• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats really love their chances 2014 with a long protracted Government shutdown

Re: Democrats really love their chances 2014 with a long protracted Government shutdo

How do you explain the flip of the House in 2010 when the districts were the same as in 2006 and 2008? Districts have been gerrymandered for decades. It's nothing new, and your argument falls flat...

Republicans are MINORITIES!! The explanation for 2010 is simple ....democrats stated home ...and the minority won.

You cannot win elections without rigging the system with your "count the jellybeans" gimmicks...and you people know it.

If you're so confident let's get rid of the dumb electoral college system and go for a really fair "one-man-one-vote system"......you guys fart your pants at the thought of that system every-time.

Can't do that ...well why not centralize the election process ....let the federal government or some independent body govern so that casting a ballot in New York works the same way as casting a vote in Mississippi!! You'll squeal and howl at that thought ....we can buy a McDanolds or Wendy's hamburger in Mississippi that's made and tastes the same way as one made in New York...but centralize voting ...that's way too hard. :roll:

Re: Democrats really love their chances 2014 with a long protracted Government shutdo

Republicans are MINORITIES!! The explanation for 2010 is simple ....democrats stated home ...and the minority won.

You cannot win elections without rigging the system with your "count the jellybeans" gimmicks...and you people know it.

If you're so confident let's get rid of the dumb electoral college system and go for a really fair "one-man-one-vote system"......you guys fart your pants at the thought of that system every-time.

Can't do that ...well why not centralize the election process ....let the federal government or some independent body govern so that casting a ballot in New York works the same way as casting a vote in Mississippi!! You'll squeal and howl at that thought ....we can buy a McDanolds or Wendy's hamburger in Mississippi that's made and tastes the same way as one made in New York...but centralize voting ...that's way too hard. :roll:

If those opposed to the progressive movement were a minority, the House would be controlled by that movement...

LOL nice rewrite of history there. How stupid do you think we are? The Republicans won by shutting down the govt.? Quite the opposite

PH2011022405296.jpg

Fact Checker - Lessons from the great government shutdown of 1995-1996

hmmm,republicans got budget cuts and balanced budget like they demanded,and republicans gained seats and amajority for a while,how do you define losing<getting everything you want but a few things????

if thats the case you just explained the democrats mentality on negotions,anything short of 100% of what you want equals losing.face it in the end republicans gained support and got their balanced budget from that shutdown.

not one person...ever... has died from lack of access to affordable healthcare insurance.
it's not a lethal condition.

I think you will be very surprised when people still die after Obamacare really gets going.

You are very misinformed...people DO die from lack of regular medical care......

You are very misinformed...people DO die from lack of regular medical care......

you're trying to tell me lack of health insurance is a lethal medical condition and I'm misinformed? :lol:

you're trying to tell me lack of health insurance is a lethal medical condition and I'm misinformed? :lol:

No...he's not saying that ...and like I said before your comment is not wrong it's just plain dumb. And it's not news that those on the right are mis-informed people.:peace

I wonder if stupidity is curable?

If you had to ask that question, it's very telling...

If you had to ask that question, it's very telling...

Oh, do you suffer from that condition also? So sorry, I didn't know...:2wave:

No...he's not saying that ...and like I said before your comment is not wrong it's just plain dumb. And it's not news that those on the right are mis-informed people.:peace
I'm not the one saying people are dying BECAUSE OF lack of access to health insurance.... take it up with her.

sure it is...and it's easier to cure than that lethal disease called Lack of Access to Affordable Healthcare Insurance that somebody told me lots of people die because of. :lol:

this is what happens when you regurgitate party rhetoric.
somebody somewhere comes along and calls you on it.... you not knowing any different, get all butthurt and defend the false rhetoric.

you can crawl at the feet of Obama and the insurance corporations all you want...but be careful what rhetoric you regurgitate, some it it is bound to be false.

her quote ... "People die every day because they do not have access to affordable healthcare"

... that's EXACTLY what she is saying.

words have meanings.
if she means something different, there's a very easy remedy to all this.

..... use different words...words that actually convey her meaning accurately.

at what coast are you willing to pay to make sure those millions to have insurance? are you willing for America go bankrupt in 20 years is that a cost your willing to pay? or how about the million that have and will be put on part time are you willing to pay that cost? or how about the million families that will see there insurance go up by 20% or more are you willing to pay that cost? or how about the poor health care and the long waits cause by dumping 10 of million into a system that doctors are leaving or going to refuse to participate in the exchange plans are you willing to pay that cost?

Why would America go bankrupt doing what it is already doing? You don't realize that nearly 50% of all healthcare spending in the US is already done by government (all levels combined, including government employee insurance, VA, SCHIP, health department, medicare, medicade, and dozens of other government healthcare programs)? And how is requiring individuals to purchase insurance, and thus contribute to the cost of their own care, add to the total healthcare burden?

And you are assuming that somehow Obamacare will increase the cost of insurance at a rate faster than it has already been increasing. Thats not proven, and seeing how more individuals will assumably have insurance, and thus those who already pay for insurance will no longer be stuck with jacked up medical care pricing which is used to cover the cost of those who don't have insurance, I would seriously doubt that health insurance costs are going to continue to rise as fast as in the past. Just the fact that there is now a government option will force private insurance companies to compete harder for your business.

You are also making assumptions that "10s of millions" will be "dumped into a system that doctors are leaving" - are doctors really leaving the system of insured customers? Certainly doctors like to provide care to patients who have the means to pay for their care.

And what makes you think that waiting time will increase or that health care will become worse?

Seems to me that you are dreaming up the world that you expect to see based upon negative views, instead of looking at the likely reality or waiting to see what actually happens.
I'm not an Obamacare supporter, but considering that it is going to effect less than 2% of employers, and only 20% of individuals (and most who will be effected will be efin a positive way), I scarcely see how Obamacare is going to have devistating effects on anyone.

I have no idea if it is curable or not, but it seems to be high contagious with those on the far right.

her quote ... "People die every day because they do not have access to affordable healthcare"

... that's EXACTLY what she is saying.

words have meanings.
if she means something different, there's a very easy remedy to all this.

..... use different words...words that actually convey her meaning accurately.

OK, how's this---people die every day because they can't afford health insurance or high medical bills--so, they don't seek medical care...Many have conditions that could be cured if caught in time... Many die because their condition was never diagnosed or treated......This is true, even if you do not want to accept it...

OK, how's this---people die every day because they can't afford health insurance or high medical bills--so, they don't seek medical care...Many have conditions that could be cured if caught in time... Many die because their condition was never diagnosed or treated......This is true, even if you do not want to accept it...

The sad part is ...the people on the right are actually that "dense".

I think your time might be better spent ignoring them and ..."their logic".

I think that you are probably right...:doh

you're getting much closer... thanks.

"dense" equals a solid grasp of the English language and the proper utilization of words now huh?

interesting theory you have there..

it's really ok though.. we both know I'm right and you're wrong....simple partisanship won't allow you to admit it, but we know.

As republicans shutdown the government and dash to their limousines and golf courses to..."fight-the-good-fight"...democrats are giddy with this political gift.

No matter what statistics we see ...know this ....more Americans favor the democrats than this far-far-right wing lunatic fringe. Why republicans won in 2010 isn't because they grew their base ....it was because democrats stayed home ..plain and simple. And even where republicans won back then ...they often loss the popular vote but won because of rigged political map.

And we can verify this when we saw Obama won handily ...twice ...winning the popular vote and the election.

So democrats welcome this shutdown as a means to invigorate their base for 2014. And what will Republicans gain?

Dudes ....if you get madder at Obama ...you're vote will still only count as ..ONE VOTE!! :lamo

And you're never going to draw democrats or independents into your madness...again forget the polls ....let me repeat ..OBAMA HANDILY BEAT YOU GUYS.....TWICE!!

And the joke is ....Obama care still stand under a shutdown and your quest to punish the poor will be mixed as some programs will not be affected.

Democrats feared they wouldn't get another Sarah Palin to use as a symbol to bring out their supporters .....but with luck the Obama deranged right wing ...ensured that void is being filled.

I predict Democrats will keep the senate and win the house. 'Course who the **** am I to stand up against the Fox powerhouses who predicted Romney by a landslide

you're getting much closer... thanks.

Your welcome, but it didn't change the "point" one bit..

Back
Top Bottom