• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC to significantly ease pandemic mask guidelines Friday

Deaths trail infection by a week or three.
Yeah, so pulling back on mask mandates a week or two ago was certainly a bad idea then, and is still a bad idea now.

Guess I never was as freaked out about covid as you obviously were. I remember fauci saying mask don't work and I remember being first in line for the vaccine. Other than that it's all kind if a blur. I have a very busy life.
I have made appropriate responses to whatever current information I had. I was concerned when the pandemic first began. As more information came in I knew what I had to do to protect myself. From that point forward I had no fear whatsoever.

Is Fauci the only expert you listen too? Do you think he was referring to all masks? Don't you think wearing a high quality mask before a vaccine was available would have been prudent?

wait. haven't you hammered Fauci??
He's a fallible human. He could have been replaced with someone who os a better communicator, and held more consistent messaging. Remember when he told people not to wear masks, or worry about Covid? (One of the experts I was referencing in the two year old post you quoted.)

He's a fallible human. He could have been replaced with someone who os a better communicator, and held more consistent messaging. Remember when he told people not to wear masks, or worry about Covid? (One of the experts I was referencing in the two year old post you quoted.)
so it's okay for you to trash masks in one post (and get caught) and now say the polar opposite because the science changes but not okay for others to do the same?

have some integrity and just say that you love playing both sides of the fence and then taking your opportunities to punch when you see an opening. i think people would respect you more than this childish game you play.

He said "right now" there is no reason to wear a mask. People should have the ability to look at new data and circumstances and realize that this recommendation could change. I think his wording at this point was a disaster because it gave the ignorant anti maskers a talking point they could rally behind. I think it would have been better if Trump would have had the nation prepared with enough quality masks.

He said "right now" there is no reason to wear a mask. People should have the ability to look at new data and circumstances and realize that this recommendation could change. I think his wording at this point was a disaster because it gave the ignorant anti maskers a talking point they could rally behind. I think it would have been better if Trump would have had the nation prepared with enough quality masks.
Absolutely.

Be careful, you'll be labeled as a Fauci hater by @CaughtInThe.

I have made appropriate responses to whatever current information I had. I was concerned when the pandemic first began. As more information came in I knew what I had to do to protect myself. From that point forward I had no fear whatsoever.

Is Fauci the only expert you listen too? Do you think he was referring to all masks? Don't you think wearing a high quality mask before a vaccine was available would have been prudent?
Fauci in the beginning advised against buying high quality mask. He later admitted he did so due to a mask shortage.

You and chainsaw keep bringing this up.

When did Fauci tell people not to wear masks?

Absolutely.

Be careful, you'll be labeled as a Fauci hater by @CaughtInThe.
good job trying to take the spotlight off your massive flip flop and your constant playing both sides of the fence until you sense an opening where you can needle.

here, let me introduce you to @Paradoxical . you guys should have an outstanding conversation regarding masks.

Fauci has no credibility because he acts more like a politician than a doctor.

You and chainsaw keep bringing this up.

When did Fauci tell people not to wear masks?
he's a fence sitter who tries to look "fair" and just patiently waits for an opportunity to "needle" Fauci/Biden/Libs/etc.

it's like a middle school game we watch on a board with adults.

Medical institutions and doctors.
Some maybe. But I do know pediatricians have been providing advice to parents of teens and kids about boosters that is not in line with the CDC recommendations. This has been a DP discussion and another poster (likely in another state from me) has had a similar pediatrician experience to what local family members are experiencing in my area. Here's what the CDC has to say (as of this month).

Screenshot 2022-02-25 075739.png

Fauci in the beginning advised against buying high quality mask. He later admitted he did so due to a mask shortage.
He did say that. It's a shame the country wasn't more prepared.

I got my hands on KN95's and later switched to Kf94's. I did this after the FDA allowed these under emergency use authorization.

Some maybe. But I do know pediatricians have been providing advice to parents of teens and kids about boosters that is not in line with the CDC recommendations. This has been a DP discussion and another poster (likely in another state from me) has had a similar pediatrician experience to what local family members are experiencing in my area. Here's what the CDC has to say (as of this month).

View attachment 67376788
I can see a doctor customizing a broad recommended policy to specific patients. However, given that the initial question was who trusts the CDC, I think my answer is still correct since the CDC covers many more topics than just COVID.

he's a fence sitter who tries to look "fair" and just patiently waits for an opportunity to "needle" Fauci/Biden/Libs/etc.

it's like a middle school game we watch on a board with adults.
The more reasonable I am the more apoplectic liberals become. Kind of interesting really.

so it's okay for you to trash masks in one post (and get caught) and now say the polar opposite because the science changes but not okay for others to do the same?

have some integrity and just say that you love playing both sides of the fence and then taking your opportunities to punch when you see an opening. i think people would respect you more than this childish game you play.
Trash masks? I reported what experts were saying. That's not trashing masks. Fauci didn't "trash masks", he reported the science. You keep posting your antimasker Trumper lies and hoping I'll agree with them; it's not to work.

2 weeks ago when mask mandates and covid protocols were dropped, the science was clear; 99% of the country still needed to wear a mask.

It's a strip of cloth, not an affront to your freedumbs. Mask up, wash your hands, stay away from people whose testing status you don't know and save lives. It's super easy. No need to march on your governors office with your flag to demand these basic safety precautions be dropped prematurely.

He did say that. It's a shame the country wasn't more prepared.

I got my hands on KN95's and later switched to Kf94's. I did this after the FDA allowed these under emergency use authorization.
Good for you. I stayed naked faced and did fine. One reason is I have a bushy beard and mask didn't seal anyway so what's the point.

The more reasonable I am the more apoplectic liberals become. Kind of interesting really.
well, i wasn't speaking of you and the first part of your sentence is ridiculous.

if you, for example, were in favor of saving more Americans/mothers/fathers during a pandemic (vaccines, safety, etc) no sane person is gonna fight that.

i think your problem might be what you consider "reasonable".

Good for you. I stayed naked faced and did fine. One reason is I have a bushy beard and mask didn't seal anyway so what's the point.
People with beards look ridiculous wearing a mask. Unless you are gonna shave it there is no point wearing one.

Back
Top Bottom