• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DC Obamacare exchange awards $375k grant to Planned Parenthood

We did not care enough (across the aisle) to make sure the intelligence for Iraq and WMD was accurate. It was proven before the war that some of it was crap. We pick apart getting healthcare in this country and have Americans on our own soil die without access...yet we hardly think twice before spending billions (to trillions) going to a war based on massaged intelligence.

Interesting, but surely you can you give me an update on the the price of tea in China*?

(*Editor's Note: This is purely rhetorical, and not actually a request for additional non-sequitur content)

Psst, I was not attributing what I said to YOU. I asked if you have read these threads. What I posted is "usual" stuff that is said .

By the way...show me where "it" happened (the 1% comment) I would be interested.

show you where SGK defunded PP and, in turn, PP's donations increased?.... uhh, i'm pretty sure we've been over this already.

I usually stay out of this forum.... but a couple times of year come in to do a lil battle.
it's the same **** as it ever was.. the same arguments, the same bull****.... it .. never.. changes.

i'll tell yo one thing, you might think your **** don't stink and you have all the facts and the truth on your side, but y'all are just as full of bull**** as the other side is.
i've seen pro-choicers argue that a fetus is not human for christ sake... i've seen you guys argue abortion should not be restricted whatsoever, at any stage of development, even a few fringe loonies who believe post birth abortion is just peachy
my favorite is the pro-abortionists who hate the idea of children telling their parents they are sexually active, need birth control, are pregnant, or had an abortion.... even the loonies the lobby to pass laws for minors to get all the "reproductive healthcare ", including abortions, they want without parental guidance or permission.
I'd call them loonies too, but most know them as " planned parenthood".. yup, the same loonies that put out a cartoon for children telling them it's cool to go have sex..

but it's mostly the same old bull****... y'all are baby killers and the other side are lying nazis waging a war on women.....bla bla ****ing bla.. it's all so very stupid.

ill be volunteering im neither a nurse or doctor
gathering information about what i can participate in and what id be interested in doing is sex ed tours, since im already on the board of a local youth group hopefully i can set something up
also outreach programs, same basic principle im highly involved in my community

well, good for you.. I'm glad you're stoked.... I'm the charitable sort, but i don't give away my time or labor for free to anyone, especially not an existing business.. .to each their own :)

I was all about sex ed with my kids... but I wouldn't let my kids attend those classes when PP reps came around...PP's positions were not for my family.

1.)well, good for you.. I'm glad you're stoked.... I'm the charitable sort,
2.) but i don't give away my time or labor for free to anyone, especially not an existing business.. .to each their own :)
3.) I was all about sex ed with my kids... but I wouldn't let my kids attend those classes when PP reps came around...PP's positions were not for my family.

1.) i am
2.) i like helping my community, i coach, i work at the youth center, volunteer at the schools and now hopefully i can do this if i have time.
3.) what position is that? I attended one at a health center that wasnt PP but was conducted by PP, they were teaching reality based, honest, fact based sex education? thats not for your family?

show you where SGK defunded PP and, in turn, PP's donations increased?.... uhh, i'm pretty sure we've been over this already.

I usually stay out of this forum.... but a couple times of year come in to do a lil battle.
it's the same **** as it ever was.. the same arguments, the same bull****.... it .. never.. changes.

i'll tell yo one thing, you might think your **** don't stink and you have all the facts and the truth on your side, but y'all are just as full of bull**** as the other side is.
i've seen pro-choicers argue that a fetus is not human for christ sake... i've seen you guys argue abortion should not be restricted whatsoever, at any stage of development, even a few fringe loonies who believe post birth abortion is just peachy
my favorite is the pro-abortionists who hate the idea of children telling their parents they are sexually active, need birth control, are pregnant, or had an abortion.... even the loonies the lobby to pass laws for minors to get all the "reproductive healthcare ", including abortions, they want without parental guidance or permission.
I'd call them loonies too, but most know them as " planned parenthood".. yup, the same loonies that put out a cartoon for children telling them it's cool to go have sex..

but it's mostly the same old bull****... y'all are baby killers and the other side are lying nazis waging a war on women.....bla bla ****ing bla.. it's all so very stupid.

You do not get it.

It was not about general defunding. Please be intellectually honest. An organization that claims to care about breast health took away substantial amounts of donations targeted at funding underprivileged women get breast exams and access to mammograms. It was a political maneuver at the expense of poor women. That is the outrage.

The cool thing is that by the douche move by the now ousted PP CEO - she succeeded in doing what Planned Parenthood has been trying to do for years. Show exactly how wide ranging and helpful their service are. Before the aforementioned politically motivated douche moved targeted at preventing underprivileged clients from accessing potentially life saving screening many saw Planned Parenthood as being primarily about abortions. Now many people are more knowledgeable. (the ones that care about REAL information)

But again, please be intellectually honest about why they donated elsewhere. By the way, I know people who would not feel comfortable donating to PP - they pulled their support for SGK (because of the targeting of underprivileged women in need of breast screening and mammogram referral)and gave to other cancer charities.

Please remember this was about SGK folks jumping ship. Planned Parenthood may have reaped the benefit. But it was about SGK donors having a WTF moment. Donors personally invested in seeing breast cancer obliterated - saw the most defenseless group - the poor and working poor - targeted as a political ploy.

1.) i am
2.) i like helping my community, i coach, i work at the youth center, volunteer at the schools and now hopefully i can do this if i have time.
3.) what position is that? I attended one at a health center that wasnt PP but was conducted by PP, they were teaching reality based, honest, fact based sex education? thats not for your family?

the facts, well, i'm not opposed to them whatsoever.... it was their position of "parents don't matter, they should be kept out of their children's life" that pissed me off.... it's what turned me off to PP to begin with.
that, and "sex is always good and wonderful.. go have as much sex as you like"...

it would have been fine if they just believed that, but they used their political arm to legislate that position all over this country.....they actively and successfully lobbied to remove parents from the equation.
and taht.. exactly that, is why i won't let any of their people near my kids 9 my kids are all growed up, but still)

if i had to nail it down to basics, I'd say that PP are Anti-parenthood, and Anti-parent... and because parenting is the most important responsibility i have on this earth and my kids are the most important people on this planet to me ( as well as my wife)I say, to hell with PP... they are not welcome in my family.

secondarily, they promote abortion and they scoff at abstinence( preferring the "sex is always great" agenda)

You do not get it.

It was not about general defunding. Please be intellectually honest. An organization that claims to care about breast health took away substantial amounts of donations targeted at funding underprivileged women get breast exams and access to mammograms. It was a political maneuver at the expense of poor women. That is the outrage.

The cool thing is that by the douche move by the now ousted PP CEO - she succeeded in doing what Planned Parenthood has been trying to do for years. Show exactly how wide ranging and helpful their service are. Before the aforementioned politically motivated douche moved targeted at preventing underprivileged clients from accessing potentially life saving screening many saw Planned Parenthood as being primarily about abortions. Now many people are more knowledgeable. (the ones that care about REAL information)

But again, please be intellectually honest about why they donated elsewhere. By the way, I know people who would not feel comfortable donating to PP - they pulled their support for SGK (because of the targeting of underprivileged women in need of breast screening and mammogram referral)and gave to other cancer charities.

Please remember this was about SGK folks jumping ship. Planned Parenthood may have reaped the benefit. But it was about SGK donors having a WTF moment. Donors personally invested in seeing breast cancer obliterated - saw the most defenseless group - the poor and working poor - targeted as a political ploy.

I get it, I just don't agree with you.... I think the whole thing was stupid.. i think you overstate what PP is and does.. and it's quite clear you prioritize PP.. the business.. over other more important concerns.
( stop with the "wide ranging services" propaganda... my family practitioner offer more wide ranging services than PP ever has .. he just doesn't do abortions.)

why you folks idolize PP is beyond me.. but folks are free to worship what they will.

1.)the facts, well, i'm not opposed to them whatsoever.... it was their position of "parents don't matter, they should be kept out of their children's life" that pissed me off.... it's what turned me off to PP to begin with.
that, and "sex is always good and wonderful.. go have as much sex as you like"...

2.) it would have been fine if they just believed that, but they used their political arm to legislate that position all over this country.....they actively and successfully lobbied to remove parents from the equation.
and taht.. exactly that, is why i won't let any of their people near my kids 9 my kids are all growed up, but still)

if i had to nail it down to basics, I'd say that PP are Anti-parenthood, and Anti-parent... and because parenting is the most important responsibility i have on this earth and my kids are the most important people on this planet to me ( as well as my wife)I say, to hell with PP... they are not welcome in my family.

secondarily, they promote abortion and they scoff at abstinence( preferring the "sex is always great" agenda)

1.) well of course i cant claim to know what is taught everywhere but in my experience nothing like that was taught. Im talking sex ed class. information about how sex works and how to have it safe if you have it but try not to.
2.) again not familiar with anything you are discussing
3.) based on what again in my experience all family was welcome and they talked about family planning also if you do have a kid.
4.) again only my experience but abortion wasnt promoted at all, not even a little. It was mentioned as an option but the goal was to avoid unwanted pregnancy and how to family plan if you have a child and abstinence wasnt scoffed at either, nor was it ever said sex is always great.

so sorry, dont know whant you personally experienced but ive never seen or heard any of that at the sex ed i went to or when ive been at their facilities, twice for friends.

Is there a story youd like to tell

I get it, I just don't agree with you.... I think the whole thing was stupid.. i think you overstate what PP is and does.. and it's quite clear you prioritize PP.. the business.. over other more important concerns.
( stop with the "wide ranging services" propaganda... my family practitioner offer more wide ranging services than PP ever has .. he just doesn't do abortions.)

why you folks idolize PP is beyond me.. but folks are free to worship what they will.

nobody is idolizing PP we just dont buy the lies about it and see it for what it actually is, a health care facility.

like ive mentioned earlier there are 5 25 miles from me only one does abortions, if i go further out there are 10 within 100 miles of me, still only one does abortions.

according to some of the lies and nonsense posted here by the dishonest and severely uneducated about this topic (not saying you because i dont know your stance) what could those 9 other places be doing? I mean if PP is just a murderous evil hit man service and a killing machine why do those 9 others exists? lol

sorry the extremist can try and bash them all they want but the fact remains they are a healthcare org that does a lot of good.

are thier poor ones and poor employees amoung them? yep thats been proven just like every org out there.

just saying

1.) well of course i cant claim to know what is taught everywhere but in my experience nothing like that was taught. Im talking sex ed class. information about how sex works and how to have it safe if you have it but try not to.
2.) again not familiar with anything you are discussing
3.) based on what again in my experience all family was welcome and they talked about family planning also if you do have a kid.
4.) again only my experience but abortion wasnt promoted at all, not even a little. It was mentioned as an option but the goal was to avoid unwanted pregnancy and how to family plan if you have a child and abstinence wasnt scoffed at either, nor was it ever said sex is always great.

so sorry, dont know whant you personally experienced but ive never seen or heard any of that at the sex ed i went to or when ive been at their facilities, twice for friends.

Is there a story youd like to tell

sure, there's a story i'd like to tell, i always have stories i like to tell... but it's a waste of time... we both know that.

I'm sincerely glad you are stoked about volunteering, though :)

1.)sure, there's a story i'd like to tell, i always have stories i like to tell... but it's a waste of time... we both know that.

I'm sincerely glad you are stoked about volunteering, though :)

1.) its not a waste of time depending on your goal.
Ive never seen or experienced anything like you talk of and im curious if it comes from any facts or personal real life experiences. If it did that does matter to me

of course it wont change me about wanting to participate in healthcare programs and sex ed for my youth groups but thats only because i havent personally come across what you were talking about, if i did i would be on board with you and highly against it

2.) so far i really am BUT it could change, maybe ill come across something i do not like and that will be the end of that

"Prioritize" PP? Huh? They are an organization that serves and underserved an financially strapped population. They accept sliding scale payment. Poor getting health care (albeit focused and not all encompassing) is a good thing.

But priorty?

Hmmm.

A priority would be to knock Obamacare to the curb and get healthcare for all. Single payer.

When this country has millions of people trying to "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" and cannot afford adequate healthcare? In this country??That is FITH of epic proportions

"Prioritize" PP? Huh? They are an organization that serves and underserved an financially strapped population. They accept sliding scale payment. Poor getting health care (albeit focused and not all encompassing) is a good thing.

But priorty?

Hmmm.

A priority would be to knock Obamacare to the curb and get healthcare for all. Single payer.

When this country has millions of people trying to "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" and cannot afford adequate healthcare? In this country??That is FITH of epic proportions

yes, prioritize.... as in, assign your concern for the business above other more pressing concerns or more worthy endeavors.

I'm sorry you don't like Obamacare... but that's what you are stuck with... learn to love it and support your President and local PP affiliate
I, too, oppose it.. primarily because it was a vast giveaway to corporations who do not treat a single medical malady
secondarily, it has no hopes of reining in healthcare costs ( it gives billions to the very people who increase those costs)
3rd, it punishes those whom would have the audacity to pay for more comprehensive plans
4th, ....well nevermind... there's not enough room here to go into it all.

I think y'alls time would be better spend worshiping those organizations that do better work.
organizations that do not charge their disadvantaged patients, organization that do not realize high profits while "employing" free labor and demanding government subsidies though their political action committees
maybe support the organization who treat people because they need and deserve treatment, rather than treating them in order to profit.
organization that do not pay their leadership increasingly high salaries.. like 400K a year for a PP president who has never once treated anyone for anything ( really? a political activist leads that show and y'all don't seem to mind one bit?)

my wife donates lavishly to free clinics and free clinic associations... because, well, they actually need the help.. they need the support... they need the devotion.
these clinics do not know what it means to profit( PP is highly profitable)... they are continually underfunded .. and they still don't charge their patients ( funding is exclusively through donations), they don't push a political agenda, and they don't manipulate.. they have no nationwide campaign arm .. no fundraising chapters.. no political lobbyists... no exorbitant profits ( PP's profit margin is 9%... which any business would be jealous of.. even the sort that work very hard to profit))
they are just doctors and nurses doing the work that needs to be done... and y'all choose to devote your time and energy to a highly successful, politically minded, business that doesn't need your help ( they surely want it though...it's big money..over a billion a year)
these doctors and nurses aren't out there trying to sell obamacare ... because, well, they don't profit from it... the government is not handing these folks bundles of cash for signing people up for something that will put more money into their coffers, they are too busy treating people and hoping and praying they'll be able to remain open to treat them again.

that's what I have in mind when i talk trash about y'alls priorities being off... to me, the devotion to PP is no different than a person being devoted to WalMart or Exxon ( PP's profit margin is higher than both walmart and Exxon... combined....)
( note.. PP is legally a non-profit, so they don't call it profit.... they call it " excess of revenues over expenses"..which means, literally,profit... and they don't pay taxes on those "excesses")

and to Agent J, consider this for a second, and keep in mind that i applaud your effort to volunteer your time and labor( it's very important that you do, and it's very good for others and your own soul).... PP doesn't need it, they merely want your free labor.... they have plenty of revenue to pay for labor.
at the end of the day ,they will charge someone for your labor... maybe the patient, maybe the insurance providers, maybe the government, but someone will pay PP for your labor... you're the only one that will lose out.
entertain the idea of volunteering somewhere that actually needs your labor and your skills and won't profit off of your sacrifice...... it's at least food for thought, hopefully.

yes, prioritize.... as in, assign your concern for the business above other more pressing concerns or more worthy endeavors.

I'm sorry you don't like Obamacare... but that's what you are stuck with... learn to love it and support your President and local PP affiliate
I, too, oppose it.. primarily because it was a vast giveaway to corporations who do not treat a single medical malady
secondarily, it has no hopes of reining in healthcare costs ( it gives billions to the very people who increase those costs)
3rd, it punishes those whom would have the audacity to pay for more comprehensive plans
4th, ....well nevermind... there's not enough room here to go into it all.

I think y'alls time would be better spend worshiping those organizations that do better work.
organizations that do not charge their disadvantaged patients, organization that do not realize high profits while "employing" free labor and demanding government subsidies though their political action committees
maybe support the organization who treat people because they need and deserve treatment, rather than treating them in order to profit.
organization that do not pay their leadership increasingly high salaries.. like 400K a year for a PP president who has never once treated anyone for anything ( really? a political activist leads that show and y'all don't seem to mind one bit?)

my wife donates lavishly to free clinics and free clinic associations... because, well, they actually need the help.. they need the support... they need the devotion.
these clinics do not know what it means to profit( PP is highly profitable)... they are continually underfunded .. and they still don't charge their patients ( funding is exclusively through donations), they don't push a political agenda, and they don't manipulate.. they have no nationwide campaign arm .. no fundraising chapters.. no political lobbyists... no exorbitant profits ( PP's profit margin is 9%... which any business would be jealous of.. even the sort that work very hard to profit))
they are just doctors and nurses doing the work that needs to be done... and y'all choose to devote your time and energy to a highly successful, politically minded, business that doesn't need your help ( they surely want it though...it's big money..over a billion a year)
these doctors and nurses aren't out there trying to sell obamacare ... because, well, they don't profit from it... the government is not handing these folks bundles of cash for signing people up for something that will put more money into their coffers, they are too busy treating people and hoping and praying they'll be able to remain open to treat them again.

that's what I have in mind when i talk trash about y'alls priorities being off... to me, the devotion to PP is no different than a person being devoted to WalMart or Exxon ( PP's profit margin is higher than both walmart and Exxon... combined....)
( note.. PP is legally a non-profit, so they don't call it profit.... they call it " excess of revenues over expenses"..which means, literally,profit... and they don't pay taxes on those "excesses")

and to Agent J, consider this for a second, and keep in mind that i applaud your effort to volunteer your time and labor( it's very important that you do, and it's very good for others and your own soul).... PP doesn't need it, they merely want your free labor.... they have plenty of revenue to pay for labor.
at the end of the day ,they will charge someone for your labor... maybe the patient, maybe the insurance providers, maybe the government, but someone will pay PP for your labor... you're the only one that will lose out.
entertain the idea of volunteering somewhere that actually needs your labor and your skills and won't profit off of your sacrifice...... it's at least food for thought, hopefully.

Wow. You put a lot of words in my mouth I didn't even say or infer.

1.) who says they dont need it?
2.) who says they will "charge for it"
3.) i factually wont losing anything
4.) i already volunteer other places, my school district, i coach, help run a youth group and now in the future hopefully i can do this. They have volunteer programs at the hospitals and other places but typically what you can do is limited, not my cup of tea or seasonal/event based.

im interested in this because it will help me work with youths which i love and i can do put reach programs at all the other places i already volunteer to spread the knowledge of their healthcare.

if im volunteering prooperly EVERY place will profit off of me

sorry i just dont buy into the hype that PP is evil and doesnt help people simple for the reason there zero FACTUAL evidence to support those false claims. But like i told you ill keep my eyes open and if i would see even half of the what you described that would be the end of my services. But id bet big money and i also hope that will never happen.

1.) who says they dont need it?
2.) who says they will "charge for it"
3.) i factually wont losing anything
4.) i already volunteer other places, my school district, i coach, help run a youth group and now in the future hopefully i can do this. They have volunteer programs at the hospitals and other places but typically what you can do is limited, not my cup of tea or seasonal/event based.

im interested in this because it will help me work with youths which i love and i can do put reach programs at all the other places i already volunteer to spread the knowledge of their healthcare.

if im volunteering prooperly EVERY place will profit off of me

sorry i just dont buy into the hype that PP is evil and doesnt help people simple for the reason there zero evidence to support those false claims. But like i told you ill keep my eyes open and if i would see even half of the what you described that would be the end of my services. But id bet big money and i also hope that will never happen.

well, ok.. don't entertain it then... no sweat off my back.

well, ok.. don't entertain it then... no sweat off my back.

theres nothing to entertain because nothing fits my criteria of helping youths and doing out reach programs

Back
Top Bottom