• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Christians and Israel

So you think Jeremiah was being literal here?

I don't think that you are interpreting Jeremiah right. I think he is doing rhetoric, but that is not what he meant. He basically was saying that some time in the future, people aren't going to be bad, and do the wrong things that are against god, but know what God wants automatically, and God's desires will be written in their hearts and souls.

I don't see that as happened.. nor, do I particularly think it will ever happen. However, he was basically talking about the old covenant being instinctual, rather than needing to be learned.

I don't think that you are interpreting Jeremiah right. I think he is doing rhetoric, but that is not what he meant. He basically was saying that some time in the future, people aren't going to be bad, and do the wrong things that are against god, but know what God wants automatically, and God's desires will be written in their hearts and souls.

I don't see that as happened.. nor, do I particularly think it will ever happen. However, he was basically talking about the old covenant being instinctual, rather than needing to be learned.

Well perhaps, but given that in the verse it's included that he will forgive their sins, I don't think that it's just Automatic that they will follow the Law.

When it comes to these verses, you need more than just a surface Level Reading of it.

Well perhaps, but given that in the verse it's included that he will forgive their sins, I don't think that it's just Automatic that they will follow the Law.

When it comes to these verses, you need more than just a surface Level Reading of it.

Yet, when going for more than the surface level, you are using your presumptions , rather than what is written.

Yet, when going for more than the surface level, you are using your presumptions , rather than what is written.

No, you're taking in the Whole context of the scripture as well as the theology of the bible.

I found this video that talked about the "foreign policy" of God regarding Israel.

The video timer - 54:00

For talk about ISIS, video timer - 53:00.

Back
Top Bottom