• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats really love their chances 2014 with a long protracted Government shutdown

Re: Democrats really love their chances 2014 with a long protracted Government shutdo

As republicans shutdown the government and dash to their
limousines and golf courses to..."fight-the-good-fight"...democrats are giddy with this political gift.

No matter what statistics we see ...know this ....more Americans favor the democrats than this far-far-right wing lunatic fringe. Why republicans won in 2010 isn't because they grew their base ....it was because democrats stayed home ..plain and simple. And even where republicans won back then ...they often loss the popular vote but won because of rigged political map.

And we can verify this when we saw Obama won handily ...twice ...winning the popular vote and the election.

So democrats welcome this shutdown as a means to invigorate their base for 2014. And what will Republicans gain?

Dudes ....if you get madder at Obama ...you're vote will still only count as ..ONE VOTE!! :lamo

And you're never going to draw democrats or independents into your madness...again forget the polls ....let me repeat ..OBAMA HANDILY BEAT YOU GUYS.....TWICE!!

And the joke is ....Obama care still stand under a shutdown and your quest to punish the poor will be mixed as some programs will not be affected.

Democrats feared they wouldn't get another Sarah Palin to use as a symbol to bring out their supporters .....but with luck the Obama deranged right wing ...ensured that void is being filled.

LOL !!!!

Right, with the mass economic damage they're soley for ?

I think folks are tired of being chronically unployed.

Re: Democrats really love their chances 2014 with a long protracted Government shutdo

LOL !!!!

Right, with the mass economic damage they're soley for ?

I think folks are tired of being chronically unployed.

Think the American people aren't paying attention? The 2010 congress took office with their pretense of creating jobs...instead what were the republicans top agenda ... stopping ABORTION.

Here's a second clue ...we also heard your song before in 2012....about jobs ....and OBAMA STILL HANDILY DEFEATED YOU!!

But this issue ....really drives home this two-faced argument you people keep trying to make about jobs!!

With the shutdown you kill jobs for millions of government workers ...and even millions more of dependent private workers ...while these very government workers in congress ...ride off to their golf courses ...and still gets paid!!
Yeah ...Americans are going to really believe you people care about THEIR jobs!!:roll:

He is doing what is in his power to affect what he believes in. Shouldn't all members of congress do that?

Not if it doesn't make any sense and is a waste of time and money...

Depends on how you ask the question. Explain each major provision and then ask them if they approve and suddenly the picture changes dramatically.

Are you kidding.. They did a street poll and asked people which they liked best--The ACA or Obamacare and they all said the ACA and hated Obamacare.. When the reporter told one woman that they were the same thing, the woman got indignant and said "no they are not". So much for the American people understanding any dam thing..That's why it is so easy for the conservatives to fool them...

at this point I don't see me voting for any incumbant come election time.

Both parties are to blame for the mess.

I don't agree.. They had the very simple job of funding the government with a clean continuing resolution... The Democrats did so--several times--the Republicans did not....

I don't agree.. They had the very simple job of funding the government with a clean continuing resolution... The Democrats did so--several times--the Republicans did not....

and prior to this shutdown, the House sent the Senate. lets see 4 budget bills,
how many times did Reid bring them up ?

Both parties, and the President are responsible.
Do you know how many years we have been operating under a CR , i.e. no real budget.
its more than one.

Think the American people aren't paying attention? The 2010 congress took office with their pretense of creating jobs...instead what were the republicans top agenda ... stopping ABORTION.

Here's a second clue ...we also heard your song before in 2012....about jobs ....and OBAMA STILL HANDILY DEFEATED YOU!!

But this issue ....really drives home this two-faced argument you people keep trying to make about jobs!!

With the shutdown you kill jobs for millions of government workers ...and even millions more of dependent private workers ...while these very government workers in congress ...ride off to their golf courses ...and still gets paid!!
Yeah ...Americans are going to really believe you people care about THEIR jobs!!:roll:

WE didn't destroy the economy, you folks did, and the Americans who are stupid enough to believe your talking points are either too stupid to vote, or have already realized what a mistake electing a Jr Senator with a paper thin resume was.

I mean the first two years you folks had your way with the American economy, and the best you people could come up with was a desperately retarded "green jobs initiative" that abruptly fell on its face. Cost American tax payers HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS....

Yea, he won twice, and the middle class are suffering for it, as he and the Democrats lie their way through one disaster after another, lie their way through Congressional committee's.

As they enact policies that inflate the stock market, allow the rich to get richer, as the middle class get their hours and their benefits cut back.

You have NOTHING to brag about, nothing to feel superior over, you represent years of suffering, increased poverty and corrupt and criminal foreign policy disasters.

You represent an administration that defends a DOJ that blatantly committed perjury in front of a Congressional Committee. You represent the WORST President in American History.

All we need to do is let this disaster correct itself as Republicans regain control, and pull back the smoke screen that the Democrats are using to hide their failure.

I expect multiple criminal charges extended retroactively.

As republicans shutdown the government and dash to their limousines and golf courses to..."fight-the-good-fight"...democrats are giddy with this political gift.

No matter what statistics we see ...know this ....more Americans favor the democrats than this far-far-right wing lunatic fringe. Why republicans won in 2010 isn't because they grew their base ....it was because democrats stayed home ..plain and simple. And even where republicans won back then ...they often loss the popular vote but won because of rigged political map.

And we can verify this when we saw Obama won handily ...twice ...winning the popular vote and the election.

So democrats welcome this shutdown as a means to invigorate their base for 2014. And what will Republicans gain?

Dudes ....if you get madder at Obama ...you're vote will still only count as ..ONE VOTE!! :lamo

And you're never going to draw democrats or independents into your madness...again forget the polls ....let me repeat ..OBAMA HANDILY BEAT YOU GUYS.....TWICE!!

And the joke is ....Obama care still stand under a shutdown and your quest to punish the poor will be mixed as some programs will not be affected.

Democrats feared they wouldn't get another Sarah Palin to use as a symbol to bring out their supporters .....but with luck the Obama deranged right wing ...ensured that void is being filled.

Gee, thanks for the warning. But if you really believed it wouldn't it make more sense to keep quiet about it?

Democrats had to see this coming. In 2009 they passed the ACA with no Republican support at all, and then they lost the House in 2010. So what did they expect? They've held it off for this long, but the Republicans are not obligated to vote for funding of any particular program. If they see that it's not in the national interest they have no obligation to pass a bill funding Obamacare. They were elected and sent to Washington to stand for certain principles, and they are doing nothing wrong. They have the right under our system of laws to do this.

If Obama wants to bring the government to a standstill over this relatively minor modification of the ACA, then it's all on his head.

Are you kidding.. They did a street poll and asked people which they liked best--The ACA or Obamacare and they all said the ACA and hated Obamacare.. When the reporter told one woman that they were the same thing, the woman got indignant and said "no they are not". So much for the American people understanding any dam thing..That's why it is so easy for the conservatives to fool them...

Thanks for that show of contempt for ordinary American. It's so refreshing when people are honest about their attitudes.

Democrats had to see this coming. In 2009 they passed the ACA with no Republican support at all, and then they lost the House in 2010. So what did they expect? They've held it off for this long, but the Republicans are not obligated to vote for funding of any particular program. If they see that it's not in the national interest they have no obligation to pass a bill funding Obamacare. They were elected and sent to Washington to stand for certain principles, and they are doing nothing wrong. They have the right under our system of laws to do this.

If Obama wants to bring the government to a standstill over this relatively minor modification of the ACA, then it's all on his head.

The issue of raising the debt limit has nothing to do with whether or not ACA will be funded, so your post makes no sense.

The way it looks today, a 2014 bloodbath purging the GOP is in the cards. The funny thing is that if only they had played their cards slightly differently, they would have creamed the D's. But, then again, we should be used to that from the GOP.

If they were sane, they would have been able to unseat Obama in '12. Instead not only did they lose the presidency, they also lost two Red State Senate seats: MO and IN. Given the economy and current anti-Obama climate, that took real effort.

Last edited:

You realize the majority of Americans are not fans of the ACA?

There is an old saying in American politics. In America, about 45% will vote for ya and 45% will vote against ya no matter what you do. Everything is really decided by that moderate 10%. Those are the people whose opinion on Obamacare really matters.

WE didn't destroy the economy, you folks did, and the Americans who are stupid enough to believe your talking points are either too stupid to vote, or have already realized what a mistake electing a Jr Senator with a paper thin resume was.

I mean the first two years you folks had your way with the American economy, and the best you people could come up with was a desperately retarded "green jobs initiative" that abruptly fell on its face. Cost American tax payers HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS....

Yea, he won twice, and the middle class are suffering for it, as he and the Democrats lie their way through one disaster after another, lie their way through Congressional committee's. .

When? When will you get out of the echo chamber and back to reality? Let me say it again....we have heard this TRIPE BBBEEEFFFORRE!!
The American people are paying attention...they understand the mess Obama inherited but more importantly they see your deliberate efforts to prevent him from effectively fixing it....they see that dude!!
IT ISN'T WORKING!!! You people shutdown the government ....and then have the gall to claim....you care about other people's jobs??:roll:

As they enact policies that inflate the stock market, allow the rich to get richer, as the middle class get their hours and their benefits cut back.

You have NOTHING to brag about, nothing to feel superior over, you represent years of suffering, increased poverty and corrupt and criminal foreign policy disasters.

You represent an administration that defends a DOJ that blatantly committed perjury in front of a Congressional Committee. You represent the WORST President in American History.

Again ...this is "YOUR REALITY"....this fart is what Faux ..."fair and balance" is all about!! Right now ...right now if there was another election .....Obama hammer any rat you can find to put up against him!!

All we need to do is let this disaster correct itself as Republicans regain control, and pull back the smoke screen that the Democrats are using to hide their failure.

I expect multiple criminal charges extended retroactively

I couldn't say it any better than you ....if there's one thing you people are good at ...it's ...CREATING DISASTERS!! You created one in Iraq ...you destroyed the economy in the process ...and with what little power you have you're at it again with this shut down!!

I'll hammer you people all day ....the right wing plan to disrupt, and destroy the American economy ....just to blame Obama HAS NOT WORKED AFTER 5 YEARS.....and it ...WILL NOT WORK WHEN OBAMA EXITS!!

I wanted more from Obama .....but his shortfall in my view ...is all because we have a right wing party ...determined to prevent him righting the disaster he inherited from you people!!
You have no plans....you have no ideas ....all the fart you talk about JERBS...and JERB-CREATORS ....is just smoke to gain power and try to disrupt the president....and I keep telling you ....the American people fully understand this!!

and prior to this shutdown, the House sent the Senate. lets see 4 budget bills,
how many times did Reid bring them up ?

Both parties, and the President are responsible.
Do you know how many years we have been operating under a CR , i.e. no real budget.
its more than one.

Are you talking about the bills banning funding for the ACA, and then trying to delay it for a year? Are those the ones that you are talking about?

There is an old saying in American politics. In America, about 45% will vote for ya and 45% will vote against ya no matter what you do. Everything is really decided by that moderate 10%. Those are the people whose opinion on Obamacare really matters.

If the polls are to be believed, ever since the passage of Obamacare there has been 52-58% of Americans against it. The latest CNN poll puts it 57% against, 38% for. CBS has 51% against 39% for, FOX 54% against 35% for. The thing is ever since passage these numbers has been fairly constant. There is not 45-45 split and never had been any. Of course when the bill was first passed, 58% of Americans were against it.

It is numbers like these that make me wonder why the Republicans are trying to stop its full implementation. If the GOP was smart which apparently they are not. They would let the law become fully implemented and then reap the benefits come November of 2014.

Shutdowns in the past have had little to no effect on elections, and it won't this time as well.

If you know that by putting your hand in a fire, it's going to be burned--why would you continue to put your hand in the fire over and over again just to prove a point.....Obama and the Democrats are not going to allow millions of the uninsured to go another year with no insurance... If there are glitches then let's start fixing them now, not next year...

Thanks for that show of contempt for ordinary American. It's so refreshing when people are honest about their attitudes.

I certainly do have contempt for stupid people who are so basically uninformed and misinformed.. I'm glad that you feel "refreshed".

When? When will you get out of the
echo chamber and back to reality? Let me say it again....we have heard this TRIPE BBBEEEFFFORRE!!
The American people are paying attention...they understand the mess Obama inherited but more importantly they see your deliberate efforts to prevent him from effectively fixing it....they see that dude!!
IT ISN'T WORKING!!! You people shutdown the government ....and then have the gall to claim....you care about other people's jobs??:roll:

Again ...this is "YOUR REALITY"....this fart is what Faux ..."fair and balance" is all about!! Right now ...right now if there was another election .....Obama hammer any rat you can find to put up against him!!

I couldn't say it any better than you ....if there's one thing you people are good at ...it's ...CREATING DISASTERS!! You created one in Iraq ...you destroyed the economy in the process ...and with what little power you have you're at it again with this shut down!!

I'll hammer you people all day ....the right wing plan to disrupt, and destroy the American economy ....just to blame Obama HAS NOT WORKED AFTER 5 YEARS.....and it ...WILL NOT WORK WHEN OBAMA EXITS!!

I wanted more from Obama .....but his shortfall in my view ...is all because we have a right wing party ...determined to prevent him righting the disaster he inherited from you people!!
You have no plans....you have no ideas ....all the fart you talk about JERBS...and JERB-CREATORS ....is just smoke to gain power and try to disrupt the president....and I keep telling you ....the American people fully understand this!!

Lol !!

Nearly 5 years in , structural debt has increased by close to 7 TRILLION, poverty rates for American Adults is 1 in 6, for American children it's 1 in 5.

Millions of Americans have been introduced to chronic joblesness, as many more are having their hours and their benefits cut back.

YOU'RE responsible and the Politicians you elect and pimp here on a daily basis are responsible.

All you do is come in here and defend failure, and you're not above lying to do it.

You continuosly defend because your party and your President have ZERO accomplishments to their name.

NOTHING the Democrats have done have made things better for the average middle class American, and I think its time you owned this.

Failure. Its the Democrats middle name.

5 years in and Obama's house of cards economy is being held up with FED printing.

The only advantage you people have is the majority of your voters are too stupid to comprehend the damage your corrupt politicians have caused.

If the polls are to be believed, ever since the passage of Obamacare there has been 52-58% of Americans against it. The latest CNN poll puts it 57% against, 38% for. CBS has 51% against 39% for, FOX 54% against 35% for. The thing is ever since passage these numbers has been fairly constant. There is not 45-45 split and never had been any. Of course when the bill was first passed, 58% of Americans were against it.

It is numbers like these that make me wonder why the Republicans are trying to stop its full implementation. If the GOP was smart which apparently they are not. They would let the law become fully implemented and then reap the benefits come November of 2014.

They are doing what their constituents voted them in to do.

I'm somewhat surprised that full implementation will proceed, because this thing is a "trainwreck," according to one of the writers of same. Add in the many exemptions that large contributors and unions are receiving, while the rest of us have to follow the law, and you have a recipe for outrage and trouble that hasn't even started yet, IMO. :shock:

They are doing what their constituents voted them in to do.

I'm somewhat surprised that full implementation will proceed, because this thing is a "trainwreck," according to one of the writers of same. Add in the many exemptions that large contributors and unions are receiving, while the rest of us have to follow the law, and you have a recipe for outrage and trouble that hasn't even started yet, IMO. :shock:

Yet the Republican House...Well it is like they want to save the Democrats from the ire they have brought upon themselves. Washington is just plain crazy these days.

If you know that by putting your hand in a fire, it's going to be burned--why would you continue to put your hand in the fire over and over again just to prove a point.....Obama and the Democrats are not going to allow millions of the uninsured to go another year with no insurance... If there are glitches then let's start fixing them now, not next year...
at what coast are you willing to pay to make sure those millions to have insurance? are you willing for America go bankrupt in 20 years is that a cost your willing to pay? or how about the million that have and will be put on part time are you willing to pay that cost? or how about the million families that will see there insurance go up by 20% or more are you willing to pay that cost? or how about the poor health care and the long waits cause by dumping 10 of million into a system that doctors are leaving or going to refuse to participate in the exchange plans are you willing to pay that cost?

Yet the Republican House...Well it is like they want to save the Democrats from the ire they have brought upon themselves. Washington is just plain crazy these days.

You know what, Pero? I totally agree! I blamed Lucy and Ethel for a long time, since it seemed they were running DC. But I'm now going to admit that DC is crazy all by themselves...they don't need outside help! :lamo:

Are you talking about the bills banning funding for the ACA, and then trying to delay it for a year? Are those the ones that you are talking about?

You do realize Obama and the Dems have delayed parts of the ACA for a year dealing with small business implementation.
Why is that if the ACA is such a good thing? Maybe the whole bill should be looked at on what is good and fix what is not so good.
I tend to be suspect of any bill when a politician like Pelosi states "we got to pass it first to see whats in it?

My point. The govt has been operating under CR for more than a couple of years. Basically CR's is a way Congress and the President keeps the doors open without developing and approving a passed budget. that is no way to run the govt.

""We haven’t passed a budget in more than three years and not a single appropriations bill has been brought to the floor this year," U.S. Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn.," Saturday, September 22nd, 2012

The first was a timeline indicating that the last time the Democratic-led Senate passed a budget was on April 29, 2009. The other document was a status report on all 12 of the annual spending bills that provide funding for federal departments and agencies. According to that document, not one of the 12 spending bills has been considered by the full Senate this year.
PolitiFact Tennessee | Bob Corker says Senate has not passed a budget in more than three years

Why am I bringing up old statements? It shows what I was saying that both parties are the blame and are dysfunctional. The House and Senate have not been doing their job in defining and passing a true budget for years. The current tit for tat over ACA is just another example.

The bills I was referring to were budget bills prior to the ACA mess. The Senate has not done their job for years.

Back
Top Bottom