• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christians and Israel

As I see it, the Jewish Folks are followers of the Old Testament (Abraham) and Christians are followers of the New Testament (Jesus).

It is true that in the Old Testament, it is claimed that God gave Israel a Promised Land.

However; in the New Testament, Jesus said that nothing said in the Old Testament was to hold true because Jesus was the new messiah and what the Old Testament (Abraham) said was no longer valid.

Here are the pertinent versus:

The Old Covenant which the Jewish Folks are all clamoring about today to justify their geography became obsolete and rendered dead with the pronouncement of the New Testament saying: with “A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.” [NASB When He said, "A new {covenant,}" He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.] Hebrews 8:13
Hebrews 8:13 By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

The Old Covenant [Talmud] heralded by the Jewish folks was replaced by the New Covenant which identified the reality behind the shadow: for the true Jews; for a spiritual people seeking a heavenly citizenship in “heavenly places in Christ Jesus” [New Jerusalem]. Ephesians 2:6
Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

In this sense, they too follow after Abraham who plainly declared that he was not seeking a visible homeland but an invisible homeland. “For he [Abraham] looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker [is] God” Hebrews 11:10
Hebrews 11:10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

As the converted Jewish scholar/apostle Paul declared: “"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither [is that] circumcision, which is outward in the flesh. But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God." Romans 2:28
Romans 2:28 A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.

So, everyone who subscribes to the ideas expressed by Jesus (New Covenant) are now known as Jews and not those who claim Abraham as their father.

In the Old Testament Scriptures, God’s chosen people were known as Israelites or Jews. The Israelites were the ones “to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises.” (Romans 9:4)
Romans 9:4 the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises.

Yet the Apostle Paul tells us, “They are not all Israel which are of Israel. Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, in Isaac shall thy seed be called.” St. Paul goes on to explain, “That is, they which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.” (Romans 9:6-8) The promise in Genesis was given to Abraham “because thou hast obeyed my voice.” Romans 9.6
Romans 9:6 It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

Today’s Jews, as for almost 2,000 years, have not obeyed God’s voice, but have rejected and cursed Christ and make a mockery of the teachings of the Christian Bible.

The Old Testament prophets, speaking infallibly and without error, thus foresaw this development, and that there would be a group called Israel and Jew which would not be the rightful heirs of Abraham.

As previously noted, Isaiah said to the true heirs of Abraham, “Thou shall be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name … and you shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall … call his servants by another name.” (Isaiah 62:2; Isaiah 65:15)
Isaiah 62:2 The nations will see your vindication, and all kings your glory; you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will bestow.
Isaiah 65:15 You will leave your name for my chosen ones to use in their curses; the Sovereign LORD will put you to death, but to his servants he will give another name.

Although God changed the name of His chosen ones once, He will never do so again, for He said of this new name, “I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.” (Isaiah 56:5)
Isaiah 56:5 to them I will give within my temple and its walls a memorial and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that will endure forever.

And, finally, the frenzied ignorance of geographical and racist suppositions never cease to amaze me.

The delusional imaginings which pretend the idea that a large chunk of the Middle East still belongs to the national Jews today, including the ancient lands of Edom and Moab, even though God said in Deuteronomy 2:5, 9 that He would never give those lands to the Jews.
Deuteronomy 2:5 Do not provoke them to war, for I will not give you any of their land, not even enough to put your foot on. I have given Esau the hill country of Seir as his own.

Many people wrongly presuppose that God's covenant with Abraham, including the land grant, as an unconditional covenant. The truth is that the Talmud narrative pointedly shows that the Jews have broken that Covenant and all that remains is the stubborn insistence that Palestine still belongs to the Jews because God gave it to them ‘forever’. The Talmud/Old Testament clearly teaches that God's covenant with Abraham and his descendants was a conditional Covenant, not unconditional as some delusions might suppose.

In Genesis 17:9-14 the Jews were warned that they must keep the covenant or be cut off from God's people.
Genesis 17:9 Then God said to Abraham, "As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come.

Joshua 23:15-16 and 2 Chronicles 7:19-22 not only teach that the covenant was conditional, but they also specify that the Jews would lose their land grant if they broke the covenant.
Joshua 23:15 But just as all the good things the LORD your God has promised you have come to you, so he will bring on you all the evil things he has threatened, until the LORD your God has destroyed you from this good land he has given you.
2 Chronicles 7:19 "But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them,

The Jews did not keep the conditions of the covenant, and for this reason God took away the kingdom of God from them, Matthew 21:42-45, and gave it to the New Israel (Galatians 6:16,) the Church which consists of believing Jews and Gentiles.
Joshua 23:15 But just as all the good things the LORD your God has promised you have come to you, so he will bring on you all the evil things he has threatened, until the LORD your God has destroyed you from this good land he has given you.
Galatians 6:16 Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule--to the Israel of God.

The final disappearance of the old covenant took place in 70 AD when the Romans destroyed the Temple, the City of Jerusalem, and the Jewish state. There is no statement or hint in the New Testament that God will revive the Jewish state. The inheritance of the new Spiritual Israel is not land in the Middle East, but rather the New Jerusalem in heaven. The old Jerusalem on earth is of absolutely no importance to God's people, John 4:21, Galatians 4:24-28, Hebrews 12:18-24.
John 4:21 "Woman," Jesus replied, "believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
Galatians 4:24 These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.
Hebrews 12:18 You have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom and storm;

The Apostle Paul refers to Christians as the faithful sons of Abraham, the circumcision, and as members of the commonwealth of Israel. In so doing, he was referring to the Church which follows the teachings of Jesus ... a spiritual Israel. Paul also mentioned the "Jerusalem above" as the "mother of us all", and his identification of the "heavenly Jerusalem" was with the "church of the firstborn".
Galatians 4:26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

It is the Christians who are members of the "household of God", of which Christ is the "firstborn among many brethren" (Romans 8:29).
Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

This is Christianity which has been "built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets". Ephesians 2:20
Ephesians 2:20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

The Israelites, as members of the chosen nation, were the adopted children of God according to the flesh. However, the Christian saints are now God's adopted children: "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God" (Romans 8:16).
Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

Thus, the importance of the nation of Israel is an historical one which typifies the role of the church as spiritual Israel. The church, under Christ, is that body through whom mankind, by faith, will be brought into the knowledge of God. It is even as the angel said to Mary: Luke 1:31-33: "You will conceive in your womb and bear a son; and He will be called Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give Him the throne of His forefather David; and He will be King over the House of Jacob for the Ages, and of His Kingdom there will be no end." [Weymouth]
Luke 1:31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus.

It seems to me that if any group was given what we might call "The Lands Of Promise" it certainly was the Muslims.

The Arab Lands are swimming in oil which is the very essence of life on this earth. Israel is almost a barren land. It has very little in natural resources and in fact there is very little water. Water is so scarce in Israel that a wall had to be built in order to scoop up all the water sources and wells on Palestinian Lands.

Religious Jews quite well realize the stark differences between what the Old Testament [Talmud] says and what the New Testament says.

US-Religion-RedCrossSymbols-Emblem.gif

Red Cross Logo/Insignia Differences - Israel Refused To Use A "Christian" Cruicifix
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Art/WORLD_NEWS/051208/RED_CROSS_SYMBOL.gif

Israel has turned Bethlehem (the cradle of Christianity) into a prison
By John Harris
November 05, 2005
Is Bethlehem to become merely a museum among ancient shrines? | World news | The Guardian

Christians Discriminated Against by Israel
By Donald Neff
Excerpted from Fifty Years of Israel
Christians Discriminated Against by Israel

Israel's Christians spitting mad
By Inigo Gilmore
October 13, 2004
Israel's Christians spitting mad - Telegraph

Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them
By Amiram Barkat
December 10, 2004
 Advertisement

United Against Spitting
By Gilad Atzmon
November 30, 2009
United Against Spitting by Gilad Atzmon

Mouths filled with hatred
By Larry Derfner
November 26, 2009
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1259231077244

Capital Anglos mobilize against practice of spitting at Christians
By Raphael Ahren
March 11, 2010
 Advertisement

Ultra-Orthodox spitting attacks on Old City clergymen becoming daily
Clergymen in the Armenian Church in Jerusalem say they are victims of harassment, from senior cardinals to priesthood students; when they do complain, the police don't usually find the perpetrators.
By Oz Rosenberg
November 04, 2011
Ultra-Orthodox spitting attacks on Old City clergymen becoming daily - Israel News | Haaretz

Armenian clergy subjected to Haredi spitting attacks
Police say that in every case where a complaint is filed, the offender has been caught thanks to security cameras installed in the Old City.
By Oz Rosenberg
November 06, 2011
 Advertisement

Bishops told to remove crucifixes at Jerusalem's Western Wall
May 01, 2008
http://www.maannews.net/en/index.php?opr=ShowDetails&ID=29027

We read where a man, (no anti-Semite), confessed: "I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh", (Rom 9:2, 3).

Did you notice how Paul referred to his Jewish roots? "According to the FLESH".

Here is a like minded Scripture: "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more", 2 Cor 5:16. "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us?", (Mark 6:3).,

So it is that we Christians have no attachment to ancestry nor fleshly descendants. We no longer attach sentiments for the natural world and it's earth centered citizens because we have been born again of the spirit and are become "new creatures" by the Spirit of God. As such, we're citizens of the Kingdom of God and we are attached to brothers and sisters who are spiritually born ... who own a spiritual heritage ... who belong to the family of God as His sons and daughters.

When Jesus was walking suntanned and fearless on the shores of Galilee, His followers properly recognized Him "after the flesh". But when Jesus arose on the Third Day and assumed his place/position at the right hand of God, His followers recognized him 'spiritually' ... no longer as Mary and Joseph's child ... not even as a Jew .. but as the triumphant King of the spiritual world.

Jesus Himself declared this principle of genuine spiritual citizenship: "While he yet talked to the people, behold, [his] mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother",

Can it be said that the geographical natural Jews are born again and have a desire to follow after the will of God as expressed in and through the teachings of Jesus? Absolutely not.

So, we should address the natural people of Israel in the same way that Jesus addressed His own mother. Jesus declared that he had no attachment to His natural brothers and sisters ... not those who belonged to Him visibly / naturally ... but only to those belonged to Him invisibly / spiritually ... those who owned a citizenship in the Kingdom of God.

This manner of conceptualizing is what forms the genuine Christian's spiritual inheritance.

Our Lord Jesus was not at one with Israel. It grieved Him that natural geographical Jerusalem rejected Him. Why? Because the Jews of Jesus' day were connected to a religion which Jesus vehemently denied.

Plain and simple: Israel is a nation in denial of our Christ ... and yet many Christians insist to remain connected to them religiously.

Our spiritual journey has us focused on the Jerusalem above ... where Christ is, and where for every natural Jew who accepts His sacrifice, a citizenship and place is prepared.

It's very disconcerting to see so many sincere Christians continuing to attach themselves to Israel.

Henry Frowde, the mysterious OUP publisher of Zionist Scofield Bible, was a lifelong Darbyite Plymouth Brother
By Maidhc Ó Cathail
August 01, 2014

“it remains a mystery” why the reputable Oxford University Press had a century earlier published The Scofield Reference Bible, the highly influential but controversial work whose annotated Zionist commentary on the Authorized King James Version has “induced generations of American evangelicals to believe that God demands their uncritical support for the modern State of Israel.”
Henry Frowde, the mysterious OUP publisher of Zionist Scofield Bible, was a lifelong Darbyite Plymouth Brother | The Passionate Attachment

"Judaized Christians, or Christian Zionists, are fond of turning the discipline of Bible study on its head by allowing the Old Testament to interpret and to clarify the New Testament when, in fact, the proper method of Christian Bible study is to do the opposite: allow the New Testament to shed light on and interpret the Old Testament."
"Thus these “Christians”, rather than following the teachings and example of Jesus Christ, which is found in the New Testament, will force the words of Christ and the Christian New Testament to comply with the Old Testament, especially regarding Israel."
--A. J. MacDonald Jr., The 100 Year-Old Duping of American Evangelical Christianity – Christian Zionism, October 04, 2011--
Challenging Christian Zionism and Apocalyptic Rapture Teachings on Israel and Palestine
https://ajmacdonaldjr.wordpress.com...an-evangelical-christianity-christian-zionism

“We Ought to Support Israel because God Said So”
The Myth of Abraham and America’s Allegiance to Israel
By Gary Leupp
December 23, 2014
The Myth of Abraham and America

Myth #8 – God gave the land to the Jews, so the Arabs are the occupiers.
By Jeremy R. Hammond
June 17, 2010

No amount of discussion of the facts on the ground will ever convince many Jews and Christians that Israel could ever do wrong, because they view its actions as having the hand of God behind it, and that its policies are in fact the will of God. They believe that God gave the land of Palestine, including the West Bank and Gaza Strip, to the Jewish people, and therefore Israel has a “right” to take it by force from the Palestinians, who, in this view, are the wrongful occupiers of the land.

But one may simply turn to the pages of their own holy books to demonstrate the fallaciousness of this or similar beliefs. Christian Zionists are fond of quoting passages from the Bible such as the following to support their Zionist beliefs:

“And Yahweh said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: ‘Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are – northward, southward, eastward, and westward; for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever. And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants could also be numbered. Arise, walk in the land through its length and its width, for I give it to you.”
--Genesis 13:14-17--

“Then Yahweh appeared to him and said: ‘Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land of which I shall tell you. Dwell in the land, and I will be with you and bless you; for to you and your descendants I give all these lands, and I will perform the oath which I swore to Abraham your father.”
--Genesis 26: 1-3--

“And behold, Yahweh stood above it and said: ‘I am Yahweh, God of Abraham your father, and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants.”
--Genesis 28:13--

Yet Christian Zionists conveniently disregard other passages providing further context for understanding this covenant, such as the following:

“You shall therefore keep all My statutes and all My judgments, and perform them, that the land where I am bringing you to dwell may not vomit you out.”
--Leviticus 20:22--

“But if you do not obey Me, and do not observe all these commandments … but break My covenant … I will bring the land to desolation, and your enemies who dwell in it shall be astonished at it. I will scatter you among the nations and draw out a sword after you; your land shall be desolate and your cities waste … You shall perish among the nations, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up.”
--Leviticus 26: 14, 15, 32-33, 28--

“Therefore Yahweh was very angry with Israel, and removed them from His sight; there was none left but the tribe of Judah alone…. So Israel was carried away from their own land to Assyria, as it is to this day.”
--2 Kings 17:18, 23--

“And I said, after [Israel] had done all these things, ‘Return to Me.’ But she did not return. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it. Then I saw that for all the causes for which backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a certificate of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but went and played the harlot also.”
--Jeremiah 3: 7-8--

Yes, in the Bible, Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, told the Hebrews that the land could be theirs – if they would obey his commandments. Yet, as the Bible tells the story, the Hebrews were rebellious against Yahweh in all their generations.

What Jewish and Christian Zionists omit from their Biblical arguments in favor of continued Israel occupation is that Yahweh also told the Hebrews, including the tribe of Judah (from whom the “Jews” are descended), that he would remove them from the land if they broke the covenant by rebelling against his commandments, which is precisely what occurs in the Bible.

Thus, the theological argument for Zionism is not only bunk from a secular point of view, but is also a wholesale fabrication from a scriptural perspective, representing a continued rebelliousness against Yahweh and his Torah, and the teachings of Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus the Christ) in the New Testament.

Top Ten Myths about the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict | Foreign Policy Journal

All ancestors of Adam are what are known as the “human race”. Adam was neither a Jew nor Muslim species. He was simply a human species. All who find their beginnings in Adam are a human species and belong to the human family and compose the human race. I don’t particularly recall where God or anyone else created a ‘Jewish race’ nor a ‘Muslim race’ … or, for that matter, a Protestant or Catholic race. God only created human beings and thus we are all simply that: human. To claim otherwise is preposterous. That would be like claiming that the DNA composition of a Jew or a Muslim or whatever other religious variety would be markedly different. But anyone with a half a brain in their head knows that the DNA of both a Muslim and a Jew is precisely identical.

Claims to the contrary are absolutely ludicrous. As Abraham of old, I too “ fell on his face and laughed” when reading opposing arguments. The Jews are not a race. Plain and simple.

Abraham was 99 years old when his god supposedly interrupted his day and introduced himself. Abraham was a Semite before this incident and remained a Semite after the incident. The singular item which changed was Abraham’s concept of a divine entity. And, like numerous tribes before him and after him, what did Abraham do? Not surprisingly, he created for himself and his offspring a religion!

Later we read where this new-found god of Abraham commanded him to kill his son Issac and thus revealed himself as something of a schizophrenic god who acts different to the very laws of creation which he himself instilled in every man’s heart. It is not a wonder why Islam was born; the Jews became a shame to their own religion. Not to mention the fact that their claim to serve such a schizophrenic god was not all that inviting to those seeking joy, peace and righteousness. (But this contrariety we should perhaps leave for another day).

Speaking of the creation laws of God: lets not forget why the Ten Commandments were chiseled in stone. It was because the conscience of the Israelites had become so hardened and ignorant of their humanity that the very creation laws of God were no longer speaking to them. So Moses had these creation laws become physically visible to compensate for those who, similar to the Pharoah of old, had hearts which had become hardened.

Inspite of all the clamour in these days of the Jews worshipping the god who revealed himself to Abraham, sadly their own prophet Jeremiah stands to accuse them saying: "And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also." Jeremiah 3:8
Jeremiah 3:8 I gave faithless Israel her certificate of divorce and sent her away because of all her adulteries. Yet I saw that her unfaithful sister Judah had no fear; she also went out and committed adultery.

But here is where the Jews set out to fool their god and mimic obedience. They lawyered-up as the popular saying goes. Their Rabbis began to invent edicts and subscriptions to all sorts of burdensome laws and self excusatory penances. Much later, Jesus asked of these lawyered-up Jews, "O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh." Matthew 12:34
Matthew 12:34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.

Notwithstanding, all those who claim to be Jews are comprised of the human race and share the identical DNA as all other humans on the planet; they merely named themselves Jews as a result of clan/tribal ancestry. So it is that the Hebrew term rendered in English as "tribe" is ‘shebet’, while the term ‘matteh’, prevails in the post-exilic writings. Yet, the two terms are nearly synonymous in that they signify "branch", "rod", "staff", "sceptre", and in the sense of "tribe" and is used figuratively to the derivation of the tribe as a branch of the family of Jacob (stirps).

Arrangement by clans merely represents a form of social and political organization which was natural to Semitic nomads, (as is observed among the Bedouins of today). Contrary to outrageous claims, it certainly does not infer a sense of race or species!

Wikipedia reports that according to the Jewish Agency, as of 2007 there were 13.2 million Jews worldwide, 5.3 million of whom lived in Israel, 5.3 million in the United States, and the remainder distributed in communities of varying sizes around the world; this represents 0.2% of the current estimated world population. These numbers include all those who consider themselves Jews whether or not affiliated with a Jewish organization, and, with the exception of Israel's Jewish population, do not include those who do not consider themselves Jews or who are not Jewish by halakha (Jewish religious law). The total world Jewish population, however, is difficult to measure. In addition to halakhic considerations, there are secular, political, and ancestral identification factors in defining who is a Jew that increase the figure considerably.

Furthermore, the historical records clearly speak about the origin and nature of this most famous of all known tribal organizations, (the Jews). There were thirteen tribes in all but they are habitually referred to as twelve; doubtless because in the distribution of the land after the conquest of Palestine only twelve tribal territories were assigned, the tribe of Levi being distributed among the others because of its priestly functions. The unifying forces were chiefly the blood bond and the tribal or family cult. At the time of the invasion of Palestine (see Book of Judges) the nation was still in the stage of loose tribal confederation and the war was waged by tribes and subdivisions of tribes, sometimes acting separately, sometimes in combination with others. The process of consolidation went on after the conquest; the kindred families and clans naturally settled in the same neighborhood, and finally the complete tribal organization was evolved with territorial boundaries and independent historical traditions. These Jewish tribes do not appear to have had any fixed or continuous political organization. Aggression by a foreign enemy would unite the clans of a tribe or even several distinct tribes under a common leader as was the case of Gideon and others of the Judges.

Yes, it remains true that Jewish history began during the second millennium BCE with the Biblical patriarchs Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The Jews enjoyed two periods of political autonomy in their national homeland, the Land of Israel, during ancient history. The first era spanned from 1350 to 586 BCE, and encompassed the periods of the Judges, the United Monarchy, and the Divided Monarchy of the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah, ending with the destruction of the First Temple.
Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The second era was the period of the Hasmonean Kingdom spanning from 140 to 37 BCE.
Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since the destruction of the First Temple, the ‘diaspora’ has been the home of most of the world's Jews; afterwards the modern State of Israel was established in 1948, But these facts don’t license the claim that Jews are a species or race of people.

Yes, indeed there came into existence a people who came to be known as Israelites. This was simply the result of their territorial/geograhical heritage and not their DNA.

The evidence of this preposterous concept becomes all the more clearer when one understands what it means to say when the Israelis desire a ‘Jewish State”.

Justice Minister: Step by step, Torah law will become binding in Israel
Yaakov Neeman seeks to clarify comments he made a day earlier at conference on Jewish law.
Justice Minister Yaakov Neeman took to the Knesset podium Tuesday to try to calm the political storm he caused this week when he said that "step by step, Torah law will become the binding law in the State of Israel." Neeman made his controversial remarks Monday evening at a convention on Jewish law in Jerusalem.
He says that "we must bring back the heritage of our fathers to the nation of Israel. The Torah has the complete solution to all the questions we are dealing with."

By Yair Ettinger, Jonathan Lis and Ofra Edelman
December 09, 2009
 Advertisement

Any stated reasoning to the origin of the Jew is ridiculous; laughable at best.

While it is true that Judaism shares some of the characteristics of a nation, an ethnicity, a religion, and a culture, it certainly is not a distinct race of people.

The composite definition of who is a Jew include three groups: people who were born to a Jewish family regardless of whether or not they follow the religion, those who have some Jewish ancestral background or lineage, and people without any Jewish ancestral background or lineage who have formally converted to Judaism and therefore are followers of the tribal religion.

Historical definitions of who is a Jew date back to the codification of the oral tradition into the Babylonian Talmud. Interpretations of sections of the Tanakh, such as Deuteronomy 7:1-5, by learned Jewish sages, are used as a warning against intermarriage between Jews and non-Jews because "[the non-Jewish male spouse] will cause your child to turn away from Me and they will worship the gods of others."
Deuteronomy 7 NIV

Leviticus 24:10 says that the son in a marriage between a Hebrew woman and an Egyptian man is "of the community of Israel."
Leviticus 24 NIV

This contrasts with Ezra 10:2-3, where Israelites returning from Babylon vow to put aside their gentile wives and their children.
Ezra 10:2 Then Shekaniah son of Jehiel, one of the descendants of Elam, said to Ezra, "We have been unfaithful to our God by marrying foreign women from the peoples around us. But in spite of this, there is still hope for Israel.

Convoluted genealogy does nothing but reveal a bizarre insistence to deny the fact that Jews are nothing more than an obscure religious tribe. Its this type of arguments which always seem preoccupied with the task of attempting to define Jewish Folks as a distinct race; aka: the “chosen ones”.

No doubt, this preoccupation is the result of the additional tribal claim of their tribal ancestor Abraham who declared that “The Lord God is ONE”. This premise perpetuates the bizarre notion that Jews alone have a grasp on divinity and Jews alone are worthy to be named human.

What rubbish!

It is claimed that Sarah was the 1/2 sister of Abraham. (She had a different father.)

Genesis 20:12 has Abraham stumbling around with this confession concerning his wife, Sarah:

And yet indeed [she is] my sister; she [is] the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.”
Genesis 20:12 Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife.

It's rather redundant to debate this issue. I leave that up to the talking heads, the theologically bent and the delirious rabbis who are earning handsome fares for such a useless conversation.

On the other hand, it just may be that Abraham himself lawyered-up and incest became the law of the land, I just don't know at this point.

Yes. There are already Jews that are Christians.

God had already stated that's what's going to happen:

No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.

And the slate will be wiped clean:

“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

75% of the population is Israel practices Judaism, 17% practice Islam, and only 2% are Christian. So am I supposed to have a particular fondness for those Jews that have squandered their inheritance by denying the Lord?

75% of the population is Israel practices Judaism, 17% practice Islam, and only 2% are Christian. So am I supposed to have a particular fondness for those Jews that have squandered their inheritance by denying the Lord?

Would you be denying support for the 2% Christians?

Furthermore....we aren't the ones who'd be judging Jews.

I suppose you have to address that question to God.

The Bible had used the term, "remnants," when it referred to the Jews that will be saved.

The definition for remnant:

a : a usually small part, member, or trace remaining
b : a small surviving group —often used in plural
the part of something that is left when the other parts are gone
: a small piece of cloth that is left after the rest of the cloth has been sold

Most likely, they would be a minority. It's not surprising that Christian Jews are only few.

Yes, Jeremiah said that the Lord will make a new covenant. That new covenant came with Jesus. The Jews have to accept Jesus to be saved.

One of the signs of the 'New Covenent' would be scripture is no longer needed, and that what is right will be written on people's hearts.

Do Christians use scripture?

There doesn't seem to be a coherent theological position on Israel that makes sense of the biblical narrative and winds up requiring you to support the modern state of Israel. Neither does there seem to be any way to link the modern state of Israel with the historical nation of Israel as it existed in biblical times, other than by name. For those reasons, I can't justify the belief that Christians are under any obligation to support the modern state calling itself Israel (or even the biblical Israel if it somehow re-emerged).

One of the signs of the 'New Covenent' would be scripture is no longer needed, and that what is right will be written on people's hearts.

Based on?

Based on?

Based on the quote from Jeremiah

"This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

As far as I can see, it's not written on people's hearts yet. They have to use books and be taught by others.

Would you be denying support for the 2% Christians?

Furthermore....we aren't the ones who'd be judging Jews.

I suppose you have to address that question to God.

There are probably at least some Christians in at least every country. Even Iran has Christians. Should we then support Iran?

Where are you basing that idea on? The Bible says that the Church is the pillar and bulwark of truth. People know what is right, but they prefer darkness to light, and so they are lead astray. The Church defends truth.

Where are you basing that idea on? The Bible says that the Church is the pillar and bulwark of truth. People know what is right, but they prefer darkness to light, and so they are lead astray. The Church defends truth.

That is, of course, what the Church claims. And , of course, there is some creative interpretation going on there, when it comes to what 'The Church' is, as well as the fact the bible , in specific the New Testament can not be shown to be telling the truth.

THere is a strong disconnect between what the Jewish scriptures say, and what Christians claim the Jewish scripture says.

There are probably at least some Christians in at least every country. Even Iran has Christians. Should we then support Iran?

Why? Did God say anything about standing with Iran???

We're talking about what the Bible says about Israel....remember?

The Law. The written law will no longer be needed since what is right will be written in people's hearts - because Jesus (the Holy Spirit) is in us. Thus we aren't supposed to be consumed by the legality of the law.

Why? Did God say anything about standing with Iran???

We're talking about what the Bible says about Israel....remember?

You're saying that we should support Israel because of the 2% Christians that are there. By that same criterion, why don't we support Iran?

You're saying that we should support Israel because of the 2% Christians that are there. By that same criterion, why don't we support Iran?

You brought up the 2% - like as if that's the deal breaker! :lol:

My point, it shouldn't matter if there is only 1 single Christian, or if there is none at all! If God says to stand with Israel, that's what matters.

You brought up the 2% - like as if that's the deal breaker! :lol:

My point, it shouldn't matter if there is only 1 single Christian, or if there is none at all!

So then what, the covenant is with the land and not the people?

Of course, the people!

The people have rejected the covenant, so why should we have any particular fidelity to the state of Israel?

Back
Top Bottom