• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Check out the spin on this story...

"Three black boys commit crime" is not news. Gotta spruce it up some.

For starters: Do you recall a certain photograph of Trayvon Martin when he was about 12 years old making the rounds on CNN and other news media?

As is always the case with conservative posters, they just assume the lies they believe are common knowledge. Sig ‘knows’ CNN is biased because they posted a picture of “a 12 year Trayvon”. Sig ‘knows’ its true because the chain email he got said it was true. Apparently a picture of a tattooed rapper was circulated as what trayvon really looked like. Yep, thats all the proof a con needs, an email.

snopes.com: Trayvon Martin Photos

The problem sig is having because he’s wondering where is the “outrage” of CNN. In his deluded mind CNN would have been “outraged” if it was the other way around. A mind so riddled with conservative lies no longer functions like a regular brain. CNN was never ‘outraged’ over the murder of Trayvon. It simply reported the outrage that some in the community felt when a black child was killed for the crime of “ walking home while minding his own business” and the police had to be shamed into action.

Let me know if the authorities feel the black kids on the bus were justified and decide to do nothing. If they do and enough people are outraged, CNN will report it. It’s what actual news organizations do. they report the news, they don’t create it.

Three black kids beat the hell out of a white kid on a Florida school bus, break his arm, rob him, and CNN spins the whole story as an apology for the bus driver.

Driver says he did all he could during Florida school bus beating - CNN.com

Never mind the appalling sociopathic behavior of the black kids on the bus, nor the fact that the black bus driver stood by and watched as the three black kids pummeled a white kid half to death, the real story, at least for CNN, is the school's policy in reference to bus drivers physically intervening in such situations, and why this particular bus driver should not held accountable for his disgusting sin of omission. I wonder how CNN would have presented the story had the races been reversed? I wonder if they would have gone to such pains to edit out a clear view of the race of the victim? I wonder if they would not have demonized the bus driver as a blatant racist deserving of all social contempt and criminal prosecution?

While it is obvious that Sig got banned from this thread for calling someone an imbecile, I'll still quote the OP.

What Sig was trying desperately to get at, was the fact that this story did not receive the same level of 'attention' per se, because of the race of the person who got beaten.

Had the three kids doing the beating been white, and the bus drive white, while the kid getting pummeled was black, this story would be a national media frenzy and all of the race baiters for the NAACP etc would be freaking out. To say that this would not happen would be a lie, as we all saw what happened to George Zimmerman. Yes, relating this story to TM/GZ is relevant, whether you like it or not. It frames the picture of the racial scene in America very well. People are hypersensitive to any story about blacks being victimized in any way. There is an enormous amount of implicit pressure on the media to report things in a way which is apologetic to the black community. The bus driver, superintendant of the school, etc, would all be publicly apologizing and begging to keep their jobs while receiving death threats via twitter from disgruntled black folk.

Take a minute to be honest with yourself about this situation, regardless of how you feel about the overall status of race relations in this country.

If only the lamestream media didn't hate white people...

Really, can we just be done with the "I'm a victim" crap?

What Sig was trying desperately to get at, was the fact that this story did not receive the same level of 'attention' per se, because of the race of the person who got beaten.

He was desperate because his delusional rant was treated as exactly what it was, a delusional rant. since you are picking up the delusional flag that sig dropped, read this slowly:

People were outraged because a black child was killed for being black. Race was a factor in Trayvon’s death. and then people were further outraged because the police had to be shamed into action. News outlets reported the news of the outrage.

If the kid on the bus was beaten for being white and the police didn’t think it was a crime then you can be outraged. then you can protest. then you can get the media attention for the race crime. But sadly for your false analogy, he wasn’t beaten for being white. and I’m willing to bet that the authorities don’t have to be shamed into punishing the assailants.

As indicated by the Snopes link, cons felt it necessary to lie. be honest, what do you think about that?

He was desperate because his delusional rant was treated as exactly what it was, a delusional rant. since you are picking up the delusional flag that sig dropped, read this slowly:

People were outraged because a black child was killed for being black. Race was a factor in Trayvon’s death. and then people were further outraged because the police had to be shamed into action. News outlets reported the news of the outrage.

If the kid on the bus was beaten for being white and the police didn’t think it was a crime then you can be outraged. then you can protest. then you can get the media attention for the race crime. But sadly for your false analogy, he wasn’t beaten for being white. and I’m willing to bet that the authorities don’t have to be shamed into punishing the assailants.

As indicated by the Snopes link, cons felt it necessary to lie. be honest, what do you think about that?

This is the dishonesty I was assuming I would get.

Had TM been white, we would have never heard about it. He was made a martyr because he was black, because the media in this nation loves to create fire storms concerning race. GZ was found not guilty, it was not racial. Get over it.

About the current issue; the white public is not in the media showing outrage because the white public does not have a voice in the media. A public figure who openly defended white people in situations like this would be crucified for doing so. The NAACP bascially dares people to do it and do they? No, because it is political suicide in this country - and THAT is racist - if you want to start playing that card.

While it is obvious that Sig got banned from this thread for calling someone an imbecile, I'll still quote the OP.

Yes, we all "know" that the media ignores the white victims of black people. If you're unsure of this, just ask OJ Simpson

Yes, we all "know" that the media ignores the white victims of black people. If you're unsure of this, just ask OJ Simpson

I can't tell for sure, but I think you are agreeing with me.

Sorry, sometimes it is difficult to pick up subtleties through internet dialogue.

There is "spin." It is that this isn't a race issue. I am not saying it "should be." I am saying that if you reverse the race issue...it would be a hate crime. Now watch for the next time a half white guy kills a black guy. It will be a hate crime. The message the media sent in the Zimmerman case was that it isn't ok for you to defend yourself if the aggressor is Black and you look white.

This is the dishonesty I was assuming I would get. ..

ah, another magic con definition. sorry pal, not agreeing with your flawed logic doesn't make me dishonest. It actually makes me intelligent. I was clear but strangely you cling to your false narrative.

Had TM been white, we would have never heard about it..

exactly. He would have walked home and not been killed. Oh, I see you are leaving that part out. Instead of me presenting the facts in a clear manner so you can just ignore it and repeat your silly narrative. Tell us why a child that was minding his own business as he was walking home is dead? what made Zimmerman single him out that child with "those assholes always get away"? please be clear and specific because your version of reality needs race not to have been a factor in Trayvon's death and the subsequent inaction from police.

the white public is not in the media showing outrage because the white public does not have a voice in the media..
this proves you need professional help. But before you go, please explain how race was not a factor in Trayvon's death. Again, clear and specific.

Race was not a factor in his death. Self defense was. Sorry if you STILL don't get it and probably never will. You will probably live with your racist delusions until your death.

You can't compare this to the zimmerman case. His utterance of "these ******** punks get away......" while watch a hooded black kid walk down the street gave people viewing the case the impression that he was a racist, hated black people, and that is why he shot trayvon.

This case clearly stated it was about a kid tattling (more like narcing) out other kids and he got his ass kicked. That was the motivation behind the crime.

If we shout Racism! Or Favoritism! Or Discrimination! at every story that involves more than one race, we are never going to be able to rid ourselves of this racial divide.

Race was not a factor in his death. Self defense was. Sorry if you STILL don't get it and probably never will. You will probably live with your racist delusions until your death.

self defense? For what reason did GZ call 9-11? for what reason did GZ say "those assholes always get away"? Why did GZ ignore the 9-11 operator and follow TM? please be clear and specific (ie. don't repeat your narrative. explain it). if GZ had literally "stood his ground" as the 9-11 operator told him, TM would still be alive. And get this, if the murder of Trayvon wasn't race related why did the conservative blogosphere feel the need to lie about the picture of TM being 5 years old and put out a picture of a 'scary' looking tattooed rapper?

anyhoo, the point your delusional post ignores is that a lot of people thought it was race related. And they were outraged. And guess what, CNN covered the story. Thats what news organizations do. They cover the story. The ODP (original delusional poster) was mad and tried to make the false and racist point that CNN didn't get outraged at the bus incident. He falsely claimed CNN did get outraged at the murder of Trayvon Martin. CNN didn't get 'outraged'. They covered the story. Faux News gets 'outraged' at things. They're not a real news organization.

No spin is now spin.

All racism is from the left, if there is any on the right, it is okay, because the left is worse.

Zimmerman is super innocent. Oh yea, and a superhero.

I am so glad I am no longer a RWer, it would be soooo difficult.

self defense? For what reason did GZ call 9-11? for what reason did GZ say "those assholes always get away"? Why did GZ ignore the 9-11 operator and follow TM? please be clear and specific (ie. don't repeat your narrative. explain it). if GZ had literally "stood his ground" as the 9-11 operator told him, TM would still be alive. And get this, if the murder of Trayvon wasn't race related why did the conservative blogosphere feel the need to lie about the picture of TM being 5 years old and put out a picture of a 'scary' looking tattooed rapper?

anyhoo, the point your delusional post ignores is that a lot of people thought it was race related. And they were outraged. And guess what, CNN covered the story. Thats what news organizations do. They cover the story. The ODP (original delusional poster) was mad and tried to make the false and racist point that CNN didn't get outraged at the bus incident. He falsely claimed CNN did get outraged at the murder of Trayvon Martin. CNN didn't get 'outraged'. They covered the story. Faux News gets 'outraged' at things. They're not a real news organization.

Look, ALL of that and more was covered during the trial. He was found not guilty according to evidence and testimony by a jury. Deal with it. Not all court cases are going to end up the way YOU want them to.

Look, ALL of that and more was covered during the trial. He was found not guilty according to evidence and testimony by a jury. Deal with it. Not all court cases are going to end up the way YOU want them to.

mmm, that's odd. I wasn't talking about the trial. I was talking about the silly points you and the ODP made. Its almost as if you don't want to or cant be specific. Probably both. can you at least address the lies spewed by the conservative blogosphere?

Anyhoo, why do I feel you didn't have the same respect for evidence and testimony when OJ was acquitted.

mmm, that's odd. I wasn't talking about the trial. I was talking about the silly points you and the ODP made. Its almost as if you don't want to or cant be specific. Probably both. can you at least address the lies spewed by the conservative blogosphere?

Anyhoo, why do I feel you didn't have the same respect for evidence and testimony when OJ was acquitted.

Those "silly points" were decided on by a jury. Period. There have been plenty of trials that I didn't like the outcomes of, but I still respect the process because it's the best we have, and if there isn't enough evidence to convict, then that's how it is, and crying about it isn't going to change that.

Those "silly points" were decided on by a jury. Period. There have been plenty of trials that I didn't like the outcomes of, but I still respect the process because it's the best we have, and if there isn't enough evidence to convict, then that's how it is, and crying about it isn't going to change that.

I don't believe that those points (ie relating to race) were ever decided by a jury. AFAIK, why Z followed TM was not an issue, nor was the issue of whether or not the police performed an adequate investigation into the shooting before dismissing it. The issue the jury decided was that GZ had a reasonable fear of being killed or significant injury at the time he shot TM and so the shooting was justifiable self-defense.

But I didn't follow the trial, so it's possible that the jury was instructed to make decisions about those issues.

I don't believe that those points (ie relating to race) were ever decided by a jury. AFAIK, why Z followed TM was not an issue, nor was the issue of whether or not the police performed an adequate investigation into the shooting before dismissing it. The issue the jury decided was that GZ had a reasonable fear of being killed or significant injury at the time he shot TM and so the shooting was justifiable self-defense.

But I didn't follow the trial, so it's possible that the jury was instructed to make decisions about those issues.

Well, that's what I mean. The jury decided it was self defense. If they thought it was because of racism, then they wouldn't have thought it was self defense though.

Well, that's what I mean. The jury decided it was self defense. If they thought it was because of racism, then they wouldn't have thought it was self defense though.

I"m not so sure about that. Even if GZ followed TM because he was black, it would not mean that he didn't act in self-defense.

I"m not so sure about that. Even if GZ followed TM because he was black, it would not mean that he didn't act in self-defense.

Okay, point taken, but I believe it was a combination of factors that led George to follow Trayvon. I don't believe George was a racist, but that's not to say that a Trayvon's appearance didn't play a role. I think perhaps his behavior played a role too. And no one can prove that it was racist either, so these arguments are stupid and just continue to go in circles and never end.

Okay, point taken, but I believe it was a combination of factors that led George to follow Trayvon. I don't believe George was a racist, but that's not to say that a Trayvon's appearance didn't play a role. I think perhaps his behavior played a role too. And no one can prove that it was racist either, so these arguments are stupid and just continue to go in circles and never end.

IMO, we'll never know for sure what was in his mind. However, to bring it back to the point, race was a factor in the debate and in many people's mind, so there's nothing "wrong" with media outlets reporting that many people think there is a racial aspect to the case. That's not race-baiting

However, to suggest that a news station should make an issue of race from an incident where we *know* that race was not a factor is race-baiting.

IMO, we'll never know for sure what was in his mind. However, to bring it back to the point, race was a factor in the debate and in many people's mind, so there's nothing "wrong" with media outlets reporting that many people think there is a racial aspect to the case. That's not race-baiting

However, to suggest that a news station should make an issue of race from an incident where we *know* that race was not a factor is race-baiting.

Well, we don't *know* that.

Back
Top Bottom