• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN drops Marc Lamont Hill after anti-Israel remarks

Marc Lamont Hill is a racist, hateful, angry ass that foments divisiveness and anti-American sentiment, wherever he goes. Given that, I'm surprised that CNN fired him.

What debate? What are you trying to say?

I'm saying the very things you attack others over are the things you do all by yourself

There's little doubt , judging by those racist images you threw up recently , that you calling people out for alleged racism is pure projection

That your insistence that people who are drawn to politics are brought there by their hatred and wish to be hateful to others is , again , pure projection

Your accusations about people that disagree with you are " dodging " in some way is only true of yourself and is, thus, obviously also projection

Marc Lamont Hill is a racist, hateful, angry ass that foments divisiveness and anti-American sentiment, wherever he goes. Given that, I'm surprised that CNN fired him.

He wasn't fired for " anti American " sentiment though. He was fired for an alleged anti Israeli sentiment which , as I have said here before , is revealing of just how incredible the situation is

I'll give you something to consider

Imagine a person working for an American news station who is so viciously critical of US foreign policy that many viewers perceive him as promoting " anti American " sentiments but he actually loses his job for criticizing/attacking Iran instead

I find it staggering that people in the US are so conditioned that they fail to see the absurdity in being sacked for criticizing Israel but holding down your job whilst criticizing the US , in the US

Amazing result for the Israeli PR/ propaganda industry imo

I'm saying the very things you attack others over are the things you do all by yourself...

Of course you do, but I disagree since you've already proved to everyone your support for people like Marc wiping Israel off the map.

Of course you do, but I disagree since you've already proved to everyone your support for people like Marc wiping Israel off the map.

I've proven what I have claimed about you so your disagreement with it holds no water . Israel is wiping itself off the map at some future date if it carries on down the same path and you are supporting that whereas I am being forced into accepting it. Different thing altogether

Is being pro-Palestine automatically being anti-Israel?

He wasn't let go so much because of "anti-Israel" remarks as he was for "pro-Hamas" remarks.

Good riddance, I say.

Is being pro-Palestine automatically being anti-Israel?

Not at all but you would never know that from what is passed off as alleged informed opinion here

Not only that, it gets worse . If you are pro Palestinian you are a racist by definition

Also you will often be described as a " supporter of terrorism " if you hold the legally confirmed position that enables a people under a foreign military occupation that are engaged in a national liberation struggle the right to resist up to and including armed resistance. Obviously there are legitimate means to resist ( attacking soldiers ) and illegitimate means ( attacking civilians/terrorism ). But the reality here is that if you show any support for the former you will be constantly accused of supporting the latter.

They are , imo , just standard smear tactics used by people who struggle to defend their own odious positions

Not at all but you would never know that from what is passed off as alleged informed opinion here

Not only that, it gets worse . If you are pro Palestinian you are a racist by definition

Also you will often be described as a " supporter of terrorism " if you hold the legally confirmed position that enables a people under a foreign military occupation that are engaged in a national liberation struggle the right to resist up to and including armed resistance. Obviously there are legitimate means to resist ( attacking soldiers ) and illegitimate means ( attacking civilians/terrorism ). But the reality here is that if you show any support for the former you will be constantly accused of supporting the latter.

They are , imo , just standard smear tactics used by people who struggle to defend their own odious positions

Palestine-Israel is probably the most divisive topic, imo. Guns and Abortion aren't too far behind.

Palestine-Israel is probably the most divisive topic, imo. Guns and Abortion aren't too far behind.

Yep I don't disagree with that

He wasn't let go so much because of "anti-Israel" remarks as he was for "pro-Hamas" remarks.

Good riddance, I say.

He is alleged to have said" from the river to the sea " which as he pointed out himself is a phrase that predates the Hamas movement by decades. Recall too that Israel was quite happy to see Hamas grow itself when it was being used as a counter balance to the PLO

I think some of the things he said in his defence are actually beautiful thoughts to have in your heart. That he has been singled out for the above only shows the viciousness displayed by many pro Israel individuals and groups and the pressure that exerts on others imo.

I've proven what I have claimed about you so your disagreement with it holds no water . Israel is wiping itself off the map at some future date if it carries on down the same path and you are supporting that whereas I am being forced into accepting it. Different thing altogether

I'm sure you're a legend in your own mind but I haven't clue about what you think you've proven.

Of course you don't but thanks for admitting you've never been there.
It's all on the internet, doanchaknow?

Nobody needs to go anywhere anymore and everybody with an IP can spout forth to his or her heart's content, without bothering about anyone with actual personal experience.

In truth not the age of the knowledgeable but the age of those wishing to see themselves as that.

Have you ever been there? Have you been to Israel? Any other nations in the region? Have you even left your home state? Been outside the US?
doesn't know the facts on the ground, in fact doesn't even know the ground.

And, to the best of my knowledge, British.

doesn't know the facts on the ground, in fact doesn't even know the ground

The problem is not "not knowing the facts on the ground", the problem is 'knowing' alternative ones created on countless of small websites maintained by very ill minded individuals, and pushing this alternative reality over that which we all live in.

Don’t know all the complicating factors that might make this impossible, but what would be defective about a state such as (I believe) Lebanon used to be: a multi ethnic/religious state with strong guarantees for each group? My fears are that demographic change will drive Israel —which I support— to resemble what South Africa used to look like. This is probably a defective analogy, but the situation reminds me of the US western frontier, with Palestinians in the role of Indians and Israelis as settlers, with atrocities by the natives avenged by the cavalry.

Don’t know all the complicating factors that might make this impossible, but what would be defective about a state such as (I believe) Lebanon used to be: a multi ethnic/religious state with strong guarantees for each group? My fears are that demographic change will drive Israel —which I support— to resemble what South Africa used to look like. This is probably a defective analogy, but the situation reminds me of the US western frontier, with Palestinians in the role of Indians and Israelis as settlers, with atrocities by the natives avenged by the cavalry.

Only that Jews in this case are native to the land of Judea and Arabs are settlers who came from Arabia.
And regardless there is no such fear, as the "one-state solution" - the situation you describe where Israel gets dismantled and Israelis and Palestinians live in one united state and the Palestinians become a majority through demographics - is no more of a possibility than one where the US decides to dismantle itself tomorrow and cease to exist. That is so because Israel has no reason to dismantle itself thus allowing such so-called "solution".

Fingers crossed the Netanyahu's are arrested, charged with corruption and thrown in jail. These 2 neo-nazis belong in jail.

I'm sure you're a legend in your own mind but I haven't clue about what you think you've proven.

Well now , you claim to have been there and thus infer that your opinion should hold more weight. I don't know if you have actually been there but let's assume for arguments sake that you have.

We need only look at your comments regarding the numbers of Palestinians inhabiting the different areas under discussion to see that your were so far off the mark with them it was obvious you didn't really know what you were talking about.

I'm sure that you will give other examples of a floored knowledge of the different aspects that make up this conflict as time goes by and it will be your own comments that will prove the ridiculous nature of your claim in the end

It's all on the internet, doanchaknow?

Nobody needs to go anywhere anymore and everybody with an IP can spout forth to his or her heart's content, without bothering about anyone with actual personal experience.

In truth not the age of the knowledgeable but the age of those wishing to see themselves as that.

You were the one that corrected his completely wrong view on the numbers of Palestinians involved but are supporting, in the above, his assertion and claiming it to be unquestionable ( " the truth " ) perhaps not knowing that in doing so you completely undermine your own argument :roll:

IT's not what he knows, or in this case what he evidently doesn't know , it is who he is against that imo prompted your comments and ultimately left you undermining your own proposition Always the best way to see it done imo :)

The problem is not "not knowing the facts on the ground", the problem is 'knowing' alternative ones created on countless of small websites maintained by very ill minded individuals, and pushing this alternative reality over that which we all live in.

B'tselem are on the ground in the illegally Occupied Territories just to cite one group I regularly read. As are Gisha along with many many others groups and individuals.

Before you condemn them I would just remind you that the claims you have made about them thus far have been based on an ignorance of their work and positions

It's something of a one state reality as it is now , with Israel ultimately de facto controlling all the regions of the former post Jordan Palestinian territory with differing levels of rights abuses and levels of violence used to maintain that control.

That's why there are moves to accept that reality and just support a civil rights movement in order that all people have equal , or at least , much more equal rights

Not sure how the Palestinians can outnumber the Israelis; there are about 750,000 Palestinians outside Israel and about 250,000 inside without about 6 million Israelis.

You really are a long way off the mark with those figures.

There's almost 5 Million Palestinians in just Gaza and the West Bank alone.

This is why the Right of Return is arguably, (apart from the status of Jerusalem), the most contentious issue in the whole I/P conflict.

Back
Top Bottom