• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Comey: "I don't recall"; "I don't remember";"i I don't know" - 245 Times as his LIES CONTINUE

Re: Comey: "I don't recall"; "I don't remember";"i I don't know" - 245 Times as his LIES CONTINUE

Why does the media give him the air time? And why do you watch it? James Comey is a political hack and, a pathetic joke! The funny part about James is that he has some demands or something that he would be accepting for a testimony or whatever! If I was on the committee I would say testify or don’t because you are not important

The media gives him air time because he needs their protection.

People watch the media because they are useful idiots who hate Trump.

Comey if fighting for his life.

Re: Comey: "I don't recall"; "I don't remember";"i I don't know" - 245 Times as his LIES CONTINUE

Outrageous. Proven liar/felony leaker James Comey refused to answer the PERTINENT QUESTIONS that Congress correctly sought the answers to, by using the Obama Swamp De Fault Lies by Ommission...saying he "did not remember" ...or "Didn't know" what his OWN AGENCY WAS DOING 245 times during House testimony this week.

And, of course, the Left has NO PROBLEM WITH IT....

#sickofthebullcrap

I see this is the GOP talking point o' the day. :roll:

Can you be specific about incidents of "I don't know" where he did know?

Comey knows how to play the media like a fiddle. They are his useful idiots.

"But Trump..." is all you can muster. This thread is about Comeys dissembling. Not Trump. Lets see if you can focus your mind long enough to address that. Personally, I dont think you can do it.

Can you point to any examples?

Here's a link to the testimony: https://www.lawfareblog.com/document-transcript-james-comeys-dec-7-interview-house-committees

The first "I don't know" was about why someone else sent a text and what they meant by it. How can Comey know the answer? The second "I don't know" was about whether the FBI (current) wants the names of FBI agents not yet publicly identified in the record. The third example was about Mueller's decision to fire Strzock. How can he know Mueller's motivation or what he used to make that decision. The fourth was about an unknown reason to IGNORE the texts we've seen and keep Strzock on the case. The fifth was referring to the word "insidious" and what Gowdy meant by that word, while agreeing with Gowdy that the appearance of bias is as important as the fact of bias. The sixth was about an explanation that Strzock could give that might allow him to remain on the investigation - Comey says he doesn't know of a good enough explanation by Strzock that would have allowed him to stay on Mueller's team - Comey repeatedly agreed he was appropriately removed.

Etc.

So which of the "I don't know" or similar are problematic in your view?

The real bullcrap is asking him the same partisan questions he's already answered in an open hearing just for political points with their base and a vindictive president that believe in conspiracy theories. The republicans in congress know they have nothing on Clinton and it's a lesson in futility.

The fact that people like you are blind enough to swallow this horse and pony show is another pile of bullcrap.

And it's entirely plausible he doesn't remember ever detail and doesn't want to contradict past testimony. He is human.

It's even more plausible that when asked in a hearing what motivated someone else, such as Mueller to fire Strzock, that he doesn't know because he didn't make that decision and hasn't talked to Mueller about why he did X or Y. Or that when asked what was said in meetings he didn't attend, which questions were asked, why they were or weren't asked, when he played no part on those proceedings, that no amount of perfect recall can inform him of stuff he simply wasn't a party to.

Comey is a Never-Trumper. They come from the right and the left. The guy who just died was a Never-Trumper.

Ever notice how many "never trumpers" knew trump for many years???

Illegal Witch hunt? It's neither a witch hunt nor illegal. But yeah you go with that if it makes feel better.

And how do you know there was no collusion (conspiracy to effect the election in collusion with a foreign government). The results aren't in yet, but there is plenty of evidence of those around Trump working with the Russians.

You must have missed the news, trump said there was no collusion.

Case, closed!!!

We’ll be sure to count the number of times trump says “I don’t recall” when it’s his turn.

How easily they forget Reagan developed that tactict at the Iran contra hearings.

Doe the phrase "I have no recollection of those events" ring a bell???

Comey knows how to play the media like a fiddle. They are his useful idiots.

I disagree.

The media are his partners. He's not playing them...they are working together.

So can you tell me the difference between Edward Snowden and Comey ? Both linked stuff and one of them is hiding from the government and the other is jumping around and asking for a hearing

You must have missed the news, trump said there was no collusion.

Case, closed!!!

Perhaps Trump should have said - "I do not recall any collusion, which I remembered knowing about, at the time that it was forgotten". Don't mis-underestimate the ability of Trump to utter some nonsense, let me tell you.

Outrageous. Proven liar/felony leaker James Comey refused to answer the PERTINENT QUESTIONS that Congress correctly sought the answers to, by using the Obama Swamp De Fault Lies by Ommission...saying he "did not remember" ...or "Didn't know" what his OWN AGENCY WAS DOING 245 times during House testimony this week.

#sickofthebullcrap

Hillary taught him how to do that.

And, how is he fighting for his life? So media is apparently ips? He’s a former Federal Bureau Of Investigation Director and he’s scared for his life? Give me a break

Yeah, and he basically called Hillary Clinton a ****ing idiot:

Here's what James Comey said about Hillary Clinton's emails back in July
The Comey Letter Probably Cost Clinton The Election
Hillary Clinton: Without the Comey letter, ‘the evidence shows I would have won’

Comey is one of the few public officials to not take sides in this clown car of an election/era. He is one of the few individuals I'd trust.
To hell with Trump and Clinton, I'm on Team Comey (if anyone).

I used to be on team Comey, even when I was p.o.'d over his letting Hillary skate. I believed that he was a man of integrity, and would do the right thing as best he knew it. The fact that both sides hated him was only in his favor. And had Trump been smart, and not followed clown Kurshner's clueless advice, Comey would have remained in place and most likely the investigation wouldn't have sought to manufacture new crimes were none existed previously.

HOWEVER, my view of Comey has slowly eroded and I find his recent behavior inexcusable, just more of the "dark state" stonewalling that occurs on every level of government. He went from having reasonable recall in testimony a year to now obvious lying about his memory. And he turns to the FBI lawyer to take direction on whether or not he should shut up, so as to protect his precious culture. Clearly Comey is loyal only to the corrupting FBI wall of silence, a mirror of what is wrong with most of law enforcement.

Serpico he is not.

I used to be on team Comey, even when I was p.o.'d over his letting Hillary skate. I believed that he was a man of integrity, and would do the right thing as best he knew it. The fact that both sides hated him was only in his favor. And had Trump been smart, and not followed clown Kurshner's clueless advice, Comey would have remained in place and most likely the investigation wouldn't have sought to manufacture new crimes were none existed previously.

HOWEVER, my view of Comey has slowly eroded and I find his recent behavior inexcusable, just more of the "dark state" stonewalling that occurs on every level of government. He went from having reasonable recall in testimony a year to now obvious lying about his memory. And he turns to the FBI lawyer to take direction on whether or not he should shut up, so as to protect his precious culture. Clearly Comey is loyal only to the corrupting FBI wall of silence, a mirror of what is wrong with most of law enforcement.

Serpico he is not.

What specifically did he lie about? I certainly hope you're not just taking Trump's word for it.

So can you tell me the difference between Edward Snowden and Comey ? Both linked stuff and one of them is hiding from the government and the other is jumping around and asking for a hearing

Apples and oranges.

And, how is he fighting for his life? So media is apparently ips? He’s a former Federal Bureau Of Investigation Director and he’s scared for his life? Give me a break

The President holds the "Trump" card: Declassification and release of information.

But hey...Comey isn't the only one who is scared ****less.

Perhaps Trump should have said - "I do not recall any collusion, which I remembered knowing about, at the time that it was forgotten". Don't mis-underestimate the ability of Trump to utter some nonsense, let me tell you.

I used to have a bathroom book of "Bushisms"along with a calendar of daily examples of stupid **** be said.

Bush was like Brett farve when he played for the packers, I grudgingly liked the guy...

#sickofthebullcrap

Comey apparently attended the Hillary Klinton school of "I don't recall.

Serpico he is not.

Can you provide an example of "obvious lying" in his testimony? I didn't see that in what I read of his testimony.

And I only read the first 100 pages or so, but he turned to the lawyer on questions concerning ongoing investigations, such as the original 4 targets of the investigation. What should Comey do in those cases - just blurt them out? Like it or not, there is a currently ongoing investigation by the SC operating under the DoJ, so that fact is obviously relevant to what he can and cannot talk about, even in a closed session, and a DoJ lawyer making that call is appropriate.

You're blaming him for essentially doing what's required of him by the law, and CURRENT DoJ representatives.

WHAT LITTLE WE LEARNED OR WAS CONFIRMED

1). Comey idolizes Mueller, almost to the point of hero worship.

2). "Comey told lawmakers that the FBI launched its Russia counterintelligence investigation into four individuals, and not the Trump campaign itself."

3). The FBI told him to not answer questions about the sources of the Hillary funded Trump dossier, blocking investigation of the Carter Page warrant's handling.

4). Comey said he didn't need to reveal to the FISA court that Hillary Clinton campaign was behind the Steele dossier, so he did not - meaning he didn't have to do the right thing, so he didn't.

5). It remains unclear how much or if any of the dossier was verified before the Page warrant was obtained. All Comey said is that they were trying to figure that out.

6). Comey, who had testified earlier that he thought Flynn didn't lie in his FBI interviews, now says he is "glad that (Flynn) was held accountable for his crimes and that he was assisting the United States. So it seemed to me like a just outcome."

The dark state strikes back.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/08/...ey-transcript-clinton-trump-russia/index.html

I disagree.

The media are his partners. He's not playing them...they are working together.

You make a very fine point my good sir.

Can you provide an example of "obvious lying" in his testimony? I didn't see that in what I read of his testimony.

And I only read the first 100 pages or so, but he turned to the lawyer on questions concerning ongoing investigations, such as the original 4 targets of the investigation. What should Comey do in those cases - just blurt them out? Like it or not, there is a currently ongoing investigation by the SC operating under the DoJ, so that fact is obviously relevant to what he can and cannot talk about, even in a closed session, and a DoJ lawyer making that call is appropriate.

You're blaming him for essentially doing what's required of him by the law, and CURRENT DoJ representatives.

He has not forgotten 245 events on previous testimony - suddenly his nearly senile? Oh please...that is evidence enough.

Serpico he is not.

What specifically did he lie about? I certainly hope you're not just taking Trump's word for it.

*bump*

He's lying about his lack of recall. The difference in recall between his prior testimonies and this one are marked - 245 lapses of memory are not believable nor normal. It's called dodging.

Back
Top Bottom