• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC to significantly ease pandemic mask guidelines Friday

Because to know who is COVID positive at any given time would have required massive testing on a regular basis due to it being asymptomatic in many cases. Why would you want such a program of mass surveillance testing?
This is another failure of Trump. He should have employed an "Operation Warp Speed" program to ramp up testing. Trump obviously didn't want this because it would have revealed just how bad things were and ruin his chances at reelection.

Because to know who is COVID positive at any given time would have required massive testing on a regular basis due to it being asymptomatic in many cases. Why would you want such a program of mass surveillance testing?
I got tested before the hospital would do a medical procedure on me but was still required to wear a mask into the hospital.
Beyond that if mask only help prevent spread not contraction I was perfectly happy and still am to rely on my vaccination. I don't feel the need to make others wear a mask in my presence.

Good lord did states jump the gun on removing mask mandates. How many weeks ago did they begin pulling back? How many lives could have been saved? It's not like the pandemic is over... or even in a very good place.

Deaths trail infection by a week or three.

I got tested before the hospital would do a medical procedure on me but was still required to wear a mask into the hospital.
Beyond that if mask only help prevent spread not contraction I was perfectly happy and still am to rely on my vaccination. I don't feel the need to make others wear a mask in my presence.

Oh, the humanity....

Did you wear those before you got vaccinated?
Honestly I don't remember. I got vaccinated immediately and I believe that was when fauci was saying mask don't work.

hey, at least one poster here is gonna be ecstatic. it's the guy who preached not wearing masks, that COVID wasn't that big a deal, promised to leave the board is we topped like 40,000 deaths and has been the most wrong about COVID since the beginning.

What a vile Hoax that was and how many people did it injure physically , emotionally and in general mental health terms ?

Wow, just ****in wow.

This is stupid on a very special level.

Seriously, how does one post such utter insanity? What causes one to post as such?

It always fascinated me when I read such extreme nonsense as to motivation.

Its better to have a policy that applies to everyone then having to track a million little exceptions. Trying to have an overly complicated and customized policy would be difficult from a "keeping track of things" and a "people are generally stupid and need simple rules to follow" point of view.
Beyond that if mask on ly help prevent spread not contraction I was perfectly happy and still am to rely on my vaccination. I don't feel the need to make others wear a mask in my presence.
Ok. So?

Honestly I don't remember. I got vaccinated immediately and I believe that was when fauci was saying mask don't work.
If you don't remember then you are an unaware individual. Those who took appropriate precautions have survived. The vaccine is just one layer of protection. Wearing a high quality mask is another. Not listening your Q/Deplorable/Libertarian friends is yet another.

Good lord did states jump the gun on removing mask mandates. How many weeks ago did they begin pulling back? How many lives could have been saved? It's not like the pandemic is over... or even in a very good place.
it's fascinating how your opinions have "evolved" on masks as you play both sides of the fence...

"Most experts agree that the general population wearing masks would not do any good. Gloves are only effective if you change them, often. Why not just have people wash their hands?"

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday will announce a change to the metrics it uses to determine whether to recommend face coverings, shifting from looking at COVID-19 case counts to a more holistic view of risk from the coronavirus to a community. Under current guidelines, masks are recommended for people residing in communities of substantial or high transmission — roughly 95% of U.S. counties, according to the latest data.

Most of the country has already started doing this over the last two or three weeks. But the CDC, being the data driven institution they are needed time to dot the i's and cross the t's. It is good to see that the states did not jump the gun in the sense of doing something where the CDC would have gone another direction though.
The CDC has done such damage to their reputation, they've become practically irrelevant. Who cares what the CDC will announce? My guess as to the answer - is not many.

The CDC has done such damage to their reputation, they've become practically irrelevant. Who cares what the CDC will announce? My guess as to the answer - is not many.
Medical institutions and doctors.

people are generally stupid and need simple rules to follow" point of view.
That's the defining difference between liberals and conservatives. You think everyone is stupid and needs government supervision. I think most people are intelligent enough to make their own decisions and government tends to be the stupid ones.

That's the defining difference between liberals and conservatives. You think everyone is stupid and needs government supervision. I think most people are intelligent enough to make their own decisions and government tends to be the stupid ones.
People are intelligence enough when it comes to issues where you don't need years of study to master the basics. Medical knowledge is not one of those things.

The best way to chop wood and maintain your lawn? Sure, people tend to be great at that.

If you don't remember then you are an unaware individual. Those who took appropriate precautions have survived. The vaccine is just one layer of protection. Wearing a high quality mask is another. Not listening your Q/Deplorable/Libertarian friends is yet another.
Guess I never was as freaked out about covid as you obviously were. I remember fauci saying mask don't work and I remember being first in line for the vaccine. Other than that it's all kind if a blur. I have a very busy life.

I prefer to listen to medical experts on medical issues before I make my decisions.

Guess I never was as freaked out about covid as you obviously were. I remember fauci saying mask don't work and I remember being first in line for the vaccine. Other than that it's all kind if a blur. I have a very busy life.

When did Fauci state masks don't work?

People are intelligence enough when it comes to issues where you don't need years of study to master the basics. Medical knowledge is not one of those things.

The best way to chop wood and maintain your lawn? Sure, people tend to be great at that.
Once again you prove my point. Liberals think people need government supervision and are not capable of making their own informed decisions.

Once again you prove my point. Liberals think people need government supervision and are not capable of making their own informed decisions.
I do not feel guilty about being correct.

it's fascinating how your opinions have "evolved" on masks as you play both sides of the fence...

"Most experts agree that the general population wearing masks would not do any good. Gloves are only effective if you change them, often. Why not just have people wash their hands?"

Yes, the science has changed in the past two years. Follow the science bud.

Back
Top Bottom