• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
China will join Russia later this week for its largest-ever naval drills with a foreign partner, underlining deepening ties between the former cold war rivals along with Beijing's desire for closer links with regional militaries.

snip

In comments reported by the official Liberation Army Daily, Fang emphasised that outsiders should not consider the exercises threatening.
"The joint drill conducted by the two militaries of China and Russia do not target any third parties. Their aim is to deepen co-operation between the two militaries in the training field, boost capacity in co-ordinating military activities, and serve the purpose of safeguarding regional security and stability," Fang said.

China to join Russia for largest naval drills with foreign partner | World news | guardian.co.uk

Two questions here, does anyone believe General Fang? (what a name) and 2. does anyone else see this as a troubling sign?

The Holy Bible said:
Revelations 20:7-9 7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

Thoughts?

Two questions here, does anyone believe General Fang? (what a name) and 2. does anyone else see this as a troubling sign?

Thoughts?
Don't be ridiculous. Revelations is highly poetic and not meant to be taken literally. Gog and Magog are NOT China and Russia. Conspiracy theorist have been going crazy with Gog and Magog for two thousand years, non have them have been right. You are not the exception.

These military drills are innocuous. It is a hell of a lot better than these two nuclear-equipped powers going to war with each other.

Don't be ridiculous. Revelations is highly poetic and not meant to be taken literally. Gog and Magog are NOT China and Russia. Conspiracy theorist have been going crazy with Gog and Magog for two thousand years, non have them have been right. You are not the exception.

These military drills are innocuous. It is a hell of a lot better than these two nuclear-equipped powers going to war with each other.

Don't do that man, Don't just dismiss other beliefs because you are not a believer....That is just as bigoted as those you would label for not conceding to a question you have...This push to every thing that is happening today where a negative connotation can be discussed as being dismissed as "nothing to see here" is all the more reason to discuss it, and watch it....You are serving as a canary in the coal mine Guy.

Don't do that man, Don't just dismiss other beliefs because you are not a believer....That is just as bigoted as those you would label for not conceding to a question you have...This push to every thing that is happening today where a negative connotation can be discussed as being dismissed as "nothing to see here" is all the more reason to discuss it, and watch it....You are serving as a canary in the coal mine Guy.

I am rebuking you as a brother Christian. You don't have special access to the prophecy contained in Revelations, which is highly poetic and not literal. You are committing the sin of pride thinking that you have special knowledge; you are really just being paranoid.

I am rebuking you as a brother Christian. You don't have special access to the prophecy contained in Revelations, which is highly poetic and not literal. You are committing the sin of pride thinking that you have special knowledge; you are really just being paranoid.

No, I am placing the question out there "brother Christian" for discussion. You on the other hand are creating a strawman to refute that discussion even taking place, which at best calls into suspicion your intention for even entering the thread.

Now, with that said, what do you see as the signs of this joint exercise between China, and Russia?

No, I am placing the question out there "brother Christian" for discussion. You on the other hand are creating a strawman to refute that discussion even taking place, which at best calls into suspicion your intention for even entering the thread.

Now, with that said, what do you see as the signs of this joint exercise between China, and Russia?
It's not a straw man. Your OP drew a pointed comparison between Russia/China and Gog/Magog, which is ludicrous. Don't try to pretend now like you weren't saying that, you add dishonesty to your list of sins committed in this thread.

I already told you what I thought about it: cooperation between Russia and China is a good thing.

It's not a straw man.

Oh, it's not? Where did I say anything like this?:

"...You don't have special access to the prophecy contained in Revelations..."

Where did I say I have "special access" to any prophecy?

That Guy, is text book definition of a strawman argument.

Your OP drew a pointed comparison between Russia/China and Gog/Magog, which is ludicrous.

Yes, it did, and the comparisons of Gog (Russia), and Magog (China post 14th century) are well documented.

Don't try to pretend now like you weren't saying that

Where did I do that?

you add dishonesty to your list of sins committed in this thread.

My "list of sins"? Who are you to judge me? You should back off the incendiary rhetoric, it makes you look foolish.

I already told you what I thought about it: cooperation between Russia and China is a good thing.

Noted. Could you explain why you think it is a 'good thing', beyond the ridiculous scope of the two warring with each other?

I really don't give a rat's ass what China and Russia do.

It's not a threat to the USofA.

Period.

The way I see it, the two Nations of the World with trade surpluses and sound money are going to practice together for their mutual security. The countries with the bogus monies and huge trade deficits are scared because these strong militaries threaten what backs the bogus "fiat monies." The only thing that backs US money is the military. It doesn't have anything to do with the Bible and soothsayers, although my buddy, Two Fingers McSlippery, a renowned local soothsayer, says to anyone who will listen to "hang on to your four leaf clovers."

Period.

I would tend to agree that joint military exercise in, and of themselves, are not a direct, and imminent threat of some pending attack, but overall, the sign of them now cooperating in such things is note worthy, and also worthy of scrutiny....Plus so far I see Guy, now you trying hard to just dismiss it....That raises more questions.

The way I see it, the two Nations of the World with trade surpluses and sound money are going to practice together for their mutual security.

China values its own money and operates without human, labor, civil and environmental rights. That's hardly secure. The only reason China's money is worth anything is US debt. Consider this, if the US cancelled debt to China, it would fragment and all but cease to exist as a nation. That's not secure either.

China is a paper tiger, a facade.

The way I see it, the two Nations of the World with trade surpluses and sound money are going to practice together for their mutual security. The countries with the bogus monies and huge trade deficits are scared because these strong militaries threaten what backs the bogus "fiat monies."

That's interesting...We don't normally agree on much Dave, but there are those moments....What do you think would be the fate of the US, or even the "Western allies" should the US dollar be dominated by either Russian, or China currency in terms of reserve currency, with a joint military power to back it up?

It doesn't have anything to do with the Bible and soothsayers, although my buddy, Two Fingers McSlippery, a renowned local soothsayer, says to anyone who will listen to "hang on to your four leaf clovers."

Like it or not this is still a deeply Christian country, and many do believe, certainly more that do, than don't. So, although you don't, I am sure you would agree that you wouldn't want me to denigrate your beliefs, by comparing it to say that of a mental ward patient would you?

China values its own money and operates without human, labor, civil and environmental rights. That's hardly secure. The only reason China's money is worth anything is US debt. Consider this, if the US cancelled debt to China, it would fragment and all but cease to exist as a nation. That's not secure either.

Right! Get me some of whatever you been smokin'.

Alternate Title: Country that tries to be a super power but can't because their economy is a giant on stilts joins country that used to be relevant but since ceasing to be relevant has gone deeper and deeper down the toilet for naval drills.

Right! Get me some of whatever you been smokin'.

You think reality is a reason to accuse someone of being on drugs? You cannot ignore reality and substitute conspiracy theory via a personal shot at someone. How about, instead, you show us how anything in that post is unreasonable.

That's interesting...We don't normally agree on much Dave, but there are those moments....What do you think would be the fate of the US, or even the "Western allies" should the US dollar be dominated by either Russian, or China currency in terms of reserve currency, with a joint military power to back it up?

Like it or not this is still a deeply Christian country, and many do believe, certainly more that do, than don't. So, although you don't, I am sure you would agree that you wouldn't want me to denigrate your beliefs, by comparing it to say that of a mental ward patient would you?

I believe that is inevitable and bankers are scurrying at this time to try to accumulate assets of real value in the future. The paper money ain't gonna be so good, so change assets to real estate, precious metals, rights, and other tangibles so when the reserve status changes they will retain value. Militaries are always the red herring in these scenarios and whoever writes their paychecks will be the unseen hand. As regards religion. Religion has been the cause of more wars than any other reason. It doesn't have a very good track record.

China is 1.3 billion or more people with a continuous society for over 5,000 years. China's money represents its productive capacity and is the manufacturer to the World. The US debt to China means when the Chinese repatriate USDollars for National Parks, Oil, gas, timber, mineral, etc. leases to turn those fiat papers into productive assets that the US will lose those assets. China manufactures much of our electronics, everyday products, has its own satellite communication systems, weapons, armies, ships, dirt, dirtbags and politicians. It has been kind to the USA by not crashing the dollar by selling its dollar reserves and always holds that card in the geopolitical poker game. Paper Tiger, my ass. A hard working group of 1.3 billion citizens negotiating currency swap agreements around the world, so they do not have to use the USDollar. They're not in a hurry. Continuous society for 5,000 years.

Period.

Especially not when religion is used as predictor compared to say regression analysis for instance.

China is 1.3 billion or more people with a continuous society for over 5,000 years. China's money represents its productive capacity and is the manufacturer to the World.

It's a slave labor regime.

The US debt to China means when the Chinese repatriate USDollars for National Parks, Oil, gas, timber, mineral, etc. leases to turn those fiat papers into productive assets that the US will lose those assets.

hahaha

China manufactures much of our electronics, everyday products, has its own satellite communication systems, weapons, armies, ships, dirt, dirtbags and politicians. It has been kind to the USA by not crashing the dollar by selling its dollar reserves and always holds that card in the geopolitical poker game.

What country ceases to exist if the debt is cancelled? The one in debt or the one holding the debt.

Paper Tiger, my ass.

What?

A hard working group of 1.3 billion citizens negotiating currency swap agreements around the world, so they do not have to use the USDollar. They're not in a hurry. Continuous society for 5,000 years.

They are a nation of slave labor, operating without human, civil, labor or environmental rights. All the things you consider terrible about the US economic system are much much worse in China. Yet, you claim they are more stable.

Regarding worker rights - on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, if the US is a 5 then China is a 1. And yet you laud it... why?

I believe that is inevitable and bankers are scurrying at this time to try to accumulate assets of real value in the future.

Inevitable is a subjective term. Could be today, could be tomorrow, could be in the year 2375 A.D. right? So that banks, and indeed governments are buying up say Gold, Silver, and other precious metals could be in semi panic of events that won't happen right?

The paper money ain't gonna be so good, so change assets to real estate, precious metals, rights, and other tangibles so when the reserve status changes they will retain value.

As I said, although governments, strike that, SOME governments are buying up assets like this, doesn't necessarily mean that a collapse of the US Dollar as world reserve currency is, or is not "inevitable" is it?

Militaries are always the red herring in these scenarios and whoever writes their paychecks will be the unseen hand.

The "unseen hand"? Who is that? Please tell me we are not veering off into conspiracy territory are we? MIlitaries are the force used by Government to impose their will. So, if you take a situation where the world's reserve currency collapses, chaos would ensue would it not? Isn't it also possible in a scenario like this that a Military, or collaboration of military cooperation could, and most likely would be used to attempt to shift the balance of power in the world?

As regards religion. Religion has been the cause of more wars than any other reason. It doesn't have a very good track record.

You may be more correct if you said misinterpretation of religion, or religious dogma has aided in the start of many conflicts, but to just say religion itself is the cause of many wars is incorrect, and I think an anti religious biased view.

It's a slave labor regime.

hahaha

What country ceases to exist if the debt is cancelled? The one in debt or the one holding the debt.

What?

They are a nation of slave labor, operating without human, civil, labor or environmental rights. All the things you consider terrible about the US economic system are much much worse in China. Yet, you claim they are more stable.

Regarding worker rights - on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, if the US is a 5 then China is a 1. And yet you laud it... why?

How's the air on the planet you're writing from. Might check the oxygen levels.

Back
Top Bottom