• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Corey Lewandowski out as Trump campaign manager

Doesn't surprise me as June has been a bad month for Trump. I don't think dumping Lewandowski will help though, as the 'June Swoon' is mostly Trump firing off his weapons grade stupid.

To be fair, he didn't say multiple assault charges, he said in a bit of wordsmithing: "Multiple accounts of assault". That could mean that multiple people saw a single account or that there were reports of multiple instances. I see nothing legal in the choice of words.

Same difference.

That's a good, fairminded post. Bit, it doesn't a dress the, "multiple assault charges", allegation.

I really cannot find one assault that Lewandowski committed - let alone multiple ones.

In their classic work, Manias, Panics, and Crashes, Charles P. Kindleberger and Robert Z. Aliber observed:

"Bubbles always implode; by definition a bubble involves a non-sustainable pattern of price changes or cash flows."

A similar sentiment could well apply to political manias during which voter passions produce early success for a candidate who is unfit for office and lacks policy solutions for the nation's challenges. A populist mania fueled by anger and ignorance led Trump to triumph over a badly-fragmented Republican field to become the Republican Party's presumptive nominee.

Trump never had much of a campaign staff. He never assembled a team of policy experts. He lacked a fundraising capacity needed to underwrite a national campaign. Worst of all, he was undisciplined, lacked the kind of leadership experience required for office, had very little understanding of policy, and possessed even less interest to learn from those who possessed the requisite experience and expertise. Trump was a classic case of a political bubble or fad.

A piece in The Washington Post showing polling trends, including comparisons with prior Republican nominees, suggests that the "Trump bubble" may now be in the early stages of bursting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ers-behind-a-very-bad-month-for-donald-trump/

As a result, the Trump campaign is has fallen into a state of panic. It announced its dismissal of Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski this morning. However, the campaign's looming implosion has much less to do with its staff than it has with the candidate himself. Confronted with the start of the kind of more rigorous due diligence process that typically unfolds with the onset of the general election campaign, the Trump candidacy, like all short-lived fads that have no connection to the candidate's qualities and qualifications now appears to be fading.

Trump's lack of credible policy solutions coupled with his fatal flaws as a candidate will very likely doom his prospects in November, even as it still appears very likely that he will limp to the Republican nomination in Cleveland. His formal nomination will very likely be Trump's last victory. In November, the nation's electorate will very likely sweep his candidacy into an historical footnote. He will become the kind of "loser" he despises, and the label he has so ruthlessly hurled at others will define him.

Perhaps afterward, he may try to monetize a new book. One possible title might be, The Art of the Failed Campaign. If he wants more universal appeal, a broader title, The Art of Failure, might be more fitting.

Most excellent news. Yet more proof of the unraveling of his 'campaign' through rank incompetency.

But the True Believers will see this as somehow, magically, a positive development.

I'm not a Trump fan, but it shows the ability to adapt.

Meanwhile, the DNC is still trotting out that grotesque bitch, Debbie Wasserman. Good gosh, she's a conniving shrew of epic proportions.

Why women would support her and Hillary is beyond me. Those cackling jokes are embarrassments to their gender.

Most excellent news. Yet more proof of the unraveling of his 'campaign' through rank incompetency.

But the True Believers will see this as somehow, magically, a positive development.

Yeah...cults do that.

In their classic work, Manias, Panics, and Crashes, Charles P. Kindleberger and Robert Z. Aliber observed:

"Bubbles always implode; by definition a bubble involves a non-sustainable pattern of price changes or cash flows."

A similar sentiment could well apply to political manias during which voter passions produce early success for a candidate who is unfit for office and lacks policy solutions for the nation's challenges. A populist mania fueled by anger and ignorance led Trump to triumph over a badly-fragmented Republican field to become the Republican Party's presumptive nominee.

Trump never had much of a campaign staff. He never assembled a team of policy experts. He lacked a fundraising capacity needed to underwrite a national campaign. Worst of all, he was undisciplined, lacked the kind of leadership experience required for office, had very little understanding of policy, and possessed even less interest to learn from those who possessed the requisite experience and expertise. Trump was a classic case of a political bubble or fad.

A piece in The Washington Post showing polling trends, including comparisons with prior Republican nominees, suggests that the "Trump bubble" may now be in the early stages of bursting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ers-behind-a-very-bad-month-for-donald-trump/

As a result, the Trump campaign is has fallen into a state of panic. It announced its dismissal of Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski this morning. However, the campaign's looming implosion has much less to do with its staff than it has with the candidate himself. Confronted with the start of the kind of more rigorous due diligence process that typically unfolds with the onset of the general election campaign, the Trump candidacy, like all short-lived fads that have no connection to the candidate's qualities and qualifications now appears to be fading.

Trump's lack of credible policy solutions coupled with his fatal flaws as a candidate will very likely doom his prospects in November, even as it still appears very likely that he will limp to the Republican nomination in Cleveland. His formal nomination will very likely be Trump's last victory. In November, the nation's electorate will very likely sweep his candidacy into an historical footnote. He will become the kind of "loser" he despises, and the label he has so ruthlessly hurled at others will define him.

Perhaps afterward, he may try to monetize a new book. One possible title might be, The Art of the Failed Campaign. If he wants more universal appeal, a broader title, The Art of Failure, might be more fitting.

sound observations and predictions
causes me to reflect on the one GOP candidate i more feared would receive the party's nod: ted cruz
he had the smart, national apparatus that the donald lacked
only could not pull it off because he was missing an interesting personality
a melding of the two would have been scary ... and unbeatable by team hillary

I'm not a Trump fan, but it shows the ability to adapt.

Meanwhile, the DNC is still trotting out that grotesque bitch, Debbie Wasserman. Good gosh, she's a conniving shrew of epic proportions.

Why women would support her and Hillary is beyond me. Those cackling jokes are embarrassments to their gender.

No, not really. Wasserman Schultz is out. Democrats Replace Debbie Wasserman Schultz With Clinton's Pick To Run DNC

Looks like Clinton is returning the to '50 states strategy' that Schultz opted out of.

Corey Lewandowski out as Trump campaign manager - CNNPolitics.com

A LOT of people have been saying for months that Trump needed to upgrade, I hope this means that he is.

For those wondering why he was fired, it seems that ivanka didn't like him because he was planning on sh*tting on her husband whom she had been grooming for a huge position inside a potential trump cabinet. In the article, it seems she convinced trump to fire him because of some hit piece that was going to come out.

Trump always favors family over everyone else hence the cold hearted nature of the campaigns official notice leaving little details on why he was fired.

Trump obviously has not hired the best people like his true believers expected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same difference.

Sorry, it isn't. If you are going to be a stickler for what things say, then it applies to you as well.

He said: "Multiple accounts of assault"
You said: "multiple assault charges"

When you use quotes, they should be quotes which yours is not. They don't mean the same thing

Yawn. So what? Schutz is out, and it can only help the dems.

Don't let that frighten you.

A: It's a UNION STOOGE running the DNC. The amusement factor for me is huge.

B: The thought of TRUMP winning scares me as much as a Union Stooge in charge of the DNC amuses me... no it's scarier by a factor of 5...

I wonder if Lewandoski was fired for
A. Trump's big slide in the polls
B. Trump's big slide in the polls.

I guess they can pin it on Lewandoski but the truth is Trump is doing it to himself. Every day he makes a comment and it could be within hours or even the next day and he walks back those comments. Not exactly a stellar attribute you want in a president.

For those wondering why he was fired, it seems that ivanka didn't like him because he was planning on sh*tting on her husband whom she had been grooming for a huge position inside a potential trump cabinet. In the article, it seems she convinced trump to fire him because of some hit piece that was going to come out.

Trump always favors family over everyone else hence the cold hearted nature of the campaigns official notice leaving little details on why he was fired.

Trump obviously has not hired the best people like his true believers expected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You dont show up with any evidence but I do know that Don and Ivanka have the strongest father/daughter thing going on in like forever. Some people think it is creepy, but I think it is awesome. Interesting that Trump did not want Ivanna to work much, at points said that she not being home to make him dinner was a factor in the divorce, yet he encourages Ivanka to work very long hours.

Last edited:
It means that Trump's presidential run is unraveling. Great news!

No more so than Trumps large number of business failures proves that he is a bad businessman....AKA not at all.

Will not stop those who dont like Trump from trying to float the BS though....

Doesn't surprise me as June has been a bad month for Trump. I don't think dumping Lewandowski will help though, as the 'June Swoon' is mostly Trump firing off his weapons grade stupid.
:lamo

"Felony stupid", is also a term that comes to mind!

Putting together the right force structure is always a positive development, and it has long been clear that Cory is the wrong guy. You go the wrong way here, but then you dont like Trump, so maybe your glasses are foggy.

THe negative thing here is that Trump did not do this 6 weeks ago, that he was loyal to a fault.

You need a blog - a *real* blog!

Stuff like this is too good to be buried in internet forum threads!

Donald Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski’s abrupt firing Monday came down to a battle of ultimatums.

And ultimately, Lewandowski lost.

Paul Manafort, the veteran operative who since March has been amassing influence inside Trump HQ, recently telegraphed through third parties he would be gone in 48 hours if Trump didn’t oust Lewandowski, who'd run his campaign from the outset. Manafort was fed up with battling Lewandowski and let the campaign know the two of them "just couldn't get along."

From there, it became a family affair. Trump’s daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner didn’t want to lose Manafort, believing him to be the more experienced hand to guide the campaign into the general election.

They convinced Trump to keep him – and the only way to do that, given Manafort’s terms, was to dump Lewandowski.

Faced with a choice, Trump chose Manafort.

Source: Trump adviser's ultimatum prompted move to oust Lewandowski | Fox News

Ya ok, this makes sense. Manafort is very good at what he does, and he tried to make Trumps desire to keep Corey work. Coming down to a ultimatum to get Trump to do what he should have done 6 weeks ago is problematic. More than I thought Coreys trajectory shows how loyal Trump is to guys (and women too, jesus) he thinks have done a good job.

Back
Top Bottom