• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Current TV Series You'd Like To Recommend

Give it a try. Slow burn for sure. I so wanted to turn it off during the first 30 mins but then got caught up in the why.

Skarsgard does indeed steal the show. However, I would call this show a social commentary on oppression and bureaucracy, as it's about life under the empire, something that's never especially touched on in any of the other shows or movies. We gave it 9/10.

Which "we" was that -- the royal "we"?

We (my wife and I) started Severance and it's off to an extremely good start.

The Last of Us premieres Jan 15.

Inspired from a video game and another surviving a zombie apocalypse story. Both negatives, but since it's a HBO show I'm willing to give it a shot.

Anybody seen this show, and what did you think of it?

Just started Pachinko, great stuff on Apple TV, and the best opening credits I've seen in a while.

Oh, you are gonna love it.

It gets weird, and then really weird and really really weird.

And, baby goats.

I have to think the show was inspired by Soma.

The English (2022). I didnt care much for the characters, but I do love Westerns, and it had enough twists and turns to keep me interested. Rating: 7.5/10

Barbarians Season 2 (2022) It picks up after the Roman defeat in Teuteburg Forest. The first episodes didnt look very realistic and became even more simplistic, so I read up on it to see what others thought. It turns out that the historcial consultants quit because the show no longer bothered to go with historical accuracy and went with pure fiction instead. Im not gonna bother watching the rest since its just a fantasy now. Rating DNF.

A Spy Among Friends (2022) British historical thriller about the defection of MI6 top spy Kim Philby to the Soviets during the Cold War. This could have been a good show, but the pacing is very slow, and a bunch of woke stuff gets shoehorned into it. In the end I kept watching, hoping it got better. It did not. Rating: 4/10

Best sci-fi and fantasy of 2022:

The Expanse, Andor, The Peripheral, Severance, and Orville. Love, Death and Robots is also something you should check out, though it's a collection of individual stories so you're going to get a pretty wide range from "meh" to "holy crap that was amazing." If you only watch one episode then make sure it's The Very Pulse of the Machine.

Avoid Outer Range. While the premise and the production are all very good, the show was canceled after the first season so you'll never get the answers to the Lost-style mysteries they create.

Fantasy: Sandman and Witcher.

I'm not prepared to add Wheel of Time to this list quite yet because I have some problems with the cohesion of the narrative, which may or may not be fleshed out in later seasons.

Best sci-fi and fantasy of 2022:

The Expanse, Andor, The Peripheral, Severance, and Orville. Love, Death and Robots is also something you should check out, though it's a collection of individual stories so you're going to get a pretty wide range from "meh" to "holy crap that was amazing."

Avoid Outer Range. While the premise and the production are all very good, the show was canceled after the first season so you'll never get the answers to the Lost-style mysteries they create.

Fantasy: Sandman and Witcher.

I'm not prepared to add Wheel of Time to this list quite yet because I have some problems with the cohesion of the narrative, which may or may not be fleshed out in later seasons.
Outer Range was renewed. The one with JK Simmons and Sissy Spacek was cancelled.

Outer Range was renewed.

Is this a recent development? Because I learned a few months ago that it was canceled.

If the show was renewed then I'll definitely get back into it.

The one with JK Simmons and Sissy Spacek was cancelled.

Yeah, that was alright. It didn't hold me for long though.

Is this a recent development? Because I learned a few months ago that it was canceled.

If the show was renewed then I'll definitely get back into it.

Yeah, that was alright. It didn't hold me for long though.

Spoilers in this article. Don't read if you don't want the spoilers.

Came across “Hunters” last night. The Nazi angle was the hook. The first episode was very strange and we almost bailed. We hung on and it got better. We finished the second episode and will revisit tonight. I find it a little comic books or campy, but with entertaining characters and a wild plot line, 7.5/10 so far…

Came across “Hunters” last night. The Nazi angle was the hook. The first episode was very strange and we almost bailed. We hung on and it got better. We finished the second episode and will revisit tonight. I find it a little comic books or campy, but with entertaining characters and a wild plot line, 7.5/10 so far…

I 'watchlisted' that last yr but it got pretty poor reviews so never watched it. Please keep me posted.

Along with pretty much everyone else, I'm highly recommending Wednesday on Amazon Prime or HULU.

Really good.

If you are a fan of zombie stuff, I cannot recommend The Last of Us on HBO enough! I was admittedly skeptical about Bella Ramsey's portrayal as Ellie, but man, she sold me almost immediately. Pedro Pascal is freaking awesome as Joel.

They've put so much care into the show; it looks like the high-budget Walking Dead show I've always wanted. It's by far and away the best video game adaption of anything I've seen before.

9/10 so far.

I 'watchlisted' that last yr but it got pretty poor reviews so never watched it. Please keep me posted.
Did the next two, (3&4,) and the jury’s out…..

If you are a fan of zombie stuff, I cannot recommend The Last of Us on HBO enough! I was admittedly skeptical about Bella Ramsey's portrayal as Ellie, but man, she sold me almost immediately. Pedro Pascal is freaking awesome as Joel.

They've put so much care into the show; it looks like the high-budget Walking Dead show I've always wanted. It's by far and away the best video game adaption of anything I've seen before.

9/10 so far.
Ive heard good things about it, so thanks for the tip! I'll wait until the season finishes so I can binge it.

I know it’s a year or two old. “1883” We started last evening because of all the flap about “Yellowstone.” We had a hard time figuring out the correct order, chronologically, the “1883” and “1923” parts were easy…;)

First two episodes are very good, if slow paced. Sam Elliott in a western role, what’s not to like? I was surprised at the Tim McGraw character, well acted and cast, don’t think I’ve ever seen him in anything before. Only a few placing I was picking holes in the plot. WEe didn’t do real extensive research on the cast and it is neat to see the glimpse of Tom Hanks aor a longer glimpse of Billy-Bob Thornton. Holding my attention, so far

9/10 so far.

Thought 2003 outbreak sequences were excellent and at times very intense. Really liked young actor Nico Parker as Sara Miller in the 2003 timeline, kinda wish she would've been cast as Ellie but I'm fine with Bella. The rest of the first episode was alright, mostly introducing the main characters which makes perfect sense to do.

Not a gamer, so I'm definitely not as invested in the story and characters as fans of the video game at this point. Hoping it evolves/leads into something abit different than other survival/dystopian type shows or movies have already covered. Confident in HBO making the show worth watching.

Thought 2003 outbreak sequences were excellent and at times very intense.
Absolutely. The one shots were absolutely wild; must've taken a lot to put that together properly.

Really liked young actor Nico Parker as Sara Miller in the 2003 timeline, kinda wish she would've been cast as Ellie but I'm fine with Bella.
Yeah, Nico Parker was absolutely great. Really did a fantastic job.

The rest of the first episode was alright, mostly introducing the main characters which makes perfect sense to do.

Not a gamer, so I'm definitely not as invested in the story and characters as fans of the video game at this point. Hoping it evolves/leads into something abit different than other survival/dystopian type shows or movies have already covered. Confident in HBO making the show worth watching.

Apparently the episode was originally supposed to be split into two, but they merged it as one. The pacing certainly suffered a bit, but that was probably the right choice to move the story along.

Back
Top Bottom