• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats are for border security

You mean from his campaigning before he was president? And Trump can't change his mind?

Even if I let him off the hook for the campaign trail, that doesn't explain his actions and words after Congress allocated 1.6 billion dollars already. Care to address that?

Oh, and by the way.....he still hasn't even spent all of THAT money.

Even if I let him off the hook for the campaign trail, that doesn't explain his actions and words after Congress allocated 1.6 billion dollars already. Care to address that?

Oh, and by the way.....he still hasn't even spent all of THAT money.

One point six billion to do what?

You mean from his campaigning before he was president? And Trump can't change his mind?

Calling Trump's mind bending switching "changing his mind" is generous at best. He is all over the map. His WH is all over the map. Neither Trump or they are EVER on the same page and in fact DonDon is not on the same page more than a few minutes at a time.

Trump just said "we need more legal immigration". Really DonDon....you should go talk to Steve Miller about that....and see if he can remind you what your Administration is actually trying to do. Maybe "we need more legal immigration" is something you just thought sounded impressive in the moment. Does Trump actually have a mind???

You really need to get your arguments to a credible point. You are not doing it. I read the article in the link you said and in it, it was stated that Nielsen and Pelosi have alternative facts but nowhere in the article were the numbers given where there was a disagreement. Meaning that as far as I am concerned, this does not prove that Pelosi is rejecting facts.

Why don't you do some research and find what numbers are being given by Nielsen and what numbers are being given by Pelosi and then corroborating information from an impartial 3rd party before you can even begin to prove your point.

Otherwise, you are just a Trump supporter that believes everything he and his people say and we all know how much of a liar he and his supporters normally are.

DHS has done dozen of these studies. So wtf is he saying?

If that is the case then this administration should be able to identify exactly where the wall is to be constructed and at what cost. To date that information has not been available from the administration

Hard to take someone serious who would have no chance of getting elected unless he lived in the gerrymandered majority minority district he represents. Clyburn's district, SC - 6, is one of many where 1 in 5 use food stamps. Perhaps he should spend more time worrying about the poor economic situation where he represents that playing politics because he hates Trump.
Not squandering $5.7 billion on a purposeless wall thereby Frees $5.7 billion for the social safety net. The South Carolina representative is doing a good job

not my issue i posted it go find it.
i am not posting the same thing a dozen times.

not playing the games anymore with you people.
that or you can do a simple google search for schumer filibusters budget bill.
in fact you have not posted such a cite
I have been reading every post, awaiting it
Methinks you are avoiding the embarrassment of being unable to offer information you insisted you could provide

For border security....and there wasn't even a stipulation on what that was spent on. Could have started the wall.....alas, he didn't. Again I ask......why not?

Trump didn't ask about building new fencing because he knows it isn't happening. He knows all the 'border security' proposals won't involve physically secure fencing.
And finally, he knows and I know that, once the undocumented sets foot in the US, people like you want to give all the rights and privileges of US citizens to undocumenteds.

Last edited:
If that is the case then this administration should be able to identify exactly where the wall is to be constructed and at what cost. To date that information has not been available from the administration

Do US budgets specify where the money is going...even remotely? You may have heard part of the military portion of the budget is for Afghanistan, for example, but where is the specificity like, so much of that budget is to go for coordinating with war lords in the region of Helmand province in Afghanistan?

So, why do you demand that be done for border fencing? How many fencing miles to go to Texas east of the Rio Grande??

Last edited:
in fact you have not posted such a cite
I have been reading every post, awaiting it
Methinks you are avoiding the embarrassment of being unable to offer information you insisted you could provide

Not at all i have posted it not my job if you can't find it.
in fact i have posted several links on it in different threads.
again no my issue. i gave you the google search.
the fact you refuse to educate yourself on the subject is your issue and no one else's.

Yes. Border security in the US is like an IUD. We try to kinda stop illegal immigration but once the illegal has 'impregnated' the US, we give them 'life' and free health care and free education and Social Security benefits.

Yep. That's the point. We need to stop these illegals from coming here in the first place because once they step foot on US soil they put up their arms, let themselves be arrested, and then we take care of them hook, line, and sinker. Democrats are for border security but, to them, that means putting more means in place to arrest more of these people once they are already here, which is totally useless. That's exactly what illegals want! Democratic ideas offer up absolutely nothing to stop these people from entering US territory. Then they've got the nerve to claim it is employers that encourage these people to come while Democrats offer up sanctuary cities, a sanctuary state, let illegals have driver's licenses, let them vote in local elections, and give them free healthcare along with other benefits.

What experts exactly? Seems to me that the experts would be those that actually patrol our border and interact with it every single day. And they say that walls work. Walls Work

Here is something you should read:

President Trump visited McAllen earlier this month to drum up support for spending $5.7 billion to build more border wall segments on the U.S.-Mexico border. He staged a press conference surrounded by piles of confiscated drugs, guns and cash, describing the situation at the border as “a national emergency.” With the government partially shut down over Trump’s funding dispute with Congress, the president is trying to prove that there’s a new, growing “crisis” on the border to pressure Democrats to cave. But law enforcement leaders in at least two border counties, including the sheriff who patrols McAllen, say the picture Trump is painting of the Texas borderlands is inaccurate.

Hidalgo County Sheriff J.E. “Eddie” Guerra, who is in charge of policing the largest and most populous county in the Rio Grande Valley, said that crime rates in his county are at record lows, and that illegal immigration has very little effect on the safety of residents. Meanwhile, Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson, who is responsible for policing the largest county in Texas, said he doesn’t support the construction of a wall along any part of the 192-mile stretch of border in Brewster County, which includes Big Bend National Park.

Because we’re on the border, the perception is that there’s murders every day and there’s shootings every day. Yet here in our county, we don’t have that going on. It’s very, very safe," Guerra told the Observer.

Here is something you should read:

President Trump visited McAllen earlier this month to drum up support for spending $5.7 billion to build more border wall segments on the U.S.-Mexico border. He staged a press conference surrounded by piles of confiscated drugs, guns and cash, describing the situation at the border as “a national emergency.” With the government partially shut down over Trump’s funding dispute with Congress, the president is trying to prove that there’s a new, growing “crisis” on the border to pressure Democrats to cave. But law enforcement leaders in at least two border counties, including the sheriff who patrols McAllen, say the picture Trump is painting of the Texas borderlands is inaccurate.

Hidalgo County Sheriff J.E. “Eddie” Guerra, who is in charge of policing the largest and most populous county in the Rio Grande Valley, said that crime rates in his county are at record lows, and that illegal immigration has very little effect on the safety of residents. Meanwhile, Brewster County Sheriff Ronny Dodson, who is responsible for policing the largest county in Texas, said he doesn’t support the construction of a wall along any part of the 192-mile stretch of border in Brewster County, which includes Big Bend National Park.

Because we’re on the border, the perception is that there’s murders every day and there’s shootings every day. Yet here in our county, we don’t have that going on. It’s very, very safe," Guerra told the Observer.

Already read about it and responded about it.

Link

Do US budgets specify where the money is going...even remotely? You may have heard part of the military portion of the budget is for Afghanistan, for example, but where is the specificity like, so much of that budget is to go for coordinating with war lords in the region of Helmand province in Afghanistan?

So, why do you demand that be done for border fencing? How many fencing miles to go to Texas east of the Rio Grande??

because to know how the government is going to spend the money, and what it is going to receive in return, is sound public policy

as a federal contracting officer, i did not solicit bids to just "build a wall". i was able to define what it was that needed to be built/supplied so that the contractor and the government were aligned in their expectations. i also developed a government estimate of cost to evaluate against the bids/offers tendered, to assess the reasonableness of the priced submission against the estimate

tRump has vacillated between concrete walls, slatted fencing, and undefined 'physical barriers'. yet his request for funding remains unchanged. i strongly suspect the funding needed is going to very much depend upon which barrier is to be furnished, over what time frame, and in what physical environment. actual plans would convey that information

you now advocate for a nebulous request and would likely later criticize the government for not spending its tax dollars efficiently. an imprecise expectation will yield an imprecise result

the fact you refuse to educate yourself on the subject is your issue and no one else's.

ludin insisted schumer filibustered the bill to keep the government operational. he did not
another member asked ludin for a cite showing the schumer filibuster
here is what ludin provided: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/21/tru...-shutdown-as-senate-votes-on-border-wall.html
i invite you to read his cite to see for yourself there is nothing within that article which describes a schumer filibuster
i followed up with ludin seeking the cite he insisted showed schumer had filibustered the spending bill
he insisted he had already provided it. he had not
here are all of ludin's posts within this thread. such a cite is not to be found:
Post 56:
Then there is a legal process to do that if they want to come here and work and make a better life that is legal and allows them to do it.

actually it is herion and other opioids. fentanyl is just the latest craze as it is cheaper.

The border patrol you know the people that actually work the job disagree with you. They say walls work very well compared to a piece of metal wire
strung across some land.

Actually this is the dem's shut down. schumer is the one that filibustered the bill back in december and refused to allow a vote on it.
that is what caused the shut down.

funny how libs can never rememer facts.
[emphasis added by bubba]

Post #62:
Why worry about the definition of words when they sound good in a 5 minute sound bit.
ransom, hostages.

they never used these before when obama had his government shut down. i wonder why that is?

Post #63:
In december the house republicans sent a funding bill to the senate to approve. right after midnight schumer and the democrats in the senate filibustered the bill.
this lead to the government shut down.

sorry you don't like facts but those are the facts no matter how much you want to ignore it.

Post #71:

Post #115:
I already posted it. took me 5 seconds to find it.

Post #140:
not my issue i posted it go find it.
i am not posting the same thing a dozen times.

not playing the games anymore with you people.
that or you can do a simple google search for schumer filibusters budget bill.

Post #161:
what is it about debate that causes some members to insist on remaining untruthful

Yep. That's the point. We need to stop these illegals from coming here in the first place because once they step foot on US soil they put up their arms, let themselves be arrested, and then we take care of them hook, line, and sinker. Democrats are for border security but, to them, that means putting more means in place to arrest more of these people once they are already here, which is totally useless. That's exactly what illegals want! Democratic ideas offer up absolutely nothing to stop these people from entering US territory. Then they've got the nerve to claim it is employers that encourage these people to come while Democrats offer up sanctuary cities, a sanctuary state, let illegals have driver's licenses, let them vote in local elections, and give them free healthcare along with other benefits.

It is quite clear our government has no intention of enforcing our laws when it comes to people entering our country illegally or overstaying their visa. Well other than Trump. If I were Trump I would take a large coffee can put a label around it saying border security set out on the road in front of the white house and kick it down the road and tell congress it is their turn again.

Back
Top Bottom