• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Consequences of Negating Roe vs Wade

It is symbolic and that makes it important. Women have (sorry - had) the right to decide what to do with their own bodies and now that right has been taken away. From all the women I have known in my life, I would say that they are the first ones that want to establish that no one can decide anything for them. In most cases, the women I have known have the mentality of "my way or the highway" meaning no sex unless you do what I want.

I can virtually guarantee you that this will be a major item for women at the elections. With the men it is different as they can't get pregnant so this issue is not going to be a game changer for them, in most cases.......................unless their wives or girlfriends say "no sex, unless you support me". Since sex is more important to men than women, I have a feeling that the men will also have this issue as an important one at the elections.

Hey the reality is that most men think with their pricks (not their minds) and there, the women have a clear advantage.

I'm not saying it won't have some impact - it will. But the attacks on legal abortion have put a serious dent in access to abortion over the last 10-15 years in particular. Before this decision there were already many states with one or two barely functioning clinics, with various restrictions in place to make abortion such a burden that it was effectively out of reach for many. So in the short term, the legal outcome is already, to some degree, baked in.

Over time, though, this ruling's consequences will be clearer. Women will die as a result of this decision. There are technically exceptions for the life/health of the mother but in reality, physicians doing these abortions have to consider the possibility that someone second guesses their decision, resulting in a criminal trial that could put them in prison for decades. It won't be worth it. Even in states with exceptions for emergencies, these are effectively total bans on abortions. Consequently, women will die. Would be fathers will become widows. Children waiting for baby brothers or sisters one day will attend their mother's funeral. And I predict some of the dead will include those from so-called "pro-life" families.

I also don't think they're going to stop here. They will go after contraception of all kinds. The religious right wants to turn the US into a theocratic republic.

There are going to be some severe consequences to the reversal by the Supreme Court of Roe vs Wade.

That is a gross understatement. There will be thousands of consequences.

I'm not saying it won't have some impact - it will. But the attacks on legal abortion have put a serious dent in access to abortion over the last 10-15 years in particular. Before this decision there were already many states with one or two barely functioning clinics, with various restrictions in place to make abortion such a burden that it was effectively out of reach for many. So in the short term, the legal outcome is already, to some degree, baked in.

Over time, though, this ruling's consequences will be clearer. Women will die as a result of this decision. There are technically exceptions for the life/health of the mother but in reality, physicians doing these abortions have to consider the possibility that someone second guesses their decision, resulting in a criminal trial that could put them in prison for decades. It won't be worth it. Even in states with exceptions for emergencies, these are effectively total bans on abortions. Consequently, women will die. Would be fathers will become widows. Children waiting for baby brothers or sisters one day will attend their mother's funeral. And I predict some of the dead will include those from so-called "pro-life" families.

I also don't think they're going to stop here. They will go after contraception of all kinds. The religious right wants to turn the US into a theocratic republic.
Yeah, I know and therefore it supports my OP that June 24, 2022 will become the "official" date when the American Empire began its fall, just like the official date and event that caused the fall of the Roman Empire.

The Fall of the Roman Empire

476 AD - Romulus Augustulus, the last emperor of Rome, was deposed in 476 AD when a Germanic warlord from an unknown tribe invaded Italy and took control of the peninsula. This act marked the end of the Western Roman Empire

Wow, do I have to prove to you something as simple as men do not get pregnant? Really?

can a man get pregnant?
Seriously? Are you that inept a reader to have gotten that from what I said?

You can't have been living in a cave this long not to know what members of your own party are putting out their as propaganda. Let me repeat: you haven't been paying much attention to your party's latest dogma, have you?

According to YOUR PARTY (or at least some therein), men can get pregnant and men can even have an abortion. I didn't make that up, I'm simply repeating what's been told us by your side. And if you're not aware of what your own side is saying about this matter, best get yourself educated - toot sweet.

I will admit that the idea of having to have a notarized written agreement from the woman you are ejaculating into is my own idea. but it makes sense as it means that men are made equally responsible as women for an abortion occurring. After all, no woman can get pregnant and consider an abortion without a man first ejaculating himself into her.

This would make any abortion law equal in nature for all involved (men and women). Equality is a basic right for all humans, is it not?
Hey, how one gets pregnant has always been pretty much known by everyone - though in this context it's also fair to say that many either have forgotten that truth, or ignored it, for the sake of engaging in the act - hence the supposed need for an out (i.e. an abortion) so one needn't suffer the consequences of the behavior.

I agree with you - BOTH parties are equally responsible for a woman's pregnancy (in most cases, save obviously rape or incest). So yes, both should be held equally responsible. In theory.

How would that work for the boyfriend / girlfriend situation? Just musing here. They have sex, she gets pregnant. How do we hold him responsible? Well, we first need to confirm it is his - which means paternity testing, enforced paternity testing probably. And if he's deemed the father, then he's accountable for his part in the pregnancy - details would have to follow.

Frankly, I'd be for that. Sure. Make both equally responsible for the child.

That said - that's what many cultures have done down the ages and in different ways - but the MAIN way they did it was CULTURALLY. One example: "chauffeured dating" - ala something akin to how Michael Corleone courted his first bride. Never alone and never tempted. First sex on night of wedding. Anyway, that's one option.

There are going to be some severe consequences to the reversal by the Supreme Court of Roe vs Wade

View attachment 67398497

This decision is going to split our country apart in so many ways.

1) The Supreme Court decisions will no longer be respected as they can easily be overturned based on politics and not on law.
2) Women are once again are going be considered pawns to men and will revolt as it is unfair. Men should not be the ones making decisions that affect a woman's body.
3) The Democrats will gain additional strength as most women will now vote Democrat (1 in 4 women has had an abortion by age 45).
4) A new civil war is now likely to occur as this is a very divisive issue.
5) Our country will continue its move backward as this decision takes us back and not forward
6) China, Russia, and other countries that want our demise will use this divisiveness to attack us and gain new advantages, if not an outright win. China will attack Taiwan in the next few months and will put us with two fronts to fight for Democracy.
7) With the law no longer a thing to respect, anarchy will rise.

Take it to the bank. June 24th 2022 will be a date for history. The pivotal day in the end of the American dynasty.

1) The Supreme Court decisions will no longer be respected as they can easily be overturned based on politics and not on law.

What changed this time, you guys didn't like the gay marriage or Obama care ruling??

2) Women are once again are going be considered pawns to men and will revolt as it is unfair. Men should not be the ones making decisions that affect a woman's body.

We thought the left thought that with Ginni Thomas?

3) The Democrats will gain additional strength as most women will now vote Democrat (1 in 4 women has had an abortion by age 45).

The battle lines have already been drawn, see the states prohibiting abortions

We already been in a political civil war, that's how the 1st one started, surley your not suggesting, fighting against men and women who know how to shoot straight?

5) Our country will continue its move backward as this decision takes us back and not forward

Abortion is not illegal, so there's that

6) China, Russia, and other countries that want our demise will use this divisiveness to attack us and gain new advantages, if not an outright win. China will attack Taiwan in the next few months and will put us with two fronts to fight for Democracy.

Who is fighting for lynch mob rule ( democracy) , I am confused?

Anarchy = democracy/ lynch mob rule.

June 24th will become a national holiday

Custom Image 25062022072910.jpg

There are going to be some severe consequences to the reversal by the Supreme Court of Roe vs Wade

View attachment 67398497

Take it to the bank. June 24th 2022 will be a date for history. The pivotal day in the end of the American dynasty.
All this decision did was put the question on abortion and limitations to it back in the hands of the people, as it should. If Pro-choicers were so sure they held the winning hand on this issue instead of marching and protesting they'd be organizing and planning their ground attack. I believe most states have a mechanism to develop ballot proposals and get them on the ballot - assumption enough public support.

View attachment 67398497

With respect:

1. Good. The supreme court and constitution both need huge improvements. They're both conservative and overlook a lot of ethical issues, with US militarism being the massive one that is wholly hypocritical.

2. Agreed. 'If men could get pregnant, abortion wouldn't be an issue' is a very strong argument.

3. Unfortunately, Democrats are nearly as bad (and worse on some issues) as Republicans are.

4. Highly unlikely.

5. Republicans are regressive.

6. This is a conservative attitude, as I eluded to in #1 and #3. Profoundly unwise is an understatement. US militarism is set to kill humanity. Democrats are as dumb as Republicans are on this issue.

7. What should rise is actual progressivism, not Democratic conservatism with a smile.

I hope that many of the very :poop:y US characteristics are dying. We need them to die. The US needs a lot of changes to be a force for good in the world.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know and therefore it supports my OP that June 24, 2022 will become the "official" date when the American Empire began its fall, just like the official date and event that caused the fall of the Roman Empire.

Fall of the Western Roman Empire. ;)

I disagree. I think a Civil war is almost inevitable.
Hmmm.... interesting fantasy. Well, unless the combatants in this so called coming civil war are made up soldiers, cops, militia members, or otherwise guys who have hunted, fished, and been outdoorsman their whole lives. I really don't think your average "code pink" feminazis, or your typical soy boy Antifa types from Seattle are going to get very far. You know, the types who can't go 4 hours without finding a charging port for their smart phones. You think they are going to win some war? People who have never slept out in the rain, or know how to build a campfire and boil water...LOL!

After all, guns seem to be the most important thing in the world for Republicans. You think they will not use them in an attempt to get their way?
They may use them to defend themselves. And a few of the miltias may use some skirmishes as a pretext to go out and have some fun. But there will be no civil war. Civil unrest sure, but no war. Battle of that type takes a differernt kind of commitment and skill set. Burning down public buildings and looting Target stores is NOT a civil war. WAR looks like what is going on in the Ukraine. Most Americans haven't even been in a bar fight.

Hmmm.... interesting fantasy. Well, unless the combatants in this so called coming civil war are made up soldiers, cops, militia members, or otherwise guys who have hunted, fished, and been outdoorsman their whole lives. I really don't think your average "code pink" feminazis, or your typical soy boy Antifa types from Seattle are going to get very far. You know, the types who can't go 4 hours without finding a charging port for their smart phones. You think they are going to win some war? People who have never slept out in the rain, or know how to build a campfire and boil water...LOL!

They may use them to defend themselves. And a few of the miltias may use some skirmishes as a pretext to go out and have some fun. But there will be no civil war. Civil unrest sure, but no war. Battle of that type takes a differernt kind of commitment and skill set. Burning down public buildings and looting Target stores is NOT a civil war. WAR looks like what is going on in the Ukraine. Most Americans haven't even been in a bar fight.
Oh yeah, defend themselves? You mean like Uvalde?

What changed this time, you guys didn't like the gay marriage or Obama care ruling??

We thought the left thought that with Ginni Thomas?

The battle lines have already been drawn, see the states prohibiting abortions

We already been in a political civil war, that's how the 1st one started, surley your not suggesting, fighting against men and women who know how to shoot straight?

Abortion is not illegal, so there's that

Who is fighting for lynch mob rule ( democracy) , I am confused?

Anarchy = democracy/ lynch mob rule.

June 24th will become a national holiday

View attachment 67398624
Life wins? You mean like this?

gunownership6.jpg

The whackos have really come out of the woodwork now. All sorts of anti-choice political action groups glowing with stupidity yammering about more women enjoying motherhood.

Earth to whacko's:
- most women seeking abortion have already had a child or children
- we already have the highest maternal mortality rate of the developed world and by a wide margin
- you are not going to change any minds with this nonsense. You are not even going to make much of a change in the number of abortions. You are just going to reduce the number of safe abortions in this country. CONGRATULATIONS

All of the anti-choice whackos already knew the above three bullet points. Did that deter them from their nonsense? NOPE

What we will get out of this absurd SC Majority opinion is utter and complete chaos. Again CONGRATULATIONS.

Last edited:

View attachment 67398497

Just my 2 cents here.

1) Keep justice and the executive branch separated for god's sake. Unless you want it to be a game of monopoly like it played out the couple past of years.
Anybody supporting democracy knows about that.
2) They always were, they never will (revolt). Women on the whole are a lot more rational than men. Less ego, more brains... . Just my view though, don't bank on it.
3) No, remember Hillary ? Bro's before who's ? Feeeeeelllll the burn (and boy did they). Not a chance in hell (hope I'm wrong).
4) nope, not just for women, but if his royal highness Clarence has a say in it, I'm sure he can push it until a lot of people get rubbed the wrong way.
5) What can I tell you mate, look at all the indicators and weep. Or just start doing something about education, healthcare, housing, etc... .
6) Newsflash to you : they don't want your demise (what would be the profit of that ?), they just want to defend what's theirs. Forget about China attacking taiwan, unless Biden has another splendid idea.
7) No, the law will be respected by those who can't afford to disrespect it. As it has been the last 20/25 years.

Either way, I do sympathize with your points, but I wouldn't take it to the bank.
ps : yes number 6 is speculation. Who the hell knows.

Just my 2 cents here.

1) Keep justice and the executive branch separated for god's sake. Unless you want it to be a game of monopoly like it played out the couple past of years.
Anybody supporting democracy knows about that.
2) They always were, they never will (revolt). Women on the whole are a lot more rational than men. Less ego, more brains... . Just my view though, don't bank on it.
3) No, remember Hillary ? Bro's before who's ? Feeeeeelllll the burn (and boy did they). Not a chance in hell (hope I'm wrong).
4) nope, not just for women, but if his royal highness Clarence has a say in it, I'm sure he can push it until a lot of people get rubbed the wrong way.
5) What can I tell you mate, look at all the indicators and weep. Or just start doing something about education, healthcare, housing, etc... .
6) Newsflash to you : they don't want your demise (what would be the profit of that ?), they just want to defend what's theirs. Forget about China attacking taiwan, unless Biden has another splendid idea.
7) No, the law will be respected by those who can't afford to disrespect it. As it has been the last 20/25 years.

Either way, I do sympathize with your points, but I wouldn't take it to the bank.
ps : yes number 6 is speculation. Who the hell knows.
Thanks for the reply with you views on the points that I made.

The only one of the points I made that I have any doubts about is a New Civil war. Officially it may not happen but then again it is happening right now in a lesser format. Both sides (but mostly the Republican side) are already using guns to solve issues. People believe that all these mass murders are being committed by mentally ill people but I don't believe that mental illness is responsible for it, at least not in 80% of the cases. If mental illness is defined as believing blindly in the either side (Democrats or Republicans), then it would have to be stated that a "huge" amount of people (more than 50% of the population) are mentally ill.

The whackos have really come out of the woodwork now. All sorts of anti-choice political action groups glowing with stupidity yammering about more women enjoying motherhood.

Earth to whacko's:
- most women seeking abortion have already had a child or children
- we already have the highest maternal mortality rate of the developed world and by a wide margin
- you are not going to change any minds with this nonsense. You are not even going to make much of a change in the number of abortions. You are just going to reduce the number of safe abortions in this country. CONGRATULATIONS

All of the anti-choice whackos already knew the above three bullet points. Did that deter them from their nonsense? NOPE

What we will get out of this absurd SC Majority opinion is utter and complete chaos. Again CONGRATULATIONS.
Enjoying motherhood?

In most cases, "enjoying" motherhood is attached to poverty, additional unsolvable economic and life problems, and more expenses for all Americans as more money will need to go to Welfare, to social programs that handle mental stress and instability, and to policing as there will be more criminals walking around.

I'm not quite ready to make that conviction call just yet, but I do think that our collective eyelids are starting to open. One of the reasons we're in this position is because we're just too busy entertaining ourselves and not taking politics and other current events seriously. A lot of people don't really think it matters. Well it does and I think for the first time people are beginning to have that realization.

As I cautioned elsewhere though, I'm honestly not convinced that Roe v Wade is visceral enough to change voting behavior substantially -- I could be wrong, and I hope am, but I think that for a lot of people, Roe v Wade is symbolic more than something they personally deal with on a regular basis like inflation or the threat of violent crime. Now, if they start going after birth control or even gay marriage, I think the culture war is going to get cranked up in ways conservatives may not be prepared for.
All it takes is for one protest to go horrible wrong for one reason or another

Oh yeah, defend themselves? You mean like Uvalde?

Life wins? You mean like this?

View attachment 67398639

You know it's funny when liberals talk about guns they care so much about the children, but when liberals talk about abortion they can't kill children fast enough, why is that?

You know it's funny when liberals talk about guns they care so much about the children, but when liberals talk about abortion they can't kill children fast enough, why is that?
Because guns DO kill children, abortions don't.

FYI, The term embryo refers to a developing human from implantation until the eighth week of pregnancy. After the eighth week, the unborn child is referred to as a fetus.

Because guns DO kill children, abortions don't.

FYI, The term embryo refers to a developing human from implantation until the eighth week of pregnancy. After the eighth week, the unborn child is referred to as a fetus.
An object doesn't kill people an action like using a vacuum cleaner or coat hanger up a woman's vagina does

Law abiding citizens don't kill, only those who try to break the law does

An object doesn't kill people an action like using a vacuum cleaner or coat hanger up a woman's vagina does

Law abiding citizens don't kill, only those who try to break the law does
Not a person yet. An argument can be mean that the fetus deserves rights of personhood at the point where it can survive outside the womb.....roughly 24 weeks. Before that, NOPE...no logic to giving the fetus rights of personhood.

Tell me, are you going to start giving zygotes SS numbers?

Not a person yet. An argument can be mean that the fetus deserves rights of personhood at the point where it can survive outside the womb.....roughly 24 weeks. Before that, NOPE...no logic to giving the fetus rights of personhood.

Tell me, are you going to start giving zygotes SS numbers?
Ultrasound/sonograms say other wise, not a fan of a picture says a thousand words?

Ultrasound/sonograms say other wise, not a fan of a picture says a thousand words?
In fact, ultrasound is not recording a heartbeat at 6 weeks. The plumbing is not even there at 6 weeks to offer a heartbeat. This is why the anti-choice crowd suddenly abandoned the heartbeat at 6 weeks argument and took up the personhood rights at fertilization argument. So they went from an argument based on bogus medical information to an argument based on what they believe.

Belief belongs in a church. This is a country predicated on separation of church and state.

Back
Top Bottom