• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Debunking the 7 Myths Regarding the Bible

LittleNipper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I am providing an opportunity for everyone to view these videos to get a very honest understanding as to why the Bible is both true and the Word of GOD. If you are not interested please don't watch these ----- just go about your business and let eternity take its course. I don't need to debate what already has been run through the mill. This is just a consolidated grouping for Christians to review and ponder. Atheists need not view. https://genesisapologetics.com/seve..._Cn5nCzBj35EgHSjkpaEpZfd052Fgc9IaApNnEALw_wcB

I am providing an opportunity for everyone to view these videos to get a very honest understanding as to why the Bible is both true and the Word of GOD. If you are not interested please don't watch these ----- just go about your business and let eternity take its course. I don't need to debate what already has been run through the mill. This is just a consolidated grouping for Christians to review and ponder. Atheists need not view. https://genesisapologetics.com/seve..._Cn5nCzBj35EgHSjkpaEpZfd052Fgc9IaApNnEALw_wcB
Nice. 'Christians' excluding people...for 2200 years and counting.

First error: The Bible is not the only way to understand the world or God.

1) There’s only 7?
2) No atheists? Are you scared to discuss?
3) Of the 7, which one do you think is debunked the best?

Bland bullshit.

To propose a list reveals nothing. You must know and understand what you are debunking, the era, customs of the time, geography etc.

1. There is absolutely NO archeological evidence of the "Israelites" ever have been in Egypt in great numbers.
2. Much of the bible is intended as entertainment, not the word of God. There is poetry, psalms, tales of great wars (a **** of a lot of that) and fiction! Yes, fiction. Scholars now believe the Fish story is designed to both entertain and teach children during the times of wandering in the dessert in search of a "promised land". Being swallowed by a big fish for three days is the era's "Star Wars" of the day. There was never a Noah nor a wooden boat over 300'
3. There was no Eden, Adam & Eve, nor a snake. It is a fable which became a religious way of keeping women as slaves, so evil they can be tempted by a Freudian image!
4. Where do black people come from? The bible depicts white people. Which of Adam's sons was black? Asian? Anyone? All of the above for a win?
5. Homosexuality has been practiced openly for centuries and was an open practice in Jesus time (Grecian urns depict older men groping the testicles of a young man)...yet Jesus in 3 years of daily ministry NEVER mentioned it. In fact there is NO direct reference to male on male sex in the entire bible, while there many tales on incest & rape.

The Bible is a collection of historical writings of band of tribes who believed they were special in the world they called themselves "the chosen people"

Bland bullshit.

To propose a list reveals nothing. You must know and understand what you are debunking, the era, customs of the time, geography etc.

1. There is absolutely NO archeological evidence of the "Israelites" ever have been in Egypt in great numbers.
2. Much of the bible is intended as entertainment, not the word of God. There is poetry, psalms, tales of great wars (a **** of a lot of that) and fiction! Yes, fiction. Scholars now believe the Fish story is designed to both entertain and teach children during the times of wandering in the dessert in search of a "promised land". Being swallowed by a big fish for three days is the era's "Star Wars" of the day. There was never a Noah nor a wooden boat over 300'
3. There was no Eden, Adam & Eve, nor a snake. It is a fable which became a religious way of keeping women as slaves, so evil they can be tempted by a Freudian image!
4. Where do black people come from? The bible depicts white people. Which of Adam's sons was black? Asian? Anyone? All of the above for a win?
5. Homosexuality has been practiced openly for centuries and was an open practice in Jesus time (Grecian urns depict older men groping the testicles of a young man)...yet Jesus in 3 years of daily ministry NEVER mentioned it. In fact there is NO direct reference to male on male sex in the entire bible, while there many tales on incest & rape.

The Bible is a collection of historical writings of band of tribes who believed they were special in the world they called themselves "the chosen people"
Don’t forget to add to all that, @LittleNipper is a young-earther.

He believes not only the Earth, but the entire Universe as we know it, is only 6000 years old.

He believes not only the Earth, but the entire Universe as we know it, is only 6000 years old.

That's crazy.

Everyone knows the earth was created for Trump when he was born!

Pick one point and summarize it in your own words, in detail

What he wants here is for people to mock him and to basically destroy every silly thing he says. It's his way of feeding his little christ-like complex and his little victim complex. In this way he bolsters his own faith. Which really just shows how shaky his faith is.

• Myth 7: “Dinosaurs died out millions of years ago, did not walk with man, and are not mentioned in the Bible.”
Sorry, this one is not a myth...

From the link the OP posted (thanks to @Elora )

According to biblical history, however, dinosaurs were intentionally designed by God, each made to reproduce after its own kind, and were spontaneously placed on Earth just thousands of years ago.

Jumpin Jesus on burnt whole-grained toast… this is scary stuff folks.

This from the article...

6. The book of Job describes two dinosaur-like creatures: Leviathan and Behemoth. Behemoth is given the title of God’s “chief” or “first in rank” over all God’s creative works (Job 40:19). A plain interpretation of the 13 characteristics that describe this animal match a sauropod dinosaur that was “made along with” man (verse 40:15).

Not true...

BEHEMOTH(Be·heʹmoth).
The designation “Behemoth,” appearing at Job 40:15, has been variously viewed as (1) a derivative of an Egyptian word for “water ox,” (2) a word possibly of Assyrian origin meaning “monster,” and (3) an intensified plural of the Hebrew word behe·mahʹ (beast; domestic animal) that is understood to denote “great beast” or “huge beast.” In the Greek Septuagint the word the·riʹa (wild beasts) translates the Hebrew behe·mohthʹ. Evidently, though, a single animal is meant, as is indicated by the fact that the description given of Behemoth is not that of several creatures but of only one, generally considered to be the hippopotamus (Hippopotamus amphibius). In fact, a number of Bible translations (AT, La, Ro, NW, JB, RS) use the word “hippopotamus” in the main text or in footnotes to identify the creature referred to by God.

• Behemoth
    Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 1
    • The description in the 40th chapter of the book of Job offers a vivid word picture of this huge mammal, Behemoth. It is described as being herbivorous. (Vs 15) The sources of its tremendous power and energy are noted to be in the hips and in the tendons of its belly, that is, the muscles of its back and those of its belly. (Vs 16) The tail of Behemoth is like a cedar. Since the tail of a hippopotamus is fairly short, measuring about 46 to 51 cm (18 to 20 in.), this is likely to be understood as meaning that the animal can set its thick tail rigidly upright or swing it about like a tree. “The sinews of its thighs are interwoven,” so that the fiber and tendons of muscles of its thighs are twisted together and braided like powerful cables. (Vs 17) The bones of its legs are as strong as “tubes of copper,” thus being able to support the great weight of the body. The bones and ribs are like wrought-iron rods. (Vs 18) The Behemoth’s immense consumption of food is alluded to (vs 20), and mention is made of its relaxing under the thorny lotus trees or concealing itself in a swampy place, beneath the shade of the poplars. (Vss 21, 22) Even when a river overflows its banks, this creature does not panic, for it can still keep its head above the level of water and swim against the force of the deluge. (Vs 23) Jehovah asked Job: ‘Since Behemoth is so mighty and formidably equipped, would a man have the hardihood to try to confront it before its eyes and try to pierce its nose with a hook?’—Vs 24.
    • https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/pc/r1/lp-e/1204407/994/0

LEVIATHAN

[Heb., liw·ya·thanʹ].

This Hebrew word occurs six times in the Bible. It is believed to come from a root word meaning “wreath”; hence the name indicates something that is “wreathed,” or “gathered into folds.” The word is transliterated in most Bible translations.

Since, with the exception of Job 3:8, the references mention water in connection with it, Leviathan appears to signify some form of aquatic creature of great proportions and strength, although not necessarily of one specific kind. Psalm 104:25, 26 describes it as cavorting in the sea where ships travel, and for this reason many suggest that the term here applies to some type of whale. Though whales are rare in the Mediterranean, they are not unknown there, and parts of two whale skeletons can be found in a museum at Beirut in Lebanon. An American Translation here says “crocodile” instead of Leviathan. Additionally, the word “sea” (yam) by itself is not determinative inasmuch as in Hebrew it can refer to a large inland body of water such as the Sea of Galilee (Sea of Chinnereth) (Nu 34:11; Jos 12:3), or even to the river Nile (Isa 19:5) or the Euphrates.—Jer 51:36.

The description of “Leviathan” at Job 41:1-34 aptly fits the crocodile, and the “sea” of verse 31 may refer to a river such as the Nile or another body of fresh water. It should be noted, however, that some crocodiles, as the Nile crocodiles (Crocodylus niloticus), are found along the seacoast and at times go out into the sea some distance from land.

Psalm 74 describes God’s record of salvation for his people, and verses 13 and 14 refer symbolically to his deliverance of Israel from Egypt. Here the term “sea monsters [Heb., than·ni·nimʹ, plural of tan·ninʹ]” is used as a parallel expression to “Leviathan,” and the crushing of the heads of Leviathan may well refer to the crushing defeat administered to Pharaoh and his army at the time of the Exodus. The Aramaic Targums here give “the strong ones of Pharaoh” in place of “the heads of Leviathan.” (Compare Eze 29:3-5, where Pharaoh is likened to a “great sea monster” in the midst of the Nile canals; also Eze 32:2.) Isaiah 27:1 apparently employs Leviathan (LXX, “the dragon”) as a symbol of an empire, an organization that is international in scope and that is dominated by one who himself is referred to as “serpent” and “dragon.” (Re 12:9) The prophecy is one of restoration for Israel, and therefore Jehovah’s ‘turning attention’ to Leviathan must include Babylon. However, verses 12 and 13 consider Assyria and Egypt as well. So, Leviathan here evidently refers to an international organization or empire that is in opposition to Jehovah and his worshipers.
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002728

Pick one point and summarize it in your own words, in detail
That would be an entire waste of my time where YOU are concerned. Watch the videos and summarize it in your on detailed words. And if you're not interested ---- just go away and live as you please.

Yes, well I believe in GOD and not Carl Sagan --- but he's DEAD --- as DEAD as a doornail. And my GOD can do what HE wishes in as short a time as HE wants.

Bland bullshit.

They were also are called JEWS, and I bet you hate them. And you believe the Black folk are our ancestors and the whites advanced a 100,000 years ago per Darwin. I happen to believe that lighter skinned ancestors moved northward and darker skinned ancestors moved southward. And after a while of breeding among their tribes --- they became a hybrid. It only took the last 200 years or so for most of the dog breeds we have today. A proof of the interbreeding is that Sycle cell anemia is much more prevalent among blacks than whites.

Last edited:
Yes, well I believe in GOD and not Carl Sagan --- but he's DEAD --- as DEAD as a doornail. And my GOD can do what HE wishes in as short a time as HE wants.
Replace the word “God” in your quote with the words “Magic Leprechaun“.
Now, read it out loud.
That’s what your original quote sounds like to the vast majority of humanity over the age of 5.

You are free to believe whatever you want, but when you go public with it you should know you sound like a complete moron.

How dead is a doornail exactly? How did doornails become a unit of deathliness? Are there other degrees of being dead?

That would be an entire waste of my time where YOU are concerned.
I am not the only persn here,and your weak excuse is not going to fly and is not going to convince anyone you "totally could, but just don't feel like it." You just can't. You don't read your own links or watch your own videos.

Back
Top Bottom