• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Deb lafave - No jail time

easyt65

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Double-standard?

Deb Lefave did a MALE high school student and gets no time in jail, no probation (from what I hear).

I read another story where a male teached sleeps with a female high school student, and he has been sentenced to something like 15 years! :shock:

Where's the justice? Is Stautory Rape JUST for male Teacher-Female Student incidents?

I am not talking about how the male kid is a hero to his buddies, here guys! I am talking the U.S. legal system and the rules that are supposed to be in-placce to protect under-aged kids from sexual predators like this male teacher AND Deb Lafave!
 

XShipRider

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Private
One would think the prosecutor could have proven the case without the
teenager's testimony, something which certainly would have been pursued
if the genders were reversed.

And what about her lifetime label of "sexual predator?" How about her
lifetime registration as a sex offender?

As you said, reversing the genders would have had the feminists
frothing at the mouth to persecute and prosecute a man.

The double standard speaks for itself.
 

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,954
Reaction score
16,568
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
easyt65 said:
Double-standard?

Deb Lefave did a MALE high school student and gets no time in jail, no probation (from what I hear).

I read another story where a male teached sleeps with a female high school student, and he has been sentenced to something like 15 years! :shock:

Where's the justice? Is Stautory Rape JUST for male Teacher-Female Student incidents?

I am not talking about how the male kid is a hero to his buddies, here guys! I am talking the U.S. legal system and the rules that are supposed to be in-placce to protect under-aged kids from sexual predators like this male teacher AND Deb Lafave!

I will proably be the first to say that 14 year old kid is proably the envy of all his peers and men around the world.Hell the prosecutor proably did not the kid on the stand becuase most likely the kid's excessive bragging proably would have hurt his case.

Who wouldn't want to **** this when they were 14?
0920laf.jpg


I wonder how in the hell could thye dropped the charges?
http://www.dumbassdaily.com/

DumbassDaily Update: Prosecutors Drop Charges Against Deborah Lafave, Hot Teacher Walks Free - The hot blonde middle school teacher, generally credited with started the current wave of female educator sex scandals, will not have to face additional charges in Marion County, Florida. The prosecutor there has decided that since a plea deal was rejected by a judge and the 14-year-old victim's mother doesn't want him to testify, they had no choice but to drop charges against Deborah Lafave. But she doesn't get off Scott free: Lafave had earlier reached a plea agreement on the same charges that were filed in a different Florida county (the alleged sex acts occurred in several locations apparently) and while she won't serve any jail time, she has to serve three years of house arrest followed by seven years of probation. When asked about the public outrage over her not having to spend any time in the slammer, Lafave told reporters, "I believe that my mental illness had a lot to do with my actions, and my passion was teaching and that's taken away from me.


It amuses me when these people try to blame their actions on something else,"The drugs made me do it","the alcohol made me do it","the mental illness made me do it""I hada poor childhood" or the "devil made me do it".If these people are going to confess to something they should have the balls to actually admit they did wrong instead of trying to make their actions not seem as though it was their fault.
 

Axismaster

Active member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
296
Reaction score
1
Location
Michigan
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
I say we just take the statuatory rape laws off the books. Sex is not government's business. Government is best that governs least, whether it be our markets our our genitals.
 

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,954
Reaction score
16,568
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Axismaster said:
I say we just take the statuatory rape laws off the books. Sex is not government's business.

I am sure NAMBLA and other vermin like them use that as a excuse.
 

Axismaster

Active member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
296
Reaction score
1
Location
Michigan
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Well, maybe they should be on the books, we should just try by case. Lock up the NAMBLA guys, but this is much different. I mean, come on man, age is only a number when it comes to true love. I live by that philosophy.
 

vergiss

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
easyt65 said:
Double-standard?

Deb Lefave did a MALE high school student and gets no time in jail, no probation (from what I hear).

I read another story where a male teached sleeps with a female high school student, and he has been sentenced to something like 15 years! :shock:

Where's the justice? Is Stautory Rape JUST for male Teacher-Female Student incidents?

I am not talking about how the male kid is a hero to his buddies, here guys! I am talking the U.S. legal system and the rules that are supposed to be in-placce to protect under-aged kids from sexual predators like this male teacher AND Deb Lafave!

Um... to go to gaol, you need to be convicted in the first place. :roll:
 

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
20,688
Reaction score
7,320
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
There's nothing wrong with having a double standard for this. If the intent of the law is to protect minors from being taken advantage of, it's silly to pretend that this is the same thing as a male teacher sleeping with a female student. I doubt that this kid will be scarred for life because he got to bang his teacher; I wish I had a ninth-grade teacher who looked like Deb Lafave "molest" me.

I agree with Axismaster for once; statutory rape laws should be judged on a case-by-case basis and should allow for plenty of discretion on the part of the judge and jury.
 

alphamale

Banned
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern California
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Slut escapes prison time

Debra Lafave, the 25 year old teacher who had sex with a male student, then 14, walked when the prosecutors dropped charges. If convicted, she would have gotten sixteen years. Imagine this course of events if it were a MALE teacher and a female student? Fat chance!
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
[Moderator Mode]

Merged the thread "Slut escapes prison time" into this one...same topic.

[/Moderator Mode]
 

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
A teacher that is this hot, the only crime I see here that was commited was that the sex was not video tapped and uploaded onto the web.:mrgreen:
 
Last edited:

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
jfuh said:
A teacher that is this hot, the only crime I see here that was commited was that the sex was not video tapped and uploaded onto the web.
Or a boy that grows up to treat sex as a predatory function like what was done to him...

But I guess that part shouldn't be relevant, should it...:shrug:
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
XShipRider said:
One would think the prosecutor could have proven the case without the
teenager's testimony, something which certainly would have been pursued
if the genders were reversed.

And what about her lifetime label of "sexual predator?" How about her lifetime registration as a sex offender?

As you said, reversing the genders would have had the feminists
frothing at the mouth to persecute and prosecute a man.

The double standard speaks for itself.

She has to register as a sexual predator. While the case was dropped in this one jurisdiction in Florida, she already had a plea agreement with another jurisdiction, which requires her to register as a sexual predator.

It is a double standard, but in this case, the kid's mother did not want her son to get on the stand. That was why she agreed to a plea deal in the other court. So LaFave is going to suffer some consequences.

Also, I think it was Keith Olbermann who had a psychiatrist on his show on Friday who said that LaFave's behavior has nothing to do with bipolar disorder. In fact, he was appalled that she used that as an excuse.
 

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I still think the major crime here was it wasn't on tape. :mrgreen:
 

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
20,688
Reaction score
7,320
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
cnredd said:
Or a boy that grows up to treat sex as a predatory function like what was done to him...

You really think that this kid is going to grow up and expose himself to first-graders, all because he got to bang his hot teacher when he was 14?

cnredd said:
But I guess that part shouldn't be relevant, should it...:shrug:

What exactly makes this "predatory"?
 

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,954
Reaction score
16,568
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Kandahar said:
There's nothing wrong with having a double standard for this. If the intent of the law is to protect minors from being taken advantage of, it's silly to pretend that this is the same thing as a male teacher sleeping with a female student. I doubt that this kid will be scarred for life because he got to bang his teacher; I wish I had a ninth-grade teacher who looked like Deb Lafave "molest" me.

I agree with Axismaster for once; statutory rape laws should be judged on a case-by-case basis and should allow for plenty of discretion on the part of the judge and jury.

Some femi-nazis try to argue that females are mentally more mature than their male counter parts.
 

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,954
Reaction score
16,568
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
aps said:
Also, I think it was Keith Olbermann who had a psychiatrist on his show on Friday who said that LaFave's behavior has nothing to do with bipolar disorder. In fact, he was appalled that she used that as an excuse.

I detest most shrinks.They try to blame every bad behavior on some mental disorder instead of personal choice.
 

talloulou

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Feb 12, 2006
Messages
15,998
Reaction score
3,962
Location
Tiamat's better half
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Conservative
Kandahar said:
There's nothing wrong with having a double standard for this. If the intent of the law is to protect minors from being taken advantage of, it's silly to pretend that this is the same thing as a male teacher sleeping with a female student. I doubt that this kid will be scarred for life because he got to bang his teacher; I wish I had a ninth-grade teacher who looked like Deb Lafave "molest" me.

I agree with Axismaster for once; statutory rape laws should be judged on a case-by-case basis and should allow for plenty of discretion on the part of the judge and jury.

I think there's something wrong with the double standard. First many female minors who have relationships with adult men feel they are in love while the world outside judges the relationship as an elder man taking advantage of a female minor. But if the minor female involved feels that the relationship is beneficial to her why should her feeling be less regarded than a young minor boys feeling that banging his hot teacher is great?

The law is set up to protect minors. In both instances there is an opportunity present for the adult to take advantage of the minor and that is why the law outlaws this behavior. Remember the female teacher who got pregnant by her student, repeatedly? An adult female can take advantage of a young minor male no matter how hot or not hot she is. Just as an adult male can get a minor female pregnant.

The law is set up to protect minors from situations where an adult places them in danger. These laws are not written on the basis or belief that minors are encapable of enjoying sex. Now some would argue all these laws should be done away with 'cause kids can as easily get in trouble having sex with other kids as they can with adults. Well I'd disagree. A mature adult has a mental and authoritarian advantage over minors that their peers simply don't have. Therefore it is easier for an adult to manipulate, control, and take advantage of a minor.

It is absolutely ridiculous to suggest a hot teacher should not be punished for banging a male student on the basis of she actually did him a favor. The same could be said in the reverse situations where the adult is male and the female is a minor. Some female minors will go out of their way to seduce an adult male. It is the adults job to not let that happen whether the adult is male or female.

To argue that a female minor who sleeps with her male teacher is different from a male minor sleeping with a female teacher is simply sexist. You're basically saying that girls don't like sex and boys do so it's not as bad for adults to take advantage of boys in a sexual way when the boy is willing yet minor girls giving their consent to sex should be ignored cause they can't possibly like sex as much and thus it's not good for them in the same way its good for a guy. What a bunch of BS.
 
Last edited:

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
jamesrage said:
Some femi-nazis try to argue that females are mentally more mature than their male counter parts.
Femi-Nazis?
Actually higher levels of estrogen have been prooven to be linked with mental developement. In contrast to that of higher testosterone levels which only lead to a more active libido.
It is conclusive that women of the same age as men are generally more mature.
 

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
jamesrage said:
I detest most shrinks.They try to blame every bad behavior on some mental disorder instead of personal choice.

Most behavioral problems are the results of mental disorder.
Blows a hole in your bad person because s/he makes evil decision claims huh?
 

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,954
Reaction score
16,568
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
jfuh said:
Most behavioral problems are the results of mental disorder.
Blows a hole in your bad person because s/he makes evil decision claims huh?

Do you beleave that because shrink told you that.People do things because of personal choice.The hot teacher had sex with the 14 year old becasue she wanted to have sex with that 14 year old.
 

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
jamesrage said:
Do you beleave that because shrink told you that.People do things because of personal choice.The hot teacher had sex with the 14 year old becasue she wanted to have sex with that 14 year old.
No, I believe that because I've studied up about it. Why do you refer to psychologists in the degrading term of Shrink? Just to fit in with the rest of the lot because it's popular?
Have I argued that her decision was not based on choice?
 

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
20,688
Reaction score
7,320
Location
Washington, DC
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
talloulou said:
I think there's something wrong with the double standard. First many female minors who have relationships with adult men feel they are in love while the world outside judges the relationship as an elder man taking advantage of a female minor. But if the minor female involved feels that the relationship is beneficial to her why should her feeling be less regarded than a young minor boys feeling that banging his hot teacher is great?

It shouldn't, which is why I think judges and juries should be allowed plenty of discretion in statutory rape cases...for both genders.

I'm sure there are instances of an adult male having sex with a female minor, where the relationship is not harmful. I would detest a general "minimum punishment," because the actual circumstances of each case should be taken into consideration. If there is truly no harm being done, I don't think anyone should be prosecuted.

talloulou said:
The law is set up to protect minors. In both instances there is an opportunity present for the adult to take advantage of the minor and that is why the law outlaws this behavior. Remember the female teacher who got pregnant by her student, repeatedly? An adult female can take advantage of a young minor male no matter how hot or not hot she is. Just as an adult male can get a minor female pregnant.

Pregnancy is a different matter entirely, and I don't think is what happened in this case. I would agree that the adult bears the majority of responsibility for the child, since a minor is less capable of making an informed decision. However, pregnancy is an issue with any heterosexual relationship regardless of the ages of the participants.

talloulou said:
The law is set up to protect minors from situations where an adult places them in danger. These laws are not written on the basis or belief that minors are encapable of enjoying sex. Now some would argue all these laws should be done away with 'cause kids can as easily get in trouble having sex with other kids as they can with adults. Well I'd disagree. A mature adult has a mental and authoritarian advantage over minors that their peers simply don't have. Therefore it is easier for an adult to manipulate, control, and take advantage of a minor.

It is absolutely ridiculous to suggest a hot teacher should not be punished for banging a male student on the basis of she actually did him a favor. The same could be said in the reverse situations where the adult is male and the female is a minor. Some female minors will go out of their way to seduce an adult male. It is the adults job to not let that happen whether the adult is male or female.

If the female went out of their way to seduce the adult male, I certainly think that our justice system should take that into consideration. A girl I knew in high school seduced a rich man in his 40s whose wife was deceased, when she was 15. In a case like that I'd have to wonder who is taking advantage of whom. This particular case never became a legal problem, but if it had I think it would be silly to treat the man like he was some kind of monster who had molested a young child.

talloulou said:
To argue that a female minor who sleeps with her male teacher is different from a male minor sleeping with a female teacher is simply sexist. You're basically saying that girls don't like sex and boys do so it's not as bad for adults to take advantage of boys in a sexual way when the boy is willing yet minor girls giving their consent to sex should be ignored cause they can't possibly like sex as much and thus it's not good for them in the same way its good for a guy. What a bunch of BS.

It's not sexist. It's simply an acknowledgement that, yes, there are differences between men and women. It has nothing to do with girls not liking sex and boys do. In relationships, men are generally dominant and women are generally submissive. With an older man and an underage girl, this dominance is magnified, thus making it easier for one party to take advantage of the other. With an older woman and an underage boy, this dominance is mitigated or eliminated, thus posing less of a problem as I see it.

I don't think that there is any law that can make an objective determination of when statutory rape is being committed. Laws that just flatly say "No one over age X may have sex with anyone under age Y" ignore the obvious fact that any moral wrongdoing completely subjective. I have no problem with statutory rape laws, but they should be applied intelligently on a case-by-case basis. This particular case seems a bit silly.
 
Last edited:

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
34,954
Reaction score
16,568
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
jfuh said:
No, I believe that because I've studied up about it. Why do you refer to psychologists in the degrading term of Shrink?

Becasue most of them are quacks.Some scumbag murders innocent children and some rat shrink says that the scumbag has multiple personalities or suffers ffroms some other mental desease that somehow this changes whether or not the person is commited the cirme in the first place.

Have I argued that her decision was not based on choice?
You beleave that bad behvaior/choices is based on some sort of mental disorder.
 

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
jamesrage said:
Becasue most of them are quacks.Some scumbag murders innocent children and some rat shrink says that the scumbag has multiple personalities or suffers ffroms some other mental desease that somehow this changes whether or not the person is commited the cirme in the first place.
Have a source to show that most of them are quacks? If a murderer did not make the choice to kill then certainly he should not be held accountable.
Mental disorder, regardless of how you percieve it to be, are likened to being a victim themselves, havning no control over thier thought process. There are numerous scientific studies that proove just this. Do you have sources to back up your claim?

jamesrage said:
You beleave that bad behvaior/choices is based on some sort of mental disorder.
Did I state anywhere that mental disorders to be responsible for ALL misconducts?
 
Top Bottom