• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives more susceptible to believing falsehoods

It sure did. It sprung back big time. Do some actual research.
I've done the research and your posts are full of shit. Gas prices are seasonal, always have been seasonal, and always will be seasonal. Were you born yesterday that you don't know this simple fact?

Nonsense. Obama had the worst recovery since WW II.

So what? It was still a recovery. Just saying it was the “worst” recovery doesn’t make it bad this is just propaganda. You fell for it because Obama doesn’t have white skin.

GDP in his last year was 1.6%, he added 5.5 trillion to the debt in his first four years - until GOP re-took the House and exerted a little adult supervision.

So what? Trump added 7.8 trillion to the debt but I suppose he gets a pass because he has white skin.

A lot of Conservatives I've met are unaware of their overconfidence in many areas. Our former President was a prime example. All show and no go.

A lot of them are television-preacher-watching evangelicals who think slapping someone on the forehead and saying devil begone can cure someone of Covid.

Combine that with the lack of educational opportunities in a rural environment and you end up with a very ignorant population.

The best solution to this problem is to invest in the educational infrastructure of these areas. The federal government can do this.

Are those supposed to be misconceptions. You need to work on that.

Looser rules due to COVID caused lax election oversight and there is evidence of tampering in multiple states.
Climate science tells us that climate change is slow.
Masking is of some value, but mandatory masking is not greatly effective
Protecting innocents is supposed to be a good thing
It's hard to storm the Capital without weapons

I do not agree with all of that, but they are legitimate arguments. You call them misconceptions. I call it rational choice.
so the Capitol buildings were NOT stormed? SAY WHAT?

I highly doubt it. These kinds of studies are complex and depend heavily on correct assumptions and methodology. This makes them very easy to be tainted by bias, as is much of science these days.
IF that is your argument, NO scientific study will ever appear to you as untainted and unbiased, but maybe reading about the study, the methodology used might help you:

I highly doubt it. These kinds of studies are complex and depend heavily on correct assumptions and methodology. This makes them very easy to be tainted by bias, as is much of science these days.
The difference is that conservatives have a lot more sources of fake news than liberals do.

Are those supposed to be misconceptions. You need to work on that.

Looser rules due to COVID caused lax election oversight and there is evidence of tampering in multiple states.
Climate science tells us that climate change is slow.
Masking is of some value, but mandatory masking is not greatly effective
Protecting innocents is supposed to be a good thing
It's hard to storm the Capital without weapons

I do not agree with all of that, but they are legitimate arguments. You call them misconceptions. I call it rational choice.
Total bullshit.
Pretty stupid for Trumpers to continue claiming "evidence" of election fraud/tampering given the number of times you folks have been given the opportunity to produce the supposed evidence, and failed miserably.

And tell the officers who were maced and beaten with hockey sticks that there were no weapons at the Capitol on 1/6. And of course you delusional folks actually have no idea how many weapons the Trump crazies were carrying that day.

What about my link?
What about YOUR link? Did you - and be honest here - actually READ your link or only the headline?

From your link:
"The researchers found some asymmetries, however. Conservatives who scored high in faith intuition (i.e., those who tend to think with their gut instincts) had higher perceptions of the legitimacy among fake news, although this variable had little effect on the judgments of liberals. The researchers suggest that conservatives may be most susceptible on average to fall prey to fake news stories, considering that they are the group most likely to be exposed to such material online, and they are also the group with the highest average levels of faith in intuition."

Neither your link nor mine says Liberals are never "susceptible to believing falsehoods" but that Conservatives are more so!

I could also say that it appears we Liberals are better at assimilating information and understanding the nuances of any studies or facts presented.

That wouldn't make them more inherently susceptible.
I don't need a study, I just have to read comments on debate forums and the arguments made by so-called "conservatives" to know they are absolutely loony tunes.

I mean:

Deep State?
Jewish space lasers?
Stolen elections?
Secret Societies?
White Genocide?
Qanons?
Flat Earth Society?
Holocaust Denial?
Vaccines cause more harm than Covid?
Jesus is a white dude?
George Soros?

Need I go on?

Im willing to bet this exists in pendulum form .. .where it varies from time to time with different parties/groups being more guilty than others at times.

But yes "CURRENTLY" 8/8/21 the conservatives have a clear stranglehold on believing baths insane tinfoil hat information

also to be very clear though, im talking about the extremists . . . millions of those on the rights mock stolen elections claims and qanon etc so it is ALL
You might be right about those o the right but not those who belong to the GOP. THe GOP members believe in the stolen election in polls by 70%.

so the Capitol buildings were NOT stormed? SAY WHAT?
Storming implies overcoming perimeter resistance with violence. They literally walked through an open door with no pushback until well after they were inside.

Total bullshit.
Pretty stupid for Trumpers to continue claiming "evidence" of election fraud/tampering given the number of times you folks have been given the opportunity to produce the supposed evidence, and failed miserably.

And tell the officers who were maced and beaten with hockey sticks that there were no weapons at the Capitol on 1/6. And of course you delusional folks actually have no idea how many weapons the Trump crazies were carrying that day.
So you are claiming sworn statements are not evidence. Good to know.

There is plenty of evidence to show it happened. What they have not been able to do is quantify the tampering.

I don't need a study, I just have to read comments on debate forums and the arguments made by so-called "conservatives" to know they are absolutely loony tunes.
I mean:

Deep State?
Jewish space lasers?
Stolen elections?
Secret Societies?
White Genocide?
Qanons?
Flat Earth Society?
Holocaust Denial?
Jesus is a white dude?
George Soros?

Need I go on?
One would be a start. When can we expect it?

I mean:

Deep State?
Jewish space lasers?
Stolen elections?
Secret Societies?
White Genocide?
Qanons?
Flat Earth Society?
Holocaust Denial?
Jesus is a white dude?
George Soros?

Need I go on?
Anecdotal

Storming implies overcoming perimeter resistance with violence. They literally walked through an open door with no pushback until well after they were inside.
Why do people post moronoic lies like this like there's not videos and pictures and news reports that all show different LMAO

So you are claiming sworn statements are not evidence. Good to know.

There is plenty of evidence to show it happened. What they have not been able to do is quantify the tampering.

One would be a start. When can we expect it?
Are you on crack?
Something like 30 million dollars will be spent repairing/upgrading the Capitol as a result of the January 6 attack.

As for evidence, any moron can provide a sworn statement saying anything they want. Each and every one of those were summarily rejected by every single court that reviewed them. Perhaps I should have said no "credible" evidence but I thought that was a given? And your concession that the tampering has not been quantified is an admission that you, Trump and fellow Trumpers have no basis to claim the election was stolen from him.

Give it a rest, we have seen the videos of "protestors" beating and stomping on cops. No one is going to take you seriously.

Why do people post moronoic lies like this like there's not videos and pictures and news reports that all show different LMAO
Give it a rest, we have seen the videos of "protestors" beating and stomping on cops. No one is going to take you seriously.
There was a curious lack of body bags in the cleanup.

There was a curious lack of body bags in the cleanup.
You don't have to kill someone to hurt them, gawd, what kind of arguments are YOU making here?

Of course they are. That's why trump ran playing a "conservative". He knew the Dems couldn't be bamboozled like the millions of racist mag-idiots who voted for him.

You don't have to kill someone to hurt them, gawd, what kind of arguments are YOU making here?
You do have to kill someone to storm a secure building or have an insurrection.

Coming from the people that bobbed and swallowed every Trump conspiracy theory and political lie told by the rat party for 5 solid years, this thread delivers!

Coming from the people who lied their ass off to protect Trump from everything he did.

By a light year, the Trump administration and campaign had more people indicted, plead guilty, and go to jail than any administration ever. Connected individuals who could afford a defense pleading guilty, and you say it's conspiracies?

Sort of like how the only reason Mueller exonerated Trump on criminal conspiracy (not collusion, which was never investigated - another rightie lie) was because there wasn't proof of an explicit agreement. He did, however, invite and knowingly receive Russian interference on his behalf, and publicly mocked the idea of going to the FBI.

Then there are the 14+ instances of blatant obstruction of justice, which Mueller described. But DOJ policy forbade him from seeking indictment, and lucky for Trump, Biden wants us to move on. The attempt to extort announcement of fake investigations into Biden from Ukraine by illegally withholding congressionally approved funds.

There's the 625,000 Americans lying six feet under due to his lying, his incompetence, and his politicization of a deadly virus.

So what? It was still a recovery. Just saying it was the “worst” recovery doesn’t make it bad this is just propaganda. You fell for it because Obama doesn’t have white skin.
It means a lot when Obama's disciples sing his economic praises to the high heavens. As you obviously know since, in the end you resort to the worn out race card.
So what? Trump added 7.8 trillion to the debt but I suppose he gets a pass because he has white skin.
So, how much of the emergency COVID spending would your repeal to lower the debt? Come on - give us an acceptable number. You spew cliches and idiotic slogans - which of the DEMOCRAT-written spending bills would you have cancelled.

Hey @VanceMack ....when was the last time you started a thread to rage about how horribly unfair the FISA process, often used to target terrorists, is. It is interesting how you all squawked your faces purple in fake outrage about just the one FISA warrant application, but not a single peep about the other 33,000+ FISA warrants that have issued.

Lemme guess. The vast librul conspiracy prevented you from doing that, too?

:ROFLMAO:

Your objections are fake.

I've done the research and your posts are full of shit. Gas prices are seasonal, always have been seasonal, and always will be seasonal. Were you born yesterday that you don't know this simple fact?
Research comprises more than watching CNN 7/24. FAIL.

Back
Top Bottom