• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 13, Closing Arguments (Thursday 7/11)[W:202]

Boy, I just joined in. I'm amazed at what I've heard so far. I would think (?) the beginning was better, but what I'm listening to now is ranting and raving...

The defense is going to do MUCH better.

This is not a slam-dunk by any means. I'm worried. One never knows what a jury is going to do. But I have a great deal of confidence in the defense statement strategy.

"the shot and the yelling stops"...........yyyyyyyyyyyyyyep Bernie it COULDN"T mean the attack stopped, it can ONLY mean TM could no longer yell.

Case close proof beyond a REASONABLE doubt in my mind!!! Awesome closing Bernie!!

Just when I thought he was coming around...

Piers Morgan @piersmorgan

Very, very powerful prosecution closing argument in #zimmermantrial on CNN right now.

That was so bad, it suggests the Prosecution may be saving something stronger for the rebuttal closing argument, although they still don't seem to have a theory of the case at all.

My impressions, that was a VERY VERY POWERFUL.............. defense closing argument, creating an unending LITANY of reasonable doubt.

Anyone know how long his closing was? Just wondering how much of the original 3 hours they have left for rebuttal closing tomorrow.

That was so bad, it suggests the Prosecution may be saving something stronger for the rebuttal closing argument, although they still don't seem to have a theory of the case at all.

But SKITTLESSSSSSSS!!!!!! That he BOUGHTTTTTTTT!!!!!! He was SKINNYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

There's an attorney who has been commenting on the trial on CNN and HLN. Her name is Sunny. She thinks that the 6 female jurors find John Guy "dreamy" and they love whatever he says. He's doing the rebuttal.

But SKITTLESSSSSSSS!!!!!! That he BOUGHTTTTTTTT!!!!!! He was SKINNYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

You forgot the , "SKITTLES!!!! <slam on the table>.............that he DIDN"T EVEN STEAL!!!! ..........

There's an attorney who has been commenting on the trial on CNN and HLN. Her name is Sunny. She thinks that the 6 female jurors find John Guy "dreamy" and they love whatever he says. He's doing the rebuttal.

You would be best to comment on that theory than I.

You would be best to comment on that theory than I.

I think he's handsome, but I'm not a moronic, brainless woman who believes everything a really handsome guy says.

I think that Bernie did a good job convincing the jury that there is reasonable doubt that GZ might not be innocent. But, unfortunately for Bernie, it suppose to work the other way around. Epic fail.

I do think, however, GZ is as guilty as sin, but that's only a hunch. If I was on the jury, based on trial testimony and evidence, I would have to vote for acquittal. And the defense hasn't even made their closing arguments yet. Heck, the defense should just say, "nothing further you Honor," and get this thing over with.

On a side note ----- ever since we saw that gym trainer testify, I thought he looked like someone else. I finally got it this afternoon as I was driving home from an errand. He totally reminds me of Anthony Weiner! LOL!

I think he's handsome, but I'm not a moronic, brainless woman who believes everything a really handsome guy says.

Why not? I have never lied to you. LOL!

You forgot the , "SKITTLES!!!! <slam on the table>.............that he DIDN"T EVEN STEAL!!!! ..........

lol. For a little while there I thought he might start flipping over tables... perhaps chokeslam a juror or two.

Anyone know how long his closing was? Just wondering how much of the original 3 hours they have left for rebuttal closing tomorrow.

Just heard 2:15. S o, John Guy will have 45 minutes for rebuttal.

On a side note ----- ever since we saw that gym trainer testify, I thought he looked like someone else. I finally got it this afternoon as I was driving home from an errand. He totally reminds me of Anthony Weiner! LOL!

The martial arts trainer struck me as someone with a bad case of Napoleon Syndrome.

that flushing sound is bernie's career going down the toilet
really looking forward to the defense closing tomorrow for comparison

anybody see sharon?

Re: Day 13, Closing Arguments (Thursday 7/11)

"Can I help you" is a GREAT way to allay suspiscion and conserve police resources.

Did it myself just the other day when I discovered a probable tweaker checking out my house and car.

He dissembled and moved along.

The dog going off when she noticed probably helped too.

Of course speaking to M increases the chance he'll get away.

He was following a suspicius person. Any neighborhood watch rulebook will tell you observe and report. It does not say stop and ask if he needs a ride or some other nonsense.

BdlR early in his closing paraphrased, TM only had minor injuries to his one hand, GZ had NONE, you heard a witness testify you could hit someone and not have injury to your hand.

BdlR later in his closing paraphrased again, WHERE ARE THE INJURIES TO GZ's ........HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if he's telling the truth about this struggle, did he just lay there and take it?

Re: Day 13, Closing Arguments (Thursday 7/11)

He was following a suspicius person. Any neighborhood watch rulebook will tell you observe and report. It does not say stop and ask if he needs a ride or some other nonsense.

I literally laughed out loud at that point. Bernie just admitted being suspicious around your neighborhood was legal and he even said "a good thing".

In the next breath he says......"he could have asked TM if he needed a ride"??!

Dunno about you, but if I'm suspicious of someone........I'm PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRobably NOT going to ask them if they need a ride.

The same people who are arguing GZ should have "barricaded" himself in his vehicle because, after all he'd called the police, are the same ones that support, "he could have asked him if he needed a ride" or "can I help you carry your groceries".

Oh well.

Please Take note: According to Bernie, if you don't steal skittles, you just couldn't have beat this guy's head in :roll:

"he had skittles.............that he didn't even steal".................... seriously??????

Did BDLR really say that? I haven't had a chance to see the closing yet. If he said that then I have to ask who was profiling whom.

Did BDLR really say that? I haven't had a chance to see the closing yet. If he said that then I have to ask who was profiling whom.

Bingo!!! and yes that was a DIRECT quote. It was an embarrassingly non professional statement for an Assistant State Attorney to make, in a criminal trial or off the cuff.

Back
Top Bottom