• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"Dead wrong"

porkchopexpress said:
weelll, according to the UN, they are illegally occupying palestine since 1967. and i dont buy that argument - if i want china out of taiwan (stop threatening and such, and i do), im not anti-asian. it doesnt even make sense.
Seeking to have China stop threatening Taiwan is a far cry from demanding that Israel leave "the land of Palestine." If you demand the latter, you are anti-jew, IMO.

lets get this straight. israel does not equal jew. its just that in america,our media is sympathetic to israel, whereas in the rest of the world it isnt, not even the UK.
I'm not having any luck figuring out what you meant to say here.

Ticomaya said:
Yes, but when one criticizes the Israeli government's policy of having their country in "the land of Palestine," I think that goes beyond what Powell was referring to. When someone says Israel should get out of the land of Palestine, do you seriously believe they don't hate jews, they just disagree with the Israeli government's policies?
IMO, the point here is that you don't talk 'bout the same thing (correct me if I'm wrong).

The land of Palestine is the region NOT given to the state of Israel by the UN when that state was created, i.e. the Gaza strip and the "Cisjordanie" (whetever it is called in english).

And no, it's NOT anti-semitic to criticise the fact that Israel occupies that land illegally since 1967. WHAT is anti-semitic (and un-realistic) is to talk 'bout "throwing the jews into the sea".

CU
Y

epr64 said:
OMG. Are you really serious? Are you alive, or something???

Kerry is FAR LEFT????

Do you even know what left means (apart from being on YOUR left, which is quite a few people, if I'm not mistaken..

Just try to look at the news in the world (you know, the thing around the US) during the last pretzeldential elections, and please wake up.

How can you even imagine a Boner married to a billionaire can even have the slighest "left" twist?

Y

I don't know what far left or liberal means where you live but I know what it means here in the USA and Kerry was identified by a non biased organiztion last year by his voting record as the most liberal senator in the U.S. Senate....He voted 96.5% of the time as a liberal, even to the left of Kennedy and that is good enough for me......

Oh and who is Boner?:confused:

You people on the left that say Israel is illegally occupying their land crack me up......Do you even have one clue how they got that land? They were attacked and acquired that land in winning the war.........They have made all the concessions and the Arabs have made none........

Navy Pride said:
You people on the left that say Israel is illegally occupying their land crack me up......Do you even have one clue how they got that land? They were attacked and acquired that land in winning the war.........They have made all the concessions and the Arabs have made none........
You know, NP, there are things called "law", like in International law. You may despise it, but normal countries follow it like normal people follow the common law.

And that law says that Israel was given borders. If they start a pre-emptive war, and "conquer" lands, they are NOT entitled to keep them (remember a Saddam that wanted to annex Kuweit? Just the same, matey, just the same).

The Six-Day War (Hebrew: מלחמת ששת הימים transliteration: Milhemet Sheshet Hayamim), also known as the 1967 Arab-Israeli War, Six Days' War, or June War, was fought between Israel and its Arab neighbors Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. It began when Israel launched a preemptive war on its Arab neighbors; by its end Israel controlled the Gaza Strip, the Sinai Peninsula, the West Bank, and the Golan Heights. The results of the war affect the geopolitics of the region to this day.

What is it you don't understand? Law, or international?

Y

epr64 said:
And that law says that Israel was given borders. If they start a pre-emptive war, and "conquer" lands, they are NOT entitled to keep them (remember a Saddam that wanted to annex Kuweit? Just the same, matey, just the same).
Did you forget that Israel was getting attacked from the Golan Heights by Syria on a regular basis, and responded to the buildup of forces by Egypt on the border?

You can defend yourself under "International Law," even if you're Jewish.

Ticomaya said:
Did you forget that Israel was getting attacked from the Golan Heights by Syria on a regular basis, and responded to the buildup of forces by Egypt on the border?

You can defend yourself under "International Law," even if you're Jewish.
Defending oneself is about invading and occupying countries? Under which law?
And International law doesn't care 'bout your religion.

You have a very interesting position, matey.

Y

epr64 said:
Defending oneself is about invading and occupying countries? Under which law?
And International law doesn't care 'bout your religion.
In response to the escalation of attacks from Syria, Egypt's concentration of troops and tanks along its border in preparation of an attack, and the Arab countries surrounding it signing mutual defense treaties, Israel took the action it did and created a buffer zone. Faced with increasing hostilities from Arab neighbors intent on attacking it, Israel needed to secure its safety and security, which is permitted under International Law.

You have a very interesting position, matey.

Y
Thank you. You have an interesting way of expressing yourself, dude.

You know, NP, there are things called "law", like in International law. You may despise it, but normal countries follow it like normal people follow the common law.

And that law says that Israel was given borders. If they start a pre-emptive war, and "conquer" lands, they are NOT entitled to keep them (remember a Saddam that wanted to annex Kuweit? Just the same, matey, just the same)

Israel was attacked.........She acquired the land by defeating the attackers...........

Navy Pride said:
Israel was attacked.........She acquired the land by defeating the attackers...........
I thought you DID read the link I provided, stating clearly that Israel made a PRE-EMPTIVE war in 67. Israel was NOT atacked, if you except some minor border incidents. But border incidents (provoked or not) are always used to attack..

Israel acquired land of its own will, for the purpose of creating a buffer first, then for the purpose of populating the "greater Israel" of the Bible with colons. That is exactly the same as Saddam conquering Kuweit (He also did claim that Kuweit was part of Iraq, yadda yadda yadda ).

So, very logically, the borders of Israel recognized by the international community are those pre-67.

Now, that you support Israel is one thing. I strongly support the existence of Israel, in its original borders, with a Palestinian state in its original borders. But I don't support the stealing of lands by the israeli govt (all of them).

Giving back Gaza was a courageous move by Sharon, but at the same time, he clearly states he will annex more than 50% of the land devoted to the people of Palestine.

If your neighbour attacks you in the street, does that give you the right to crash into his home, throw him out and keep the house? Or does that allow you to conform to the law?

Y

Ticomaya said:
In response to the escalation of attacks from Syria, Egypt's concentration of troops and tanks along its border in preparation of an attack, and the Arab countries surrounding it signing mutual defense treaties, Israel took the action it did and created a buffer zone. Faced with increasing hostilities from Arab neighbors intent on attacking it, Israel needed to secure its safety and security, which is permitted under International Law.

Thank you. You have an interesting way of expressing yourself, dude.

If international law allows you to keep territories conquered without a formal declaration of war, based on impressions (probably founded, I admit, but impressions nevertheless) that you could be attacked, why doesn't the international community recognize Israel's "new borders"?
There must be something here, don't you think? And why would the UN pass non-stop resolutions for Israel to get back to their pre-67 borders?

The security Coucil
Recalling its resolution 476 (1980)
Reaffirming again that the acquisition of territory by force is inadmissible
Would it be that the UN and international lawyers disagree with you?

Just a question :cool:

CU
Y

Ticomaya said:
Could be. Lawyers often disagree with one another. Nature of the beast.
Even if YOU'RE a lawyer, you seem to be quite confident that YOUR truth is better than the truth of everyone else..

Must be comfortable :doh

Y

epr64 said:
Even if YOU'RE a lawyer, you seem to be quite confident that YOUR truth is better than the truth of everyone else..

Must be comfortable :doh

Y
Well, I'm quite comfortable with my ability to argue either side of an issue. But I do prefer to pick a side ... and it's usually the right one. ;)

Navy Pride said:

I've got a question for you to ponder, have you ever wondered where Israel would be without America's mighty support? Probably defeated by her neighbors by now don't you agree? I think so.

KidRocks said:
I've got a question for you to ponder, have you ever wondered where Israel would be without America's mighty support? Probably defeated by her neighbors by now don't you agree? I think so.
For once, I agree with you. And that's a credit to America. :cool:

battleax86 said:
For once, I agree with you. And that's a credit to America. :cool:

And now you know the rest of the story. Now you may realize why most of the Middle East doesn't care to much for us.

Iraq was the topper though!

KidRocks said:
And now you know the rest of the story. Now you may realize why most of the Middle East doesn't care to much for us.
They don't care for Israel because they are Jews. They don't care for us because we won't allow them to remove the Jews from the Jewish homeland. I, for one, don't care what they think about that because 1) it's not their land and 2) I'm not going to stop supporting the oldest democracy in the Middle East and God's Chosen People because some Jew-haters don't like it.

KidRocks said:
Iraq was the topper though!
Yes, tell that to the thousands of Iraqis lining up to join the government security forces. Tell that to the millions of Iraqis who defied terrorist threats to make their democracy work. Tell that to these people.

Thank%20You%20Mr%20Bush.jpg

Thank%20You%20USA.jpg

battleax86 said:

Thanks for showing the pictures, Billo_Really doesn't want to be seen! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom