• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Comey: "I don't recall"; "I don't remember";"i I don't know" - 245 Times as his LIES CONTINUE

Re: Comey: "I don't recall"; "I don't remember";"i I don't know" - 245 Times as his LIES CONTINUE

That's what I assumed. Sounds like this thread is based on nothing but a badly done hatchet job.

Yes, you'll notice when asked for examples, our conservative friends dutifully repeating the Trump talking ran away....

This is EXACTLY why Comey was correct to insist on a release of the transcript. We could all assume that the "Comey said "I don't know" or similar 245 times!!!" talking point was BS, but without the transcript we couldn't know for sure and debunk them. Now we can. Thanks Comey!

Re: Comey: "I don't recall"; "I don't remember";"i I don't know" - 245 Times as his LIES CONTINUE

The GOP controlled investigation that called Comey to testify should have done as he asked and had the questioning in public. Then we would know the whole truth. Maybe Comey knew they were trying to trap him and did the best thing you can do, not remember anything.

If that is in fact what Comey did, then he is guilty of perjury. He could have just cited his rights under the the fifth amendment. His reasons for not doing that obviously are one, he did not want to appear guilty, and two, by now he knows that anyone chummy with the left will not likely be indicted, so he is cool with perjury. after all Hillary got a pass.

It's weird how you guys crying "perjury trap!" never link to what he actually agreed he did.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1015126/download

He didn't misremember a detail - he lied about multiple phone calls with multiple people, here and in Russia. Took direction from the transition team, conveyed it to Russia, communicated the contents of discussions with the Russians back to the transition, multiple times. Then when asked said, "Who me? Nothing!"

And of course the issue then and now is did the Russians and members of the campaign 'collude' during the election. So here we have Obama punishing the Russians for interfering (that much is undisputed) and the incoming administration, suspected of possible 'collusion' telling Russia - "Hey, no big deal guys! We don't care about that stuff!" So it's not a trivial thing to lie about given what was being investigated.

No offense, but you lack the foggiest clue what you are talking bout. Mueller has all but given up on Russian collusion. And as for Flynn. Until his testimony before the weekend, Comey did not think Flynn lied. McCabe did not think Flynn lied, neither did anyone else in the FBI that interrogated him. Mueller is a prosecutor in search of a crime. In his haste to go after Trump, Mueller is simply throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Trump associates in hopes of turning them against Trump for a lenient sentence. In Flynn's case it absolutely was a perjury trap. And even if you think he lied, and is guilty, it is merely a process crime.

Well, he pled guilty to it with the advice of his attorneys, so that's wrong - it is a crime, obviously and clearly.

And then you quoted and ignored my actual point... :roll:

He pled guilty to lying, not to talking to Russia. Try and keep up.

No offense, but you lack the foggiest clue what you are talking bout. Mueller has all but given up on Russian collusion. And as for Flynn. Until his testimony before the weekend, Comey did not think Flynn lied. McCabe did not think Flynn lied, neither did anyone else in the FBI that interrogated him.

That bolded is actually a lie. If you want to quote Comey and McCabe making those claims, go for it, but you cannot. Besides, Flynn admitted over a year ago to these lies you say he didn't make - I linked to exactly what he admitted to falsifying. Yours is an absurdly bad position.

Mueller is a prosecutor in search of a crime. In his haste to go after Trump, Mueller is simply throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Trump associates in hopes of turning them against Trump for a lenient sentence. In Flynn's case it absolutely was a perjury trap. And even if you think he lied, and is guilty, it is merely a process crime.

It's not what I think - it's what Flynn swore to before a judge, which is that he lied. Mueller listed the lies, and Flynn's signature is attached to this statement:

I have read every word of this Statement of the Offense, or have had it read to me.
Pursuant to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 11, after consulting with my attorneys, I agree
and stipulate to this Statement of the Offense, and declare under penalty of perjury that it is true
and correct.

So what you're suggesting is Flynn lied under penalty of perjury, when he admitted to lying. It's bizarre... :roll:

He pled guilty to lying, not to talking to Russia. Try and keep up.

Well, he pled guilty to lying about his conversations with Russia, on the sanctions and the UN vote, so on two different matters. He also lied on his FARA filings about his lobbying for Turkey, which is also a crime. I'm keeping up fine. I have no idea what nonsense story you're trying to peddle. Here's the statement of the offenses to which Flynn agreed and to which he pled guilty.

He admitted that the Obama Swamp KGB-FBI/DOJ KNOWINGLY USED the UNVERIFIED DOSSIER for the FISA WARRANTS...while SWEARING TO ITS VALIDITY to the FISA COURT.

Jimmy is gonna need more than the DOJ Swamp Defense Team of lawyers before this is over...as will some other Obama Swamp Creatures...

comey the liar.jpg

That bolded is actually a lie. If you want to quote Comey and McCabe making those claims, go for it, but you cannot. Besides, Flynn admitted over a year ago to these lies you say he didn't make - I linked to exactly what he admitted to falsifying. Yours is an absurdly bad position.

It's not what I think - it's what Flynn swore to before a judge, which is that he lied. Mueller listed the lies, and Flynn's signature is attached to this statement:

So what you're suggesting is Flynn lied under penalty of perjury, when he admitted to lying. It's bizarre... :roll:

He fell on his sword when Mueller threatened to go after his son. And in any case guilty or not, it is still merely a process crime if you understand what that is. Ultimately he will be pardoned.

He fell on his sword when Mueller threatened to go after his son. And in any case guilty or not, it is still merely a process crime if you understand what that is. Ultimately he will be pardoned.

Okee dokee. New goal posts! I'll pass.

Okee dokee. New goal posts! I'll pass.
Have a nice day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom