• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dems make first move to cancel debates.

We all knew it had to happen, and now the first hint: Dems want to cancel debates

Because Trump is a poopy-head, or something

Who listens to that windbag? No, she hasn't spoken to Trump since the impeachment, and I'm sure it keeps him awake at night. LOL
Joe needs to go to the debate, pee in a cup to make Trump look like the moron he is, and then give 'em hell.

Not after she told the media, "I myself, just don’t tell anybody I told you this, especially don’t tell Joe Biden."
And you believe HER? This isn't her first week in Washington, you know. the surest way to get something out there is to tell a reporter "don't tell anyone". :cool:

Joe has to put up a brave front. Backing out of debates would be a grievous self-inflicted wound.

You know Joe Biden never backed out of a Democratic primary season debate in his life, right?

And you believe HER? This isn't her first week in Washington, you know. The surest way to get something out there is to tell a reporter, "Don't tell anyone."

I copied and pasted her quote in YOUR post. Got a problem with that?

No one has declined to debate. There are 3 scheduled debates and nobody with any say-so in the matter has tried to cancel them. You lie because you have an agenda.

Not to mention that the last I heard the Biden camp is the only who has actually committed to the debates in the first place.

Joe has to put up a brave front, backing out of debates would be a grievous self-inflicted wound.

Trump is the only candidate to question his participation in the debates. He is also the one who fears them the most. He is a terrible debater. I think he will continue to try to get out of them or lower expectations of him if he participates. He always claims that debates are "unfair" after he loses.

Will Trump Debate a Democrat in 2020? He’s Not So Sure. - The New York Times

We all knew it had to happen, and now the first hint: Dems want to cancel debates

Because Trump is a poopy-head, or something

Trump should be terrified of the debates. When asked the most basic question he can’t even respond with an intelligent answer:

c27c25a7811f96d5210f3e37515d88c1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trump should be terrified of the debates. When asked the most basic question he can’t even respond with an intelligent answer:

c27c25a7811f96d5210f3e37515d88c1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And you think this proves what?

Trump is the only candidate to question his participation in the debates. He is also the one who fears them the most. He is a terrible debater. I think he will continue to try to get out of them or lower expectations of him if he participates. He always claims that debates are "unfair" after he loses.

Will Trump Debate a Democrat in 2020? He’s Not So Sure. - The New York Times
LOL and you guys accuse us of being a cult!

Every response from you guys so far echoes that same talking points. :roll:

So there is no reason to think Joe Biden would even consider backing out of three debates.
LOL, and Pelosi was just musing to herself while a reporter was there? She's old, but she's not stupid; he's a master politician. She never says anything in public with out a reason.

Its what they call a trial balloon. I am curious how voters would respond to a candidate declining to debate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I agree. In another thread, I was told that the debates have been agreed to, therefore they will happen. Such is not the case.

i doubt that the debates will be cancelled.

Pelosi making a comment that she doesn't think there should be debates because Trump doesn't deserve them does not mean "the democrats are trying to cancel the debates".

The debates are happening, and I don't think they're going to be the slam dunk for Trump you think they'll be.

If Nancy agreed with you she would not be floating trial balloons.

I often wondered how voters would respond to a candidate that refused to show his tax returns....

Obviously it doesn't matter. Returns are not required. Nobody cared.

Obviously it doesn't matter. Returns are not required. Nobody cared.

Are you failing to connect the dots???

Let me help you, similarly, if either candidate ducks the debate, it will come with some short-term fall-out, but likely make no difference in the end.

If that happened, I think President Trump should debate an empty chair.

He wouldn't even look good in that debate. Maybe Clint could give him some pointers on how to at least make it entertaining...

Last edited:
Its what they call a trial balloon. I am curious how voters would respond to a candidate declining to debate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If that happened, I think President Trump should debate an empty chair.

It doesn't matter whom it benefits or not, the debates need to be held. If Trump and Biden had any balls, they'd invite the 3rd party candidates, but the Republocrats are forever afraid of actual political competition.

I agree that if there are debates, all candidates should be included.

Are you failing to connect the dots???

Let me help you, similarly, if either candidate ducks the debate, it will come with some short-term fall-out, but likely make no difference in the end.

He wouldn't even look good in that debate. Maybe Clint could give him some pointers on how to at least make it entertaining...

You seriously think that if Biden ducks the debates, it will have no effect?

You seriously think that if Biden ducks the debates, it will have no effect?

Yep. Like the tax returns, some short-term fall out but no difference in the end..... this election is not about Biden. Its Trump vs. Not Trump. The number of people sitting on the fence ready to make a choice in candidates is not enough to affect the outcome of the election. This is not 2016.

Same thing is true should Trump duck the debate.

Yep. Like the tax returns, some short-term fall out but no difference in the end..... this election is not about Biden. Its Trump vs. Not Trump. Same thing is true should Trump duck the debate.

For 40% of the population each way. It's the 20% in the middle that decides elections.

Back
Top Bottom