would respond to a candidate declining to debate.

No one has declined to debate. There are 3 scheduled debates and nobody with any say-so in the matter has tried to cancel them. You lie because you have an agenda.

I often wondered how voters would respond to a candidate that refused to show his tax returns....

Why start out a thread with a lie? This isn't a move to cancel the debates, this is Pelosi running her mouth. She's not running for President and has no say in the debates.

This is about the third or fourth thread on this subject, (one being mine in general), but IMO, the O/P isn't a lie. He's speculating. We'll see if Biden does end up debating Trump. It could very well be a ploy being used by Pelosi to put pressure on Biden not to show up.

If there are no debates it robs Trump of oxygen, imo.

If there is no upside for Biden, **** Trump!

Any undecideds at this juncture........ ...

I think that ice cream Nancy is just looking for some attention. From the time the president canceled her overseas trip she has been pissed at the president.
She has her nutty briefings and goes on her little rants. Joe says he will be there for the debates. I will believe that when I see it happen. :peace

If there are no debates it robs Trump of oxygen, imo.

If there is no upside for Biden, **** Trump!

Any undecideds at this juncture........ ...

It doesn't matter whom it benefits or not, the debates need to be held. If Trump and Biden had any balls, they'd invite the 3rd party candidates, but the Republocrats are forever afraid of actual political competition.

It doesn't matter whom it benefits or not, the debates need to be held. If Trump and Biden had any balls, they'd invite the 3rd party candidates, but the Republocrats are forever afraid of actual political competition.

Just more theater!

They should invite Antifa and BLM too, to make it fair. Oh wait they already have Biden.

We'll see. Pelosi has a little influence with the Dems - you might have noticed.

Nothing in the article even remotely implies Democrats are trying to cancel debates. It was no more than Nancy Pelosi making weird comments.

Even the fear of Joe Biden making verbal gaffes is irrational. He won the two-hour debate with Bernie Sanders on March 15. That debate further helped him continue his win streak in the Democratic primaries before Sanders finally dropped out.

We'll see. Pelosi has a little influence with the Dems - you might have noticed.

That's not what you said and it's not what she said. You said "The Dems are making moves to cancel the debates", when there were no moves of any kind and Pelosi said she doesn't think there should be any. You lie because you have an agenda. Don't have anything tangible to criticize Biden on? Just make things up!

Biden confirmed today, as he had anytime he’s asked, that he’s agreed to the debates. This is is more of the jOe hAs dEmEnTiA dipcrappery that’s backfired on President Man Woman Person Ivanka.

That's not what you said and it's not what she said. You said "The Dems are making moves to cancel the debates", when there were no moves of any kind and Pelosi said she doesn't think there should be any. You lie because you have an agenda. Don't have anything tangible to criticize Biden on? Just make things up!

IF you want to make a Republican angry, repeat their own words back to them.

They'll probably offer refreshments of their choice, like sparkling water, or ...

Trump-Drinking-Bleach.gif

Well make sure someone drives Biden because he will wind up a 1,000 miles away if left to his own devices. He never knows where he is.

I think that ice cream Nancy is just looking for some attention. From the time the president canceled her overseas trip she has been pissed at the president.
She has her nutty briefings and goes on her little rants. Joe says he will be there for the debates. I will believe that when I see it happen. :peace
Joe has to put up a brave front, backing out of debates would be a grievous self-inflicted wound.

We'll see. Pelosi has a little influence with the Democrats - you might have noticed.

Not after she told the media, "I myself, just don’t tell anybody I told you this, especially don’t tell Joe Biden."

It's the first volley in the campaign to get Biden out of the debates. Nancy is running the democrats from the house and I'm sure there will be more from her. The democrats have no intention of letting Joe out of the basement and certainly not to answer questions, much less appear live anywhere in front of an audience and take questions.

Well make sure someone drives Biden because he will wind up a 1,000 miles away if left to his own devices. He never knows where he is.

At least Joe Biden had a plan back in March as to how to attack the Covid-19 pandemic. Trump's only plan was to deny it. History will remember Trump as the 'virus president' and in more ways than one.

Trump-ISThe-Virus.gif

Back
Top Bottom