• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Constitution Promotes Ignorance

There is no freedom of speech. I can't tell you how many times I've had my comments deleted or I've been banned because of something I said.

Being banned by a private site is different from Government restrictions.

I have a haphazard theory that the freedoms in the constitution force one to ignore other people and take away one's right to complain. Ultimately, freedom of religion means a bizarre respect given to religions. Every right in the constitution issues an ultimatum: either you ignore something or stage a counter-protest to that thing.

The thing you don't seem to understand...also the thing that negates your whole thread...is that the Bill of Rights doesn't force anyone to do anything. It only applies to the government.

Now...if you are one of those who want to use the government to make people do things, then I can see how you might be irritated at the limitations the Bill of Rights places on your agenda. Too bad.

You don't like it, then change the Constitution. Whining about it, however, is a tad bit pathetic, don't you think?

Being banned by a private site is different from Government restrictions.
Actually there is little difference. My comments have been deleted by several sites because someone did not agree with me. We are restricted in what we get to say. That's not freedom of speech.

Actually there is little difference. My comments have been deleted by several sites because someone did not agree with me. We are restricted in what we get to say. That's not freedom of speech.

The constitution limits the government, not a private website.

Only a dimwit would think otherwise.

There is freedom of speech.

The constitution limits the government, not a private website.

Only a dimwit would think otherwise.

There is freedom of speech.
Tell that to Paula Deen or Mel Gibson. They would agree with me.

lol what the hell?
Paula Deen got her show cancelled because of something she said. And Mel Gibson faced ridicule for something he said. They had no freedom to say what they wanted. And please do not call me names. That violates forum rules.

Paula Deen got her show cancelled because of something she said. And Mel Gibson faced ridicule for something he said. They had no freedom to say what they wanted. And please do not call me names. That violates forum rules.

I didn't call you names, I said only a dimwit would believe in such a thing. I didn't violate the rules.

Also, they did have freedom to say what they wanted because even though they faced repercussions those repercussions were not from the government. The whole idea of freedom of speech is that we can say what we want, protest what we want, etc. without fear of being prosecuted by the government. That is the premise of free speech.

That doesn't mean that I won't ever face ridicule for what I say nor would I never be taken off a show for acting stupid. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with that.

I didn't call you names, I said only a dimwit would believe in such a thing. I didn't violate the rules.

Also, they did have freedom to say what they wanted because even though they faced repercussions those repercussions were not from the government. The whole idea of freedom of speech is that we can say what we want, protest what we want, etc. without fear of being prosecuted by the government. That is the premise of free speech.

That doesn't mean that I won't ever face ridicule for what I say nor would I never be taken off a show for acting stupid. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with that.
People who protest get arrested all the time, in many cases face charges and are prosecuted.

Usually because their protests are violent and deserved to be shut down.
You posted a thread called "Say hello to the newest moron on DP." I find this offensive. Take it down.

You posted a thread called "Say hello to the newest moron on DP." I find this offensive. Take it down.

It's in the basement, you'll understand what that means in about a couple weeks. That is assuming one lasts long enough without getting banned.

It's in the basement, you'll understand what that means in about a couple weeks. That is assuming one lasts long enough without getting banned.
Why would I be banned. You're the one doing the name calling and posting secret offensive threads about people. Not me.

Why would I be banned. You're the one doing the name calling and posting secret offensive threads about people. Not me.

:lmao

SOrry, I can't talk about anything posted in the basement up here. THAT is against the rules.

:lmao

SOrry, I can't talk about anything posted in the basement up here. THAT is against the rules.
Why am I arguing with a 15 year old? Go pop a zit or something.

Not if they had even the slightest bit of understanding of constitutional rights.

You can't ban an idea... short of government instantaneously killing a religious person that shows themselves and destroying anything religious that they have there is no way to ban not seeing it nor hearing it. That is why it is freedom of religion. You are free to not practice religion just as much as others are free to practice their religion.

freedom of religion is the to being able to make a choice of 2......an exercise to do or not to do.

freedom from religion is only a "separation from it"

if the founders had used the word "from" there would be those who would make the claim, they should be free to not hear it of see it....which in turn would violate the right of free expression of others....which is point i am making and why the founders would never use the word "from"

Why do leftists hate individual rights so?

really the "right of property" is what the left does not like.

everything about you is property, and many on the left do not like people to use /run their property if it does not fall within the collective idea.

with right of property it allows the people via freedom to attain wealth and run it according to their own dictates, which does not sit well within the collective idea.

one of the things part of the collective idea is equality By law......which is unconstitutional.... one reason the left wants to control business.

Last edited:

What do either of them have to do with it?

And the Constitution does limit the government. That was one it's major points.

your shorts comings on rights......is a very sad situation.

Why can't you answer simple questions that arise from your own posts?

exactly what rights does property have?

so sad, your not able to understand.

Nah, it's willful ignorance. If it was actual ignorance, it would be understandable. It's not much different that putting a pillow over one's head and attempting to smother one's self. But hey, it's fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom