• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Corey Lewandowski out as Trump campaign manager

As somebody who has managed successful public office campaigns - and a few not successful - my sympathies go out to Lewandowski. However, he seemed badly out of his depth at this level and probably had served his purpose and could contribute nothing more.

It is not going to change the Trump campaign in any substantive way so this is really no big news as changes they made a while ago with Paul Manafort pretty much supplanting him and his role.
Yep, agreed.

My short take: Mr. Lewandowski was over his head & out of his league, not able to successfully transition the campaign out of the rarefied atmosphere of the GOP Primary and into the wider audience of the general.

You dont show up with any evidence but I do know that Don and Ivanka have the strongest father/daughter thing going on in like forever. Some people think it is creepy, but I think it is awesome. Interesting that Trump did not want Ivanna to work much, at points said that she not being home to make him dinner was a factor in the divorce, yet he encourages Ivanka to work very long hours.

For those wondering why he was fired, it seems that ivanka didn't like him because he was planning on sh*tting on her husband whom she had been grooming for a huge position inside a potential trump cabinet. In the article, it seems she convinced trump to fire him because of some hit piece that was going to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told you it was in your article. Did you actually read the whole thing??? Maybe you just need to be spoonfed, by someone other than Trump himself.

Contributing to Ivanka Trump's recent dissatisfaction with Lewandowski were intensifying tensions between Lewandowski and Ivanka Trump's husband, Jared Kushner, an influential force behind the scenes. One source said rumors swirled that Lewandowski had attempted to plant negative stories in the press about Kushner -- a final straw for Ivanka Trump.

It was ultimately Ivanka Trump who sat down with her father on Sunday and convinced him to let Lewandowski go -- even offering an ultimatum of sorts about her own continued involvement with the campaign, according to sources with knowledge of this conversation.
The development suggests that Kushner -- who is already involved in building a transition team for Donald Trump should he win the White House in November -- could play an increasingly prominent role in guiding the Trump campaign.

I told you it was in your article. Did you actually read the whole thing??? Maybe you just need to be spoonfed, by someone other than Trump himself.

I put it up when it was a short news flash, the article was vastly expanded later, updates that I have not been following as I have long barely used CNN for good reason. I wanted to be first, and I found the first snip up at CNN, so that is what I used. .

"In the article" does not tell me which one, as I put up one early from The Hill as well, sure I could have gone fishing but it would have been considerate of you to bring a quote to the table.

Also, I can do without your accusation that I am stupid, it does not advance the conversation.

I put it up when it was a short news flash, the article was vastly expanded later, updates that I have not been following as I have long barely used CNN for good reason. I wanted to be first, and I found the first snip up at CNN, so that is what I used. .

"In the article" does not tell me which one, as I put up one early from The Hill as well, sure I could have gone fishing but it would have been considerate of you to bring a quote to the table.

Also, I can do without your accusation that I am stupid, it does not advance the conversation.

So the answer to my question, is no you didn't read it. I didn't need a poor long excuse from you that doesn't make your reasons for not reading the article any better whatsoever. I want to be first is frankly a lazy excuse and it is stupid to ask a question one of your sources answers!!!

You would know this if you actually read the articles instead of posting them just to be first lolz

So the answer to my question, is no you didn't read it. I didn't need a poor long excuse from you that doesn't make your reasons for not reading the article any better whatsoever. I want to be first is frankly a lazy excuse and it is stupid to ask a question one of your sources answers!!!

You would know this if you actually read the articles instead of posting them just to be first lolz

I read it fully when I posted it, I have not read all of the updates, as I said clearly.

This seems to be a personal problem for you, but I have lost interest.

:bon_voyag

Jared Kushner, another rich son of another real estate developer. Jared Kushner, who donated over $100,000 to Democratic candidates over a 14 year period (kind of like his "Republican" father in law). Trump is taking advice from him now?

Lewandowski probably wanted to expose Kushner as the Democrat that he is, and Trump didn't want his devoted loyalists to have to see the ugly truth about what a bunch of snakes that entire bunch is.

Yep, agreed.

My short take: Mr. Lewandowski was over his head & out of his league, not able to successfully transition the campaign out of the rarefied atmosphere of the GOP Primary and into the wider audience of the general.

I disagree. This wasn't Lewandowski's first rodeo, although it was his first POTUS campaign, I believe. He's been a well known political operative for a few decades. I first met the guy almost 20 years ago.

Besides, he was perfect for Trump's campaign. He's belligerent, divisive, and sneaky. He fit Trump like fingers in a glove.

Jared Kushner, another rich son of another real estate developer. Jared Kushner, who donated over $100,000 to Democratic candidates over a 14 year period (kind of like his "Republican" father in law). Trump is taking advice from him now?

Lewandowski probably wanted to expose Kushner as the Democrat that he is, and Trump didn't want his devoted loyalists to have to see the ugly truth about what a bunch of snakes that entire bunch is.

I am thinking Corey is smart enough to in fact not go over the line in objecting to members of the Trump family. That is not something that Don would put up with.

I disagree. This wasn't Lewandowski's first rodeo, although it was his first POTUS campaign, I believe. He's been a well known political operative for a few decades. I first met the guy almost 20 years ago.

Besides, he was perfect for Trump's campaign. He's belligerent, divisive, and sneaky. He fit Trump like fingers in a glove.

One day in late January of last year, Hicks was summoned to Trump's office. There she found Michael Cohen, Trump's ball-busting attorney, and Sam Nunberg, a nervy political adviser and protégé of Trump confidant Roger Stone. On the speakerphone was Corey Lewandowski, a journeyman operative whom Trump had just hired for a purpose unclear to Hicks.

Hope Hicks: The Mystifying Triumph of Donald Trump'''s Right-Hand Woman | GQ

This is part of a great piece on Campaign PR boss (as much as Trump has let anyone be his PR person) Hope Hicks, well worth the read. This is another position that needs an upgrade.

What's the relevance of "journeyman operative" in blue?

I was supporting

He's been a well known political operative for a few decades.

It was not all about you though, I like the piece on Hicks, think it is a good window into Trump and wanted to publicize it. It is brand new, I expect I am the only one here who has read it.

Last edited:
I was supporting

I first met him I think in 2001 when he headed up Senator Bob Smith's re-election campaign. Smith ended up losing to John Sununu the younger, whose father was George HW Bush's chief of staff. Corey was very young then, very hungry and ambitious. I didn't like him but I respected his drive and initiative. Then he made some pretty ugly mistakes and it turned me away from Smith and on to Sununu.

I read it fully when I posted it, I have not read all of the updates, as I said clearly.

This seems to be a personal problem for you, but I have lost interest.

:bon_voyag

You could have went back and checked the article before accusing me of making things up! Of course, I take issue with someone accusing me of making things up. I quoted your source.

He gave a long laid-back interview on CNN where he still believes in "Letting Trump be Trump", and he presented himself as adamant that Trump continue doing exactly the same things in the general that had gotten him through the primary. So I really don't see Lewandowski 'getting-it', or pivoting or moderating at all.

He may have experience, but here he seems unable to see a realistic path forward, unlike what I suspect Paul Manafort would present.

But this is my conjecture.

Anyway, here's an interesting article (who knows of it's accuracy):

NYMag: After Months of Loyalty, Trump Finally Decided to Fire His Campaign Manager After a Bad Answer at a Meeting

He gave a long laid-back interview on CNN where he still believes in "Letting Trump be Trump", and he presented himself as adamant that Trump continue doing exactly the same things in the general that had gotten him through the primary. So I really don't see Lewandowski 'getting-it', or pivoting or moderating at all.

He may have experience, but here he seems unable to see a realistic path forward, unlike what I suspect Paul Manafort would present.

But this is my conjecture.

Anyway, here's an interesting article (who knows of it's accuracy):

NYMag: After Months of Loyalty, Trump Finally Decided to Fire His Campaign Manager After a Bad Answer at a Meeting

I'm not going to bet my mortgage that Manafort will have any success turning that hideous maniac into a gentleman. Trump is now, always was, and always will be nothing but a loud mouthed, arrogant know nothing. Like I said, Corey was perfect for him. Corey is also loud mouthed and arrogant. That's the Trump brand.

I'm not going to bet my mortgage that Manafort will have any success turning that hideous maniac into a gentleman. Trump is now, always was, and always will be nothing but a loud mouthed, arrogant know nothing. Like I said, Corey was perfect for him. Corey is also loud mouthed and arrogant. That's the Trump brand.

If anyone can get Trump where he needs to be it is Manafort. Trump is most certainly not stupid, I think he knew 2 months ago that Corey was not the one, but he hoped that Corey and Manafort could figure out a way to be a team. And I think Manafort tried though I am not sure how much Lewandowski did. There have been so many reports of Corey driving turf wars.

Interesting article though, isn't it?

Very Trump-like, if accurate!

If anyone can get Trump where he needs to be it is Manafort. Trump is most certainly not stupid, I think he knew 2 months ago that Corey was not the one, but he hoped that Corey and Manafort could figure out a way to be a team. And I think Manafort tried though I am not sure how much Lewandowski did. There have been so many reports of Corey driving turf wars.
Manafort may at least give the GOP establishment some hope.

But I don't see anyone corralling Trump. I saw you 'liked' donsutherland's post; his post might be pointing to the root of the problem (Trump).

You dont show up with any evidence but I do know that Don and Ivanka have the strongest father/daughter thing going on in like forever. Some people think it is creepy, but I think it is awesome. Interesting that Trump did not want Ivanna to work much, at points said that she not being home to make him dinner was a factor in the divorce, yet he encourages Ivanka to work very long hours.

One he can trust and the other he couldn't.

Manafort may at least give the GOP establishment some hope.

But I don't see anyone corralling Trump. I saw you 'liked' donsutherland's post; his post might be pointing to the root of the problem (Trump).

Time will tell, but as you know according to me we are into Gravy Time, Don has already done yeoman's service in support of the rebellion.

Back
Top Bottom