• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Commentator Eric Bryan Stone says Columbus was genocidal, whites must end holiday

Well yes, but not for that reason.
Because the poser felon and thief and [c]rapper wannabe who hates whites and cops and fancies himself somebody says we should? ;) ;)

Because the poser felon and thief and [c]rapper wannabe who hates whites and cops and fancies himself somebody says we should? ;) ;)
Perhaps I wasn't clear when I said "Not for that reason".

Calling doing the right thing isn’t “virtue signaling”.

That would be up to the citizens of Ohio.

Regardless, the federal government should remove Columbus’ name from the holiday, as many states already have.

Columbia University isn’t named for Columbus. Derp.
Derp? LOL Columbia” is a patriotic term in the U.S. and refers to Christopher Columbus. The capital of the U.S., for example, is the “District of Columbia.”

Derp? LOL Columbia” is a patriotic term in the U.S. and refers to Christopher Columbus. The capital of the U.S., for example, is the “District of Columbia.”

I just checked, because I thought the Columbia thing descended from Roman roots, but Turtledude is right. It's directly from Columbus's name.

No, really.

Buckeye (noun): A poisonous nut.
never tried eating one. They were great for sling shot ammo as a kid though . didn't fly all that straight but cheap

One must wonder how Mr. Stone would have commentated during Columbus's days.

No, it's just that Columbus, OH is a truly miserable place.

Mostly on account of it's in Ohio.
When I used to drive from LI to visit my daughter at IU Bloomington Ohio was the place were I could pretty much drive however the **** fast I wanted to (except when passing through cities). For a guy who lives in a place where 55 is still the speed limit seeing 70 and being able to push that by at least 10mph was kind of a revelation.

The main point of Columbus Day was to gain recent Italian immigrants to America acceptance by those already here. Italian immigrants and especially Sicilians were treated horribly by Americans - lynchings were not unheard of. The idea was to point to an heroic Italian who played
a large part in the founding of the country.
It’s largely a myth but it served it’s purpose in mainstreaming Italians in American society.
The Italians and Sicilians exacted their revenge……

The main point of Columbus Day was to gain recent Italian immigrants to America acceptance by those already here. Italian immigrants and especially Sicilians were treated horribly by Americans - lynchings were not unheard of. The idea was to point to an heroic Italian who played
a large part in the founding of the country.
It’s largely a myth but it served it’s purpose in mainstreaming Italians in American society.
Except Italy as a country did not exist at the time of Columbus. Genova was one of several maritime republics on the peninsula.

Columbus isn’t particularly regarded as a hero in Italy — he was sailing for Spain. In fact, when the first calls the U.S. came to abolish Columbus Day, there was a demonstration in Genova in support of an Indigenous People’s Day. We happened to be in the country visiting, and saw the march on the news.

Progressive commentator Eric Bryan Stone said recently on his Tik Tok page that Christopher Columbus was a genocidal racist and white Americans must end the holiday once and for all. What do you think, should the holiday be gone?

Wait, that's still a holiday?

By this point we know he wasn't the first to find anything, was an asshole to the locals, and really was only known for it because history was written in his favor for literally centuries.

Except Italy as a country did not exist at the time of Columbus. Genova was one of several maritime republics on the peninsula.

Columbus isn’t particularly regarded as a hero in Italy — he was sailing for Spain. In fact, when the first calls the U.S. came to abolish Columbus Day, there was a demonstration in Genova in support of an Indigenous People’s Day. We happened to be in the country visiting, and saw the march on the news.
True - but all the same that was the motivation of those who advocated for Columbus Day.

Strange thing (To me), Columbus made four journeys to the New World, but never once set foot in what is now the modern day United States. His routes below>>

And his brutal enslavement and treatment of indigenous West Indian populations has been pretty well documented, to the extent that he literally completely wiped out a number of different pre-Columbian tribes by working them to death in his silver mines in Cuba.

View attachment 67387258

Another thing I couldn't understand as a kid. Besides "discover" that it was "America" vs Cuba (and S. America). Had difficulty with that one, too.

How come Amerigo Vespucci never got a day?

Back
Top Bottom