• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Covid Boosters

Its true. Getting vaccinated is a covid magnet.
Brazen ****ing lie that you know you can't back up. You aren't fooling anyone. The actual data on this is immensely clear.

Right wingers lie about everything.

Brazen ****ing lie that you know you can't back up. You aren't fooling anyone. The actual data on this is immensely clear.

Right wingers lie about everything.
The vaccine does not decrease the risk of infection.

You'd change your smug, complacent attitude soon enough if you got infected, I can guarantee that much.
Or, if he infected a loved one that is immuno compromised.

Complete lack of empathy.

The vaccine does not decrease the risk of infection.
lol running away from your previous claim at speeds that would make The Flash jealous.

The sad part is you know exactly how pathetic that looks, you just don't care. It has never been about debate.

This has been debunked. The vaccines have long been proven to be extremely effective at preventing people from dying from COVID-19.
Effective against the ancestrial variant and Delta. I doubt they have any real effectiveness against Omicron. My coworker in the next office over has now had Covid three times, with the latter two being Omicron. He was fully vaxxed and boosted prior to the last two infections. Omicron while being more contagious is not as deadly as the previous variants. Most, vaccinated or not are getting mild cases of Omicron. I look forward to the variant specific vaccines.

Reactions: lwf
Effective against the ancestrial variant and Delta. I doubt they have any real effectiveness against Omicron. My coworker in the next office over has now had Covid three times, with the latter two being Omicron. He was fully vaxxed and boosted prior to the last two infections. Omicron while being more contagious is not as deadly as the previous variants. Most, vaccinated or not are getting mild cases of Omicron. I look forward to the variant specific vaccines.
I do as well. Though, the data suggests that the vaccine is effective at protecting one from mild cases of Omicron, but the effectiveness wanes dramatically as the severity of the infection increases and the time between boosters increases. In other words, it will protect you from mild exposure to Omicron, but won't effectively protect you from a major exposure to Omicron if it has been too long since your last booster. It is far better at protecting you from a major exposure to the Delta variant. We certainly need to improve the effectiveness of the vaccine against the Omicron variant, but the vaccinated are still less likely to get Omicron than the unvaccinated.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.10...icate that vaccine,second dose of any vaccine.

I do as well. Though, the data suggests that the vaccine is effective at protecting one from mild cases of Omicron, but the effectiveness wanes dramatically as the severity of the infection increases and the time between boosters increases. In other words, it will protect you from mild exposure to Omicron, but won't effectively protect you from a major exposure to Omicron if it has been too long since your last booster. It is far better at protecting you from a major exposure to the Delta variant. We certainly need to improve the effectiveness of the vaccine against the Omicron variant, but the vaccinated are still less likely to get Omicron than the unvaccinated.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2119451#:~:text=Our findings indicate that vaccine,second dose of any vaccine.
Based on what I have seen with infections at work,I don't agree with many of the claims made in the article. We will just have to agree that the variant specific booster coming out next month will be a game changer.

Reactions: lwf
Based on what I have seen with infections at work,I don't agree with many of the claims made in the article. We will just have to agree that the variant specific booster coming out next month will be a game changer.
Well..obviously your experience " at work"
Is far more reliable than medical experts!!!

Well..obviously your experience " at work"
Is far more reliable than medical experts!!!
Take it or leave it. The omicron cases at work were individuals who were double vaxxed and boosted.

The Food and Drug Administration is expected to authorize new Covid-19 booster shots this week without a staple of its normal decision-making process of completed human testing.

Is this wise? Makes me want to wait a while before getting a 2nd booster shot, in case some people's keisters fall off. :eek:

Isn't this a bit like tweaking the flu vaccine every year? They don't need to do large human trials for that.

Just follow your doctor's advice. Get the booster.

I'll leave it.
I prefer to get medical information from medical experts https://www.aha.org/news/headline/2...s-3-5-times-more-likely-get-omicron-infection
I am double vaxxed and double boosted and will get the variant specific booster when it comes out probably next month. I just lack any real faith that the vaccines and boosters I have taken have any preventive effect in regards to the Omicron variants. Too many of my coworkers, also double vaxxed and boosted have become infected,.

I would advise anyone considering the booster to wait for the variant specific version to come out...just weeks away.
You should instead advise everyone to talk to their doctor because for some..waiting until the variant specific booster is available in their area may increase their risk of catching covid and dying .

I am double vaxxed and double boosted and will get the variant specific booster when it comes out probably next month. I just lack any real faith that the vaccines and boosters I have taken have any preventive effect in regards to the Omicron variants. Too many of my coworkers, also double vaxxed and boosted have become infected,.
Yes I understand now. Ultimately you know that the medical experts are right ..but to fit into the right wing tribe..you have to act like the vaccines don't work in some way. As if your tiny miniscule limited experience is more powerful than research with thousands of vaccinated people vs unvaccinated..

You should instead advise everyone to talk to their doctor because for some..waiting until the variant specific booster is available in their area may increase their risk of catching covid and dying .
My bet is most doctors will advise them to wait for the coming omicron specific variant. It's just a matter of weeks.

Yes I understand now. Ultimately you know that the medical experts are right ..but to fit into the right wing tribe..you have to act like the vaccines don't work in some way. As if your tiny miniscule limited experience is more powerful than research with thousands of vaccinated people vs unvaccinated..
No acting required. I have seen too many vaccinated individuals getting infected with Omicron. I look forward to the booster coming out in weeks. I give all due respect to medical experts, however they do not always get it right.

Isn't this a bit like tweaking the flu vaccine every year? They don't need to do large human trials for that.
It's more than likely safe enough though the long-term effects if any are yet determined.
Personally, I haven't found the annual flu shot that effective either. They seem to always miss including the newest strain circulating.

Personally, I haven't found the annual flu shot that effective either.
No offense.. but so what? Your personal gut feeling doesn't provide valuable information. The data does.

No offense.. but so what? Your personal gut feeling doesn't provide valuable information. The data does.
And we know the data is never wrong.

What FDA approved drugs cause cancer?
  • Fluoxetine and Paroxetine. The two drugs are classified as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. ...
  • Zantac. This is one of the most popular heartburn medications in the US. ...
  • Losartan and Valsartan. ...
  • Proton Pump Inhibitors.

Back
Top Bottom