• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Claremont students refuse to live with whites[W:139]

Re: Claremont students refuse to live with whites

well no **** Sherlock, you take anything to its extremes, it's likely to break down. If some white kids, living off campus and renting a private residence, want to find another roommate and only want another white kid; fine. Their prerogative. Why should they be forced to live with someone they don't want to? Freedom of association. Why would you force someone to live with people they don't like?

We're talking the color of the skin here, in this case the black did not want to live with a white guy. ****ing Sherlock, it has nothing to do with liking the white person or no but the color of his skin the black person hated.

In grad school, I once replied to a query for a roommate where the housemates were looking specifically for gamers. They didn't want jocks or frat boys or business majors (lol). They had a house, they all gamed, they wanted only gamer roommates. Should they have been forced to live with someone who hates games, or do they have some leeway in choosing a housemate? I'd say the latter.

Exactly, but the most important thing you left out was the color of a persons skin was not a criteria.

This isn't employment, this isn't acceptance into the University, this isn't anything other than a group of people looking for someone to room with and having restrictions upon that.

And that restriction is, if your are white I don't want you in my room.

And if you were white, why would you even want to live with any of these jerks?

How would I know they are jerks? Are you telling me if they are black they are jerks?

It would be a horrible experience that would likely devolve into something a lot worse than someone expressing some racist tendencies.

How would I know they would have racist tendencies, again are you telling me all blacks are racist and that I should never pick a black person to room with?

Of course that's exactly what's happening.

But their POC, so it's okay. Imagine the reaction to this if these were white students instead.

So if your a POC it's OK to be a racist and for the rest it's not. Interesting

Anybody who bothers responding to apdst is just wasting their time.

Liberals always resort to personal attacks when they lose, which happens about 5 minutes into a conversation.

Liberals always resort to personal attacks when they lose, which happens about 5 minutes into a conversation.

Nobody has ever "lost" to you, dude. They just tire of your inane antics and move on to more productive things, like trying to teach their dog Mandarin.

I'd say that Pitzers first two core "mission and values" statements have been a failure.

Pitzer Mission and Values

And yes, this IS racism. The same kind of racism that was in Jim Crow laws.

It's not Jim Crow. The government is not forcing them to live separate.

Do you guys really want to force the issue? How is forcing a racist to live with someone they don't like not completely insane?

Nobody has ever "lost" to you, dude. They just tire of your inane antics and move on to more productive things, like trying to teach their dog Mandarin.

People lose to me all the time. You have felt the sting of defeat many times. It's why you have nothing but insults.

What may not be extreme to you, but to others it's extreme. Think of it this way, how extreme would it be to the black community if a white boy demanded that he will only room with another white?

Ok, so instead of the racist telling people that they're racist they should instead invite people they hate into their home. I bet everyone involved would have a great time.

I'd say that Pitzers first two core "mission and values" statements have been a failure.

Pitzer Mission and Values

And yes, this IS racism. The same kind of racism that was in Jim Crow laws.
Some progressive is going to say African-Americans can't be racist because they don't control whites (as if that made any difference). Some African-Americans do control other African-Americans, though.

Re-read what I said. And then read post 13. I know its hard to acknowledge but fact remains, both instances are about one race separating another race from doing something specifically because of their skin color.

Jim Crow laws didn't force blacks and whites to live seperate, either. In most csses, Jim Crow laws allowed people to discriminate against other people based on race.

Moderator's Warning:
Last I knew this thread was not about either one of you. Stick to the topic and leave the personal crap behind.

People lose to me all the time. You have felt the sting of defeat many times. It's why you have nothing but insults.

Why in the hell would you not want to know that a person looking for a roommate is a racist? I mean really, why would you not want full disclosure? How is telling a racist to keep their mouth shut and accept people in their home they don't like a good idea? Why is every liberal idea on social relations insane?

Some progressive is going to say African-Americans can't be racist because they don't control whites (as if that made any difference). Some African-Americans do control other African-Americans, though.

they probably will, but all reasonable people know that's a bunch of BS.

This shows the problem with the loose use of wording.

Is this prejudicial? Yes.
Is it discrimination? Yes.
Is it based on race? Yes.

What it is not, is racism.
At no point did she say it was because she felt her race was superior to others.
At no point did she indicate a belief that whites are inferior.

This also shows the problem with today's education separating us even further.

Ok, so instead of the racist telling people that they're racist they should instead invite people they hate into their home. I bet everyone involved would have a great time.

First we're not talking about one racist but a group of racist.

So lets do this, lets apply that logic to everything in society, such as, if a racist employer wants an all white shop, so be it. All white collages, all white neighborhoods, all black anything. All races can discriminate all they want against all other races. Total segregation, that way I bet everyone involved would have a great time. I see you are all for segregation.

First we're not talking about one racist but a group of racist.

So lets do this, lets apply that logic to everything in society, such as, if a racist employer wants an all white shop, so be it. All white collages, all white neighborhoods, all black anything. All races can discriminate all they want against all other races. Total segregation, that way I bet everyone involved would have a great time. I see you are all for segregation.

You should learn what the term "freedom of choice" means. You should also learn the difference between living with someone and living down the road from someone. It's the difference between I have to deal with this asshole every ****ing day in the morning and every ****ing day at night, and there is this racist guy down the road. The one makes you miserable, while the other is just something you're aware of.

You should learn what the term "freedom of choice" means. You should also learn the difference between living with someone and living down the road from someone. It's the difference between I have to deal with this asshole every ****ing day in the morning and every ****ing day at night, and there is this racist guy down the road. The one makes you miserable, while the other is just something you're aware of.

Freedom of choice, I like that so lets do this, lets apply that logic to everything in society, such as, if a racist employer wants an all white shop, so he does not have to deal with someone everyday he hates because of his color. And to carry that hate of color further lets have all white collages, all white neighborhoods, all black anything. All races can discriminate all they want against all other races. Total segregation, that way I bet everyone involved would have a great time. I see you are all for segregation.

Segregation and avoidance are the easy way out and actually end up reinforcing racism. One would think that would be one of the first things one would learn in SJW classes, or a history course. Sounds like someone is radically unprepared for college.

Back
Top Bottom