• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservapedia is awesome!

somepeoplesay

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
How many of you DP faithful have visited the bizzaro world conservative wikipedia, Conservapedia? Talk about distorting reality, look up any Republican snafu, or even accepted scientific theories for some real laughs!

I'm just wondering if any conservatives here actually take this website seriously. I have alot of conservative beliefs when it comes to fiscal policy, but it's rhetoric like this that really turns me off from the conservative movement.

Some examples:

Evolution
Homosexuality in Animals
Liberal Tricks (14. Your Parents aren't cool)
Jesse Helms
Atheism
Liberals and Friendship
Homosexual Agenda

There is also a Liberapedia, although it doesn't quite reach these levels of stupidity.

Yeah, I've been there. It's full of laughs, but then I wonder how many people actually believe that crap. Then I fear for the republic.

A liberal friendship can occur wherever liberals apply peer pressure to spread their belief system. It can occur in college, in relationships, and in the workplace. Until exposed and criticized by this entry, there was even a website entitled "Ostracize a Republican," which justified the practice by comparing Republicans to Nazis using a parody of the famous "I did not speak up" speech.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a crock

Wow I never knew Palin said this
Another question asked, "Are you offended by the phrase 'Under God' in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?" Palin replied, "Not on your life. If it was good enough for the Founding Fathers, it's good enough for me and I'll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance."

What an idiot. :doh

Barack Hussein Obama II (birth name Barry Soetoro,[1][2][3] allegedly born in Honolulu August 4, 1961[4][5][6][7][8]) is the 44th President of the United States, and the first President who is biracial. He previously served less than four years as a first-term Democratic Senator from Illinois (2005-2008).

Bahahahahahahaha
I honestly can't tell if the people who wrote this were serious, or if it was a Colbert-type satire.

They have an article on the theory of relativity. The theory of relativity is liberal.

edit: And I haven't seen it in a while, but there used to be a lot of citations of the nature [THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED]

That's it. It has the little citation link, you click and it jumps down to the "source" of [THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED]

edit 2: And their article on Obama is hilarious.

Last edited:
How many of you DP faithful have visited the bizzaro world conservative wikipedia, Conservapedia? Talk about distorting reality, look up any Republican snafu, or even accepted scientific theories for some real laughs!

I'm just wondering if any conservatives here actually take this website seriously. I have alot of conservative beliefs when it comes to fiscal policy, but it's rhetoric like this that really turns me off from the conservative movement.

Some examples:

Evolution
Homosexuality in Animals
Liberal Tricks (14. Your Parents aren't cool)
Jesse Helms
Atheism
Liberals and Friendship
Homosexual Agenda

There is also a Liberapedia, although it doesn't quite reach these levels of stupidity.

This line is pretty hilarious:

"The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons observed that Obama used techniques of mind control in his campaign, as in this speech: "a light will shine down from somewhere, it will light upon you, you will experience an epiphany, and you will say to yourself, 'I have to vote for Barack.'"

This line is pretty hilarious:

"The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons observed that Obama used techniques of mind control in his campaign, as in this speech: "a light will shine down from somewhere, it will light upon you, you will experience an epiphany, and you will say to yourself, 'I have to vote for Barack.'"

Jokes on them, I'm already wearing my tinfoil hat!

As funny as Conservapedia is there was a poster that used it as a source,, but complained about bias when people used Wikipedia.

Holy ****

Creationism!

Oh wait - a lot of people who are liberals even believe that . . . so I guess that one article's OK.

Holy ****

Creationism!

Oh wait - a lot of people who are liberals even believe that . . . so I guess that one article's OK.

Uhh, first of all you appear to be on a different website. Second, anyone who thinks creationism is actual science is sadly mistaken. You can hold whatever religious beliefs you like, I really don't care, but don't try to pass them off as scientific.

If anybody remembers, a while back a researcher (Richard Lenski) observed E Coli evolving in the lab. Conservapedia's founder wrote an open letter decrying the results, which Lenski actually responded to. The ensuing conversation is absolutely hilarious. An anti-science group attempting to engage an actual scientist in a debate about science. The second response from Lenski is gold

The dialog can be found here

If anybody remembers, a while back a researcher (Richard Lenski) observed E Coli evolving in the lab. Conservapedia's founder wrote an open letter decrying the results, which Lenski actually responded to. The ensuing conversation is absolutely hilarious. An anti-science group attempting to engage an actual scientist in a debate about science. The second response from Lenski is gold

The dialog can be found here

Wow. No third letter from Schlafly? That guy is such a hack, riding on his mother's coat tail because she was "brave enough" to oppose the Equal Rights Act for women.

I just found another great article, this one tries to explain the age-old mystery, why do non-conservatives exist? (Hint: "They pride themselves on doing well in school or reading the newspaper...")

Wow. No third letter from Schlafly? That guy is such a hack, riding on his mother's coat tail because she was "brave enough" to oppose the Equal Rights Act for women.

I just found another great article, this one tries to explain the age-old mystery, why do non-conservatives exist? (Hint: "They pride themselves on doing well in school or reading the newspaper...")
Statistical Analysis

(estimates)

...so which is it?

Also the "Liberal Characteristics" section is fun because you can just swap the words liberal and conservative and have it be just as informative!

Honestly the Barack Obama entry is still my favorite.

Uhh, first of all you appear to be on a different website. Second, anyone who thinks creationism is actual science is sadly mistaken. You can hold whatever religious beliefs you like, I really don't care, but don't try to pass them off as scientific.

Why so serious :) It was just a joke!

Things that Liberals do:

#29 Pretending affirmative action is the best way to fill positions, including President of the U.S.

Now, that's funny! There's no way that the writer could be serious.

Back
Top Bottom