• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Chicago prepares for a rough night as body cam footage of police killing a 13 year old boy is about to be released

Is there another version??? I mean ****, it's on tape for **** sake....

What did he say...that wasn't backed up on tape?
Yea, it’s on tape The boy had is hands raised when he was shot

Waiting more than 20 seconds to make the determination would be the first step. Not firing in the first instant you see the perceived criminal would be a good second step. Not firing at someone that has his hands raised without a weapon would be a good third step. Did I miss something?
View attachment 67329416
No, you got it right

Yea, it’s on tape The boy had is hands raised when he was shot

No...he was shot AS he raised his hands.....you are taking your version from a still ****ing picture....be ****ing honest.

Yea, there is a reason hindsight is called 20/20.....

What would you be saying if he shot the cop? That the cop knew what he was getting into?
No, but part of a LEO's training and salary are to train for those possibilities. Yes, the officer should not be the first person on scene to fire their weapon. I wouldn't say he knew what he was getting into, the results show he obviously did not.

No, but part of a LEO's training and salary are to train for those possibilities. Yes, the officer should not be the first person on scene to fire their weapon. I wouldn't say he knew what he was getting into, the results show he obviously did not.

That wish is a pipe dream.

You say that like you have a clue what LEO training is......lol that's a ****ing riot.

Wait....I just re-read this...so you think that the cop should wait until he is fired upon....to fire their weapon.....holy ****ing ape shit, that has to got to be the most retarded thing I've seen today....

No...he was shot AS he raised his hands.....you are taking your version from a still ****ing picture....be ****ing honest.
Yes, and the still photo shows the child with his hands over his head with no weapon before he was shot. Deny that.

Wait....I just re-read this...so you think that the cop should wait until he is fired upon....to fire their weapon.....holy ****ing ape shit, that has to got to be the most retarded thing I've seen today....
It would save lives. A police officers life is worth a lot, but not more than the people they protect and serve.

Which was too fast according to the poster's claim and yes cops should be willing to assume some risk.

Yes, and the still photo shows the child with his hands over his head with no weapon before he was shot. Deny that.

Absolutely...you say it was BEFORE......I say it was AS.....prove you're right

It would save lives. A police officers life is worth a lot, but not more than the people they protect and serve.

It would save lives lmao...holy shit. You realize the end result is less police officers.....less patroling.....and more crime...right?

Absolutely...you say it was BEFORE......I say it was AS.....prove you're right
Show me the bullet hole in the child. Oh, you think the photo is the frame between shooting and hitting. If this wasn't so tragic I'd be laughing my ass off.

Which was too fast according to the poster's claim and yes cops should be willing to assume some risk.

LMAO...you show a link of a guy with a machete.......needing what was that..30-40 cops to detain him.....vs.....a gun.

****ing brilliant.

LMAO...you show a link of a guy with a machete.......needing what was that..30-40 cops to detain him.....vs.....a gun.

****ing brilliant.

I present the concept of taking risk because such people in the US are often riddles with bullets. There were many cops around because the first ones who responded were willing to be patient and assume some risk.

Show me the bullet hole in the child. Oh, you think the photo is the frame between shooting and hitting. If this wasn't so tragic I'd be laughing my ass off.

Again, it is STILL ****ING FRAME...TAKEN .08 SECONDS BEFORE THE KID WAS HIT...

Again, prove to me the officer hasn't fired already.

I present the conceotnof taking risk because such people in the US are often riddles with bullets.

Watch your own link, the guy literally says there was on risk to any of the officers.....how is that taking risk?

Watch your own link, the guy literally says there was on risk to any of the officers.....how is that taking risk?

The guys is a UK police officer and I want more US police ones rot develop the same mentality. I can see very well the situation that unfolded and so do you and everybody else. And you can funds similar examples in Europe where chips are willing to take risk

Here is another one

Unfortunately, in the US some cops do not exhibit such ethos because they can get away with it.

It would save lives lmao...holy shit. You realize the end result is less police officers.....less patroling.....and more crime...right?
No I don't, and you have nothing beyond your opinion to challenge that with.
Again, it is STILL ****ING FRAME...TAKEN .08 SECONDS BEFORE THE KID WAS HIT...

Again, prove to me the officer hasn't fired already.
Prove to me he has. By the way, a 9mm shell will travel about 120 feet in .08 of a second. Care to try some new facts?

To the officer , it is.

His/Her own ought to be as important or more to the suspect also.
And the child was suspected of? It doesn't say protect your own live and serve.

The guys is a UK police officer and I want more US police ones rot develop the same mentality. I can see very well the situation that unfolded and so do you and everybody else. And you can funds similar examples in Europe where chips are willing to take risk

Here is another one

Unfortunately, in the US some cops do not exhibit such ethos because they can get away with it.

Again, WHAT RISK, they had 40 ****ing cops there with shields and literally enveloped the guy....WHAT RISK do you think they took?

And the child was suspected of? It doesn't say protect your own live and serve.

Evidently he was suspected of shooting at passing cars

We expect cops to be like Marines, and yet, when they arm themselves like Marines, we complain. We have a pretty good system in place to figure out good calls on pulling the trigger and bad calls. The bad calls need to result in removal from the force as well as whatever punishment fits their crimes.
Your thesis does not do that, you thesis just results in dead cops.

No I don't, and you have nothing beyond your opinion to challenge that with.

Prove to me he has. By the way, a 9mm shell will travel about 120 feet in .08 of a second. Care to try some new facts?
No, I have logic for **** sake...let's take your position and follow it.

Your position: Cops shouldn't fire on anyone unless being fired upon.

Now this everything that follows your position.

Cop jobs just became spectactularly MORE dangerous, therefore...LESS people will want them, apply, etc.

Once you have LESS cops, you have MORE population per cop, ratio, criminals will feel emboldened, and more crime, because there is LESS likely to be caught....because....LESS cops.

Evidently he was suspected of shooting at passing cars
Suspected. The officer was judge, jury, and executioner. I'm going to guess that since he had an airsoft, he wouldn't have been convicted.

Back
Top Bottom