• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clint eastwood: Dems exploited 'poor slob' khan

As the prevailing assumption seems to be "He's a Muslim, he wants Sharia Law in the United States!", I guess by that logic all Christians really do want to see gay people put to death and want to see all children who "curse" their parents put to death. That's after all what Leviticus says.

I was thinking of that poor chair too. Oh, the humanity! Oh, the carpentry!

Ha! I wonder whatever happened to that chair. Is it in the Smithsonian?

Actually it's probably in Donald Trump's solid gold master bathroom in his penthouse, and he had it converted to a port-a-potty, which he used to plot his plan to destroy the entire Republican Party.

If you read either of them, as I did, you would know what he said. He was writing legal opinion pieces, one on someone's words at a seminar and one on Muslim jurists. He never said he supported Sharia Law.

Why would you assume I didn't read them? I find it difficult to believe you could reach the conclusion you did if you read them.

Are you familiar with Dr. A.K. Brohi? I wasn't until I looked into him.

Khan writes in his book review that Brohi successfully explains the Islamic concepts of right and just, etc..

That's not legal opinion, that's emotional acceptance.

Why would you assume I didn't read them? I find it difficult to believe you could reach the conclusion you did if you read them.

Are you familiar with Dr. A.K. Brohi? I wasn't until I looked into him.

Khan writes in his book review that Brohi successfully explains the Islamic concepts of right and just, etc..

That's not legal opinion, that's emotional acceptance.

If you read them, you would not have used them as "proof" that Khan supports Sharia law. In fact, it's impossible to make that claim given that he was providing legal and 1300 years of historical interpretation of Islamic Law, not his personal interpretation.

No I wasn't familiar with Brohi until after reading the Khan pieces, both of which are decades old, by the way. According to Khan, Brohi accurately explained Islamic concepts of right and wrong. If I posted my explanation of the Nazi concepts of right and wrong, and you comment on and interpret my explanation and said I correctly summed it up, by that logic you agree with the Nazi opinions of right and wrong.

Clint Eastwood says the Democrats used the Gold Star family as pawns at the convention.
We got Clint leaving Craig's in WeHo Wednesday night, and he had criticism for both parties. He clearly thinks Trump crossed the line in his now-famous feud with the Khan family, but he thinks the Dems share in the blame for putting the grieving family on display for political gain.

Clint Eastwood Says Democrats Exploited Khan Family | TMZ.com

Clint said Trump said a lot of stupid things. I agree with that. :)

If you read them, you would not have used them as "proof" that Khan supports Sharia law. In fact, it's impossible to make that claim given that he was providing legal and 1300 years of historical interpretation of Islamic Law, not his personal interpretation.

No I wasn't familiar with Brohi until after reading the Khan pieces, both of which are decades old, by the way. According to Khan, Brohi accurately explained Islamic concepts of right and wrong. If I posted my explanation of the Nazi concepts of right and wrong, and you comment on and interpret my explanation and said I correctly summed it up, by that logic you agree with the Nazi opinions of right and wrong.

My interpretation differs from yours.

Using your example, if you were posting comments about Nazi's, and wrote Hitler "successfully" explains his reasoning behind the final solution, I would have the same opinion about you and I do about Khan. Had you been posting that Hitler "tried" to explain his reasoning, or "attempted" to explain, I wouldn't have that conclusion.

When someone writes a review and suggests the author has been "successful", that is approval, not detached review.

My interpretation differs from yours.

Using your example, if you were posting comments about Nazi's, and wrote Hitler "successfully" explains his reasoning behind the final solution, I would have the same opinion about you and I do about Khan. Had you been posting that Hitler "tried" to explain his reasoning, or "attempted" to explain, I wouldn't have that conclusion.

When someone writes a review and suggests the author has been "successful", that is approval, not detached review.

I am shaking my head and the lengths to which you will stretch.

If a book reviewer says that Vincent Bugliosi accurately detailed and chronicled all of Charles Manson's plans, schemes, and acts in "Helter Skelter", nobody in a million years would say that the book reviewer approved of Charles Manson's deeds.

If you don't understand that, this discussion is hopeless. I always liked and respected you as a poster but what you've done here disappoints me.

Ha! I wonder whatever happened to that chair. Is it in the Smithsonian?

Actually it's probably in Donald Trump's solid gold master bathroom in his penthouse, and he had it converted to a port-a-potty, which he used to plot his plan to destroy the entire Republican Party.

If that's actually what he had in mind, I guess he's not as bad as I thought. (I still won't vote for him, of course.)

The elder is a publicity hog and is happily exploited by the DNC.

Which of course, will send out the azz kisser base on the left to follow suit.

I guess everyone who speaks at any party convention has to be a "publicity hog" and "happily exploited" by that party, then.

There was a reason the trees wouldn't listen to Clint when he talked to them...

Back
Top Bottom