• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chipotle rethinking firing manager who refused to serve black customers over ‘dine and dash’ fears

Personally, I think she should have been fired. But not because of perceived racism...for failure to properly execute company SOP. Lots of companies let known thieves shop at their locations every day. Just the way it is. She had a boss. Before denying service, that boss should have been informed.

Good point. However Chipotle should have investigated it properly before they fired her. That's what a lot of businesses do before they take action. Still don't understand why she didn't just call the cops on the black men. And she made things worse by letting the white customers get their food before paying.

As for the black men, well they were just silly for not showing her they had means to pay for the frigging meals. Both sides are at fault for this silly affair.

the question is why would you hand them their food without them paying to begin with.

It's right on the counter. Easy to just grab it and walk away.

Okay I've only been there maybe 2xs so i didnt understand. I thought they make the plate behind the counter kept the food back there until you paid. Never thought you could just say, forgot my wallet and be handed the food.
That actually sounds stupid. Its cafeteria style you pay you walk away you don't pay you don't get to walk away with the food.

If you're getting it to go, it's in a bag on the counter at the register where you pay.

Good point. However Chipotle should have investigated it properly before they fired her. That's what a lot of businesses do before they take action. Still don't understand why she didn't just call the cops on the black men. And she made things worse by letting the white customers get their food before paying.

As for the black men, well they were just silly for not showing her they had means to pay for the frigging meals. Both sides are at fault for this silly affair.

Do you ever know what you're talking about?

Which part didn't you like...??

The bags don't leave the counter until somebody pays in the Chipotle's I have frequented. That "guy" or "gal" is back in line somewhere, well get his butt end up here to pay or that bag is not going anywhere.

It's right on the counter. Easy to just grab it and walk away.

If she was worried about them not paying, it doesn't have to be right there on the counter easy to grab. :roll:

That's why it made no sense until someone pointed out that the choice when they say, "I can't pay" is to throw away the food or give it away, which is a loser for the restaurant in either case. Never made sense they would steal it.

If she was worried about them not paying, it doesn't have to be right there on the counter easy to grab. :roll:

That's why it made no sense until someone pointed out that the choice when they say, "I can't pay" is to throw away the food or give it away, which is a loser for the restaurant in either case. Never made sense they would steal it.

"I can't pay" is an effort to steal it. Frankly, you pay before the bag leaves and if you are telling me the guy paying is back there in line, where is he, how many in the line ahead of him is he paying for...get his butt up here or have him give you the money for your bag. THE END!

Something here smells to high heaven as in an inept Manager making a bad choice, probably a choice that is entirely outside an SOP or a WI.

Since when was it your place to tell a private business how they 'should' react to market signals?

Of course you originally said nothing whatsoever about how extensive the review undertaken by the company should have been. You said something about a 'special rights mentality'... from the sudden change of tack it seems you now wish you hadn't.

Market signals?

I didn't know that propaganda was counted as a market signal. But then we do think differently. I guess some people appreciate propaganda, and unethical tactics. I don't.

Market signals?

I didn't know that propaganda was counted as a market signal. But then we do think differently. I guess some people appreciate propaganda, and unethical tactics. I don't.

Ethics? Propaganda? All advertising is propaganda to begin with... and if folk in the market react negatively to Chipotle because of a manager's actions they'll lose money, whether it was ethical or not.

Your attempt at virtue signalling might be marginally more laudible if it were not such a transparent ongoing attempt to divert from your original quasi-political spin on the incident as reflecting "what happens with a special rights mentality." Hopefully that retreat at least implies that in the future you'll be a little more careful about making yourself part of the problem, whether you admit it here or not ;)

As for a made meal not paid for....throw it out is the only option unless you have a ready charity that can take it immediately and put it to good use which sounds impractical. The only way to "train" the public that its not going to get away with such nonsense is to take it on the chin for a few meals. Either you take it on the chin for a few meals or take it on the chin for meals to perpetuity.

Frankly, Chepotle has turned me off with their continual food safely related issues. But their process is efficiency itself. I would not recommend that they change their process of customers coming in the front end, making their choices and going out the register having paid for their meal as it completes. No money...no food....See ya'!

Last edited:
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/chipotle-...imination-211504879--abc-news-topstories.html

Thereby admitting that it was not originally interested in truth or justice, that they fired a front line supervisor without being interested in due process.

All who serve this company would be wise to take note.

I think companies need to start suing those who slander them. I think even though we have a free press, the press should require equal time retracting a story that they take in making one, that ends up being incorrect.

I think companies need to start suing those who slander them. I think even though we have a free press, the press should require equal time retracting a story that they take in making one, that ends up being incorrect.

Companies need to stop acting like the people who make them go are disposable and are due being abused by them when ever the companies decide that they want to abuse labor....which happens way too often.

Back
Top Bottom