• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Commentator Eric Bryan Stone says Columbus was genocidal, whites must end holiday

A curse that exists on both sides of the Atlantic.

Italians, and their Republic, have suffered greatly from Cosa Nostra, as well as Camorra and ‘Ndrangheta.
Like Italian wine, cheese and food, they were imported….

I personally think we shouldn't sugar coat the history of Columbus. We need to be teaching our kids what actually happened. If we did so I bet we'd no longer celebrate that "holiday." My family does not celebrate Thanksgiving. Do as you wish.
I like that. It's extremely weird when people celebrate scenarios that never happened.

Derp? LOL Columbia” is a patriotic term in the U.S. and refers to Christopher Columbus. The capital of the U.S., for example, is the “District of Columbia.”
You’re correct. I was wrong about Columbia University’s namesake.

Progressive commentator Eric Bryan Stone said recently on his Tik Tok page that Christopher Columbus was a genocidal racist and white Americans must end the holiday once and for all. What do you think, should the holiday be gone?

He’s right. We need to stop celebrating a man who used 9 year old girl sex slaves as currency.

ok, lets have Amerigo day or Jamestown day , OR leif ericson day

and lets also have a native american day. problem solved.

The main point of Columbus Day was to gain recent Italian immigrants to America acceptance by those already here. Italian immigrants and especially Sicilians were treated horribly by Americans - lynchings were not unheard of. The idea was to point to an heroic Italian who played
a large part in the founding of the country.
It’s largely a myth but it served it’s purpose in mainstreaming Italians in American society.
1651338173316.png

silly virtue signaling nonsense. shall we get rid of "Columbus Ohio" too? Columbia university?
When you say "get rid of" do you mean change their name or raze them to the ground? If it's the former my answer is "sure, why not?" What are the ramifications of changing somethings name other than the hurt feelings of white racists who cry every time we decide to stop venerating pieces of shit?

I personally think we shouldn't sugar coat the history of Columbus. We need to be teaching our kids what actually happened. If we did so I bet we'd no longer celebrate that "holiday." My family does not celebrate Thanksgiving. Do as you wish.

That's CRT. /s

That's the way it's done - or used to be done - in Spain. Kid's formal names are their given name followed by the father's familial name and then the mother's like Gabriel Garcia Marquez (full name Gabriel Jose de la Concordia Garcia Marquez) the author. Some folks put a "y" (Spanish for "and") between the names, some don't.

Interesting but I'm not sure what it has to do with the topic at hand.

Back
Top Bottom