• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"Dead wrong"

Navy Pride said:
As far as the intelligence goes everyone including the UN thought Saddam had WOMD
NOT TRUE! Ask the UN Weapon Inspectors who were on the ground in Iraq in 2003 and you will know what we all know now, that Saddam had $hit.
Navy Pride said:
.....Just because we did not find them does not mean he did not have them..........Iraq is the size of California and a WOMD could be the size of a Vail of smallpox that could fit in your hand......They could be buried in the desert or moved to Syria......
I see, Syria, that's the ticket! So Saddam had these evil WMDs that were a threat to us but instead of using them he smuggled them to Syria. Makes a whole lot of sense, sure it does. I mean what do you think he had them for if he wasn't going to use them to protect his empire?
Navy Pride said:
Now answer my question.......What would you do now?
Set a date that we hope to have our troops out by, say 12-31-06. You know we set a date for their elections, we set a date for their constitution, now we can set a date to bring our troops home.

Is that clear enough for you?

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:
Set a date that we hope to have our troops out by, say 12-31-06. You know we set a date for their elections, we set a date for their constitution, now we can set a date to bring our troops home.

Bad move...

The insugents will stop using up their IEDs and ammo...they'll sit it out and wait...News reporters will sit around and say, "See how quiet Iraq has become?"...Then the last soldier is gone on Dec. 31st...

January?...All out assault on the Iraq government...Civil War using all the IEDs and ammo that were saved up to be used at once...If we left too early, the Iraqi military can't respond as best they could...Government gets wiped out...Taken over by the insurgents...most of which are not Iraqis...Now a safe haven for terrorism...US will have to intercede again, making the cries against the US even louder....

GWB - "When the Iraqis stand up...we will stand down."

I see, Syria, that's the ticket! So Saddam had these evil WMDs that were a threat to us but instead of using them he smuggled them to Syria. Makes a whole lot of sense, sure it does. I mean what do you t

Right back at you and if Saddam did not have WOMD why kick the inspectors out? why not let them inspect anywhere they wanted? even his bedroom if need be.....If he had just done that and he had no WOMD then he would still be the dictator of Iraq and both his sons would still be alive........

Another dumb idea........That is just exactly what the terroists want......

cnredd said:
You and I both know that if we wanted to, the US could turn Iraq into parking lot in about 20 minutes....Why hasn't this happened?....Because we're NOT ALLOWED. "It would be wrong!" cries the apologists and appeasers.

So we can't conduct the war they way a true war should be conducted....quickly as possible with as much damage inflicted to obtain a submission. We ticky-tack and nit-pick the smaller items and start to drift away from the bigger picture.
So if you could you would turn Iraq into a parking lot? That is your preferred solution to this war?

Out of curiousity what would happen to the 28 million Iraqis we're deocracizing if we instituted your war plan?

I seem to recall that the "war" part of this conflict was over pretty quickly, remember? The problem was/is that Bush and his idiotic henchmen failed to adequately plan for the post-war insurgency, didn't see it coming, were taken aback by it's strength and determination.

Parking lot you say?

Navy Pride said:
Of course you Liberals that hate the president (and make no mistake about it that is what this is all about) have to hope and pray things go wrong in Iraq even if it means our brave troops dying to do it.....You have to be completely negative on eveything thing that is happening there......That is the sad part
You know in the past some of your posts have been awful, nasty (IMHO), stupid & pointless. This time, however, you've crossed over into a whole new level of pathetic posts. To suggest that "you Liberals" pray that things go wrong in Iraq is almost as low as anyone can get. I've never been able to take your posts seriously, but now I know for certain that your posts are pathetic.

cnredd said:
Bad move...

The insugents will stop using up their IEDs and ammo...they'll sit it out and wait...News reporters will sit around and say, "See how quiet Iraq has become?"...Then the last soldier is gone on Dec. 31st...
Then why don't the insurgents lay low until we leave and then resume? Maybe because they want to kill Americans?

When I wrote 12-31-06 it was a goal. If the Iraqi military (oxymoron?) isn't there yet then we would stay, but it would also empower the Iraqis to get their damn act together and defend themselves.

26 X World Champs said:
You know in the past some of your posts have been awful, nasty (IMHO), stupid & pointless. This time, however, you've crossed over into a whole new level of pathetic posts. To suggest that "you Liberals" pray that things go wrong in Iraq is almost as low as anyone can get. I've never been able to take your posts seriously, but now I know for certain that your posts are pathetic.

Well your buddy Michael Moore says that the terrorist in Iraq are like our Minute men.

Ted kennedy says our military is the problem not the solution in Iraq

Senator Durbin says our military in GITMO is like the Gulag and nazis.

John Kerry says Vietnam Vets were murderers rapists and baby killers......

Ward Churchill says that the people who died in the WTC are little Eichmans......

They are all leading liberals my friend..........I can't make this stuff up.....

Do you agree with them?

26 X World Champs said:
So if you could you would turn Iraq into a parking lot? That is your preferred solution to this war?

Out of curiousity what would happen to the 28 million Iraqis we're deocracizing if we instituted your war plan?

I seem to recall that the "war" part of this conflict was over pretty quickly, remember? The problem was/is that Bush and his idiotic henchmen failed to adequately plan for the post-war insurgency, didn't see it coming, were taken aback by it's strength and determination.

Parking lot you say?

I assume you're referring to this post...

cnredd said:
We are handcuffed by the international community that attempts to place "political correctness" into a military action. For thousands of years, the biggest rule of war was "win"...For the last 40 years it's been "win...but only under certain conditions."

You and I both know that if we wanted to, the US could turn Iraq into parking lot in about 20 minutes....Why hasn't this happened?....Because we're
NOT ALLOWED. "It would be wrong!" cries the apologists and appeasers.

So we can't conduct the war they way a true war should be conducted....quickly as possible with as much damage inflicted to obtain a submission. We ticky-tack and nit-pick the smaller items and start to drift away from the bigger picture.

Your attempt to corner me in an exaggeration is noteworthy, but feast your eyes on the bottom part...So we can't conduct the war they way a true war should be conducted....quickly as possible with as much damage inflicted to obtain a submission.

The point about the "parking lot" is how almost every war before 1960 used that tactic...That tactic is not allowed anymore...

Let me see if I can make it clearer....If my generals and war planners said "Sir, the only option to win this war is to make it parking lot." My answer would be "Engage #1!"

That's not saying its the answer to every war...I'm saying it should still be an option on the table.

I'm surprised more people don't agree with this....Dropping bombs and sweeping up would've saved over 1800 US soldiers lives wouldn't it?

Navy Pride said:
Right back at you and if Saddam did not have WOMD why kick the inspectors out? why not let them inspect anywhere they wanted? even his bedroom if need be.....If he had just done that and he had no WOMD then he would still be the dictator of Iraq and both his sons would still be alive....
I guess you've never played poker? He was BLUFFING to retain power over Iraq and his enemies.

But what do I know? "We Liberals" just want our soldiers dead, right?

Shame on you!

AllAmericanRageJunky said:
lets just forget about the fact that the intelligence was built around a preexisting policy.
That's the "Regime change" policy on Iraq signed by Bill Clinton you're referring to, right?

26 X World Champs said:
Then why don't the insurgents lay low until we leave and then resume? Maybe because they want to kill Americans?

When I wrote 12-31-06 it was a goal. If the Iraqi military (oxymoron?) isn't there yet then we would stay, but it would also empower the Iraqis to get their damn act together and defend themselves.

Yes, I understood 12-31-06 was an example and not a proven date.

The insurgents know that we won't leave until the Iraqi Army is ready...Yes, I'd like that to be sooner rather than later...but as long as the insurgents keep their insurgency up, the news will still report on them..."And the war gets worse and worse", they say...making America's resolve lower & lower, then we end up leaving for political reasons(Vietnam?), and not when its militarily acceptable. That is what terrorism is all about...obtaining a political objective.

If we leave when the Iraqi Army is ready...we can then watch them destroy the insurgency themselves...from the sidelines...

I hope that date comes soon, but I don't want it one day earlier than needed...

Not ignoring...gone for a couple of hours...

Navy Pride said:
Well your buddy Michael Moore says that the terrorist in Iraq are like our Minute men.
Your posts continue to amaze. How come it seems like no one ever takes your side? Michael Moore is a lot of things, but he most definitely does not want American soldiers killed. You wrote that "you liberals" want American soldiers to die. Show me where Michael Moore said that? You can't because he didn't. You're making it up.
Navy Pride said:
Ted kennedy says our military is the problem not the solution in Iraq
So that means he wants us to lose the war and for our soldiers to die? Your posts are PATHETIC.
Navy Pride said:
Senator Durbin says our military in GITMO is like the Gulag and nazis.
And that means that he too wants our soldiers dead? That is what you wrote. Each one of these examples, the same ones you always use, in no way prove your point, what a giant surprise!
Navy Pride said:
John Kerry says Vietnam Vets were murderers rapists and baby killers...
Some were. Were you in Viet Nam with Kerry? Remember Mai Lai?
Navy Pride said:
Ward Churchill says that the people who died in the WTC are little Eichmans...
Only a complete and utter moron/idiot would suggest, no less believe that Ward Churchill speaks for anyone other than himself. What do you believe?
Navy Pride said:
They are all leading liberals my friend..........I can't make this stuff up...
But you have made "this stuff = Liberals want our soldiers to die" up.

Try writing a post that is not utterly and completely pathetic? Is that beyond your capabilities?

You know refuting everything you write is too simple because your posts are so damn wrong. Debating you is like shooting fish in a barrel.....

26 X World Champs said:
I guess you've never played poker? He was BLUFFING to retain power over Iraq and his enemies.

But what do I know? "We Liberals" just want our soldiers dead, right?

Shame on you!

Yeah right:roll: You know what I got some waterfront property I want to sell you in Arizona....:lol:

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:
Your posts continue to amaze. How come it seems like no one ever takes your side? Michael Moore is a lot of things, but he most definitely does not want American soldiers killed. You wrote that "you liberals" want American soldiers to die. Show me where Michael Moore said that? You can't because he didn't. You're making it up.

So that means he wants us to lose the war and for our soldiers to die? Your posts are PATHETIC.

And that means that he too wants our soldiers dead? That is what you wrote. Each one of these examples, the same ones you always use, in no way prove your point, what a giant surprise!

Some were. Were you in Viet Nam with Kerry? Remember Mai Lai?

Only a complete and utter moron/idiot would suggest, no less believe that Ward Churchill speaks for anyone other than himself. What do you believe?

But you have made "this stuff = Liberals want our soldiers to die" up.

Try writing a post that is not utterly and completely pathetic? Is that beyond your capabilities?

You know refuting everything you write is too simple because your posts are so damn wrong. Debating you is like shooting fish in a barrel.....

You did not refute anything........You spun it just like liberals always do.....

Navy Pride said:
Yeah right:roll: You know what I got some waterfront property I want to see you in Arizona....:lol:
Try your very best to answer this simple question:

Why didn't Saddam use his WMDs in 1991 or in 2003? What would he be saving them for?

Navy Pride said:
You did not refute anything........You spun it just like liberals always do.....
You wrote that "You Liberals want American soldiers dead."

That type of post is bullshit and a lie. You have zero evidence to back that up. Your posts prove nothing, other than that the posts are pathetic.

26 X World Champs said:
Try your very best to answer this simple question:

Why didn't Saddam use his WMDs in 1991 or in 2003? What would he be saving them for?

I still got that property for you.........:lol:

Because he knew if he did we would make a parking lot out of Iraq........

He also figured that all the other Arabic countries would come to his aid....He figured wrong...........

cnredd said:
Yes, I understood 12-31-06 was an example and not a proven date.
You know, we're kind of saying the same thing? All that I'm suggesting be added to the mix is a target date to leave, a goal. The main criteria is that the Iraqis can defend themselves. I just think we'll get there faster with a date in mind, it's motivating.

As for the argument that the insurgents would then know when to attack wouldn't that be mostly moot since in theory the Iraqis will be able to defend themselves?

26 X World Champs said:
You wrote that "You Liberals want American soldiers dead."

That type of post is bullshit and a lie. You have zero evidence to back that up. Your posts prove nothing, other than that the posts are pathetic.

Liberals hate President Bush.......They want him to fail in everything he does........We fail in Iraq American Soldiers die...........you do the math......

26 X World Champs said:
You know, we're kind of saying the same thing? All that I'm suggesting be added to the mix is a target date to leave, a goal. The main criteria is that the Iraqis can defend themselves. I just think we'll get there faster with a date in mind, it's motivating.

As for the argument that the insurgents would then know when to attack wouldn't that be mostly moot since in theory the Iraqis will be able to defend themselves?

President Bush has set a date...........That date is when the Iraqis are able to handle Security in their country without our help.......General casey has said that ast Iraqi Battalions stand up American Battalions will stand down......

What don't you understand about that?

Navy Pride said:
I still got that property for you.........:lol:

Because he knew if he did we would make a parking lot out of Iraq........

He also figured that all the other Arabic countries would come to his aid....He figured wrong...........
Right, and 2+2=5! So he was worried that he would lose Iraq if he used WMDs yet when it became obvious that he was losing Iraq he still decided not to use them because??????

Other Arab countries taking up his cause? Cold day in hell, you know?

Now I see why you already own that property you're trying to unload. What did WC Fields say?

Navy Pride said:
Liberals hate President Bush.......They want him to fail in everything he does........We fail in Iraq American Soldiers die...........you do the math......
Like shooting fish in a barrel. Another pathetic post....consistency is one of your fortes.

metaphor2.jpg

26 X World Champs said:
Like shooting fish in a barrel. Another pathetic post....consistency is one of your fortes.

metaphor2.jpg

No response to my point, just attack the messenger.........what else is new..............:roll:

Other Arab countries taking up his cause? Cold day in hell, you know?

That is your opinion and you know what they are like.....:lol:

Navy Pride said:

26 X World Champs said:

Sorry Champs...your changing Navy's intention...

This is his Michael Moore's words...from his own website...

The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not "insurgents" or "terrorists" or "The Enemy." They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win. Get it, Mr. Bush? You closed down a friggin' weekly newspaper, you great giver of freedom and democracy! Then all hell broke loose. The paper only had 10,000 readers! Why are you smirking?

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?messageDate=2004-04-14

That's all Navy was saying...don't look too deep...

Back
Top Bottom