• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Conquering The "Hillary's Already Won" Spin Campaign, Once and For All!

Abbazorkzog

Zapatista Libertarian
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Okay, where to begin.

I think we'll start with yesterday's Primary results.

Bernie Sanders Takes Home 16 More Delegates Than Hillary Clinton After Defeating Her in 2 Out of 3 States

Hillary Clinton won Arizona, the most delegate-rich of the three states that voted on Tuesday. However, it was Bernie Sanders who surprised pundits, pulling off two landslide victories in Utah and Idaho. Sanders tightened the Democratic race, taking home 67 pledged delegates to Clinton’s 51. The Senator from Vermont has now won in Utah, Idaho, Michigan, Maine, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Colorado, Vermont, New Hampshire and the Democrats Abroad Primary (12 contests).

It’s clear: the world wants Bernie Sanders

The votes of overseas Democrats like me have given Hillary Clinton something to think about. Does leaving the US make us more liberal?

Bernie Sanders has unquestionably recovered from his upset last Tuesday, that much is clear. So, why do people still think he can't win? Allegations of massive voter fraud aside, and Bernie's "defeat" in that competition, Bernie took home most of the delegates from last night's tri-state competition, winning 2 out of 3 states ahead of the much-anticipated Bernie Sanders victory spree.

Next, I'm gonna go over this little article by Huffington Post.

Bernie Sanders Is Currently Winning the Democratic Primary Race, and I’ll Prove It to You

Nobody cares how well a politician does at the ballot box when he or she is running for an office unopposed. What matters is how a politician performs in contested primaries and general elections, as when it really matters — like it will, for instance, this November — you can be certain of a contested election.

With that said, let’s make an important observation: Bernie Sanders has tied or beaten Hillary Clinton in a majority of the actively contested votes this election season.

You doubt it? Okay, let me explain.

CONT'D->

More to come, stay tuned!

While Bernie Sanders' chances are indeed up for debate, and while it is unquestionable that she is the frontrunner with a majority of the delegates that have been awarded and has the best chance at getting the nomination, the "Hillary's Already Won" hee-haw is unsupported hot air. And I'm aiming to punch massive holes in that argument through op-eds, news articles, and views from pundits around the globe (as I always do with unsupported partisan drivel).

The people who argue that Bernie has no chance are the same people that try to convince us that the FBI is powerless to stop Hillary Clinton. While they may not during the primaries or elections, they could very well do so within the next few months.

If they do, and Bernie drops out (like Hillaryites and Demofascists want him to), how can anyone of them contest that this will inevitably lead to President Trump? The backlash and sometimes outright hatred of this 'man' is apparent in the media and current events, at his rallies and the words that come out of his opponents' mouths. The uncanny resemblance between him and Mussolini, Adolf Hitler, other fascists and authoritarians such as Vladimir V. Putin and Kim Jong-Un. I am fairly certain I am in the majority in voicing my concerns that this man would spell 'DOOM' for America (or close-enough to it) and Freedom and Liberty in general. Hillary's ego and vainglory could spell the end of the Democratic party and America as we know it, and she refuses to see it. This is evidence alone of her mental instability and delusions of grandeur. She's just as power-hungry and megalomaniacal as Trump is. Even if the FBI couldn't take her down (and that is a big ****ing if!), the unequivocal and undeniable fact of this has already confirmed many of Americans' misgivings and distrust of her, and even those on the right with questions into her mental health. This fact addressed, it is amoral of me or anyone to express hatred of this woman. If she is ill, she needs to be treated by a professional, immediately. And she needs to drop out of the race.
I'm sure Bernie's healthcare plan will provide all that is needed for her to get the help she needs.

If America Can’t See Hillary Clinton’s 22 Top Secret Emails, Democrats Must Nominate Bernie Sanders

Unless the Democrats want to risk their party, that is. (Again, the shadow of her FBI investigation still looms).

Also, if Bernie Sanders isn’t the nominee, then it’s possible the FBI could recommend indictment after Clinton’s nomination, which would mean a Republican victory. There’s no official end date to the FBI’s investigation, although some sources say the FBI investigation could conclude in “early May.” One can only imagine a GOP political strategy against Clinton, with the possibility that a Democrat could have broken laws under the Espionage Act.

BTW, the newest Forbes article is scathing.

Hillary Clinton Is The New Nixon, Making Bernie Sanders The New -- JFK?

The headline alone should be enough. With that, in conclusion, don't be one of the few that could very well be eating their words in a few months, falling victim to the Clinton-owned media spin that she's already won, and that it is impossible for Bernie to come back from his defeats (which he already has! if not nearly so!).

So, why do people still think he can't win?

...because he just scored two 60-point blowouts and yet her 300 delegate lead stands intact? And she leads him by about 2.6 million votes?

And even his supporters apparently believe his best shot at a "victory" is an FBI intervention:

The people who argue that Bernie has no chance are the same people that try to convince us that the FBI is powerless to stop Hillary Clinton. While they may not during the primaries or elections, they could very well do so within the next few months.

...because he just scored two 60-point blowouts and yet her 300 delegate lead stands intact? And she leads him by about 2.6 million votes?

And even his supporters apparently believe his best shot at a "victory" is an FBI intervention:

I have to give both Clintons credit.

Bill Clinton befuddles a highly partisan investigation with the definition of the word "is", James Bond would have needed a jetpack to escape that.
Hillary Clinton used The racist Southern Strategy to get Blacks to vote for her in the South. Her opponent is a life-long civil rights activist.

I wouldn't rule out that they're wizards or maybe they made a deal with the devil.

LOL @ the desperation of the Bernie or Bust folks. :lamo

Im all about Bernie.
Hell I even caucused for him.
But, it seems he will not get the nomination.
Two party system.

The fact that Arizona is potentially going to be dealing with vote fraud investigations on top of the FBI investigation, aside, I presume? The 300-delegate lead staying intact is also a fallacious spin, at worst. Inaccurate generalization at best.

See above. :)

Its not "impossible"

Just likely not possible
It's hard and therefore not worth doing!

Typical establishment mindset. Everyone loves an underdog and the establishment has been cheating it's ass off to boost Hillary and she still can only barely take the lead. Remember, the Bernie supporters have something worth fighting for and Hillary's supporters are so unenthused that they may not turn out in the later primaries.

I do not think hardly any one claims it is impossible, just highly unlikely.

Oh, they're out there, trust me. (Mainly in the News and Hillary's campaign, like that one article where she/they basically told him to GTFO after the Super Tuesday II landslide).

Typical establishment mindset. Everyone loves an underdog and the establishment has been cheating it's ass off to boost Hillary and she still can only barely take the lead. Remember, the Bernie supporters have something worth fighting for and Hillary's supporters are so unenthused that they may not turn out in the later primaries.

So whats the point?

Oh, they're out there, trust me. (Mainly in the News and Hillary's campaign, like that one article where she/they basically told him to GTFO after the Super Tuesday II landslide).

Pardon me for saying this, but you are hardly a credible source for that kind of claim. Basically, you are arguing against positions pretty much no one actually has.

The "cheating" claims I have seen are pure conspiracy theory nonsense, and a roughly 60/40 lead in pledge delegates is not "barely".

The "cheating" claims I have seen are pure conspiracy theory nonsense,

I think you should re-asses DWS' and the Democratic Party's conduct, especially when it comes to that episode regarding Bernie's Campaign suspension.

But even as the evidence stands, it is not 'impossible'.

I don't believe anyone ever said it was 'impossible' but it is all but assured that it wont happen. He isn't going to ride a 60:40 tide all the way to the convention. Even if Clinton loses most of the upcoming races, and does so by small margins, she still ends up the nominee. Sanders supporters also usually assume he's going to have blowout wins in places like New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, California, etc when the evidence and polling data doesn't support that.

I think you should re-asses DWS' and the Democratic Party's conduct, especially when it comes to that episode regarding Bernie's Campaign suspension.

You mean where the Sanders campaign ran searches on Clinton data and was punished for it. Boo ****ing hoo. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

The "cheating" claims I have seen are pure conspiracy theory nonsense, and a roughly 60/40 lead in pledge delegates is not "barely".

I dunno, as much as it pains me to agree with Reinoe, the "establishment" (ie DWS and the DNC cohorts) have basically screwed Bernie every chance they've had. Not saying it's cost him a significant number of delegates, but it's pretty clear who Debbie and the League of Extraordinary Ladies wants to win this nomination, and it's Hillary.

Okay, where to begin.

I think we'll start with yesterday's Primary results.

Bernie Sanders Takes Home 16 More Delegates Than Hillary Clinton After Defeating Her in 2 Out of 3 States

It’s clear: the world wants Bernie Sanders

Bernie Sanders has unquestionably recovered from his upset last Tuesday, that much is clear. So, why do people still think he can't win? Allegations of massive voter fraud aside, and Bernie's "defeat" in that competition, Bernie took home most of the delegates from last night's tri-state competition, winning 2 out of 3 states ahead of the much-anticipated Bernie Sanders victory spree.

Next, I'm gonna go over this little article by Huffington Post.

Bernie Sanders Is Currently Winning the Democratic Primary Race, and I’ll Prove It to You

CONT'D->

"The votes of overseas Democrats have given Hillary something to think about"?

Yeah, it makes me think Bernie is much more palatable when you don't actually live in the US. If Bernie agreed to run and serve somewhere else, I'd vote for him too.

I dunno, as much as it pains me to agree with Reinoe, the "establishment" (ie DWS and the DNC cohorts) have basically screwed Bernie every chance they've had. Not saying it's cost him a significant number of delegates, but it's pretty clear who Debbie and the League of Extraordinary Ladies wants to win this nomination, and it's Hillary.

One of the many, many reasons the Democratic party can blow me if Sanders doesn't get the nomination. If the party had remained impartial from the beginning and let the people decide, fine, but it was rigged from the beginning and DWS admitted the only purpose of super delegates was to crush grass roots candidates like Bernie.

LOL @ the desperation of the Bernie or Bust folks. :lamo
I don't blindly vote for parties, I vote for the candidate that best represents my beliefs completely independently of their chances of winning.

If voting you conscience instead of just voting Hillary because she's there makes one Bernie or Bust, sign me up. I think you can also admit that the chances of the FBI investigation blowing up during the general is higher than comfort would allow. It's not desperate to question her viability.
"The votes of overseas Democrats have given Hillary something to think about"?

Yeah, it makes me think Bernie is much more palatable when you don't actually live in the US. If Bernie agreed to run and serve somewhere else, I'd vote for him too.

We remain American citizens and the president still has a tremendous effect on our lives and the lives of our children.

Last edited:
You mean where the Sanders campaign ran searches on Clinton data and was punished for it. Boo ****ing hoo. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
The guy who engaged in accessing the documents was recommended to the Sanders campaign by the DNC. The DNC provided Hillary Clinton's campaign with documents with which to smear Sanders. C'mon, this was really obvious stuff.
The Sanders campaign is taking its fight with the DNC to the next level - Yahoo News

Or you could just read up on the Five Times DWS stacked the deck in favor of Hillary Clinton.

I don't believe anyone ever said it was 'impossible' but it is all but assured that it wont happen. He isn't going to ride a 60:40 tide all the way to the convention. Even if Clinton loses most of the upcoming races, and does so by small margins, she still ends up the nominee. Sanders supporters also usually assume he's going to have blowout wins in places like New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, California, etc when the evidence and polling data doesn't support that.

Reposting my link from my response to Redress's ad-hominem attack.

Back
Top Bottom