• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debunking the 7 Myths Regarding the Bible

What does it really matter? Broad is the way that leads to destruction and many travel that route...
Well, it matters in this case in that no reputable scientists will make a claim as poorly supported as "the Universe, and all it's contents are only 6000 years old".

Tell me as well,
Which group of scientists is most likely to change their theories based on new evidence, and improved scientific knowledge?

Well, it matters in this case in that no reputable scientists will make a claim as poorly supported as "the Universe, and all it's contents are only 6000 years old".

Tell me as well,
Which group of scientists is most likely to change their theories based on new evidence, and improved scientific knowledge?
No reputable scientist believes that GOD doesn't exist.

Last edited:
No reputable scientist believes that GOD doesn't exist.

Are you suggesting that:

1) no "true god-believing" scientist would think the Earth, and the Universe, are more than 6000 years old?
2) no atheist scientist would accept scientific data that suggests the Universe is only 6000 years old if such data actually existed?

Are you suggesting that:

1) no "true god-believing" scientist would think the Earth, and the Universe, are more than 6000 years old?
2) no atheist scientist would accept scientific data that suggests the Universe is only 6000 years old if such data actually existed?
I would suggest that no atheist scientist would ever accept an earth and Universe dated to 6000 years no matter how much proof was discovered in full support.

I do believe that some Christians have been and are coerced into accept the "educated" secular conclusion or not graduate or be labeled.

I would suggest that no atheist scientist would ever accept an earth and Universe dated to 6000 years no matter how much proof was discovered in full support.
Because the first step is providing/supplying the proof. The bible is not proof of anything. So until then, you are speculating based on a fable from a book.

I do believe that some Christians have been and are coerced into accept the "educated" secular conclusion or not graduate or be labeled.

Utter hogwash that you can not ever prove.

If a scientist can provide scientifically tested proof of something that changes science in ways most think is impossible, that scientist would win Nobel Prizes, and be as famous or more famous than Einstein and Newton combined.

So stop it.

Utter hogwash that you can not ever prove.

If a scientist can provide scientifically tested proof of something that changes science in ways most think is impossible, that scientist would win Nobel Prizes, and be as famous or more famous than Einstein and Newton combined.

So stop it.
I don't see you patting any Creationists on the back regarding their literature and their videos or their websites. The FACT is that you want NOTHING to do with any of them. And that is exactly what Creation Scientists face on a daily basis. So it isn't hogwash, and I will not stop it until the day I leave this sick world. I don't see proof of evolutionists making new species that are entire unrelated to the parent species. I don't see proof of evolutionists and abiogenists working together making biological life out of minerals, water, and electricity... Those that want absolute proof need to provide it!

Last edited:
I don't see you patting any Creationists on the back regarding their literature and their videos or their websites. The FACT is that you want NOTHING to do with any of them. And that is exactly what Creation Scientists face on a daily basis. So it isn't hogwash, and I will not stop it until the day I leave this sick world. I don't see proof of evolutionists making new species that are entire unrelated to the parent species. I don't see proof of evolutionists and abiogenists working together making biological life out of minerals, water, and electricity... Those that want absolute proof need to provide it!

Creationism is not science, it is a religious belief.

500 people witnessed JESUS' assentation. JESUS was all over Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria. 2000 years ago there were few questions that JESUS existed. As we move towards now, there are those who simply will not accept any record whatsoever --- short of JESUS showing up on there doorstep. And even back then with JESUS there ---- there were those who rejected HIM ---- even with all the miracles.

Psalm 104:2
The LORD wraps himself in light as with a garment; he stretches out the heavens like a tent
And what's your source for the 500 witnesses? I know that there's Paul's letters but are there any sources outside of the Bible?

Carl Sagan unfortunately apparently died an atheist. I feel evolution (the kind that is supposed to have produced all the species that exist is an extraordinary claim that has never been proven as absolute fact.

Here is the oddball thing. The Bible writers, without seemingly knowing anything with regard to a speed of light etc., actually solved that problem (or actually GOD took care to the problem. GOD created the light FIRST before GOD created the source of that light. So the light technically was already in a state of arrival. Light was created in the first day and then GOD created the source of light on the fourth day. Another shocker is that in the Bible, thousands of years ago GOD indicates that HE is stretching out the heavens ---- an ongoing process of stretching. How would anyone thousands of years ago even realize that those lights in the sky are moving out. Kids that are not exposed to the Bible are simply missing out on absolute wonder of it all.
If you're going to say the Bible to say that it describes the expansion of the universe, how do you explain the part in Genesis in which the sky is made up of water? As you might know, the sky is not blue because it is made out of water. In fact, there's rarely any hydrogen in the atmosphere, so H₂O doesn't really make up a substantial part of the sky. In fact, the sky is mostly nitrogen. The reason it's blue is because sunlight gets scattered. Since blue has the shortest wavelength, it gets scattered the most.

Nothing has been debunked. Just saying.

Sorry, but we now know (unlike Darwin) that even the seemingly most simple organism isn't simple at all. The DNA is not simple. At some point the atheistic scientist pushing abiogenesis must conclude that there's a complex issue and not some simple answer outside of GOD that they do not desire to promote --- and would rather bury...
I literally described how a bottom up system can create complex things. But if you're not convinced, consider this - the first life on earth emerged 3.85 billion years ago. It took another billion years for the first eukaryotic life to emerge. It was only 600 million years ago that multicellular life emerged. What I'm trying to say is that there was no shortage of time for the complex structures required for complex life to evolve.

What you are concluding lacks several logical consideration. All humankind that exists to day came from three couples (the 3 sons and their 3 wives of Noah). So technically all the canine kind could be the decedents of a pair of wolves. The same could be just as true of the cat kind. It can be presumed that many animals may have simply hibernated through much of the Flood. We know (because the Bible says so) that some animals were taken upon the ark in 7's and some were taken only as single couples. There is simply too much specific information provided for this recorded event to have been the brainchild of a shepherd wondering around.
I find it funny that in order for the account of the flood to hold water (no pun intended), evolution actually has to happen faster than in the mainstream evolutionary account. Furthermore, you haven't addressed how the animals ate considering that all plant life died.

And what's your source for the 500 witnesses? I know that there's Paul's letters but are there any sources outside of the Bible?
Nothing at all wrong with the Bible. It is a very honest group of books. As much if not more acceptable than many historical ancient writings. It has been proven accurate over and over.
If you're going to say the Bible to say that it describes the expansion of the universe, how do you explain the part in Genesis in which the sky is made up of water? As you might know, the sky is not blue because it is made out of water. In fact, there's rarely any hydrogen in the atmosphere, so H₂O doesn't really make up a substantial part of the sky. In fact, the sky is mostly nitrogen. The reason it's blue is because sunlight gets scattered. Since blue has the shortest wavelength, it gets scattered the most.
The Clouds have water. It wouldn't rain if there was no H₂O in the sky, places like Florida wouldn't end up with 20 inches of rain in less than 48 hours in some areas.

I literally described how a bottom up system can create complex things. But if you're not convinced, consider this - the first life on earth emerged 3.85 billion years ago. It took another billion years for the first eukaryotic life to emerge. It was only 600 million years ago that multicellular life emerged. What I'm trying to say is that there was no shortage of time for the complex structures required for complex life to evolve.
And how did your bottom start? You toss away GOD and replace HIM with TIME.

Back
Top Bottom