• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Commentator Eric Bryan Stone says Columbus was genocidal, whites must end holiday

World Champs

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Progressive commentator Eric Bryan Stone said recently on his Tik Tok page that Christopher Columbus was a genocidal racist and white Americans must end the holiday once and for all. What do you think, should the holiday be gone?

From what I've read, he was a sociopathic asshole. Frankly, the Indians probably discovered the continent.

That always cracked me up as a young teenager. "Columbus discovers America" amidst a bunch of indigenous people standing around. More like Europe discovers they are not the only people in the world. To them, though, the indigenous weren't "people".

What do you think, should the holiday be gone?
Well, it does not matter what one thinks, for the holiday is -- for all intents and purposes -- gone.

Here in Los Angeles, for example, it is Indigenous People's Day.

There may still be a statue of Columbus in the city, but at last report it has been covered up so that no one can see it.

The United States of America is a-changing, so many other holidays will also be canceled in the coming days.

That's just how the cookie crumbles.

Should the holiday be gone? Yes, but only because Christopher Columbus had nothing to do with North America. Replace it with Leif Erikson day.

WTF? More of this inane :poop:?

Now this "prominent" poser and felon who wants to take out whites and kill cops, this "future of the Democrat party," this [c]rapper wannabe no one's ever heard of but whom [at least 5] blacks love is a "commentator" too? Pray tell, how will this nobody comment on anything credibly when every third word of his Harlem-inspired vocabulary contains some variant of the oh-so-eloquent "f**k"?

1650808947285.png

That always cracked me up as a young teenager. "Columbus discovers America" amidst a bunch of indigenous people standing around. More like Europe discovers they are not the only people in the world. To them, though, the indigenous weren't "people".
Strange thing (To me), Columbus made four journeys to the New World, but never once set foot in what is now the modern day United States. His routes below>>

And his brutal enslavement and treatment of indigenous West Indian populations has been pretty well documented, to the extent that he literally completely wiped out a number of different pre-Columbian tribes by working them to death in his silver mines in Cuba.

Columbus.png

WTF? More of this inane :poop:?

Now this "prominent" poser and felon who wants to take out whites and kill cops, this "future of the Democrat party," this [c]rapper wannabe no one's ever heard of but whom [at least 5] blacks love is a "commentator" too? Pray tell, how will this nobody comment on anything credibly when every third word of his Harlem-inspired vocabulary contains some variant of the oh-so-eloquent "f**k"?

View attachment 67387257
1650817730520.png1650817762604.pngHe's friends with Dr. Dre
s son. He was a failed actor. He has connections to Hollywood. He's prominent.

Well, it does not matter what one thinks, for the holiday is -- for all intents and purposes -- gone.

Here in Los Angeles, for example, it is Indigenous People's Day.

There may still be a statue of Columbus in the city, but at last report it has been covered up so that no one can see it.

The United States of America is a-changing, so many other holidays will also be canceled in the coming days.

That's just how the cookie crumbles.
You have a problem with stripping away old lies and acknowledging the truth about a famous explorer that also was a truly rotten person?

Of course you do.

I personally think we shouldn't sugar coat the history of Columbus. We need to be teaching our kids what actually happened. If we did so I bet we'd no longer celebrate that "holiday." My family does not celebrate Thanksgiving. Do as you wish.

Should the holiday be gone? Yes, but only because Christopher Columbus had nothing to do with North America. Replace it with Leif Erikson day.
Columbus actually never set foot on the continent either. His biggest contribution was proving the Earth was not flat and you would not fall off the edge. :ROFLMAO: Europeans were silly people.

You have a problem with stripping away old lies and acknowledging the truth about a famous explorer that also was a truly rotten person?

Of course you do.
The main point of Columbus Day was to gain recent Italian immigrants to America acceptance by those already here. Italian immigrants and especially Sicilians were treated horribly by Americans - lynchings were not unheard of. The idea was to point to an heroic Italian who played
a large part in the founding of the country.
It’s largely a myth but it served it’s purpose in mainstreaming Italians in American society.

On his TikTok page.......I almost can't key this post I am laughing so hard.

The main point of Columbus Day was to gain recent Italian immigrants to America acceptance by those already here. Italian immigrants and especially Sicilians were treated horribly by Americans - lynchings were not unheard of. The idea was to point to an heroic Italian who played
a large part in the founding of the country.
It’s largely a myth but it served it’s purpose in mainstreaming Italians in American society.
Thanks, but I’m well aware of the history behind the named holiday.

It’s well past time to officially do away with honoring a truly terrible person by renaming the holiday.

Thanks, but I’m well aware of the history behind the named holiday.

It’s well past time to officially do away with honoring a truly terrible person by renaming the holiday.
silly virtue signaling nonsense. shall we get rid of "Columbus Ohio" too? Columbia university?

Back
Top Bottom