• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives more susceptible to believing falsehoods

it shows!!! Daily, just watch 5 minutes of the national news.

Still don't give a crap about GWB. Trump built is into a net oil supplier.

You might want to follow that advice yourself.

Of course you don't give a crap about GWB. Father Trump ordered you not to like him anymore.

I have done research. Unlike the idiots, I've been saying for decades that the POTUS doesn't control gas prices. No POTUS. But now we have Trump's devoted flock claiming Biden is controlling gas prices, and we point and laugh at them.

Which means what? We were the fastest snail in the race? BFD.
It means his policies performed best despite the efforts of Republicans to thwart him at every turn. Financially based recessions are the most difficult to recover from. The last one was the Great Depression.

Nonsense. Obama had the worst recovery since WW II. GDP in his last year was 1.6%, he added 5.5 trillion to the debt in his first four years - until GOP re-took the House and exerted a little adult supervision. The stock markets add 10-15% in the two months after Trump's election, which was about the same as Barry had rung up in the previous ten months. Trump lowered unemployment by almost 25% in his first two years and hit record lows for women and people of color.

Oh, we're enjoying a dramatic V-shaped recovery based on the foundations Trump installed. So far it's even been strong enough to endure the FUBAR Biden and crew have generated.
There was no sudden economic gain when Trump was elected. The Biden recovery continued unchanged.
I know you would love to think that Trump actually accomplished some economic growth, but the fact is that, not only didn't he bring about economic growth, but his policies brought about a dramatic increase in the national debt. Whereas Biden's spending stimulated a lagging economy, Trump's accomplished nothing.

Nonsense. Obama had the worst recovery since WW II. GDP in his last year was 1.6%, he added 5.5 trillion to the debt in his first four years - until GOP re-took the House and exerted a little adult supervision. The stock markets add 10-15% in the two months after Trump's election, which was about the same as Barry had rung up in the previous ten months. Trump lowered unemployment by almost 25% in his first two years and hit record lows for women and people of color.

Oh, we're enjoying a dramatic V-shaped recovery based on the foundations Trump installed. So far it's even been strong enough to endure the FUBAR Biden and crew have generated.
I think most of us are quite aware of the way many of you conservatives/republicans view the economies of both democrat and republican presidential administrations:

If things are looking south during the term of a republican, it's the delayed effect of the failed policies of the prior democratic administration.

If things are looking up during the term of a democrat, its due to the ongoing effects of the stellar economic policy of the preceding republican administration.

Or in short: republican -good; democrat- bad.

I think most of us are quite aware of the way many of you conservatives/republicans view the economies of both democrat and republican presidential administrations:

If things are looking south during the term of a republican, it's the delayed effect of the failed policies of the prior democratic administration.

If things are looking up during the term of a democrat, its due to the ongoing effects of the stellar economic policy of the preceding republican administration.

You guys seem to cling to this mythology since Obama turned in a substandard performance and now Biden is heading down the same point. And just so we're clean I wasn't a total fan of GWB, either.

Maybe on of these days dems will have a President less interested in checking off progressive talking points and more interested in actual sound actions. Watch for the signs.

pigs fly.jpg

Here's what his hero had to say about how the economy does under Democrats compared to Republicans, back in the day before he had to pander to people like him:

In sum, American conservatives in the early 21st century are uniquely likely to hold political misperceptions. This is due, in large part, to characteristics of the messages circulating in the political information environment. Widely shared accurate political news disproportionately advances liberal interests, while viral falsehoods most often promote conservative interests. Together, these characteristics contribute to stark ideological differences in citizens’ ability to distinguish between truths and falsehoods about high-profile topics. This pattern may be exacerbated by the fact that liberals tend to experience bigger improvements in sensitivity than conservatives as the proportion of partisan news increases.

You guys seem to cling to this mythology since Obama turned in a substandard performance and now Biden is heading down the same point. And just so we're clean I wasn't a total fan of GWB, either.

Maybe on of these days dems will have a President less interested in checking off progressive talking points and more interested in actual sound actions. Watch for the signs.

View attachment 67347060
Truth sucks doesn't it?

Remember the Obama phones and gas? Just putting this in because people tend to believe the bs politicians are pumping. Iow, get off your partisan horse.
Didn't realize a scientific study into the ideologies of conservatives constituted a partisan horse:

In sum, American conservatives in the early 21st century are uniquely likely to hold political misperceptions. This is due, in large part, to characteristics of the messages circulating in the political information environment. Widely shared accurate political news disproportionately advances liberal interests, while viral falsehoods most often promote conservative interests. Together, these characteristics contribute to stark ideological differences in citizens’ ability to distinguish between truths and falsehoods about high-profile topics. This pattern may be exacerbated by the fact that liberals tend to experience bigger improvements in sensitivity than conservatives as the proportion of partisan news increases.

There are those on the left who believe in falsehoods, anti-vaxxers and those into essential oils. Snake oil salesman are apolitical.
of course you are right, but we ARE talking about which party is MORE perceptible to political misconceptions:
"American conservatives in the early 21st century are uniquely likely to hold political misperceptions."

To whit:
which side believes the 2020 election was stolen
which side believes climate change is a hoax
which side predominately is promoting non-masking
which side wants to outlaw abortion and crush planned parenthood

and those who stormed the Capitol - were they liberals or conservatives?

Shutting off the keystone pipeline didn't help, that was one of the Bidenhole's first acts - punishing us for voting for

Trump. That's okay, though, when we get rid of the hyena we'll throw him out of office, too.
Do you believe that if Biden had not shut down the keystone pipeline, we would be burning that fuel in our cars today? That oil was years away from the market, and even when completed would have been sold on the world market, and would have no effect on the price at the pump in the US.

of course you are right, but we ARE talking about which party is MORE perceptible to political misconceptions:
"American conservatives in the early 21st century are uniquely likely to hold political misperceptions."

To whit:
which side believes the 2020 election was stolen
which side believes climate change is a hoax
which side predominately is promoting non-masking
which side wants to outlaw abortion and crush planned parenthood
and those who stormed the Capitol - were they liberals or conservatives?
Are those supposed to be misconceptions. You need to work on that.

Looser rules due to COVID caused lax election oversight and there is evidence of tampering in multiple states.
Climate science tells us that climate change is slow.
Masking is of some value, but mandatory masking is not greatly effective
Protecting innocents is supposed to be a good thing
It's hard to storm the Capital without weapons

I do not agree with all of that, but they are legitimate arguments. You call them misconceptions. I call it rational choice.

Do you believe that if Biden had not shut down the keystone pipeline, we would be burning that fuel in our cars today? That oil was years away from the market, and even when completed would have been sold on the world market, and would have no effect on the price at the pump in the US.

No, I dont believe that.

Not to butt in but the poster you quoted was accurate.
Having read some of your posts I'll stick with my original statement.

But the bottom line is that was unnecessary.

No, I dont believe that.
You are free to believe whatever you wish, reality however is that the oil would go on the world market at the prevailing price, it was not going to be kept here for our exclusive use.

You are free to believe whatever you wish, reality however is that the oil would go on the world market at the prevailing price, it was not going to be kept here for our exclusive use.

We'll never know, will we?

I highly doubt it. These kinds of studies are complex and depend heavily on correct assumptions and methodology. This makes them very easy to be tainted by bias, as is much of science these days.

Back
Top Bottom