• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DC Obamacare exchange awards $375k grant to Planned Parenthood

You are correct. They serve and underserved population with a sliding scale structure...but they are not full service for all health care needs.

but they have such a super wide array of services!....surely this comprehensive healthcare organization that is not based on abortion and Preventing Parenthood can handle the needs of the disadvantaged.. their altruistic and deep pocketed donation networks could kick in to take care of them!

****, all we need to do is threaten to defund less than 1% of PP's revenue and the rabid pro-choicers will open their wallet and flood PP with money, like we've already seen them do.;)

sure, your're rightfully happy about the screenings i'm sure.... and now that a woman finds out she has breast cancer..what next?..... well, don't go to PP, that's way out of their realm of expertise.

If my family doctor diagnoses me with breast - or any other kind of - cancer, she's not going to treat me for it - she's going to refer me to an oncologist. I would expect the same of PP.

but they have such a super wide array of services!....surely this comprehensive healthcare organization that is not based on abortion and Preventing Parenthood can handle the needs of the disadvantaged.. their altruistic and deep pocketed donation networks could kick in to take care of them!

****, all we need to do is threaten to defund less than 1% of PP's revenue and the rabid pro-choicers will open their wallet and flood PP with money, like we've already seen them do.;)
I call complete and utter BS on this one. Have you read these threads??

The morning after pill is called an abortion pill. BCP and IUDs are called abortion inducing.......fertilized non implanted eggs are called full fledged human beings. So what you are suggesting is crap in the long term.

And hell, so many lies have been told about PP - the right would cook the numbers anyway...well yeah....they sold 3000 Plan B's....that means they were responsible for 3000 abortions right there.

You really do not believe what you say, right?

Does PP diagnose breast cancer? I did not know this.

What an inspiring idea! And it can work too!

I am sorry, I thought you understood that not every struggling person qualifies for Medicaid. This is a common misconception for people on the right.

Again, what made you think I was going to argue with you about the specifics of who Medicaid should cover when Medicaid is nakedly unconstitutional and should not exist? And more to the point, what made you think Medicaid had anything to do with what I was saying?

Medicaid isn't about "trying to provide health insurance." The government has no legal authority to "provide health insurance" or really do much of anything related to the topic.

So again, what's this about being against trying to provide insurance? I want companies that sell insurance and I think people should buy insurance.

Profound ugh @ "Luckily with Obamacare..." Three words that never belong together... ever. What an abysmal monstrosity of a bill.

Last edited:
Does PP diagnose breast cancer? I did not know this.

PP does breast cancer screening, but not biopsies which I believe are the standard for diagnosing BC. If the screening raises suspicions, I imagine they refer patients for further evaluation.

Oh wait!! They do have a program that pays for ultrasounds which are used diagnose BC

Breast Health Initiative

Planned Parenthood’s expanded breast health program will give more women access to lifesaving screenings, diagnostic services, and educational resources. We are striving to reach more women with more services — focusing in particular on screening and diagnostic services for younger women and Latinas. Ninety-four percent of Planned Parenthood patients are under the age of 40 — so Planned Parenthood doctors and nurses are at the forefront when it comes to reaching younger women with health care services.
Clinical breast exams are provided at Planned Parenthood health centers nationwide. The expanded breast health program will provide additional funding for Planned Parenthood clinicians to give referrals and grants for specialized follow-up care, like ultrasounds and biopsies for women in need.

If my family doctor diagnoses me with breast - or any other kind of - cancer, she's not going to treat me for it - she's going to refer me to an oncologist. I would expect the same of PP.

that's true, and i suspect that is exactly what happens.....and does you doctor go out of his way to launch a marketing campaign to highlight his cancer screening while downplaying the the very services his business model is based on?... probably not, he's probably a more honest guy/gal..I know mine is.

i'm wondering, with the onset of Obamacare... what will become of PP?... .will women still go there for services folks generally go to their family doctor for?... no real need to if they have insurance ( they'll still be needed for abortions , obviously)... I guess that will largely depend on locations and such, but i can't imagine women using PP on a regular basis when they'll have coverage to see network doctors and foster relationships with them..I dunno, just musing

All PP does is refer women. Any number of accredited places, including regular clinics and even mobile units which do them for free, provide the same. From Life News.com, which links to the PP documents themselves:

The Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) released two documents last week[1] showing that the abortion chain continues to grow its abortion business while its provision of other services continues to decline.

Among Planned Parenthood’s significantly decreased services are its breast health services. That is especially ironic considering the media storm during the 2011/2012 Susan G. Komen Foundation grant changes. While Planned Parenthood has used breast health services as a major talking point in fund raising, that facts show it has become a smaller share of its efforts.

Planned Parenthood Did 100,000 Fewer Breast Cancer Screenings | LifeNews.com

Again, what made you think I was going to argue with you about the specifics of who Medicaid should cover when Medicaid is nakedly unconstitutional and should not exist? And more to the point, what made you think Medicaid had anything to do with what I was saying?

Medicaid isn't about "trying to provide health insurance." The government has no legal authority to "provide health insurance" or really do much of anything related to the topic.

So again, what's this about being against trying to provide insurance? I want companies that sell insurance and I think people should buy insurance.

Profound ugh @ "Luckily with Obamacare..." Three words that never belong together... ever. What an abysmal monstrosity of a bill.

Sorry Americans, sucks to be you if you do not have a job good enough to help you pay for healthcare or healthcare insurance. Sucks to be you.

Pathetic.

We can tear apart Iraq and spend trillions tearing down their infrastructure and building up to tear it down...watch as tens of thousands that we are "liberating" are liberated from their lives or limbs or loved ones.........and some how providing healthcare for Americans is an issue.

Sorry Americans, sucks to be you if you do not have a job good enough to help you pay for healthcare or healthcare insurance. Sucks to be you.

Pathetic.

We can tear apart Iraq and spend trillions tearing down their infrastructure and building up to tear it down...watch as tens of thousands that we are "liberating" are liberated from their lives or limbs or loved ones.........and some how providing healthcare for Americans is an issue.

Why did you never tell me which right the government is protecting by providing people with access to healthcare?

I call complete and utter BS on this one. Have you read these threads??

The morning after pill is called an abortion pill. BCP and IUDs are called abortion inducing.......fertilized non implanted eggs are called full fledged human beings. So what you are suggesting is crap in the long term.

And hell, so many lies have been told about PP - the right would cook the numbers anyway...well yeah....they sold 3000 Plan B's....that means they were responsible for 3000 abortions right there.

You really do not believe what you say, right?

I believe about 80% of what I say.... but this stuff you are talking about here.. well, I didn't say any of it, nor would I.
you probably believe your political rivals are idiots, but please...I understand the difference between birth control and abortion...I support the former and loathe the latter.

sure , lies are told about PP... lies are even told for PP by you guys.....if PP aborted 5 million unborn babies a day, the left would still be crowing about the 4 breast cancer screenings they provided. ( this tit for tat game can be fun, but it's rather useless)

if you'll notice, I was clowning on what happened with SGK pulling their funding (less than 1% of PPs total revenue) and the increase in donations to PP you have admitted to happening in that aftermath.
you can call bull**** all you like, but we both know it's true... it happened.

I already posted a link that proves that your claim is a lie

So you're claiming that PP diagnoses breast cancer? Does it perform mammograms? Ultrasounds? Or does it refer women to other places that perform these tests?

So you're claiming that PP diagnoses breast cancer? Does it perform mammograms? Ultrasounds? Or does it refer women to other places that perform these tests?

I already posted the info about what PP does. It does more than just refer patients

just found out you can also volunteer, thats awesome! while im already spread pretty thin what a wonderful way to donate my time in helping assure families get affordable and easy access to healthcare.
WIth the great news about the expansion they will probably need a lot of help, I CANT WAIT!

sent in my volunteering info today!
https://plannedparenthoodvolunteer....mctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=167187902

cant wait to further help out my community and provide health care to people, hopefully something opens up with the two expanding places by me

now i too can join the "evil hate group and bunch of hit men and contract killers that have hurt this country more than any enemy or war, ill will be amount the disgusting, vile murderous, sinful PP company and learn about their evil plan to destroy the fiber of america and how its just like nazis and slavery" by providing readily accessible and affordable health care and BC and going to schools and teaching safe sex. I can feel the evilness growing inside of me!

. . . .wait thats doesnt seem right? oh yeah thats because its not
oh yeah and i wont even be at one that provides abortions, out of the 5 in my area only 1 does. . . .wonder what the other 4 possible do then? i mean to believe the lies posted here if they dont do abortions them must not do much of anything. Facts when again, lies and hyperbole lose again.

:shrug:

We can tear apart Iraq and spend trillions tearing down their infrastructure and building up to tear it down

You're just full of bad assumptions here. What makes you think I approve of aggressive preemptive war against people we presume to have weapons that we presume they might maybe one day want to use on us?

(Let alone when those presumptions were wrong!)

I already posted the info about what PP does. It does more than just refer patients

So you couldn't answer with a simple yes or no, eh?

sent in my volunteering info today!
https://plannedparenthoodvolunteer....mctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=167187902

cant wait to further help out my community and provide health care to people, hopefully something opens up with the two expanding places by me

now i too can join the "evil hate group and bunch of hit men and contract killers that have hurt this country more than any enemy or war, ill will be amount the disgusting, vile murderous, sinful PP company and learn about their evil plan to destroy the fiber of america and how its just like nazis and slavery" by providing readily accessible and affordable health care and BC and going to schools and teaching safe sex. I can feel the evilness growing inside of me!

. . . .wait thats doesnt seem right? oh yeah thats because its not
oh yeah and i wont even be at one that provides abortions, out of the 5 in my area only 1 does. . . .wonder what the other 4 possible do then? i mean to believe the lies posted here if they dont do abortions them must not do much of anything. Facts when again, lies and hyperbole lose again.

are you a doctor or nurse?

I believe about 80% of what I say.... but this stuff you are talking about here.. well, I didn't say any of it, nor would I.
you probably believe your political rivals are idiots, but please...I understand the difference between birth control and abortion...I support the former and loathe the latter.

sure , lies are told about PP... lies are even told for PP by you guys.....if PP aborted 5 million unborn babies a day, the left would still be crowing about the 4 breast cancer screenings they provided. ( this tit for tat game can be fun, but it's rather useless)

if you'll notice, I was clowning on what happened with SGK pulling their funding (less than 1% of PPs total revenue) and the increase in donations to PP you have admitted to happening in that aftermath.
you can call bull**** all you like, but we both know it's true... it happened.

Psst, I was not attributing what I said to YOU. I asked if you have read these threads. What I posted is "usual" stuff that is said .

By the way...show me where "it" happened (the 1% comment) I would be interested.

:shrug:

You're just full of bad assumptions here. What makes you think I approve of aggressive preemptive war against people we presume to have weapons that we presume they might maybe one day want to use on us?

(Let alone when those presumptions were wrong!)

We did not care enough (across the aisle) to make sure the intelligence for Iraq and WMD was accurate. It was proven before the war that some of it was crap. We pick apart getting healthcare in this country and have Americans on our own soil die without access...yet we hardly think twice before spending billions (to trillions) going to a war based on massaged intelligence.

I read it again... and still don't know if you are a doctor or nurse.

ill be volunteering im neither a nurse or doctor
gathering information about what i can participate in and what id be interested in doing is sex ed tours, since im already on the board of a local youth group hopefully i can set something up
also outreach programs, same basic principle im highly involved in my community

Back
Top Bottom