• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Concealed Carry Question

Usually if its if you have a lifted full size truck.
I usually feel its small people with small narrow minds that are easily scared are the ones with a small penis. They have to make comments like that to compensate for their short comings.

I agree. I get a little confused when a known female (66gardeners, moot, I think) uses that reasoning on another known female.

Usually if its if you have a lifted full size truck.
I usually feel its small people with small narrow minds that are easily scared are the ones with a small penis. They have to make comments like that to compensate for their short comings.

Well, my state's now offering CC permits. (Last in the nation to allow them, as I understand it.) I want to get one. Can't wait.

Why?? I've never been accosted by anyone. Never had my home robbed. Live in a safe neighborhood, all in all. Don't travel into 'bad' neighborhoods. Etc. Etc. The odds of my needing to carry a gun to save my life or the life of others is slim to none. The only time I said to myself, "I damned well wish I had a gun," was when I was traveling and HAD to stay in a motel in the middle of nowhere in Kentucky as the ONLY overnighter -- no phone service in the rooms; no manager on site; no cell phone signal because of the mountains.

Yet, I can't WAIT!! Woot!! What's that really about, I wonder??

That stuff is just silly pseudoscience. In reality, the desire to own a gun is to compensate for a sense of weakness in some way. It It is a perfectly natural human desire to try to protect oneself, hence fearful, weak people will cling to guns as a safety blanket of sorts. Unfortunately, this typically ends up doing more harm than good. But that is their right.

Thanks for the clarification, guy.

In my little funny I was trying to make, it's essential to understand that 'penis' is a stand in for 'insecurity'.

Surely you guys/gals have heard the tired old weak argument from anti-gunners about the only reason people want guns is to compensate for small penis?

Yes, that's why I pointed out my gender.

Yes, that's why I pointed out my gender.

Yes, I saw that. I guess it was more of a response to Luther and following replies sounding like we hadn't discussed this previously or missed the joke. Not that I meant this in a bad way, Lutherf, I like over 99% of what you post(including post #16 here).

Sorry, off topic a bit - carry on.

Well, my state's now offering CC permits. (Last in the nation to allow them, as I understand it.) I want to get one. Can't wait.

Why?? I've never been accosted by anyone. Never had my home robbed. Live in a safe neighborhood, all in all. Don't travel into 'bad' neighborhoods. Etc. Etc. The odds of my needing to carry a gun to save my life or the life of others is slim to none. The only time I said to myself, "I damned well wish I had a gun," was when I was traveling and HAD to stay in a motel in the middle of nowhere in Kentucky as the ONLY overnighter -- no phone service in the rooms; no manager on site; no cell phone signal because of the mountains.

Hey, not fair. I always get good coverage in these here mountains, Especially Cumberland mountain. BTW, you can open carry in KY. and KY constitution is quite gun friendly, the only catch is, small chance of trouble with 'creating a disturbance' by the easily frightened but most likely you will get an understanding officer seeing you are just carrying for protection.

Illinois now has concealed carry.

What happens if my gun shows? Like, if I bend a certain way or something and someone sees that I'm carrying a gun. What happens?
I wasn't able to find IL's actul definition of "concealed" or if they will punish accidental 'printing'. Given the state's history I'd would bet they will punish you for anything they can.
Until this year, Texas punished accidental printing and it was a 1st degree misdemeanor charge for the first offence. The gun had to be completely out of sight at all times, no excuses. Now Texas tolerates accidental printing. States which allow open carry don't care either way.

I wasn't able to find IL's actul definition of "concealed" or they will punish accidental 'printing'. Given the state's history I'd would bet they will punish you for anything they can.
Until this year, Texas punished accidental printing. The gun had to be completely out of sight at all times, no excuses. Now Texas tolerates accidental printing.

I never had occasion to think much about concealed carry. But now that I have begun thinking about it, I don't even understand why there should be concealed carry.

I never had occasion to think much about concealed carry. But now that I have begun thinking about it, I don't even understand why there should be concealed carry.
Carrying a gun in America is like carrying a bible in Iran.

Be sure you do completely conceal even if the law allows you to print, because you aren't allowed to even walk on a sidewalk passing any public park while armed.

Carrying a gun in America is like carrying a bible in Iran.

Be sure you do completely conceal even if the law allows you to print, because you aren't allowed to even walk on a sidewalk passing any public park while armed.

Come on down the AZ. None of this stuff is an issue since we went to Constitutional carry. Just be respectful of folks who don't want guns on their property (very few places) and you're good to go.

Come on down the AZ. None of this stuff is an issue since we went to Constitutional carry. Just be respectful of folks who don't want guns on their property (very few places) and you're good to go.
I'm currently working in Oklahoma and am building up the nerve to test their new open-carry law.

hah Lutherf yer right about that
its still the wild wild west out here in Az
we look these folks in other states and smirk
that their 2nd amendment rights have been trampled to dust

sling an AR-15 cross your back and go for a stroll
and it is guaranteed that you'll be veiwed as an enemy combatant

it is only a matter of time before the 2nd is repealed and we
are disarmed just like the Brits Canucks n Aussies wait n see bud-dy

building up the nerve to test their new open-carry law.

try that out and get back to us, I'd love to hear how that went
just be sure that when they call the cops on ya and
lawl enforcement comes up on you that you are willing to be disarmed :p

I really didn't know how brainwashed I was about gun rights. Now that I've given it personal thought re Illinois' new concealed carry law, I am amazed that forcing people to conceal carry is constitutional. Making it illegal that someone can see a gun imprint on your person. I'm amazed it's gotten that far...

All the hullabaloo on this site about gun rights being trampled didn't mean much to me. Now it does. Now I understand.

try that out and get back to us, I'd love to hear how that went
just be sure that when they call the cops on ya and
lawl enforcement comes up on you that you are willing to be disarmed :p
Why wouldn't I me?

You don't do something like that and not expect the cops to be called; and when the cops are called you cooperate.

If I do it I'll probably keep my ID, permit, and copy of the Oklahoma Atturny General's reciprocity letter with South Dakota in my hand.

*hugs maggie D*
welcome to the ranks of the bitter clingers ;)

here in Az we've always been allowed to open carry
funny thing is that you rarely see anyone do it in the cities
we were never allowed to carry concealed if you can imagine that (go figger)
then they passed a shall issue concealed carry law and then
wait for it...

hah concealed carry was made legal for everyone WITHOUT A PERMIT!!!

I mean want kind straight thinking is that?
(of course it was another one of the krazy things our Republican Lady guvner thought up
ike balancing the state's budget Ripping out the photo-radar cameras on the freeway & SB 1070)

hmmm a criminal isn't going to get a CCW, heck he might not even be eligible
he is never going to be bound by a law anyway, so why not just extend the right
to keep and bear arms to law abiding citizens and make his lot in life that much more risky ?

Not in my life time.

hah ok Jerry fair enough
last time I encountered lawl enforcement while I was open carry I put my hands on my head POW style
and asked the cop to take my weapon I did this because he became visibly startled at the sight of a P-226

This put him at ease yeah I gave ID he ran me and the weapon no biggie

I just say it cuz there's a million vids on youtube of idiots intentionally goin' round open carry
and when the fuzz is inevitably called on them they exercise their constitutional rights

freedom of travel
freedom from illegal search and seizure
heck taking the 5th ya never have to talk to the cops so no ID

if there isn't reasonable suspicion that you are committing a crime
they shouldn't be allowed to stop (detain) you
disarm you search you question you
ask for ID (unless you are driving)

but I'm no dummy some cops will just about pee themselves if they see an armed person
I don't wanna get beatup or shot

well crue then I hope yer old like me cuz its a coming buddy its a coming ;)

I keep mine in a special side arm pocket if my purse, or in the center console of my van. As long as it's covered, it's not a problem where I live.

I believe the law varies from state to state. I would make a call to the sheriff's office (police...whatever) and ask. I say sheriff, since that is where I went to get fingerprinted and file for my actual license.
Louisiana allows for vehicle carry without the CCW as long as the person in possession is legally permitted to own, it's an extension of the home. However on person concealed carry requires the CCW. Open carry is legal as long as there is no prohibition in place, such as a government building, private establishment stating no guns allowed on premises, and bars. Bar carry is prohibited at all times in La. under state law, and iirc that is set to percentage of business coming from alcohol sales.

Louisiana allows for vehicle carry without the CCW as long as the person in possession is legally permitted to own, it's an extension of the home. However on person concealed carry requires the CCW. Open carry is legal as long as there is no prohibition in place, such as a government building, private establishment stating no guns allowed on premises, and bars. Bar carry is prohibited at all times in La. under state law, and iirc that is set to percentage of business coming from alcohol sales.

Funny, I live about 15 minutes outside of Missouri and the laws regarding ccl are different when it comes to transporting a firearm in your vehicle and protecting your property. I was amazed at how different they are.

hah ok Jerry fair enough
last time I encountered lawl enforcement while I was open carry I put my hands on my head POW style
and asked the cop to take my weapon I did this because he became visibly startled at the sight of a P-226

This put him at ease yeah I gave ID he ran me and the weapon no biggie

I just say it cuz there's a million vids on youtube of idiots intentionally goin' round open carry
and when the fuzz is inevitably called on them they exercise their constitutional rights

freedom of travel
freedom from illegal search and seizure
heck taking the 5th ya never have to talk to the cops so no ID

if there isn't reasonable suspicion that you are committing a crime
they shouldn't be allowed to stop (detain) you
disarm you search you question you
ask for ID (unless you are driving)

but I'm no dummy some cops will just about pee themselves if they see an armed person
I don't wanna get beatup or shot
Yeah I won't be videoing it. I'm not out for YouTube hits or any of that. I'm out to experience it for myself, and hopefully maybe expose a few cops to a peaceable open carrier and set some minds at ease about the whole thing. Sort of defuse the OC issue a tiny bit.

Realistically, one rarely needs protection and the odds are in our favors. However, the statistics don't matter when the SHTF, and in the case of a person intent on causing harm, that firearm may be the difference maker between a successful attack against your person or a successful defense. If you only need it once, make sure it is there.

Funny, I live about 15 minutes outside of Missouri and the laws regarding ccl are different when it comes to transporting a firearm in your vehicle and protecting your property. I was amazed at how different they are.
Yep. Different representatives, different laws. I'll give you a for instance, state law says little about discharging a weapon but my city forbids it, obviously the ordinance is nullified for self defense, but unless there is a licensed shooting range anywhere else within city limits is a no discharge area.

Back
Top Bottom