• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dc

mixedmedia said:
So maybe we should go ahead and decide on DC?

Yeah I'm thinking so. Then we can get the ball moving and get people signed up. Appears that July and August are tied, so I say early August to get both. Provided it's feasible of course.

That's what I thought, that's why I didn't bother, no one likes my city.:(

Deegan said:

If you come here, Deegan, can we go out to lunch? ;)

Kelzie said:
Yeah I'm thinking so. Then we can get the ball moving and get people signed up. Appears that July and August are tied, so I say early August to get both. Provided it's feasible of course.

Woo hoo! Let's pah-tay!

Deegan said:

:lol: I love Chicago. It's just kinda pricey and most people live on the East Coast, soo...If you find per person numbers significantly below 300, we might seriously consider it.

Kelzie said:
:lol: I love Chicago. It's just kinda pricey and most people live on the East Coast, soo...If you find per person numbers significantly below 300, we might seriously consider it.

No, I'm kidding, I did check, and conventions are what this town does, and they are booked until next year, and almost in to 2008.:shock:

DC seems the logical choice, and I have actually never been to all the attractions there!:shock:

Deegan said:
No, I'm kidding, I did check, and conventions are what this town does, and they are booked until next year, and almost in to 2008.:shock:

DC seems the logical choice, and I have actually never been to all the attractions there!:shock:

Damn. 08 huh?

Yeah I haven't been to DC in years. I might show up a couple days early just so I can get all the sights in.

aps said:
If you come here, Deegan, can we go out to lunch? ;)

:rofl

Sure, my wife says we'll be glad to join you.:lol:

Deegan said:
:rofl

Sure, my wife says we'll be glad to join you.:lol:

LOL A threesome? Okay. :lol:

(Glad you got my joke. ;))

DC is definitely cool with me.

And I was going to say more, but I just had a complete mind blank. :doh

Yeah, DC seems like the best choice and I should have definitive numbers by this afternoon on what the cost per person should be. Anyone else who got numbers, if you could forward them to me, I can put everything into an excel file for easy reference in making a budget forecast for the total event...next step is to decide a time for sure and then get on the ball with putting together registration options. I'm thinking a couple of different packages to fit different budgets? We meed capital to work with soon, people. :mrgreen:

still waiting on my contact to get back with me.

Ask yours about an old town trolley tour.
It is supposed to be X amount per day and goes to all the buildings.

Or would that be part of the tour concierge services?

jallman said:
Yeah, DC seems like the best choice and I should have definitive numbers by this afternoon on what the cost per person should be. Anyone else who got numbers, if you could forward them to me, I can put everything into an excel file for easy reference in making a budget forecast for the total event...next step is to decide a time for sure and then get on the ball with putting together registration options. I'm thinking a couple of different packages to fit different budgets? We meed capital to work with soon, people. :mrgreen:

All the numbers I got were on the OP.

And what's this "capital" of which you speak? :mrgreen:

vauge said:
still waiting on my contact to get back with me.

Ask yours about an old town trolley tour.
It is supposed to be X amount per day and goes to all the buildings.

Or would that be part of the tour concierge services?

Well, I was working under the assumption that everyone would have a wide range of interests, so tour packages would be left to individuals...the cocierge was just a guide to assist the guests. I can find out about adding one to the package and if its not a significant price increase, maybe we can make it a group thing? Also, tours tend to be smaller expenses and I thought maybe planning for those could come after some surplus budget is generated.

vauge said:
Good point.

If I am harping on the money thing too much and sucking the fun out of this, I wont be offended if I am told to shut up for a bit. :mrgreen:

jallman said:
If I am harping on the money thing too much and sucking the fun out of this, I wont be offended if I am told to shut up for a bit. :mrgreen:
Shadyapp! j/k

We need to the priorities.
In a forum, redundancy can be the key to keeping those. IMHO

jallman said:

You're fine. Keep doing what you're doing. The fun will be when it all comes together, not now.

Kelzie said:
You're fine. Keep doing what you're doing. The fun will be when it all comes together, not now.
Geez, you can't have your pudding unless you eat your... well, that won't work. Not at all. Wow, the fun's been sucked out of even that.

Keep up the great work, jallman. A clear picture of cost will help everyone decide too whether they can commit or not.

shuamort said:
Geez, you can't have your pudding unless you eat your... well, that won't work. Not at all. Wow, the fun's been sucked out of even that.

Keep up the great work, jallman. A clear picture of cost will help everyone decide too whether they can commit or not.

Thanks, shuamort, vauge, and kelzie. Anyway, Nancy from EMCVenues did call today with information but it was while I was out at a chamber of commerce luncheon...of course she would call while I was out. Due to the time difference here in Alaska, we missed eachother today but I will contact her first thing tomorrow morning and have something to report by late morning here...which is early afternoon for most of you. Vauge...can you give me a clear idea of what your package involves, when, and where so I have something to leverage against her if I think the price is too steep?

Gunna call my contact back this morning.
I have yet to receive an email with the details.

So at 8:30 this morning I was rudely awakened by some "lady" giving me numbers. It's from the American Inn in Bethesda:

1dbl bed: $90

1qn bed: $95

2 dbl beds: $115

One meeting space (WITH bottled water included) is $150 if we get over 20 people, $300 if not.

So just getting a rough idea, I think maybe six people will double up=3 dbl beds. Guessing we have 25 people show up (on the low side hopefully) and they split dbl and qn evenly it'll be about $200/person. It doesn't include a banquet, but I can't imagine that costing more than $20/person. We could always just get pizza. :mrgreen: She also said people could just pay on their own, doesn't have to be one big check. Anyway, could be something you bargain with your contact jallman. It's kinda a small place so we could swing 30 or maybe 35, but I don't think any more than that. I'm a little iffy, mostly cause she woke me up though.

Kelzie said:
One meeting space (WITH bottled water included) is $150 if we get over 20 people, $300 if not.
Free wet t-shirt contest! Bring your beads.

shuamort said:
Free wet t-shirt contest! Bring your beads.

What free? We'll charge for that thanks. $50/a person. This forum is mosty guys after all. :mrgreen:

Numbers are in...

For two nights accommodation friday-saturday
Welcome dinner of casual dining not including alcohol
All day meeting space (I know we dont need all day, but thats what she figured in for a package deal)
All day refreshment breaks (meaning coffee, bottled water, canned soda and donuts)
Dinner event from 6-9, meal included...upgrades to menu available
Sound and visual equipment included
Continental breakfast

At the double-tree in Bethesda...excellent location from aps and her recommendation.

323.00 per person

Back
Top Bottom