• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debunking the 7 Myths Regarding the Bible

So once again, YOU QUOTE A BLOG rather than an academic source?

Why can’t you debate honestly? Why is lying tactic number one for you? Why do you continue to lie saying you have a science education when you constantly use logical fallacies that fly in the face of basic scientific knowledge and continue to refuse to use academic sources?

Sorry, I don't have any more time for your amateur, incendiary, dilettante nonsense.

Sorry, I don't have any more time for your amateur, incendiary, dilettante nonsense.

Should forum have time for your mindless, unscientific, fundamentalist bigotry?

Bart Ehrman has exposed popular lies/doctrines of false teachers, such as the trinity and hellfire, but upon learning the truth of the Scriptures, it had the opposite effect on him...instead of opening his eyes and drawing him closer to Christ, his knowledge merely blinded him even more and pushed him farther away from Christ...strange and a pity...
Ehrman's claim that the Trinity is a false doctrine was just one more of his lies.

5cd4524e49353da8a94feac47f19ef9e.jpg

Maybe you should go back and read the link I gave you in the previous post...when considering Solomon's words, and Jesus' words, in the context explained, they do jive...and frankly I don't care what others think/say...i care about the truth of God's Word...
I directly addressed that already, please pay attention. You made the leap of "cutting off from God" to "cutting off from life". I was clear in pointing that out.

Notice I don't have to "interpret" or equivocate about the alleged words of Jesus to make my point. You do.

Notice I don't have to "interpret" or equivocate about the alleged words of Jesus to make my point.
No, but you do have to be in harmony with all scriptures to reach the truth or otherwise you end up with lies like hellfire...

No, but you do have to be in harmony with all scriptures to reach the truth....
That^ is a rather odd post coming regarding "harmony" considering you have previously stated "atheism dehumanizes people" - then recently started a thread with a scientific link that claims "Atheism is scientifically impossible because of the way humans think." Clearly the two claims are in direct conflict with each other. Please explain the disconnect/contradiction. Thanks -

Last edited:
Read about the ending of Slavery in England.

As usual you demonstrate your own hypocrisy. There are so many more evil deeds of abuse, rape and murder of children in secular care. When a Priest is suspect, it is so easy to assume that he is acting in GOD's behalf. When an atheist commits a crime, I'm very sure his beliefs are not a matter for public record --- only the crime.

I don't believe so --- especially when the kid throws a ball through one's window or damages one's car. Human nature is a funny thing. I believe Christianity is more consistent.
It is the more ridiculous assumption among christians that their morality comes from a book rather than from there own selves.

I bet you she won't be able to explain what she's on about.
She's most likely just fished that phrase "circular logic" from some idiotic atheist site - regurgitating it.

But, then again...............................maybe I'm wrong.
There's one way to find out.

Uh - can you explain in details what's circular about the logic?
Claiming the bible is true because you believe that the bible says that it is true is prototypical circular logic. It is hilarious when believers post bible quotes to claim to support their beliefs. The Bible is a book of religious beliefs and is not in any way objectively true or factual. The fact that you believe it to be true does not mean that it is actually true and factual. That is why you have religious beliefs and faith instead of objective facts. That lack of proof is also why I am a secular humanist.

Circular-reasoning.jpg

Educating Lisa -

The Gospels / New Testament are not circular logic / reasoning. In fact, they weren't even "the Bible" in the first century. What they were, were some two dozen individual manuscripts, written by mostly different authors at different times in different locales. As such, those manuscripts constitute MULTIPLE INDEPENDENT REPORTS OR CONFIRMATIONS for the life of Christ, etc. So, the "circular reasoning" claim is not only sophomoric, but disingenuous as well.
There is not a single piece of evidence from someone who actually met Jesus or was alive at the time of Jesus. It's all hearsay and second claims. The idea of a rising and dying savior born of a virgin birth in December is a very old religious concept. jesus is just the latest rendition of this idea.

Theistic religious belief is a test of logic that believers fail.

It is hilarious when believers post bible quotes to claim to support their beliefs. The Bible is a book of religious beliefs and is not in any way objectively true or factual. The fact that you believe it to be true does not mean that it is actually true and factual. That is why you have religious beliefs and faith instead of objective facts. That lack of proof is also why I am a secular humanist.

Circular-reasoning.jpg

There is not a single piece of evidence from someone who actually met Jesus or was alive at the time of Jesus. It's all hearsay and second claims. The idea of a rising and dying savior born of a virgin birth in December is a very old religious concept. jesus is just the latest rendition of this idea.

Theistic religious belief is a test of logic that believers fail.

That's not the whole logic, though.
Yeah - the Bible is true because it is the inerrant Word of God.
But - there are supporting evidence OUTSIDE the Bible that support that claim that the Bible is the Word of God.

Therefore - it's not circular.
What's hilarious is........................... your argument is based on ignorance, and you seriously think you'd scored a big one! 😁

Before you make a funny claim - answer the question (THAT NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO)!
They'd all claimed basically the same thing you say - but they're the ones who'd promptly disappeared when asked this question:

Refer to the list:

Post #757

How did the Bible get to give many information - information that only the Creator would know - that ended up being reaffirmed by science thousands of years later -
and thanks to modern technology?

That's just ONE EVIDENCE, btw.

Last edited:
But - there are supporting evidence OUTSIDE the Bible that support that claim that the Bible is the Word of God.

What's hilarious is........................... your argument is based on ignorance, and you seriously think you'd scored a big one! 😁

Before you make a funny claim - answer the question (THAT NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO)!
They'd all claim basically the same thing you say - but they're the ones who;d promptly disappeared when asked this question:

Refer to the list:

Post #757

How did the Bible get to give many information - information that only the Creator would know - that ended up being reaffirmed by science thousands of years later -
and thanks to modern technology?

All written books are the product of human beings. No gods have ever authored anything. Some claim that gods have inspired things, which cannot be verified from the words themselves.

It didn't fall out of the sky already written and was discovered in final form on Mt Siani, which would be necessary if it was written by your god.

It isn't the word of god because it was written and edited many times by fallible sinful man, mostly for political purposes of control. You want to believe that it is the word of god and have faith that it is the word of god but it is not objectively the word of god and cannot be proven true or factual. The Old Testament is plagiarized from many previous religions of the middle east. Jesus as the god-human did not exist. It is very likely the embellished story of a radical itinerant rabbi who was embellished with the myths of a rising and dying savior in the 2-3rd century CE. Logically the bible, any of the 10 different versions, verges on being a comedy of errors.

All written books are the product of human beings. No gods have ever authored anything. Some claim that gods have inspired things, which cannot be verified from the words themselves.

:rolleyes:

Yeah - it's human beings who wrote them. THOUSANDS OF YEARS before modern science!
That's the point!

How did these human beings get so many things bang-on?

ANSWER THE QUESTION!

Yeah - it's human beings who wrote them. THOUSANDS OF YEARS before modern science!
That's the point!

ANSWER THE QUESTION!
The vast majority of it is very wrong to be laughably wrong. Heliocentrism, biology, resurrection, the flood,......?

It didn't fall out of the sky already written and was discovered in final form on Mt Siani, which would be necessary if it was written by your god.

It should've fallen out of the sky already written...........

Hahahahahaha..................and fall on someone's head! A heavy bible can give you a serious boo-boo if it falls on your head! 🤣
Hahahahaha - so you know how God(s) work, eh? hahahahaha

I suppose...................... you had seen a god do his thing - that's how you know?

It isn't the word of god because it was written and edited many times by fallible sinful man, mostly for political purposes of control. You want to believe that it is the word of god and have faith that it is the word of god but it is not objectively the word of god and cannot be proven true or factual. The Old Testament is plagiarized from many previous religions of the middle east. Jesus as the god-human did not exist. It is very likely the embellished story of a radical itinerant rabbi who was embellished with the myths of a rising and dying savior in the 2-3rd century CE. Logically the bible, any of the 10 different versions, verges on being a comedy of errors.

ANSWER THE QUESTION.

If you can't answer it - you don't have the credibility to be making claims ..............................................you can't uphold.

Last edited:

That's the point!

ANSWER THE QUESTION!

They didn't get any actual science bang on. Your claim has zero biblical basis and you are reading into things to try to prove your belief using science. They were human beings and observed physical reality and made up a mythological creation story based on their own observations of their physical environment. They did not get any science right at all.

It should've fallen out of the sky already written...........

Hahahahahaha..................and fall on someone's head! A heavy bible can give you a serious boo-boo if it falls on your head! 🤣
Hahahahaha - so you know how God(s) work, eh? hahahahaha

I suppose...................... you had seen a god do his thing - that's how you know?

ANSWER THE QUESTION.

If you can't answer it - you don't have the credibility to be making claims ..............................................you can't uphold.
There is no evidence of any god, so "he can't be seen doing his thing" That would be a delusion if it happened.

I have a bible but I keep it sequestered on a bookshelf between the writings of Thomas Paine and Bertrand Russell. Poison and the antidote.

It is the more ridiculous assumption among christians that their morality comes from a book rather than from there own selves.

Actually we believe morals come from God, as defined in his word.

What's ridiculous is perhaps a billion secularists running around, each with their own set of morals (or immorality).

"If the moral law is merely subjective, then no one can declare the actions of another to be wrong. If the moral law is produced by nations, then no nation can condemn the actions of another nation. The moral law could not even be the product of world consensus. The world consensus of the twentieth century could not condemn the slavery of the nineteenth, first, or any other century since world consensus favored the practice of slavery during those times."

"The moral judgments of men do not make sense unless the moral law stands above all individuals, all nations, and any supposed consensus of the world. The moral law is universal; it applies to all mankind. The moral law is also eternal; it does not change with time. Therefore, there must exist an eternal moral Lawgiver who stands above all men. Prescriptive laws only come from lawgivers." - Truthbomb Apologetics

How can morals be from god when he doesnt not objectively exist? You have written about your own morality and instead attributed it to god to give it some semblance of authority because until you can objectively prove that god exists he cannot have any sort of morality.
What's ridiculous is perhaps a billion secularists running around, each with their own set of morals (or immorality).

All morality is subjective. They vary between people, regions, and societies. You just prefer your subjective religious morality to that of others.
"If the moral law is merely subjective, then no one can declare the actions of another to be wrong. If the moral law is produced by nations, then no nation can condemn the actions of another nation. The moral law could not even be the product of world consensus. The world consensus of the twentieth century could not condemn the slavery of the nineteenth, first, or any other century since world consensus favored the practice of slavery during those times."

"The moral judgments of men do not make sense unless the moral law stands above all individuals, all nations, and any supposed consensus of the world. The moral law is universal; it applies to all mankind. The moral law is also eternal; it does not change with time. Therefore, there must exist an eternal moral Lawgiver who stands above all men. Prescriptive laws only come from lawgivers." - Truthbomb Apologetics

That is why your source is called apologetics and not objective fact.

Which is nonsense you tell yourselves, as your morality chiefly comes from the genetic accident that was your time and place of birth and where you lived after.

Which is nonsense you tell yourselves, as your morality chiefly comes from the genetic accident that was your time and place of birth and where you lived after.
Which is the nonsense you tell yourself.

Back
Top Bottom