• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CDC Report Admits 74.2 Million People in the USA Have Not Had a Single Dose of a Covid-19 Vaccine

I'm good with that. Been called worse. ;)
I didn't mean you personally - I meant all who lie about the vaccine's efficacy. You know who you are ;)

That's cause they didn't NEED any vaccination cause the fatality rate for those under 55 in good health IS extremely low.
You only know what you need. I got my two shots and two booster shots in order to mitigate the risk posed by local conspiracy nutters who see an evil plot behind everything

You do have that freedom, and should always have it. But we're free to call you stupid for an idiotic and self-serving decision. Not the decision to avoid vaccination, but the decision to lie about the vaccine's effectiveness.
Here’s the religious guilt and shame card trotted out by the new cultists called progressives

You only know what you need. I got my two shots and two booster shots in order to mitigate the risk posed by local conspiracy nutters who see an evil plot behind everything
Who said anything about conspiracy which is just the fallback accusation of the left?

Says who? I need evidence of this. They are still alive and they are almost a quarter of the population. I would like to see how many people died who were vaccinated and how many people who were unvaccinated died from someone other than the CDC or NIH.
Well, let me ask you this: would you agree with the basic premise that if your symptoms are severe enough to put you in the hospital, then that would place you in the group that is more likely to die?

I know. There are those who don't take ANYTHING that doesn't accord with the view of reality that they want to be true seriously.

BTW - Do you know the difference between Canadians and Americans?

[1] American bumper stickers say "Let's Go Brandon"

and

[2] Canadian bumper stickers say "**** Trudeau"
(except the Canadian ones don't use asterisks).​
???

In your earlier post you were wondering why the unvaxxed didn't die. That's cause the fatality rate for Covid is low. Like duhhhhh
Define "low".

The US mortality rate for COVID-19 is 1.21% (which is higher than the mortality rate for any of the "G-8+ China" countries except China and Russia [and I wouldn't trust the Chinese numbers on a bet]).

22-05-22 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG

The "COVID -Burden" for the US is

22-05-21 H1 - COVID BURDEN.JPG

nothing to write home to mother about either (and it has risen from 80th to 50th in the past two weeks).

I didn't mean you personally - I meant all who lie about the vaccine's efficacy. You know who you are ;)
It’s beyond me to understand the kind of idiotic binary thinking some righties engage in-if the vaccines don’t prevent infections they “don’t work “; if masks don’t prevent all transmission then masks “don’t
work”. Everything is either black or white.
Perhaps it’s a sign of poor education. I really don’t know.

Define "low".

The US mortality rate for COVID-19 is 1.21% (which is higher than the mortality rate for any of the "G-8+ China" countries except China and Russia [and I wouldn't trust the Chinese numbers on a bet]).

The "COVID -Burden" for the US is

nothing to write home to mother about either (and it has risen from 80th to 50th in the past two weeks).
My guess is that the cfr is decreasing here. Early on it was probably in the neighborhood of 2%, but now, with better vaccine penetration for normal people and the emergence of newer therapeutics like paxlovid it’s probably even less than 1.2% overall and much less if you aren’t a covidiot.

Perhaps the mandate mob should figure out how people in Shanghai caught covid despite extreme measures of mandates.

Since omicron is the most contagious disease known to man it does not take a genius to figure that no measures would be able to eliminate it. That was never the goal though. Mandates were meant to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed and they were largely successful despite the rights efforts to undermine them. We did have the highest death rates though so you can be proud of that at least. Without your efforts 10's of 1000's would still be alive so it wasn't in vain.

My guess is that the cfr is decreasing here. Early on it was probably in the neighborhood of 2%, but now, with better vaccine penetration for normal people and the emergence of newer therapeutics like paxlovid it’s probably even less than 1.2% overall and much less if you aren’t a covidiot.
On 21 JUN 20, the US mortality rate for COVID-19 was 5.522%. Since then it has been dropping.

22-05-22 B1a2 - Mortality Rate ALL GRAPH.JPG

and a "truncated" graph is

22-05-22 B1c - Mortality Rate BIDEN Years GRAPH.JPG

NOTE the difference is the "Mortality Rate" scales.

Since omicron is the most contagious disease known to man it does not take a genius to figure that no measures would be able to eliminate it. That was never the goal though. Mandates were meant to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed and they were largely successful despite the rights efforts to undermine them. We did have the highest death rates though so you can be proud of that at least. Without your efforts 10's of 1000's would still be alive so it wasn't in vain.
Iow -- you have no idea how they could have caught covid despite extreme measures to quarantine them.

CDC Report Admits 74.2 Million People in the USA Have Not Had a Single Dose of a Covid-19 Vaccine​

Never one to miss a grotesque distortion of the facts if you can help it, you've once again twisted the truth into a pretzel to support your persistent agenda. The CDC didn't ADMIT anything. The CDC merely provided data, which they've been doing in one form or another, continuously since the beginning of the GLOBAL pandemic. Moreover, every other country on the planet has gone through similar ebbs and flows of policy positions while responding to this disease, which has morphed throughout earth's human population, to a greater or lesser extent.

I'm tempted to suggest you stop repeatedly making a fool of yourself on this issue, but I recognize it's far too late to expect any change from you.
The after effects of covid are not pretty. One of them being erectile dysfunction. LOL good luck antivaxxers.

Iow -- you have no idea how they could have caught covid despite extreme measures to quarantine them.
Omicron is the most contagious disease known to man that is how. Use your head. The original covid could be controlled but omicron is far more contagious. Even N. Korea is infected now. Thankfully we have a vaccine that prevents serious illness now too.

You are bad at math I see.
You claim 'But it would appear the majority of the American people can already see through President Biden’s lies.....'
And yet your own chart shows that about 66.2% of Americans have had at least 2 doses of vaccine (219,778,035 divided by 332,000,000).
So the MAJORITY of Americans see that being vaccinated is the smart thing to do.
And the first booster, the 3rd dose, was initially recommended for those over 65 so of course the total numbers are going to be less.

Since omicron is the most contagious disease known to man
Actually it isn't. It's less contagious than Measles.
it does not take a genius to figure that no measures would be able to eliminate it.
Yep, that's why there is no vaccine to (help) prevent Measles.
That was never the goal though. Mandates were meant to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed and they were largely successful despite the rights efforts to undermine them.
Yep.
We did have the highest death rates though so you can be proud of that at least. Without your efforts 10's of 1000's would still be alive so it wasn't in vain.
If the US had done what Sweden, Canada, or Japan did, then this is what would have happened:

22-05-22 H2 - ACCEPTABLE DEATHS.JPG

By choosing "The American Way" rather than "The Japanese Way" the US suffered around 950,000 EXTRA deaths from COVID-19.

Pro-Trump counties continue to suffer far higher COVID death tolls​

Oh well

Yep.

If the US had done what Sweden, Canada, or Japan did, then this is what would have happened:

By choosing "The American Way" rather than "The Japanese Way" the US suffered around 950,000 EXTRA deaths from COVID-19.
Sadly the new omicron variants are at least as contagious as measles and unlike the measles shot, the covid vaccine does not prevent transmission 100%. That makes it worse than measles. I stand by my statement.

The variants now dominating around the world may be five to 10 times more infectious than the original virus that sparked the pandemic in China in late 2019, health experts believe. Lately each variant has outpaced its parent — omicron, with its massive evolutionary jump, was about three times more infectious than delta. Its subvariants — BA.2 and BA.2.12.1, which are driving the latest surge in the Bay Area — are each more infectious still, by 20% to 30%.

The basic reproduction value — a number meant to represent how many people could be infected from a single case — for these subvariants may be approaching 15, an astonishingly high score that would put the coronavirus on par with measles.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/Almost-as-contagious-as-measles-Coronavirus-17184445.php

Sadly the new omicron variants are at least as contagious as measles and unlike the measles shot, the covid vaccine does not prevent transmission 100%. That makes it worse than measles. I stand by my statement.

The variants now dominating around the world may be five to 10 times more infectious than the original virus that sparked the pandemic in China in late 2019, health experts believe. Lately each variant has outpaced its parent — omicron, with its massive evolutionary jump, was about three times more infectious than delta. Its subvariants — BA.2 and BA.2.12.1, which are driving the latest surge in the Bay Area — are each more infectious still, by 20% to 30%.

The basic reproduction value — a number meant to represent how many people could be infected from a single case — for these subvariants may be approaching 15, an astonishingly high score that would put the coronavirus on par with measles.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/Almost-as-contagious-as-measles-Coronavirus-17184445.php
That's very bad news.

That's very bad news.
The only good news is that the vaccine with proper boosters will still prevent serious illness from the variants. If we didn't have it we would be f**ked and millions more would die.

See post #95
Yea, I saw it, but you're still not addressing what's in the article I cited. No one is questioning how contagious Omicron is -- it's very contagious. The question is -- How did the disease find its way into the complex to infect these quarantined residents?

Yep.

Guess who was in charge when “The American Way” was initiated. That’s why I view the orange jackass as a mass murderer. It’s the primary reason I hate him.

Back
Top Bottom