• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

David Hogg accepted to Harvard

Gee. Laura Ingraham looks the ass again. Imagine that!

Capture.jpg

She looks like an ass every day. No wonder she's a Trump supporter. It's in her DNA to be a moron.

you mock conservatives all the time-how do they hurt you? you call people who voted for Trump "Fools" and yet you complain when those of us who tired of having anti gun extremists blame us for the acts of criminals, lampoon a guy like Hogg who constantly lies about guns and gun owners.

Why are you so devoted to Trump knowing full well how anti-gun he was for decades?

She looks like an ass every day. No wonder she's a Trump supporter. It's in her DNA to be a moron.

BTW, her radio show is over.....hopefully the TV show will follow. She is a nasty little harridan.

BTW, her radio show is over.....hopefully the TV show will follow. She is a nasty little harridan.

She is. When I was a brainwashed Republican I always watched/listened to her, and even then I knew she was full of ****.

I would say the "special talent" was being able to articulate the personal outrage of being a victim of yet another school shooting while everyone in charge offers thoughts and prayers and rallies behind the NRA. As if the NRA is the victim here. Obviously he did a very very good job, considering the sputtering outrage of the gun nut segment of the country.

And PS...if you want to make claims about conservatives being locked out of Harvard, you do need to find at least one to prove your case. JMO, but you quite obviously don't get it al all.

The bolded above is not a talent, at least not one that should gain you entrance to Harvard but I guess they can do as they wish. What Hogg should really be outraged about is the utter failure of law enforcement and others to prevent this shooting when red flags abounded that Cruz was big trouble. The NRA is the easy target, the popular target but they are not the reason this shooting happened, not in the least.

That is not the process. You might like that to be the process but it is not. I suggest you take a look at a book written in 2002 when Hogg was maybe 2 years old...called The GateKeepers....Inside the Admissions Process of a Premier College. That is only the tip of the iceberg. It is a crazy idea that college admissions are based solely on "academic credentials" however badly those are demonstrated by test scores and GPAs. School administrator's recommendations of demonstrated leaders carry great weight (as they should) along with other demonstrated abilities not measured by grades. Really, I offer my advice for you to get over this, it is not "liberal privilege" any more than liberals might be more open to seeing the very many ways individuals demonstrate superior accomplishment.

I have nothing to get over. Someone saw fit to bring up this topic as a way to attack Laura Ingraham as if she overlooked the obvious superior qualities of Hogg. I simply see no such superior qualities. I see a guy who has taken a position liberals like and those liberals seem to think that is sufficient reason to get into Harvard. It is what it is.

Hogg has spoken out against the Gun Nuts in the NRA...He has experienced their insane ideology of unrestricted access to high powered Military weapons.....That is his "special talent"...Good enough for me...Way to go Mr Hogg

Thanks for proving my point. Having the same position on guns as liberals now makes people Harvard worthy. It says much about Harvard.

I have nothing to get over. Someone saw fit to bring up this topic as a way to attack Laura Ingraham as if she overlooked the obvious superior qualities of Hogg. I simply see no such superior qualities. I see a guy who has taken a position liberals like and those liberals seem to think that is sufficient reason to get into Harvard. It is what it is.

Laura Ingraham jeered that David Hogg had been rejected at some California colleges. Considering her own questionable activities when she was of college age, it led to some seeing her as the mean spirited bitch she is. Shutting her up for a few days was an accomplishment that is admired by many. ;)

If I'd known then what I know now, I would've gotten my GED at 15 or so and gone on with my life. I did attend college with young people who'd done just that, and as soon as I met the first of them, I was all "Gee--I could've had a V8!" ;)

I found out a GED did not hold me back for anything.
When i noticed my son struggled hard for a project and only got a D grade because his teacher did not like his ethnic heritage (Cajun), I told him if he studied and got a GED I would pay for a two year Electrician's program for him at a local community college.
He did and I did.

Chris Rock got his too and he calls it a " Good Enough Diploma ".

Seizing his 15 minutes?

Why is that the characterization?

Perhaps people should consider the possibility that he wasn't just trying to become famous, but rather was actually passionate about gun control after watching his classmates gunned down in front of him by a damaged lunatic. It'd be better than trying to attack his character. Classier, too.

That is a myth. He was not there when the shooting occurred. he did not see anyone "gunned down".
He showed up later.

This does not take away the fact he probably knew a few of them. That in itself is tragic enough.
...but sticking to the facts is important and he was not there when the shootings happened and did not see anyone "gunned down".
He showed up later.

I got a cousin in Henderson, works at CNB. I guess you work at one of the hotels there?

I was a regional manager (housekeeping) for a national hotel chain.
I had to medically retire due to an unexpected illness when I lived in Deer Park, TX.
I had property up here, so when i sold the house, I just turned the second house into my last house.

I have always enjoyed the peace of these piney woods.
What better place to spend your last years, and work on fulfilling your bucket list.
I am between Henderson and J'ville.

Got no problem meeting one day for lunch.
Never too late to make a new real-time friend.
Those are the ones that count.

The bolded above is not a talent, at least not one that should gain you entrance to Harvard but I guess they can do as they wish. What Hogg should really be outraged about is the utter failure of law enforcement and others to prevent this shooting when red flags abounded that Cruz was big trouble. The NRA is the easy target, the popular target but they are not the reason this shooting happened, not in the least.

NRA with their crocodile tears are part of the swamp that Trump built.

The Right are meanwhile busy trying to build an ideological moat around Harvard.

Harvard admitting David Hogg further confirms the university's leadership role in the world. And the Right's active reactionary role they pursue compulsively in it. The bitterness is palpable over there.

That is a myth. He was not there when the shooting occurred. he did not see anyone "gunned down".
He showed up later.

This does not take away the fact he probably knew a few of them. That in itself is tragic enough.
...but sticking to the facts is important and he was not there when the shootings happened and did not see anyone "gunned down".
He showed up later.

Completely untrue.

But you don’t care.

I found out a GED did not hold me back for anything.
When i noticed my son struggled hard for a project and only got a D grade because his teacher did not like his ethnic heritage (Cajun), I told him if he studied and got a GED I would pay for a two year Electrician's program for him at a local community college.
He did and I did.

Chris Rock got his too and he calls it a " Good Enough Diploma ".

And it IS good enough. One of the two people I knew well in college who'd taken GEDs was working on his Master's in math at 20; the other completed her Ph.D. in linguistics at 23 or 24. Another, whom I met when he married my friend 12 years ago, dropped out because he had to. Dad died young, leaving six little kids, and they were so poor that the meat on the table was what the ittle boys could hunt with slingshots. Brings tears to my eyes every time I think of how David learned to make robin stew.

But he went to work for the local Ford dealership's service department (18 years), took his GED, and continued to educate himself, including teaching himself calculus, which blows my mind. He holds at least three patents for off-shore wenches, retired in his 50's, and now races his Mustang Cobras all over the country just for the fun. His idiot mother-in-law has nothing to do with him because he doesn't even have a college degree and is therefore "unworthy" of her daughter. What a fool.

Remember the eloquent survivor of that Florida school mass shooting?

(I know.. it’s been a year ago and we have had so many mass shootings it’s hard to keep track)

His name is David Hogg, and he’s just indicated he will be attending Harvard next year.

Twitter

This is the kid Laura Ingraham mocked for getting rejected to a few colleges in California that he applied to, because her love of school shooting freedoms temporarily blinded her from normal adult decorum.

I’m guessing he got into Yale, too, but he’s not that much of an ass to accept, and he will enter Harvard under the hat of a political science major.

His SAT and GPA were certainly not of the caliber to get him consideration via the usual channels. Usually to get accepted at an Ivy with scores like that, you need to be a legacy or like Jared Kushner, you need a criminal parent to donate lots of money.

Link to a more official news source:

Parkland survivor David Hogg going to Harvard after mocked by Fox host

Obama had no wealthy family member to get him into Harvard, and he, like Hogg, lacked the high scores for admittance. But wealthy Middle Eastern Muslims stepped up to foot the bill. No wonder Obama showed tenderness towards Muslims. He owed them a lot.

Obama had no wealthy family member to get him into Harvard, and he, like Hogg, lacked the high scores for admittance. But wealthy Middle Eastern Muslims stepped up to foot the bill. No wonder Obama showed tenderness towards Muslims. He owed them a lot.

Seriously?

Liars go to hell, you know. 9th commandment, in case you forgot.

Holy Mary Mother of God!

Laura Ingraham jeered that David Hogg had been rejected at some California colleges. Considering her own questionable activities when she was of college age, it led to some seeing her as the mean spirited bitch she is. Shutting her up for a few days was an accomplishment that is admired by many. ;)

Mean spiritedness is not something liberals need to be attacking others for. Matthew 7:3 comes to mind.

NRA with their crocodile tears are part of the swamp that Trump built.

The Right are meanwhile busy trying to build an ideological moat around Harvard.

Harvard admitting David Hogg further confirms the university's leadership role in the world. And the Right's active reactionary role they pursue compulsively in it. The bitterness is palpable over there.

When you are handed accolades for being a liberal and shouted down and scorned for being a conservative and this happens regularly in academia and in the media, it tends to engender bitterness. I wonder why liberals can't compete in the arena of ideas with rational debate. Their reflexive hatred of the NRA and belief that if they somehow disappeared we'd never see another mass shooting, is simply vapid and childish. The NRA had zero to do with the multiple failures of others to stop the Parkland shooting. Attacking them as an answer is the popular and lazy response. But hey, it'll get you into Harvard.

What About What About Obama......Funny to see trump supporters still so afraid of him.....................Good

Ignorance of the truth does not make someone right to call others liars for telling the truth.

The truth???....Some non sense from infoWars?......Mr Hogg will continue to be an activist....against everything you believe...Watch and See

What About What About Obama......Funny to see trump supporters still so afraid of him.....................Good

Hypocritical democrats do not like their hypocrisy being pointed out by comparing their criticisms of Trump with their support for past democrats who did the same thing they criticize Trump for.

Back
Top Bottom