• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

China: On Top of the World

What will be the role of China in a new world order?

• Close Alliance and Trade Partner with the world

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Emerging power ready to pounce for past transgressions

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Systematic annihilation of enemies through economic battle

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Another Communist Boom before the Bust

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Dude, you are such a conspiracy nut. You think way too hard on this and you negativity is tiring. What ever business occurs through war or because of war is just business. Where once there was oppression, now there is free trade. Guess what.....that's what liberation is. Free enterprise. I'm sure the powers that be have their eye on Iran or North Korea or Africa because they would be great sites for some Wal-Marts.

Any good that America does is lost in false accusations and conspiracy theories and supported by our own people, because they are too negative to care about anything beside America's "angle". Should it matter about what America benefits from our actions? Shouldn't we get something for our blood and tears? Doesn't it matter that our efforts benefit the people we help too? Of course not.....It's all about the Wal-Marts.

C'mon dude.....crack a smile. It won't hurt as bad as you think.

GySgt said:
Shouldn't we get something for our blood and tears?

Thanks, that made me smile.

Last edited:
Maybe ideally, but in all actuality China will probably be a new world superpower. Because they are the only hope for the poor and weak victims of the imperialist American power, maybe China will be able to oppose US domination. China could be the hope for 95% of the world that is not American, but is dominated by them. The recent agreement of Iran to provide oil to China for 10 years may be the most significant event of the balance of power this world so desperately needs. China is also a nuclear power, and has to be, as long as we are, as the US cannot even dream of asking China to disarm as long as we have them ourselves.

You are playing with fire and power you dont possibly know what will happen sir. Look, China will never and has never liberated anyone. That is a fact. However, we have all over the world and we continue too. That is also a fact. China will have 1 intention and one intention alone, and that is to enslave the world for the few that are ordained to become rich. That is a fact casue look at there own country its that way. You are highly mistaken once again on this point my friend. If you would rather have the US equal to that of china this would prolly be just about the dumbest thing you have ever said.

freethought6t9 said:
While I certainly believe what you say, I hope you do not think this is true of America, they do not seek to liberate and they are not benevolent, although in many parts of the world Soviet intervention was largely a reaction to U.S. intervention, which was rarely (if ever) benevolent. I don't believe it will be necessary for China to act in this way before nations begin calling them for aid against America.

And although the U.S. rarely captures territory (anymore) U.S. foreign policy is highly expansionist, albeit through the use of proxies. It is the expansion of markets I refer to, and whatever you may think, this is not due to free trade, but military intervention (direct or otherwise) and the support for what are predominantly right-wing military juntas, kept in power by American 'benevolence'. The point is, it was these policies that forced the Soviets hand, and led to the build-up of militaries around the world. The same could happen in regard to U.S.-China relations as happened with Soviet relations.

The epitome of anti-American Leftist rants. The United States has done more to liberate people than any nation in the history of the planet earth. The U.S. hasn't expanded its borders in more than a century. The presense of U.S. military forces have protected people from German militarism, fascism, Communism, and now they protect many East Asian countries from Chinese Communism, help many countries around the world fight the war on terror, and have liberated the people of Afghanistan and Iraq from brutal dictators. They helped tsunami victims at the end of last year, U.S. military forces are always among the first to deliever food at the site of a natural disaster simply because oftentimes no one else can get there in a timely manner. I find it interesting, for example, that CNN reported that tsunami victims not only felt sympathy for the victims on the U.S. Gulf Coast, but also remembered U.S. aid for their region when they were desparate. The U.S. has been the single greatest force for good and liberty in the history of the planet.

You talk about right-wing juntas. However, look at the countries that were not democratic, but had heavy American influence. Philippines - people power overthrew Marcos. Taiwan - Taiwan's Tangwai movememnt forced democratic change. South Korea - emerged from dictatorship to democracy. There are so many other examples of how US moral influence in countries all around the world resulted in change. Unfortunately, the U.S. had to work with some unsavorary people around the world during the Cold War, but there is such a thing as the lesser of two evils. And when one looks at the record, many of those pro-American dictators actually had to succomb to democratic change due to the moral suasion that few countries OTHER THAN the United States possess.

Today, the United States is indespensable to the maintainence of peace and democracy in the East Asia region. Your leftist Anti-American rhetoric does nothing to change the greatness America has achieved through history.

ludahai said:
The epitome of anti-American Leftist rants. The United States has done more to liberate people than any nation in the history of the planet earth. The U.S. hasn't expanded its borders in more than a century. The presense of U.S. military forces have protected people from German militarism, fascism, Communism, and now they protect many East Asian countries from Chinese Communism, help many countries around the world fight the war on terror, and have liberated the people of Afghanistan and Iraq from brutal dictators. They helped tsunami victims at the end of last year, U.S. military forces are always among the first to deliever food at the site of a natural disaster simply because oftentimes no one else can get there in a timely manner. I find it interesting, for example, that CNN reported that tsunami victims not only felt sympathy for the victims on the U.S. Gulf Coast, but also remembered U.S. aid for their region when they were desparate. The U.S. has been the single greatest force for good and liberty in the history of the planet.

You talk about right-wing juntas. However, look at the countries that were not democratic, but had heavy American influence. Philippines - people power overthrew Marcos. Taiwan - Taiwan's Tangwai movememnt forced democratic change. South Korea - emerged from dictatorship to democracy. There are so many other examples of how US moral influence in countries all around the world resulted in change. Unfortunately, the U.S. had to work with some unsavorary people around the world during the Cold War, but there is such a thing as the lesser of two evils. And when one looks at the record, many of those pro-American dictators actually had to succomb to democratic change due to the moral suasion that few countries OTHER THAN the United States possess.

Today, the United States is indespensable to the maintainence of peace and democracy in the East Asia region. Your leftist Anti-American rhetoric does nothing to change the greatness America has achieved through history.

I find your reference to the Phillippines as bizzare to be frank. The U.S. backed Marcos' brutal regime, and the Aquino regime that replaced it, which continued to use the Death Squads set up by the U.S.A. after his ousting as a 'counter-insurgency' army to purge political dissidents and failed to institute any economic reforms. The current political climate is little different with counter-insurgency still being carried out against communist elements and MILF noticeably with Human rights abuses still being reported in the country. These days though, these actions have protection under the auspices of the 'war on terror'.

As to Taiwan, well the situation has improved in the last decade or so, human rights abuses still occur, and the fact that improvement has occured is more indicative of the horror of the past situation than of the enlightenment of the present.

South Korea has undergone intense economic reform over the latter half of the 20th century, and this has in some ways encouraged democracy, but once again human rights abuses do occur, and once again these are in direct relation to fighting terror. However these are mild and comparable to abuses in some industrial countries. I would dtill stress economic reform, largely brought about by the Indochina wars, so yes South Korea is perhaps a viable benefactor of U.S. foreign policy. Another country whose economy is built on the "blood and tears" of the third world,

And as all three of your examples began with bloody and repressive U.S. intervention leading to dictatorship in all three cases, I think they can go some way to proving my point. The democracy that has sprung up in South Korea and to a lesser extent in the others is the exception and not the norm. Where are the democracies in the other countries that have recieved U.S. intervention? The invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq are arguably examples of this, but again I would stress that this is simply the latest action in a long history of bloody intervention, and 'counter'-terrorist operations are continuing in both of these countries.

And I don't think "the lesser of two evils" argument is ever valid. The much overblown Soviet threat was simply a successful propagandistic attempt to convince the U.S. public that military intervention was justified on a global scale. U.S. foreign policy is not dominated by the concepts of freedom and liberty as the rhetoric regarding foreign policy so often is, and the spread of 'international communism' apart from at least in part being an invention of the U.S. government dutifully reported by a obedient media invention, was in my mind far less insidious than the spread of U.S. style 'democracy' or in English, Fascism.

And we see the pattern repeating itself with anti-Islamism replacing anti-communism as the overriding ideology of the U.S. as outlined by the government and once again dutifully reported by an entirely servillient press. As we saw in Vietnam, the controversy in the mainstream is not whether or not the U.S. has the right to intervene, but in the tactics it employs in it's intervention. If you still think the U.S. is a force for good, and I am simply a rabid anti-American I would urge you to look at the history of U.S. intervention in Central America, as well as the global projection of military power.

The current political climate is little different with counter-insurgency still being carried out against communist elements and MILF noticeably

MILF??? Did you just say MILF? :lol:

This calls for a good :rofl

But anyways I conclude once again.

You are playing with fire and power you dont possibly know what will happen sir. Look, China will never and has never liberated anyone. That is a fact. However, we have all over the world and we continue too. That is also a fact. China will have 1 intention and one intention alone, and that is to enslave the world for the few that are ordained to become rich. That is a fact casue look at there own country its that way. You are highly mistaken once again on this point my friend. If you would rather have the US equal to that of china this would prolly be just about the dumbest thing you have ever said.

Cant debate now can you? Cause you know facts are more penetrating than mumbo jumbo. :2wave:

SKILMATIC said:

No wonder much of the world sees us in a bad way. We only represent a good 5 or6% of the world, yet we want to bring Democracy to 95%? Especially in Iraq's case, Democracy, if it is true and a free democracy, will only show more clearly that what was previously thought to be Saddam's bloody ways, are in fact the deeply popular held views of the majority. This democracy in Iraq might change leaders, but not the popular feeling, there is no magic involved here. These popular feelings are deeply rooted in the population, and were concieved by a strong sense of injustice, humiliation, and not to mention anti-arabism of us, whose colonial past reinforces our bad image.

No wonder much of the world sees us in a bad way. We only represent a good 5 or6% of the world, yet we want to bring Democracy to 95%? Especially in Iraq's case, Democracy, if it is true and a free democracy, will only show more clearly that what was previously thought to be Saddam's bloody ways, are in fact the deeply popular held views of the majority. This democracy in Iraq might change leaders, but not the popular feeling, there is no magic involved here. These popular feelings are deeply rooted in the population, and were concieved by a strong sense of injustice, humiliation, and not to mention anti-arabism of us, whose colonial past reinforces our bad image.

Are you sure? Can you provide links for this claim? If the iraqi people dont want democracy then why are they protesting like a democracy instead of mutiny? Gee, it calls for question?

freethought6t9 said:
I find your reference to the Phillippines as bizzare to be frank. The U.S. backed Marcos' brutal regime, and the Aquino regime that replaced it, which continued to use the Death Squads set up by the U.S.A. after his ousting as a 'counter-insurgency' army to purge political dissidents and failed to institute any economic reforms. The current political climate is little different with counter-insurgency still being carried out against communist elements and MILF noticeably with Human rights abuses still being reported in the country. These days though, these actions have protection under the auspices of the 'war on terror'.

The Philippines was under threat of communist subversion. I don't know how old you are, but that was a bad time and there was real threats that the world was facing. Sometimes, you have to side with some bad people. If you know anything about Marcos, he didn't start out bad. He was initially an elected leader who seized control for the betterment of the country. Unfortunately, he was also the living epitomy of absolute power corrupts absolutely. However, consider the alternative?

As to Taiwan, well the situation has improved in the last decade or so, human rights abuses still occur, and the fact that improvement has occured is more indicative of the horror of the past situation than of the enlightenment of the present.

I can speak of Taiwan more than any other because I live in Taiwan. What human rights abuses are you talking about? Human rights are protected by law. If a person is guilty of abusing someone's rights, they go to jail. The government doesn't abuse people's rights anymore. In fact, Taiwan has one of the most open democratic systems anywhere in the world with an aggressive media culture that uncovers problems and forces the government to react to them. Taiwan has no fewer than SIX 24-hour news channels.

South Korea has undergone intense economic reform over the latter half of the 20th century, and this has in some ways encouraged democracy, but once again human rights abuses do occur, and once again these are in direct relation to fighting terror. However these are mild and comparable to abuses in some industrial countries. I would dtill stress economic reform, largely brought about by the Indochina wars, so yes South Korea is perhaps a viable benefactor of U.S. foreign policy.

Human rights occurred during martial law, but like Taiwan, there was a huge military threat nearby. Like Taiwan, do you honestly think South Korea would have been better under Communist rule?

If you don't think U.S. influence has been beneficial for these countries, please consider the alternatives before you continue with your leftist anti-America rants.

And I don't think "the lesser of two evils" argument is ever valid. The much overblown Soviet threat was simply a successful propagandistic attempt to convince the U.S. public that military intervention was justified on a global scale. U.S. foreign policy is not dominated by the concepts of freedom and liberty as the rhetoric regarding foreign policy so often is, and the spread of 'international communism' apart from at least in part being an invention of the U.S. government dutifully reported by a obedient media invention, was in my mind far less insidious than the spread of U.S. style 'democracy' or in English, Fascism.

Here in Asia, the Communist threat was real. South Korea was invaded. Taiwan was (and is) under constant threat. The Communists took over three countries in Southeast Asia. There were strong communist movements in British Malaya and Indonesia, the later of which sustained an attempted PKI coup attempt sponsored by the Chinese. The Philippines also had Communist rebels. Your words are the words of ignorance spoken from the comfort of America and decades after the fact.

The Philippines was under threat of communist subversion. I don't know how old you are, but that was a bad time and there was real threats that the world was facing. Sometimes, you have to side with some bad people. If you know anything about Marcos, he didn't start out bad. He was initially an elected leader who seized control for the betterment of the country. Unfortunately, he was also the living epitomy of absolute power corrupts absolutely. However, consider the alternative?

Quote:

I can speak of Taiwan more than any other because I live in Taiwan. What human rights abuses are you talking about? Human rights are protected by law. If a person is guilty of abusing someone's rights, they go to jail. The government doesn't abuse people's rights anymore. In fact, Taiwan has one of the most open democratic systems anywhere in the world with an aggressive media culture that uncovers problems and forces the government to react to them. Taiwan has no fewer than SIX 24-hour news channels.

Quote:
South Korea has undergone intense economic reform over the latter half of the 20th century, and this has in some ways encouraged democracy, but once again human rights abuses do occur, and once again these are in direct relation to fighting terror. However these are mild and comparable to abuses in some industrial countries. I would dtill stress economic reform, largely brought about by the Indochina wars, so yes South Korea is perhaps a viable benefactor of U.S. foreign policy.

Human rights occurred during martial law, but like Taiwan, there was a huge military threat nearby. Like Taiwan, do you honestly think South Korea would have been better under Communist rule?

If you don't think U.S. influence has been beneficial for these countries, please consider the alternatives before you continue with your leftist anti-America rants.

Quote:

Here in Asia, the Communist threat was real. South Korea was invaded. Taiwan was (and is) under constant threat. The Communists took over three countries in Southeast Asia. There were strong communist movements in British Malaya and Indonesia, the later of which sustained an attempted PKI coup attempt sponsored by the Chinese. The Philippines also had Communist rebels. Your words are the words of ignorance spoken from the comfort of America and decades after the fact.

Absolutely brilliant my friend. Ludahai you are truly a itelluctual individual who I have come to love. In every single one of your posts there is always factual evidence. I thank you for that.

SKILMATIC said:
Are you sure? Can you provide links for this claim? If the iraqi people dont want democracy then why are they protesting like a democracy instead of mutiny? Gee, it calls for question?

On the flip side, can you provide a link that says that they actually want democracy? Gee, it calls for a question?

kal-el said:
On the flip side, can you provide a link that says that they actually want democracy? Gee, it calls for a question?

You can't tell me that you don't remember all of the celebrating that went on when the Iraqi people actually went to the polls with a real choice rather than having the choice of either voting yes on Saddam or voting no and losing your life?

:doh

SKILMATIC said:
Absolutely brilliant my friend. Ludahai you are truly a itelluctual individual who I have come to love. In every single one of your posts there is always factual evidence. I thank you for that.

Happy to be of service.

:thanks:

You can't tell me that you don't remember all of the celebrating that went on when the Iraqi people actually went to the polls with a real choice rather than having the choice of either voting yes on Saddam or voting no and losing your life?

Do I really need a link for that? I mean where have you been? The Iraqis people are just thrilled about all this(yes there is always a negative person amidst). But by the very vast majority they love whats being held. The only problem is they dont want to give one tribe power they want it to be dispersed evenly which is the only problem they are having. I mean if you cant follow simple news media covereage or read simple articles then I really dont know what to tell ya. But if you still need a link you can ask one more time and I will provide one.

kal-el said:

I'm embarrassed for you just by reading what you wrote. It completely floors me how someone can see the painfully obvious and still make wild and rediculous claims. There are over 20 million Iraqis. When you see in the news that 20 got blown up by another Muslim, there are still 20 million that didn't get blown up. The vast majority of that 20 million are glad that Saddam is no longer in power and are greatful for the chance to create a better society. The masses that you seem to support are the fraction of Sunni that long for the good old days, when it was legal to spit on their fellow Muslim simply because they are not Sunni. The Iraqi people are having a rough time right now, but they also understand why (as seen by the Shi'ite protest marches against insurgent extremism after the trampling). Sad, that you do not. Of course, why would you? Screw you "links" of proof. Go walk the streets of Iraq from the Syrian border to Baghdad, to Fallujah, to the Kuwait border and talk to them. I did.

The majority of Shi'ites and the whole of the Kurds are working very hard on creating a Constitution that all people can be equal. Even though the Sunni representation is doing their best to push for more power under the new government, they are also involved with creating life without tyranny.

BUT, let's not allow "common sense" to prevail. Let's just assume that they are different from every person on earth and actually want a dictator to rule over them.

This is the second time I've explained this subject to you, which means that you are not interested in anything successful that has to do with Iraq. You're speaking right out of your ass and it's almost as if you are hoping for absolute failure, so that you can feel good about yourself as you say "I told you so".

Last edited:
This is the second time I've explained this subject to you, which means that you are not interested in anything successful that has to do with Iraq. You're speaking right out of your ass and it's almost as if you are hoping for absolute failure, so that you can feel good about yourself as you say "I told you so".

This little anecdote right there just about sums this whole argument up.

SKILMATIC said:
Do I really need a link for that? I mean where have you been? The Iraqis people are just thrilled about all this(yes there is always a negative person amidst). But by the very vast majority they love whats being held. The only problem is they dont want to give one tribe power they want it to be dispersed evenly which is the only problem they are having. I mean if you cant follow simple news media covereage or read simple articles then I really dont know what to tell ya. But if you still need a link you can ask one more time and I will provide one.

In fact, most of the Iraqs support their own government. Even if Bush's phoney elections gave 99% vote to Saddam Hussein, probably 70% of the population still would have supported him. That is why these referundums organized by this new federal world government are important, to confirm the true intent of the people especially during times of conflict. It will be impossible to change reality with the only purpose to discredit their leaders as Israel was doing by saying Arafat was a terrorist, in truth, 90% of the Palestinian population was in support of him.

kal-el said:
In fact, most of the Iraqs support their own government. Even if Bush's phoney elections gave 99% vote to Saddam Hussein, probably 70% of the population still would have supported him. That is why these referundums organized by this new federal world government are important, to confirm the true intent of the people especially during times of conflict. It will be impossible to change reality with the only purpose to discredit their leaders as Israel was doing by saying Arafat was a terrorist, in truth, 90% of the Palestinian population was in support of him.

HUH?!?!?! Now you are blaming Bush for the phoney elections of Saddam? PLEASE tell me that was a typo!

"It will be impossible to change reality with the only purpose to discredit their leaders as Israel was doing by saying Arafat was a terrorist, in truth, 90% of the Palestinian population was in support of him."

This is why 90 percent of the Palestinians are a problem. You just throw percentages and "facts" arbritrarily where you please don't you? When an entire civilization embraces these butchers, the civilization and the religion are in trouble.

A great many percentage of Germans supported Hitler. How dare us interfere with something they wanted. Your logic is twisted.

This is why 90 percent of the Palestinians are a problem. You just throw percentages and "facts" arbritrarily where you please don't you? When an entire civilization embraces these butchers, the civilization and the religion are in trouble.

Palestinians are butchers?

A great many percentage of Germans supported Hitler. How dare us interfere with something they wanted. Your logic is twisted.

Hitler agressed, Sadaam didn't. That is why we fought Hitler. We did not know the extent of Hitler's human rights atrocities until we neared the end of the war. The only reason I'd see the need to oust Sadaam was human rights violations.

nkgupta80 said:
Palestinians are butchers?

Their representation is. As with the rest of the scores of millions of Middle Eastern Muslims that cheer with every "martyr" attack, they are embracing what we are fighting. Don't be naive. The Palistinian fight is the same fight as any other zealot. It's all about religion, land, and their rights above anyone else. They got the Gaza strip back....let's see how they react. My money is on more violence.

[/QUOTE]Hitler agressed, Sadaam didn't. That is why we fought Hitler. We did not know the extent of Hitler's human rights atrocities until we neared the end of the war. The only reason I'd see the need to oust Sadaam was human rights violations.[/QUOTE]

Fine if that's what works for you. Either way, he had to go.

Yeah kal-el has an opinionated excuse for everything. He has no idea whats going on there and why would he? He has never been there casue hes too busy sitting on his lazy butt saying spiteful comments. When will he get it through his head that all he has is speculation thats wrong.

The only reason I'd see the need to oust Sadaam was human rights violations.

BINGO!!! thats all the reason I need.

That's all the reason I need also. Apparantly, there are others that only care about WMD and their personal safety. Odd, that these individuals are usually made up of our more liberal community and claim to care about people's rights and humanity.

That's all the reason I need also. Apparantly, there are others that only care about WMD and their personal safety. Odd, that these individuals are usually made up of our more liberal community and claim to care about people's rights and humanity.

Well its funny you say this casuedont you know their whole party is founded on pure hypocrisy? There party is based on hypocrisy. Thats a fact

GySgt said:

Funny, huh? LIberals are always the first to complain when nothing is done in response to human rights abuses. However, when something is done to take out a tyrant who abused 85% of the people of the country. Their hypocrisy never ends.

Back
Top Bottom